Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

That's a valid point but no one has claimed to be a busdriver or redirector, which would help clear up a lot of the confusion.

Also I wrote it in my confessional that we only have Vancouver left and the Glacier National Park (something along those lines)

I asked Salad and he said all destinations are one time visit only, if we make it 6 days then there are just no more stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

Were the options just Vancouver or "not Vancouver"?

There are several options. See Keats's flip for all of them We can't go the same place twice. Aslo remember we have to have 8 votes today because of where we are.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Warm places are not an option.

Off to walk my dog in the icy cold, will be back in time to switch if necessary.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##vote Anon

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Maerlyn posted:

That's a valid point but no one has claimed to be a busdriver or redirector, which would help clear up a lot of the confusion.

Also I wrote it in my confessional that we only have Vancouver left and the Glacier National Park (something along those lines)

I asked Salad and he said all destinations are one time visit only, if we make it 6 days then there are just no more stops.

I mean, if there's any sort of redirection role left in the game, it is definitely scum (or it could be another 3p, I guess, but press X to doubt). Town would've claimed to clear up confusion by now, as you said.

Anyway, my vote is to go to Glacier if we are killing Maer today. If we are letting her live, we might as well go to Vancouver because we can test her claim, and if she absconds, then we don't have to worry about her anymore.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

If there's really someone hunting Maer, she's probably gonna die overnight, actually, regardless of whether we go to Vancouver or not

As much as I still have doubts about her, I think her slot resolves by tomorrow in all cases if we go to Vancouver. If she survives and absconds, she's resolved. If she gets killed at night, she's resolved. If she neither dies nor absconds, she's outed scum and we vote her tomorrow.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Wait, actually... There's nobody else with a night kill. There haven't been any extra kills, except due to Somber's PGO. So Maer will not die at night, meh. Lemme think.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

There is, however, some sort of day kill (I think). Remember how I said that TPC's/my BP vest disappeared at the end of D2?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Wind what night/day were you alerted your BP popped? I imagine there's no way to distinguish if it was you or TPC targeted.

WindwardAway posted:

Wait, actually... There's nobody else with a night kill. There haven't been any extra kills, except due to Somber's PGO. So Maer will not die at night, meh. Lemme think.

Speaking of which, see above. If it's the same night Sand/Zoya were killed then there is an additional killer running around.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

WindwardAway posted:

There is, however, some sort of day kill (I think). Remember how I said that TPC's/my BP vest disappeared at the end of D2?

That wouldn't be scum or the PGO then

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Oh and one other thing, TPC and I didn't know that Keats had an orthowin to hunt us down, it was pure luck (read: pure Keats play) that he died D1 or we presumably would've been in deep poo poo after claiming 3p.

Which makes me wonder, why was Maer informed someone wanted to kill her, but TPC and I weren't? I guess if it was because Keats had no kill power of his own and we had to die during the day, the countermeasure was for us to just try not to flip during the day. So maybe Maer's pursuer has extra kill power.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This stinks to high heaven.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

Wind what night/day were you alerted your BP popped? I imagine there's no way to distinguish if it was you or TPC targeted.

Speaking of which, see above. If it's the same night Sand/Zoya were killed then there is an additional killer running around.

Right after we flipped zzyzx
Like, immediately after

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Somberbrero posted:

This stinks to high heaven.

Not sure what part of it stinks to you, but according to our ship's dog, everything smells!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Right after we flipped zzyzx
Like, immediately after

I mean I am under the assumption this was a day action because it was technically day end and not night
Or night start, but had to be submitted the day before

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Also, no, it was a shared factional BP so we were told it was gone but not who got hit.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sorry if I'm a little distracted btw, I've been multitasking

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JosefStalinator posted:

These both seem like weak and scummy posts - the first a hedgebetting "ah well time to bus", the latter a weak attempted defense of a scumbro

Anarch is a good call ##vote anarch

Throwing my child overboard though, feels very bad :negative:

Btw anarch elaborated on this in famchat a bit flavor wise, surprised they didn't do so here. I still can't tell if anarch is just a super disengaged townie or just super lurky

JS didn't even comment on zzyzx day two. calling anarc out for a hedging bus seems mental when the zyzzx vote was hard fought, we saw cube was not on it at all.

