Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I just want to say I genuinely appreciate your pure love for big cats

Thanks friend :kiddo: I appreciate you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Jesus christ so much poo poo happend while I was at work.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

drat, what happened at work?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Pick posted:

I know it could only be seasonal like the paranormal forum but if we could have an Andrew Lloyd Webber subforum for like ooooone week I think that would really give us a chance to appreciate the holidays in the spirit that jesus et al. intended

why do we need a subforum dedicated to a fictional character portrayed by comedy great Paul F Tompkins?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Wicked does suck, but it at least stopped Phantom of the Opera from being played 24/7.
my biggest grudge with wicked is it practically guarantees any other adaptations of the book are permanently scrapped since they wouldn't want brand confusion, and disney (I think they're the ones with the musical film options now) would pay good money to avoid it

also reefer madness or assassins if we're giving non gag answers for best musical

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You can't adapt Gregory Maguire's novel Wicked but you can go nuts adapting The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which is public domain. ALW's Wizard of Oz is based on the movie, so it did require rights, but it still ran fine post-Wicked.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

cumshitter posted:

I have a special hatred for Cats because my extremely manipulative grandmother tricked me into going to it.

She called up my mother and told her that my uncle, who was kind of a crazy loner who grew his own pot and once drew a gun on his mailman, thought it would be really nice if he took us to Cats for his birthday. Then she called up my uncle and told him that me and my mother really wanted to take him to Cats for his birthday

We got to the intermission and we were all standing there in a triangle telling each other how much we liked Cats, only to realize that we all hated it and had been tricked. And that we were all idiots for falling for my grandma's extremely stupid lie. Then we just went and got some food and laughed about all the weirdo Cats cast members running through the audience.

cumshitter posted:

Plato's cave is just you, bent over a table, watching the shadow of a cat loving an rear end and being so desensitized and unaware that you don't realize it's your rear end being hosed in the shadow.
this is an enthralling twist to your origin story

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Anne Whateley posted:

You can't adapt Gregory Maguire's novel Wicked but you can go nuts adapting The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which is public domain. ALW's Wizard of Oz is based on the movie, so it did require rights, but it still ran fine post-Wicked.
Copyright law's some hosed up poo poo

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

he wants to gently caress them

Pick posted:

I know it could only be seasonal like the paranormal forum but if we could have an Andrew Lloyd Webber subforum for like ooooone week I think that would really give us a chance to appreciate the holidays in the spirit that jesus et al. intended

this is a great idea, mods please make it happen

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

after the events of the last 24 hours, this thread derailing into a friendly chat about stage musicals would be where the fade happens in the eventual film adaptation of the forums

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

drat, what happened at work?

Fuckin' Gary is back on his bullshit again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Memory is the worst part of Cats. the best part of Cats is that people forget there's an orgy scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6R54dNLtVY

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rip to all the extremely bad posters that finally got banned

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Honestly, FYAD slowly distilling into an incredibly gross place of unironic bigotry feels like something we should've been able to see coming with the past 5+ years of reality as a preview.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

bradzilla posted:

rip to all the extremely bad posters that finally got banned

12/09/19

The SA December Massacre also FAUs autoban suicide. God drat

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Glenn Quebec posted:

12/09/19

The SA December Massacre also FAUs autoban suicide. God drat

It’s the second massacre in a month, there was that ATRDW ban wave in November for the pedo poo poo. The mods/admins are really cleaning house.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

cumshitter posted:

I have a special hatred for Cats because my extremely manipulative grandmother tricked me into going to it.

She called up my mother and told her that my uncle, who was kind of a crazy loner who grew his own pot and once drew a gun on his mailman, thought it would be really nice if he took us to Cats for his birthday. Then she called up my uncle and told him that me and my mother really wanted to take him to Cats for his birthday

We got to the intermission and we were all standing there in a triangle telling each other how much we liked Cats, only to realize that we all hated it and had been tricked. And that we were all idiots for falling for my grandma's extremely stupid lie. Then we just went and got some food and laughed about all the weirdo Cats cast members running through the audience.

