Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sataere posted:

Football Absurdity

Ah! That beer sheet is amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Home of the world famous beer sheets!

Those have been amazing, and last year's substitutes were very helpful as well. Led me to some solid drafting!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/uSTADIUM/status/1772345459270406442?s=20

Maybe the Vikings will get Maye

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
That's crazy

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Watch the Commanders somehow get worse *AFTER* Snyder left.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every single thing anyone says about the draft right now is a lie lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Counter point it would be insanely funny

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Only thing I'm trying to determine is if it's funnier than the Bears taking Trubisky. Sadly, I think Trubisky still reigns supreme because of the trade up factor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

We are firmly in the "everybody pretty much knows what's gonna happen, make poo poo up" phase of the cycle from now until draft night, yeah.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Only thing I'm trying to determine is if it's funnier than the Bears taking Trubisky. Sadly, I think Trubisky still reigns supreme because of the trade up factor.

As a UNC hater, Trubisky and then Howell ruining the draft prospects of all future UNC quarterbacks would be deeply funny to me.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
mock drafts should be illegal

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think a lot of people felt like Trubisky was the best QB prospect at the time. McCarthy is rarely rated better than fourth.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There has to be close to zero people that watched college ball who thought Trubisky was a good prospect.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I was fixing to say I have a hard time seeing the Pats picking Daniels over Maye if Maye makes it to #3, but then I remembered the Pats have a new coach and GM, so who knows

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

There has to be close to zero people that watched college ball who thought Trubisky was a good prospect.

did you see his car tho

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/detroitonlion/status/1772359223520670190?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

mock drafts should be illegal

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

He was the consensus top quarterback by draft analysts that year. Kizer was number two. So maybe JJM should be taken there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/DanMillerFox2/status/1772367885706449316?t=8996TNvk7qw_n6hbXeZIDg&s=19

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Plot to "The Fugitive" remake

I just found this out. Does this mean that the police didn't reach out to the Lions at the beginning of March about the warrant? Wtf?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus he was in Detroit and he just peaced out? What is going on in his brain?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Comfortador posted:

I just found this out. Does this mean that the police didn't reach out to the Lions at the beginning of March about the warrant? Wtf?

Police are stupid? Whaaat

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Danny LaFever posted:

A homeless man told Virginia to draft JJ

Please, I want the city to burn to the ground

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

harbaugh hyping mccarthy in hopes a team drafting ahead of him will do so is some good stuff. can't see any of them doing it, but worth a shot.

this assumes chicago doesn't take him, which i just cannot possibly imagine.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The team just let him walk out? Alright.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean what can the Lions do, they are out of Jurisdiction. Even if they were weird enough to call the cops on him lol.

What are Detroit area cops gonna be able to do?

The only thing they can do was what they did tell him to get his lawyer and go turn himself in.

It's not like they went through the process yet of setting up extradition or whatever the warrant was just posted.

Like Jalen Carter got a warrant when he was in Indy, and he left to go turn himself in in Georgia.

Sutton just didn't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There are people in the replies acting like the Lions should've done more and yeah, that's loving insane, I don't want them doing anything more than what they did. Both because the idea of an employer getting more deeply involved in this kind of thing is kind of offensive to me and just for the safety of everyone involved.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions did all they could, gave him good advice and then didn't commit kidnapping by refusing to let him leave.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

There are people in the replies acting like the Lions should've done more and yeah, that's loving insane, I don't want them doing anything more than what they did. Both because the idea of an employer getting more deeply involved in this kind of thing is kind of offensive to me and just for the safety of everyone involved.

They fired him already, isn't that getting pretty deeply involved?

The point about extradition is good though, I didn't make the obvious connection that it was two different states. I can't imagine that is rare though, commit a crime then just flee to the state like and you're home free.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

SirPablo posted:

The team just let him walk out? Alright.

I saw this stupid poo poo on Twitter and I really want to know what the blue gently caress people are expecting the Lions to have done here?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SirPablo posted:

They fired him already, isn't that getting pretty deeply involved?

The point about extradition is good though, I didn't make the obvious connection that it was two different states. I can't imagine that is rare though, commit a crime then just flee to the state like and you're home free.

Firing him is something within their power to do as an employer. Detaining him is not their place and I think even calling the cops and telling them he left is a grey area.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jesus Darnell Savage got paid. That's almost as bad as the Jeudy contract.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Yeah they did everything they should have done, they're not going to citizens arrest the dumbass.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Firing him is something within their power to do as an employer. Detaining him is not their place and I think even calling the cops and telling them he left is a grey area.

Did they even do this?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I thought Michigan extradition to Florida had hit a wall after Florida started demanding illegal aliens could be extradited there for the crime of… being here illegally

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Detroit spending big on defense in free agency.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Detroit spending big on defense in free agency.

I want you to know I found this really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

SirPablo posted:

Did they even do this?

Fire him? Yeah, from what I’ve read.