Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"We are updating Raid rewards to make them more unique and interesting. They will now feature mods with Raid-specific perks, and we are adjusting the rewards to ensure a Raid item drops from each major encounter."

Am I reading this correctly that all our existing Raid Gear is obsolete and we need to reacquire it so that it'll have the pre-installed Mods?

I'm not necessarily complaining, mind you.

Or are they saying that Raid Mods themselves will be potential drops during the raid?

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"We are updating Raid rewards to make them more unique and interesting. They will now feature mods with Raid-specific perks, and we are adjusting the rewards to ensure a Raid item drops from each major encounter."

Am I reading this correctly that all our existing Raid Gear is obsolete and we need to reacquire it so that it'll have the pre-installed Mods?

No. When they updated the perks on exotics like Lucky Pants, every copy changed retroactively.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hiddenriverninja posted:

No. When they updated the perks on exotics like Lucky Pants, every copy changed retroactively.

They're updating mods for mod slot though, not inherent perks.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I got 10$ saying that Pinnacle is literally just gonna be a masterwork with 2 mod slots

This game is so starved for customization and tactical depth of any kind that even something as banal as two confusing and redundant mod spaces would be like a breath of fresh air

But maybe the mod rework will change this by having mods do something more interesting than "changes your agonizingly slow grenade recharge to be only achingly slow"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

NEED MORE MILK posted:

bruh low population makes matchmaking hard, this isn't rocket science. or at least I don't think it is, but maybe you're that stupid

bruh not everyone thinks the game begins and ends in crucible.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Just make a fuckin mod for guns that "headshot kills charge your grenade 30%" and it would basically be back to d1 days

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, if we're making new mods, can we bring back poo poo like Inverse Shadow and Grenadier and Army of One, maybe?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or are they saying that Raid Mods themselves will be potential drops during the raid?

Oh cool mods that get destroyed if replaced that will be useful in only a single encounter in the game that you play 1-3 times per week. fuckin baller

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think this means the armor upgrade slots will start looking a little more like they did in D1, with maybe the Raid perk where it was off to the right, like so:

I don't know what they'd doing with all this dead space in the armor perk screen otherwise:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

VJeff posted:

I give them a little credit for apparently de-emphasizing Eververse with upcoming updates, but I think that's just because who the gently caress knows if those are even gonna still be legal in a year.

Haha this is America they’re gunna be legal forever

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

This just reminded me. I need my warlock to look like a hive wizard again. Get on it bungie

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FishBulb posted:

Haha this is America they’re gunna be legal forever

I like to think getting banned in Europe would scare publishers off on them entirely.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Legs Benedict posted:

ok I’ll bite what would have made the update not lame

Others in here have weighed in on some stuff (4v4 still being around, the weapon system being "2 primaries and a heavy" still)

Some stuff that I haven't seen mentioned:

How about our class skill trees having more than 2 choices (outside of grenades/jumps/whatever)?

Secret Exotic quests coming back? Lost Sectors being more than an afterthought? Dead ghosts?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

... this ... will start looking ... more like ... D1, ... it was ... dead ... otherwise ...

next DLC title leaked

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VJeff posted:

I like to think getting banned in Europe would scare publishers off on them entirely.

Lol no they just hire expensive rear end attorneys to inform them how to bifurcate things with a minimally compliant EU policy while still going hog wild in the US

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So how bout that Prometheus lens fix

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

So how bout that Prometheus lens fix

[Vet voice] we already fixed it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh.

Mask of the Quiet One is devour for Titans.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

next DLC title leaked

Your name is now, "Handjob," congratulations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Coldforge posted:

Apparently bungie does.

6v6 is nice. adding pvp ranking is fine (maybe trying to bring streamers back and other people who give a poo poo about that stuff) but does nothing to make me want to play again because again the fact that there is gently caress all to do is not being addressed. I will say moving some of the customization out of the loving store to activity rewards is a nice change but again not one i give them credit for because it should never have worked that way in the loving beginning.

Ill come back for dlc 2 maybe depends on if Monster hunter is as good as it looks.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Coldforge posted:

people actually think this apparently

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Daeno posted:

How about our class skill trees having more than 2 choices (outside of grenades/jumps/whatever)?

