Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Brett Easton Ellis would obviously do the inevitable Littlefinger POV where he pervs on Sansa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Brett Easton Ellis would just post in the bad thread about how much poo poo is in GRRM's dick cuz he a hater.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I think BEE hates women way too much to post in the bad thread. We love the ladies.

:unsmigghh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Naw, Bret loves women. Not necessarily in a physical way, not this decade anyway, but women have one thing going for them.

Women can't be fathers. Goddamn, does Bret Easton Ellis ever have a chip on his shoulder about dads, oh sweet Christ, have you read any of his books?!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I read American Psycho and it was pretty much that Scrotie McBoogerballs episode of South Park only less good.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I read American Psycho and it was pretty much that Scrotie McBoogerballs episode of South Park only less good.

I'm seriously wondering if there are any books you do like. Infinite Jest maybe?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Josef bugman posted:

I'm seriously wondering if there are any books you do like. Infinite Jest maybe?

I rather enjoyed ADWD, the final book in the celebrated ASoIaF series by Hugo Award winning novelist George Robert Richmond Martin.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Wait what, it was a book?

Firing up the kindle

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fog Tripper posted:

Wait what, it was a book?

Firing up the kindle

No don't. It'll spoil your enjoyment of the film!

(this is actually true now that I think about it)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

So true. The book is 2/3 fashion sperging and 1/3 gruesome horrible torture.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How they pulled a weirdly funny movie out of that shitheap is beyond me.

Same with Rules of Attraction. That movie owns bones.

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

American Psycho the film is good, but guts the meaning of the book. Best to consider them totally different animals.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Oh for gods sake. $9.95 for the kindle version. I am soon going back to print. gently caress ebook inflation.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

(Click for full size.) Discuss.

I personally feel as if the Xbone should be Gurm himself, but Hodor might make a fair stand-in.

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

Why do people always put "Hodor? Hodor hodor" or some poo poo on those? It's called overselling the joke, internet text on picture putter.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

So the Wii U is going to end up in a field dying in it's own poo poo?

Awesome I'll take 20.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Looking forward to seeing Dany in Call of Dootie: Black Plops.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

American Psycho has a five page sex scene. You perverts will love it.

Also, the movie is better.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Memes about bidya gaims.

Truly it is the bad thread.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
I think Cercei's arc in AFFC would be the closest characterization of the Xbone's marketing.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
American Psycho is a great book. That scene where just breaks down and runs through town rabidly waving his credit card at butchers and homeless people is amazing. Maybe I just have a hard on for the prose.

quote:

I imagine running around Central Park on a cool spring afternoon with Jean, laughing, holding hands. We buy balloons, we let them go.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Remember when he makes painfully awkward small talk with Tom Cruise in an elevator, after doing cocaine (i think)?

Good times

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I love Rules of Attraction so hard because you just have no idea if Sean is in denial about his relationship with Paul or if Paul is just so goddamn stupid he imagined the entire thing.

The best book :allears:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Sadly, I can't take credit for this one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty bad, there are way better versions than that one out there if you browse long enough.

The only Easton Ellis book I've read is Less Than Zero.
I didn't like it.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shageletic posted:

American Psycho has a five page sex scene. You perverts will love it.

Also, the movie is better.

gOtta disagree on this one. Maybe because I read the book first, I just kept noticing all the places the movie fell short. I'm not quite sure what people actually _liked_ about the movie.

Aurain posted:

I didn't like it.

It makes me want to be a coked out 16 year old boy hooker again, sucking old men's cock as a result of my soul crushing Beverly hills ennui. Boy those were the days.

I mean I liked it, but there is a line in there.. something like a comparison how hollow people in LA are, and they draw a parallel between how people are emotionally distant, and the driving style in LA "People are afraid to merge", and its presented like this amazing insight.

ah here we go... ( thanks internet )

Bret posted:

“People are afraid to merge on freeways in Los Angeles. This is the first thing I hear when I come back to the city. Blair picks me up from LAX and mutters this under her breath as she drives up the onramp. She says, "People are afraid to merge on freeways in Los Angeles."

