Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

ahahahaha they only have 2300 viewers, what a goddamn failure

and 90% are only there to say "code?" in the chat all day lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

and 90% are only there to say "code?" in the chat all day lol

and there'd be a lot more people there to say "code?" if they'd actually tried to promote this poo poo correctly, how do WGA employees stay employed?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

Is the IRL Russian 76mm just as terrible as all the in-game Russian 76mms?

It's worse on the Matilda since it had -2 degrees of gun depression instead of -14 it has in the game.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
CODE

RUMBLENYC

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

CODE

RUMBLENYC

lol code expired while i was painting, woot woot 150 gold also rip Camador's team apparently

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

and there'd be a lot more people there to say "code?" if they'd actually tried to promote this poo poo correctly, how do WGA employees stay employed?

Solely because Americans have more expendable income than Russians and suffer greatly from Dunning-Kruger Syndrome because we live in the greatest country on earth, and never *ever* want to see evidence to the contrary because that's the truth and always will be. :patriot:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

Now that I've played Blitz about, like, ten hours or so, I gotta say I'm just... not feeling it. Like, don't get me wrong. The MM bands are better, no arty is great, I like some of the revised tank lines. But for some reason it just feels worse to play. Maybe it's how the game controls.

Yeah, it doesn't "feel" the same, and that's probably because it's WoT built on a different engine. It's as close as it can be to WoT while running on different platforms (iOS and Android, and mainly ARM architecture), and it just happens that they've now released it on Windows x86(-64) to boost the playerbase I guess. It looks primitive compared to, well, any native PC game.

The controls are definitely worse, although that's largely because they're touch controls adapted for mouse + keyboard, and in that respect it's remarkable how well they've adapted it. The main sticking points I found are the zoom, and remember when WoT needed a mod to allow you to hold LMB and fire the next shot when it was loaded? :rolleyes: Also, not being able to use mods in Blitz is a step back.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

http://wotreplays.com/site/3043160#steppes-turmoilx-su-100m1 this tank is loving awesome iv been putting off on buying it but finally did, that was a game with stock gun and tracks so no equips

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Clearly, I know what I'm doing

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
R 35 in German service

Queue: Medium Tank T1E1, T-55, Strv m/38 and m/39, Vickers E, Christie Combat Car T1/Convertible Medium Tank T3, Type 95

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car T4
Combat Car M1 NEW

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II
Medium Tank Mk.III
A1E1 Independent
Vickers Mk.E

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks

:poland:
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzIII Ausf. A
PzIII Ausf. B through D
PzIV Ausf. A through C

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Now that I have the top gun and the top tracks on the Type 4, allowing me to drop the torsion bars for a vert stab, the gun makes for a much more enjoyable experience, since you can run all premium rounds and break even on credits, even when your tank is destroyed. The sweet spot is somewhere around 2.5k damage dealt or something. So the ability to just roll with 282 pen rounds all match gives you some options in tier 10 matches.

But those loving sides, though, holy poo poo. They're literally broken. As in, game-mechanically broken.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

anyone got discord link

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Now that I have the top gun and the top tracks on the Type 4, allowing me to drop the torsion bars for a vert stab, the gun makes for a much more enjoyable experience, since you can run all premium rounds and break even on credits, even when your tank is destroyed. The sweet spot is somewhere around 2.5k damage dealt or something. So the ability to just roll with 282 pen rounds all match gives you some options in tier 10 matches.

But those loving sides, though, holy poo poo. They're literally broken. As in, game-mechanically broken.

Just turn your tank 90 degrees and broadside, if your opponents are anything like me they'll somehow fail to pen a straight on shot into your hull repeatedly.

This is also known as the T-54 Light effect.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Just turn your tank 90 degrees

now what

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

now what

left click enemy tanks

also known as the Hellsau method

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

thats a real pretty picture did you draw it yourself?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

thats a real pretty picture did you draw it yourself?

Did you win a Type 59?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Did you win a Type 59?

why do you ask that pff ill never win a type 59 ,i missed the first code on that event even

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

why do you ask that pff ill never win a type 59 ,i missed the first code on that event even

Jesus christ you watched the loving league broadcast without being bribed with a fancy pixel tank?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got in one code and missed all the others because they set a code redemption cap which ran out in a few hours.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Jesus christ you watched the loving league broadcast without being bribed with a fancy pixel tank?

no i played a video game all day and listened to it also i saw about 5mins of an EU wgl stream today they sure are many levels above NA

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I got in one code and missed all the others because they set a code redemption cap which ran out in a few hours.

Either the third or fourth code were gone in under and hour, which is kind of ridiculous.