I mean. It sounds like your grandma's plan to give your 'crazy loner uncle' a night out to bond with family. Worked?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

G-ma just sitting back , her age old plan working like gangbusters. Cat orgies making dumbass incel uncle and idiot incel grandson chill and be actual friends

Just livin it up wise grandma is the best

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FYAD may be closed but they're still white noise posting and gaslighting in QCS.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Lmao why is fyad closed? This is like when the public went against costumed heroes in the watchmen

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lmao why is fyad closed? This is like when the public went against costumed heroes in the watchmen

Ah yes, our noble heroes who fought against the evil...*reads posts*...trans folks?

Can't wait for Smythe to announce that aside from the bannings nothing is actually changing and FYAD gets reopened.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Glenn Quebec posted:

this is actually a pretty good analogy, since the titular Watchmen were Superincel, Regular Incel, Chud-Man, Conspiracy Chud-Man, and A Girl

well okay technically Nite Owl 1 probably hosed and I should be less rude to OG Silk Spectre etc but work with me here

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I've assumed it's closed while admins/mods figure out what to do with it and it's culture of pretending really, really hard that it's ironically racist and bigoted.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I remember them going to bat for trans folks back in the day, outing pedos in adtrw and outing shitbag mods

They hate trans people now? What the heck

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Their use of AGP to refer to trans people was all I really needed to know that it wasn't nearly as "ironic" as they wanted people to think. Using a homophobic, transphobic theory that is disdained by most of the trans community, but isn't as well known outside those circles and psychology circles is the most dogwhistle thing I can think of off-hand.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Their use of AGP to refer to trans people was all I really needed to know that it wasn't nearly as "ironic" as they wanted people to think. Using a homophobic, transphobic theory that is disdained by most of the trans community, but isn't as well known outside those circles and psychology circles is the most dogwhistle thing I can think of off-hand.

bingo

And as someone who underwent conversion therapy in the youth clinic accompanying the adult clinic run by the autogynephilia guy, none of it is helpful or therapeutic

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

What's AGP?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

autogynephilia, the idea is that trans ppl are fetishists who like to jack off to a female version of themselves to the point that they transition

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it's bullshit obviously but it makes trans people out to be sex obsessed men whose cocktail dresses will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when they can't find a rape victim in a women's toilet, so it's very useful for a certain kind of bigot who's obsessed with trans people

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Oh Jesus

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

autogynephilia, the idea is that trans ppl are fetishists who like to jack off to a female version of themselves to the point that they transition

That....doesn't seem likely? Is this like an olden day thing kind of like leeching or something?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

I remember them going to bat for trans folks back in the day, outing pedos in adtrw and outing shitbag mods

They hate trans people now? What the heck

Outing pedos, maybe, and even then it was like two, three posters tops.

Meanwhile you only have to look at QCS to see that the rest of the subforum are assholes who are fine with bigotry.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solice Kirsk posted:

That....doesn't seem likely? Is this like an olden day thing kind of like leeching or something?

uh i remember hearing about it like 20 years ago but it's probably older, 80s or 90s i think

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Tragically it's more modern than that, it's an idea that's been around since the early 90s.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

cumshitter posted:

The very last post in FYAD. I guess freezing it removed the pink. Dunno if it's the actual last post but lol.

so that's irony :stare:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Steadiman posted:

so that's irony :stare:

That's what the best and brightest of these forums can produce. How could we ever give that up?!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
FYAD is bad and shouldn't be brought back, imo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

While I appreciate all the going’s on lately, i noticed that several time mods mentioned that due to mod and admin work schedules and real life obligations things took time. Would it not be a good idea to remove them and instead use people without things that might get in the way of the site?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

We could also add more people to the admin/mod pool so admins and mods wouldn't feel like they had to volunteer 5+ hours of their day just to herd us idiots around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That runs into the earlier problem of "who is actually trustworthy with mod buttons?".

I'm sure as poo poo not volunteering, I don't like having responsibility and given the buttons there's one poster I likely wouldn't be able to resist slapping at least once.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Dec 10, 2019