Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The best part of the cores is their initial sizes were too big to fit into a wormhole, where people had already built keepstars, because CCP doesn’t understand their own game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

ryanrs posted:

It seems like the cost is large enough to be seriously annoying (coming due all at once), but also too small to really change anything?

From what I can tell it's mean to be an ISK sink + means of reducing structure spam (likely mostly in hisec). The core always drops when you blow up a structure, so there will be a lot of wars declared and 15 dudes in torp bombers showing up to nuke your 1-man corp's athanor because gently caress you give me 700m. I don't own any structures though, so WTF do I know

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i am on a secret mission irl, how goes the war

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Slow and methodical.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

I didn't know that Rudy Giuliani played EVE

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Can cores be installed early or will GSOL be in a mad rush to install cores in everything the day of the update?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

Can cores be installed early or will GSOL be in a mad rush to install cores in everything the day of the update?

They can be but there's no point. If you install them then they'll drop if/when they explode, but you don't gain anything by installing them until January 20th or whenever.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

whydirt posted:

I didn't know that Rudy Giuliani played EVE

i'm actually super famous irl, thats why i only play eve sometimes cause im super busy loving loads of big titted blondes

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

i'm actually super famous irl, thats why i only play eve sometimes cause im super busy loving loads of big titted blondes

Globby's Niarja Bukkake Party, episodes 1-99

Feka
Jan 21, 2013

No soup for you!

Wibla posted:

It's basically a dipshit move by CCP to add yet another ISK sink, and give more rewards to whoever manages to blow up a structure and steal the core that always drops.

How is it a ISK sink, if it always drops? Long term there should be some cores in circulation / structure equilibrium (disregard the few that get lost in transit somewhere) and no more big Iskies being sunk.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Warmachine posted:

Slow and methodical.

Why does everyone forget "smart". :v:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Feka posted:

How is it a ISK sink, if it always drops? Long term there should be some cores in circulation / structure equilibrium (disregard the few that get lost in transit somewhere) and no more big Iskies being sunk.

The cores also sell to NPCs. Core drops -> aggressor doesn't need an extra core, sells it

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

It's still a net ISK sink until every single structure that had a core has been blown up, and they've all been sold back to NPCs :v:

But yeah I can see the argument.

From my perspective (as a structure owner), it's fairly straight forward...

Feka
Jan 21, 2013

No soup for you!

ASAPI posted:

The cores also sell to NPCs. Core drops -> aggressor doesn't need an extra core, sells it

Which un-sinks the ISK.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Feka posted:

Which un-sinks the ISK.

Only assuming the NPC buys it back for the full 30b. If the NPC buyback is 20b, there is a net loss of 10b; and if a player sells it to another player instead of the NPC for 25b, the net isk sunk out of the economy remains 30b.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

ZombieLenin posted:

Only assuming the NPC buys it back for the full 30b. If the NPC buyback is 20b, there is a net loss of 10b; and if a player sells it to another player instead of the NPC for 25b, the net isk sunk out of the economy remains 30b.

NPC buybacks are the exact same price as the NPC sell orders for citadel cores, just located in different stations. You can look up the market details already.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If NPC buyback was less than the sell price people would just trade the cores on the market and no one would use the buyback NPCs

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Jazzzzz posted:

NPC buybacks are the exact same price as the NPC sell orders for citadel cores, just located in different stations. You can look up the market details already.

Well that’s a dumb way for CCP to do that; though, they are probably counting on the fact that only a small portion of the cores will ever be sold back to the NPCs.

Someone needs to tell CCP how basic economics works, and even if it’s just 1b less than the sell orders, the buy orders should pay out less.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
You have to remember that the core of EVE and CCP's philosophy with the game has always been "Make this necessary and core game mechanic miserable and not fun to discourage doing it at all".

It's almost peak boomer because it seems everything is about bootstrapping yourself and doing it "the hard way" not realizing that it reinforces inequality everywhere.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

Someone needs to tell CCP how everything basic economics works, and even if it’s just 1b less than the sell orders, the buy orders should pay out less.

FTFY

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

Well that’s a dumb way for CCP to do that; though, they are probably counting on the fact that only a small portion of the cores will ever be sold back to the NPCs.

Someone needs to tell CCP how basic economics works, and even if it’s just 1b less than the sell orders, the buy orders should pay out less.

It's blue loot, but you get it from players.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CainFortea posted:

It's blue loot, but you get it from players.

The new ratting meta will be fragging structures.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Do the cores also always drop if you shoot the ship transporting it?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

The Claptain posted:

Hmmm. Core tank, new tank.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Hmmm. Core tank, new tank.

Cores should totally confer a reinforced timer on the freighter and force it to stop.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Stereotype posted:

Apparently we took all the drugs in the universe. Agency 'Overclocker' SB5 Dose II is sold out in 1DQ1 and the stock in both Amarr and Jita combined is less than what we've been using daily whoops lol

Apparently those are only available via the Concord LP store

edit: and I have no idea how that words since none of the concord corps have agents
edit2: oh you can only get them via incursions

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 19, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wow good thing I read this, I had a 'Pyrolancea' sitting around in some sort of support drop that I hadn't bothered redeeming

It has buy orders for 21 mill

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

The Claptain posted:

Probably not, because of things like nested containers.

(this is just a guess based on CCP's history of bad code)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's an isk sink (albeit an irrelevant one) because they can be destroyed

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

rocketrobot posted:

Apparently those are only available via the Concord LP store

edit: and I have no idea how that words since none of the concord corps have agents
edit2: oh you can only get them via incursions

I think you can convert other empire faction LP to Concord LP.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

raminasi posted:

I think you can convert other empire faction LP to Concord LP.

I believe it's only the other way around. I haven't tried though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I converted caldari navy lp to concord lp and bought jay stuff once I think

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Is incursion payout still concordokken lp?

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Warmachine posted:

Cores should totally confer a reinforced timer on the freighter and force it to stop.

You should have to play a 100x larger grid of hacking to put it in and while you are hacking for the 30 or so minutes you cant tether or warp, or tackle, or use modules

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

MaxPowers posted:

You should have to play a 100x larger grid of hacking to put it in and while you are hacking for the 30 or so minutes you cant tether or warp, or tackle, or use modules

Whoa, calm down there Satan.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MaxPowers posted:

And if you fail the core installation game, your ship is instantly locked by all ships on grid so they can blap you.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If you click on the core in your cargo while transporting it, CCP permanently locks you out of your computer making it part of the tranquility server botnet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

If you click on the core in your cargo while transporting it, CCP deletes your boot record

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
how do you lose a k/d war in a game with infinite respawn? how can you lose an isk war in a game with infinite money? don't mind me, just thinking out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

If you click on the core in your cargo while transporting it, CCP permanently locks you out of EVE.