Turmoilx posted:

no i played a video game all day and listened to it also i saw about 5mins of an EU wgl stream today they sure are many levels above NA

No you maniac, you can let the EUgoons know how much better they are than us measly NAgoons! They'll never let us live it down!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

EU goon? never heard of any i thought this was a NA only forum with maybe 2 EU spies

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

No you maniac, you can let the EUgoons know how much better they are than us measly NAgoons! They'll never let us live it down!

:getin:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tired World of Tanks Blitz when I saw it on steam, was like "Hey, this is kinda fun. I should reinstall WoT where all my tanks are".

Like three games in I realized why I stopped playing previously. Regular WoT is full of Arty platoons that make the game a completely unenjoyable roulette wheel of a slog. At least I was able to get called a jew-loving friend of the family in that short time. WoT. WoT never changes.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Zaodai posted:

Tired World of Tanks Blitz when I saw it on steam, was like "Hey, this is kinda fun. I should reinstall WoT where all my tanks are".

Like three games in I realized why I stopped playing previously. Regular WoT is full of Arty platoons that make the game a completely unenjoyable roulette wheel of a slog. At least I was able to get called a jew-loving friend of the family in that short time. WoT. WoT never changes.

i have had this experience too minus the part of steam and blitz, 99% of the time im playing uh i mean grinding up lines i dont want to the other 1% is playing something like a big arty or grille 15 where i cant effortlessly own some noobs..er.. unsuspecting players and feel a bit better about grinding terrible tanks

edit: and not having any other game to play thats as/more sadisticly addicting than this one

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I'm glad the notifications counter rolls over at 100, otherwise this would be depressing.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

anyone got discord link

https://discord.gg/BCBrB

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

thanks.

which of the tier 10 russian meds is the best?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

thanks.

which of the tier 10 russian meds is the best?

I got the T-62a. It's good, but I wish I got the 140.

But tier X sucks so probably just save your credits for equipment and stuff. The thread told me that, but I didn't believe it. I have 5 total games in the most recent tier X I bought around 4 months ago.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
T-22sr, but it has nothing to do with in-game performance.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

But tier X sucks so probably just save your credits for equipment and stuff. The thread told me that, but I didn't believe it. I have 5 total games in the most recent tier X I bought around 4 months ago.

i dislike being bottom tier and as a tier 8 that seems to happen most of the time

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I am slightly less bad than the average player and I kinda want to join a clan that is active in organized poo poo like strongholds for a while.

Are any EU goons in a chill and nice clan that wants me? Or, more realistically, are any goons in loving awful shitbird tryhard clans that will take me before I inevitably burn out on this game again?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

All the Russian meds have some extremely minor advantage that doesn't matter, but the Obj 430's minor DPM advantage is far outweighed by the worse accuracy decreasing it's applicable DPM. I like the Obj 140 for the extra degree of gun depression, but the 62a and 907 are both fine. If gun depression doesn't matter I guess I'd rather have the 907 for the slightly faster top speed over the 62a.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i dislike being bottom tier and as a tier 8 that seems to happen most of the time

Don't play tier 8s on the NA server outside of Strongholds, and especially never platoon tier 8s that aren't pref matchmaking.

actually let me fix my own post

quote:

Don't play tier 8s on the NA server outside of Strongholds, and especially never platoon tier 8s that aren't pref matchmaking.

wait let me do that better

quote:

Don't play tier 8s on the NA server outside of Strongholds, and especially never platoon tier 8s that aren't pref matchmaking. this game

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Geisladisk posted:

I am slightly less bad than the average player and I kinda want to join a clan that is active in organized poo poo like strongholds for a while.

Are any EU goons in a chill and nice clan that wants me? Or, more realistically, are any goons in loving awful shitbird tryhard clans that will take me before I inevitably burn out on this game again?

Just get in 2PAC, b*tch

We're a cool friendly competitive clan, I guess?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Creamed Cormp posted:

Just get in 2PAC, b*tch

We're a cool friendly competitive clan, I guess?

i would but i can't join the clan i'm already in

2PAC's entire active population is me, a bitter alcoholic eastern european man, and a unintelligible frenchman.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Geisladisk posted:

2PAC's entire active population is me, a bitter alcoholic eastern european man, and a unintelligible frenchman.

So it's you and WitchFetish?

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Heh, leF. :smugdog:

Check out the Team Score page. That Grille's only contribution of the match was to steal my Top Gun. Nice.

Also, only a 2nd class mastery badge apparently.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Geisladisk posted:

we have like five six retards on teamspeak right now

speaking of which though, would you agree that pizza is pretty much a grilled sandwhich when you think about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Geisladisk posted:

That's loving rude. I'm not that bitter.