Stalin highlights their own vote with indecision, they seem to be doubting the read even as they commit to it. Makes no sense, there's not a lack of content this game so why commit to something you're unsure about?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sorry I have probably helped distract from scum hunting

I'll reread AN and Josef while at lunch, I don't feel great about the votes on AN though because the case just seems to be lurking. I forgot to look at Cube voters and wanted to compare with votes for zzyzx

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

JS didn't even comment on zzyzx day two. calling anarc out for a hedging bus seems mental when the zyzzx vote was hard fought, we saw cube was not on it at all.

Stalin highlights their own vote with indecision, they seem to be doubting the read even as they commit to it. Makes no sense, there's not a lack of content this game so why commit to something you're unsure about?

I didn't comment on zzy because I was busy at the deadline/swerve hth

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

Sorry I have probably helped distract from scum hunting

I'll reread AN and Josef while at lunch, I don't feel great about the votes on AN though because the case just seems to be lurking. I forgot to look at Cube voters and wanted to compare with votes for zzyzx

Personally i still think the commuter role has higher scum utility than town utility, but yeah, a lot of the reasoning is just the lurking ANarc has been doing.

Fwiw i don't believe that both you and Josef are scum together, so if Josef turns out to be scum you'd be clear imo. Most of the case on you has been just for lurking, from my end tbh, and the mech confusion, but that's why I don't think you're paired with him, or you would've figured out a way to claim convincingly. Since you claimed your visits after TM claimed his info, iirc.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JosefStalinator posted:

I didn't comment on zzy because I was busy at the deadline/swerve hth

Bzzt, try again. I had been banging the zzyzx drum most of the day and proceeding your vote on Tea Party Crabber. The 'swerve' was an ongoing discussion throughout the day.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 3

CubicalSucrose (8): Your Personal Muse, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Your Personal Muse, Mekchu, Maerlyn, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Mekchu, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, WindwardAway, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, Tired Moritz, Mekchu
AnonymousNarcotics (1): merk, WindwardAway, WindwardAway
Somberbrero (1): CubicalSucrose
JosefStalinator (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
WindwardAway (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, EGalz18, mycelia, Rhymes With Clue

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 29th, 2023 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Bzzt, try again. I had been banging the zzyzx drum most of the day and proceeding your vote on Tea Party Crabber. The 'swerve' was an ongoing discussion throughout the day.

Ehh this is a weird view of what happened. Yes you were banging the drum, but nobody
was actually voting outside the Thunderdome until very close to end of day.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

WindwardAway posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Tea Party Crasher (6): Zoya, Sandwolf, Rhymes With Clue, Mekchu, Mekchu, WindwardAway, merk, merk, Rhymes With Clue, zzyzx, Somberbrero, Rhymes With Clue, JosefStalinator, Sandwolf
Your Personal Muse (3): Rhymes With Clue, AnonymousNarcotics, mycelia, Mekchu, Rhymes With Clue
Rhymes With Clue (3): WindwardAway, Your Personal Muse, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, Mekchu, Mekchu, WindwardAway, CubicalSucrose, JosefStalinator
zzyzx (1): merk, Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (4): EGalz18, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Tired Moritz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 25th, 2023 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 8 minutes.

The last time I posted on day 2, not even you were voting for zzy. Don't get me wrong, you can make a case I was intentionally lurking or whatever, but it's really weird to imply that I was ignoring a case that had one vote before I disengaged for the day.

Somberbrero posted:

what a good question.

