Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's it unbalanced? What did they change?

I was watching Alex Valle, and he was getting thrown out of Evil Ken and Ryu''s teleports, Evil Ryu's raging demon only did 20-25% damage, tops...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's it unbalanced? What did they change?

First off its speed is set at 1.3x the speed of vanilla sf2 while super turbo is supposed to be set to 3x so it instantly doesnt feel right and imo isnt as fun.

Next they tweeked system stuff and never told anybody what they did so everyone is in the dark about it, but since top players arent gonna play seriously because they want super turbo speed its gonna be a much longer process to uncover whats going on under the hood without the lab monsters testing all day.

Last they made combos into super way easier so youre going to eat 80% damage off a jab

It would honestly be a fine game for cheap but at 40 its really really hard to recommend vs free fightcade ST on pc

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought SF2 and I regret it. It's basically unplayable due to the bad control methods and yeah it's unbalanced and slow.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Empress Brosephine posted:

I bought SF2 and I regret it. It's basically unplayable due to the bad control methods and yeah it's unbalanced and slow.

Just shut up and move on to the next thread your making GBS threads in.

Super Magical Drop 2 is coming this summer

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Junkie Disease posted:

:discourse:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ill get it cause i like to collect fighters but i need a ps4 to switch stick converter and a 75% price drop

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junkie Disease posted:

Sorry there's a bad game on the switch, should this thread be exclusively about praising holy Nintendo and the grail that is the Switch? Where would you suggest we talk about the legitimate and plentiful faults of many of the Switch games so far?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Ill get it cause i like to collect fighters but i need a ps4 to switch stick converter and a 75% price drop

It was fun on the first day because it was a bunch of people who never played SF2 online before and seemed to be stuck in the SNES era so it was easy to ruin them :)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Waiting in a line that long for a switch is stupid. Just buy a WiiU

You post low effort crap like this all the time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I only have fun when a decent player owns me and teaches me stuff so i dont mind waiting until the cant stop fireball spam crowd is thinned

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

I only have fun when a decent player owns me and teaches me stuff so i dont mind waiting until the cant stop fireball spam crowd is thinned

It's still just real bad evil ryus pallete swapped into "gay " colors because they still think it's funny.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Does ARMS have LEGS?

:lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laff

Are you ok?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Hey idiots, stop engaging with known trolls and wondering why they keep coming back

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Arms is good for a fighting game.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

chaleski posted:

Hey idiots, stop engaging with known trolls and wondering why they keep coming back

Im just wondering why the mods dont just streamline this thread to be trolless

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a fun fighting game at least

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Junkie Disease posted:

Im just wondering why the mods dont just streamline this thread to be trolless

opinions are not trolling, friendo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the hype is real

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

super turbo is supposed to be set to 3x

To be fair, that's incorrect: http://combovid.com/?p=5002

At 3x, enough frames would have been skipped that you wouldn't be able to execute cr. MK xx Hadoken reliably.

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 4, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
For those who consider getting Disgaea 5, Please note that the demo only shows a tiny fraction of what the game can offer. There's a lot of interesting things you can do in the game and you aren't limited in methods on how to beat the story mode. You can use Main Characters only, use created characters only, or even use a single character only.

Later on in the game it gets really grindy and then you will realise that the game is built in a way where it has mechanics that are expected if you to exploit and abuse to get anywhere fast.

Every unit also has it's own use in some form or another and you're never stuck having to create some random guy and being stuck with it at level 1 when you're in a level 50~ range. You can just toss money at it's creation to be at a certain level.

but yeah tl;dr the game has a gently caress ton of stuff in it for you to play around with and don't feel bad for taking advantage of it, the game can be bullshit at times.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Arms play tonight shows that even with a couple of demo events people are figuring out how to play 'better' than they were last week. Lots of slower, more tactical fights, better punishment, whiffs feel more costly.

Still not entirely convinced that there's a full fighting game in there, but it's fun enough that I'm now considering picking it up when it really wasn't on my radar at all before the promo bits.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It didn't do a good job of explaining the moveset because the load screens went by too quickly; however, I had a few perfect games from just waiting and punishing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Excuse me then. You could adjust the speed btw 1-10 and default was 3 on whatever version i had. Must have misinterpreted. Usf2 is super slow though

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Usf2 is super slow though

Yeah, it is apparently slower than any of the ST speed settings. gently caress that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Yeah, it is apparently slower than any of the ST speed settings. gently caress that.

Capcom actually advertised it as being faster than st*

*on the lowest setting

So if they even lied about that lol. There was an epic post in the sf thread like "if you know its so bad that you need to lie to hide it why not speed it up?"

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Is it true that some newer TVs can turn on automatically when you dock the Switch? What setting should I be looking for to enable this

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Just finished the last test punch, and hell, ARMS is good fun. And, controversial statement, I will purchase it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Spellman posted:

Is it true that some newer TVs can turn on automatically when you dock the Switch? What setting should I be looking for to enable this

CEC/Anynet+.

It's finicky as hell and sucks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phone posted:

CEC/Anynet+.

It's finicky as hell and sucks.

Depends on the tv on a device by device basis it seems. Samsung works good with playstation and very bad with switch with a patch coming soon supposedly

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Capcom actually advertised it as being faster than st*

*on the lowest setting

So if they even lied about that lol. There was an epic post in the sf thread like "if you know its so bad that you need to lie to hide it why not speed it up?"

Oh, I looked it up and apparently USF2 is 1.35x versus the 1.33x of the Turbo 1 setting, so I guess they technically didn't lie.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I really want to meet the weird wormtongue dude that has corrupted capcom and made them evil and stupid

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Capcom, knowing that they were compromised, sacrificed their ability to ever make a good fighting game again to keep resident evil and monster Hunter alive

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

USF2 really should have every element from all the SF2s. All the intros, CPS1 music, speed settings, etc. You should even be able to play with those wacky old arcade mods that let you spam endless fireballs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

USF2 really should have every element from all the SF2s. All the intros, CPS1 music, speed settings, etc. You should even be able to play with those wacky old arcade mods that let you spam endless fireballs.

Hd remix had original version characters effectively doubling the choices on character select. Usf2 doesnt. :iiam:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

I really want to meet the weird wormtongue dude that has corrupted capcom and made them evil and stupid

I mean, let's not forget that James Goddard more or less had to grovel at Akira Nishitani's feet to make Hyper Fighting happen in the first place.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I mean, let's not forget that James Goddard more or less had to grovel at Akira Nishitani's feet to make Hyper Fighting happen in the first place.

Yeah but they made alpha2 so there was some pure spark their once

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Real hurthling! posted:

Hd remix had original version characters effectively doubling the choices on character select. Usf2 doesnt. :iiam:

Only Super Turbo features this. HD Remix tried to rebalance the characters such that they wouldn't be necessary anymore, and so got rid of them. Unless you're referring to playing Super Turbo through HD Remix in which case nevermind me.

Also the wormtongue in this case is probably more along the lines of Capcom just bleeding all their talent. :/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nickoten posted:

Only Super Turbo features this. HD Remix tried to rebalance the characters such that they wouldn't be necessary anymore, and so got rid of them.

Unless you're referring to playing Super Turbo through HD Remix in which case nevermind me.

Yah sorry. hdremix as a package, not the hd mode in it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd like an Ultra Street Fighter 3 but Capcom would probably ruin it by cutting animations or something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah but they made alpha2 so there was some pure spark their once

21 years later and SF Alpha 2 is still the gold standard of street fighters for me. Still own it and my Saturn.

• Locked thread