You know ive never thought of this but even this poo poo got reduced to nothing. i mean yeah the customization in one was minimal but it was better than 0 or 1.

Btw to help settle an argument im having how many exotic weapons and armor were added in dlc 1 that werent rehashes of D1 gear? anyone know?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

Oh.

Mask of the Quiet One is devour for Titans.

albeit an extremely gimped devour

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Angry Walrus posted:

albeit an extremely gimped devour

If Shield Bash counts as an ability kill, I think it's probably more fun than eating a grenade.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

If Shield Bash counts as an ability kill, I think it's probably more fun than eating a grenade.

devour, once activated, procs on all kills and can be kept going indefinitely

Angry Walrus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 12, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol no they just hire expensive rear end attorneys to inform them how to bifurcate things with a minimally compliant EU policy while still going hog wild in the US
They'd just find a stupid workaround, like how Chinese overwatch sells in-game currency with a 'free' lootbox instead of selling lootboxes.

Also

the sandiest vagina posted:

When multi-emote launches, you will be able to choose which emote you have equipped to each of your four emote slots.
There was a brief flicker of life from my flaccid boner, but it was quickly extinguished by the timescale.

Its like your wife promising you a handy in six months, it's... That's not how excitement works, and it's not really enough after that kind of wait.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Its like your wife promising you a handy in six months, it's... That's not how excitement works, and it's not really enough after that kind of wait.

Don't kink shame

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
thanks for the insight into your r/deadbedroom story sorry your partner finds you repulsive

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Coldforge posted:

You clearly haven't been paying attention to bungie and their vision for this game

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Lol, so this is going to be a 40 GB patch all and all? They practically restored all of Destiny 1. I'm not complaining, these guys probably didn't have any time of during holidays, but gently caress, how did they get it so wrong for a second game? I dont' even know if I'm even interested anymore (assume yes, but)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

You clearly haven't been paying attention to bungie and their vision for this game

I mean the only optimistic thing I can see is that private matches might get more interest from MLG tournaments, since the gunplay is the one thing the game still has going for it. It might be enough to drag a little more life out of the game, but I doubt it.

Well, at least I got excited dance.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I’d be happy if they stopped hiding the damned stats so you know when a mod says “improves grenade charge time” what it really means is 0.5% increase.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol reading it again and

quote:

Fall 2018 (or sooner) Shaders and dismantling

lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean the only optimistic thing I can see is that private matches might get more interest from MLG tournaments, since the gunplay is the one thing the game still has going for it. It might be enough to drag a little more life out of the game, but I doubt it.

Well, at least I got excited dance.

Private matches will be cool. D1 had some fun tournament stuff toward the end. I even jumped into an American teams tournament on weekend. It adds something at least.

Ranked will be good too

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Private matches will be cool. D1 had some fun tournament stuff toward the end. I even jumped into an American teams tournament on weekend. It adds something at least.

Ranked will be good too

yeah this

but jfc why is Bungie talking about adding private matches 6 months out lmao what the everloving loving hell is wrong with them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
whoa I found a secret way to access these updates right now!!!! :siren:

put the D1 disc in instead of the D2 one

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ah, now it all makes sense. it takes a truly hosed up person to actually use discs in tyool 2018 (or even 2014)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

yeah this

but jfc why is Bungie talking about adding private matches 6 months out lmao what the everloving loving hell is wrong with them

because people have spent the last 6 months attacking them for not revealing what their plans are and not talking about future plans even if it’s a while out? Maybe that???

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

put the D1 disc in instead of the D2 one

They should have announced a small content update for D1 so people could have something good to play while D2 gets fixed

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

because people have spent the last 6 months attacking them for not revealing what their plans are and not talking about future plans even if it’s a while out? Maybe that???

these words make it seem like you think abgd will ever do anything but whinge relentlessly about *thing in d2*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

yeah this

They kinda outright said it:
"Hey, everyone. At the end of last year, I made a promise that I would update you on our plans for Destiny 2. The team has been hard at work and we’re ready to share where we are headed. We used to wait to talk about game updates until we were certain we could meet our deadlines to avoid letting players down if we changed our plans. No longer. We’re not just listening, we are doing. Please keep in mind that the further out we make promises, the more they are subject to change. With that caveat, here are our plans."