(yes zyzzx is the best candidate for today. i am voting tpc in sort of a 'cut off your nose to spite your face' type maneuver)

Even you were voting TPC at that point

This whole somber push on me seems weird - I still think that it's a townie thing they've got scum on the ropes, but the harder somber pushes the more I think they might have bussed an inactive scum zzy early on and are trying to ride the towncred.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was voting TPC sarcastically to spite Sandwolf.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ehh this is a weird view of what happened. Yes you were banging the drum, but nobody
was actually voting outside the Thunderdome until very close to end of day.

Tbf that's because I came clean about TPC and me only 2.5hours before deadline

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JosefStalinator posted:

This whole somber push on me seems weird - I still think that it's a townie thing they've got scum on the ropes, but the harder somber pushes the more I think they might have bussed an inactive scum zzy early on and are trying to ride the towncred.

You missed the part where Cube spent all yesterday trying to work this angle on me too.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Ngl I'm starting to feel like I should go back to voting Josef. He's not doing himself any favors pushing on obvtown Somber.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

You missed the part where Cube spent all yesterday trying to work this angle on me too.

No intention on voting for you regardless, even if it ends up being a longplay somber bus I think anarch or maer are better votes today

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Problem is we need 8 votes because of the location, which I didn't notice until it was quoted again. And I'm a bit scared of moving and ending the day with no lunch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
We saw that zyzzx and Cube were both heavily focused on voting around the cop results because it was an all-win scenario for them.

Stalin's progression from voting RWC to Tea Party Caramel day two didn't make sense and the shift is hardly explained, because Stalin was just going with the more popular vote at that point.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

JosefStalinator posted:

No intention on voting for you regardless, even if it ends up being a longplay somber bus I think anarch or maer are better votes today

Whats your opinion on Maer's claim and TM's bloodhound skills?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WindwardAway posted:

Problem is we need 8 votes because of the location, which I didn't notice until it was quoted again. And I'm a bit scared of moving and ending the day with no lunch.

##vote anarch

I'll be in class by deadline, so I'll park a vote on anarch and ensure we don't no exe

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Somberbrero posted:

We saw that zyzzx and Cube were both heavily focused on voting around the cop results because it was an all-win scenario for them.

Stalin's progression from voting RWC to Tea Party Caramel day two didn't make sense and the shift is hardly explained, because Stalin was just going with the more popular vote at that point.

Yeah and tbh that's also why I thought merk was a bit more likely to be town
He also voted disregarding the thunderdome. Felt very uninformed but also, he just wasn't interested when it probably guaranteed no scum would die.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WindwardAway posted:

Whats your opinion on Maer's claim and TM's bloodhound skills?

I'm having a bit of a hard time following it (I am stupid), but I find Maer's claim a bit sketchy. I know I haven't and can't visit anyone, so if it comes down to them claiming something that contradicts with that, then from my perspective it's obvious they are lying.

The main thing holding us back is that they claim itll end if we get to vancouver, so gently caress it, let's go to vancouver and see if they abscond.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Somberbrero posted:

More like, he went from pushing that someone in the glacier masonry was scum to suddenly not pushing that anymore when it was less convenient.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I feel like if someone needed Maerlyn dead, they might as well claim now, she's in the PoE anyway and there are probably a lot of people fine with wanting her dead. The fact that nobody has stepped forward and admitted it indicates that either she lied, or the player who's hunting her is non-town (either scum or an executioner). Bringing me back to the unclaimed snipe on TPC/me. It's probably not town killing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Anarc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WindwardAway posted:

More like, he went from pushing that someone in the glacier masonry was scum to suddenly not pushing that anymore when it was less convenient.

I really thought RWC was scum tbh, though time has assuaged my fears and their posting after I confronted them a bit gave me reassurance I was misreading them

the switch to TPC looks scummy af so I don't blame people for scumpinging it. I really was just lost in that eccocop stuff and after some reassurances about RWC, felt TPC was the better call if SOMEONE in the bunch was scum. YPM wasn't pinging me as scum at all

JosefStalinator posted:

My scumranking of the three is, from scummiest to towniest:

RWC > TPC > YPM