Though that sentence shouldn't bother me, it stays in my mind for an uncomfortably long time. Nothing else seems to matter. Not the fact that I'm eighteen and it's December and the ride on the plane had been rough and the couple from Santa Barbara, who were sitting across from me in first class, had gotten pretty drunk. Not the mud that had splattered on the legs of my jeans, which felt kind of cold and loose, earlier that day at an airport in New Hampshire. Not the stain on the arm of the wrinkled, damp shirt I wear, a shirt which looked fresh and clean this morning. Not the tear on the neck of my gray argyle vest, which seems vaguely more eastern than before, especially next to Blair's clean tight jeans and her pale-blue shirt. All of this seems irrelevant next to that one sentence.

It seems easier to hear that people are afraid to merge than "I'm pretty sure Muriel is anorexic" or the singer on the radio crying out about magnetic waves. Nothing else seems to matter to me but those ten words. Not the warm winds, which seem to propel the car down the empty asphalt freeway, or the faded smell of marijuana which still faintly permeates Blaire's car. All it comes down to is the fact that I'm a boy coming home for a month and meeting someone whom I haven't seen for four months and people are afraid to merge.”

man, life as a rich beverly hills kid must be rough on the soul... btw I think you can see shadows of the "American Psycho" internal monologue here with the ongoing fashion comments. i dunno he did bang that fucker out at 21 though, so its hard to be too much of a hater.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Fog Tripper posted:

Oh for gods sake. $9.95 for the kindle version. I am soon going back to print. gently caress ebook inflation.

It's only £2 (about 3 bucks) on the UK Kindle store so I just switched over to buy it there instead, based on The Mutato's recommendation. So you might want to do that too.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

It makes me want to be a coked out 16 year old boy hooker again

uhhh.

Memes about bidya gaims.

Look bra, just because you're off internet activising against 4chan or whatever the hell doesn't mean the rest of us just can't kick back and watch Owny(tm) Owning the poo poo out of everyone, ok.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nah it's cool if you wanna pay a company hundreds of dollars for some incredibly subpar stories.

Just saying, you know books are cheaper, portable, and the stories are longer and infinitely better?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Aurain posted:

I didn't like it.

Well, I don't like you <:mad:>

I enjoyed the incredible bleakness of Clay's return to LA. There's just something about it, it's haunting. I'm not sure if I want to pick up Imperial Bedrooms; I'm not entirely sanguine on whether Ellis has anything interesting to say with the same characters returning, especially if a huge chunk of the plot is based around them being real and also in a world where the Robert Downey Jr. movie about them exists or whatever the gently caress.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Joramun posted:

It's only £2 (about 3 bucks) on the UK Kindle store so I just switched over to buy it there instead, based on The Mutato's recommendation. So you might want to do that too.

Can you buy stuff on the UK store with your US account, or did you gift them?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I didn't like Less Than Zero either. It seemed pointless, like Catcher in the Rye with cocaine involved.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

my cat is norris posted:

I personally feel as if the Xbone should be Gurm himself, but Hodor might make a fair stand-in.

Hodor doesn't reflect the hubris that Gurm and MS possess.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

my cat is norris posted:

So PC's will be shot with a crossbow bolt on the toilet
PS4's will be viciously stabbed by its friends
Wii U will poo poo everywhere all over a field
Xbox One will travel with a young child to the frozen north to meet a powerful wizard

Is that what this is saying?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Dany should really be a PC. Powerful in her own right, but ignored because she's not really competing for market share with the others. Those who pride themselves on having uncut (neck)hair proclaim her praises to all and sundry, despite nobody outside their group or already harbouring sympathies towards her actually giving a gently caress.

Jon Snow is a Mac gamer. He said his oaths, he gave up the pleasures of flesh, but once in a while he just can't handle it and downloads WINE to play Quake. :qq:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

^ It makes sense considering book-Jorah's the biggest neckbeard in the series.

At least the PS4 won't need to worry about overheating due to its always-open mouth fan.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wii U is a Stockholm syndrome rape victim that is the progenitor of a supernatural event which results in overwhelming hubris leading to the collapse of an empire, and ultimately fleeing responsibility to poo poo themselves to death in a grassy field.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Does the ps4 have "honor" because it's made in glorious nippon?

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
Darkstar is the OUYA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ser Pounce = Steam Box