Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Raenir Salazar posted:

"Join the Genshin discord!" But I'm at the max number of discords! :saddowns:

Those never matter, you just have to click the link and then you can immediately close the new tab.

also lmao at joining their discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

He's like Gaming in that plunging is part of his kit? Or just a lot of nuke damage?
He's weird. He's a charge attack mechanic bow character with a tighnari gimmick but it costs him 20 energy to use it. So you have to build a lot of ER on him then decide to use his CA or his burst. His burst actually looks decent if I'm interpreting it correctly and it turns him into yoimiya but the attacks scale on CA (so wanderers is his set in any case). So he's either electro tighnari or electro yoimiya and because the two modalities are built exactly the same you can choose to use either but not both (at C6 you get one 0 energy CA every 15 seconds).

Also his damage scales mostly on EM. Like clorinde he's probably an aggravate character. The upside is he'll be able to use fischl better than Tighnari does so I suspect his team will be Nahida, Fischl, Zhongli (big fischl patch).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 29, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the Prinzessin keeps on winnin'

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
The Prinzesswin

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, that's it for all my primos but C1R0 Arlecchino is nuttin' to gently caress with

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I feel like I'm constantly gaslightling myself or something. Last week I beat Arcc's boss fight without losing a single character, this week I failed it four times in a row. I keep going through the same thing with the whale boss too, without changing anything on my characters just die

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Tampa Bae posted:

I feel like I'm constantly gaslightling myself or something. Last week I beat Arcc's boss fight without losing a single character, this week I failed it four times in a row. I keep going through the same thing with the whale boss too, without changing anything on my characters just die

Use ZL to shield and Kokomi or Furina's healing mode to constantly heal, and use your other 2 characters to continuously chip away at Arle. One of the easiest new bosses I think.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

She's almost as annoying as the narwhal cause she has 2.8 million health between her two phases while also constantly flying around. I just ended up going hyperbloom cause I got tired of trying to hit her with other teams.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The fight feels odd to me because phase 2 has like half the life of phase 1. Phase 1 is a whole lot of HP though and is awfully mobile I can see it being trouble if you dont have neuvillette or a giga healer.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Arlecchino is bad against her weekly boss and domain, it just ain't right. At least I'm pretty sure she has pyro res in her boss form and well being covered in bond of life is not great for the fight unless you dodge better than I ever have in my life. :v: ..and then in their domain they put a bunch of geo shields including geo shielded mitachurls and that's just rude.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
She's got 70% pyro res, yeah. Definitely feels like a Neuvillette boss with how easily he deals with her.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I played this for like two and a half years continually until the latter half of the desert updates and got bored and quit.

How’s the state of the game since then? Worth returning?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

That depends on why you quit. Fontaine's character roster has been really fun with the only possible duds being Wriothsley (I never hear anyone talk about him) and Chiori (off field geo damage dealer who requires a con to use with the new geo dps Navia) If it's events/story, I think Fontaine has done a lot better than Sumeru for fending off the post archon quest doldrums, Chenyu Vale and the new area in 4.6 are very strong, both zone quest wise and just how they are to explore and experience. Fontaine's main zones are decent and the zone quests are very strong, but I personally rank them behind Sumeru because I think they feel very samey, but your mileage may vary.

If it's endgame well...that's still the same.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harvey Baldman posted:

I played this for like two and a half years continually until the latter half of the desert updates and got bored and quit.

How’s the state of the game since then? Worth returning?
Chenyu Vale good. Do Chenyu Vale (new liyue area). Fontaine underwater is good+novel too though I have had to farm far too many aberrants (according to leaks Chlorinde and Sigewinne BOTH use aberrant drops)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What did you like about the game? Exploring? The story? Trying out new characters?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

(according to leaks Chlorinde and Sigewinne BOTH use aberrant drops)

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccck

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
So many crabs must die

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
So who has combed the deserts they added? Are there piles of fun and sand out there? Over 90% of the desert areas are unexplored for me, what I have explored has been incidental while farming materials. There are a lot of puzzles and puzzly areas and buildings I have never felt the need to touch quite yet.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Koboje posted:

So who has combed the deserts they added? Are there piles of fun and sand out there? Over 90% of the desert areas are unexplored for me, what I have explored has been incidental while farming materials. There are a lot of puzzles and puzzly areas and buildings I have never felt the need to touch quite yet.

The desert is a mixed bag.

Negative: Like most of Sumeru, every single treasure chest is 1-2 tiers lower than it would be for the same amount of effort in any other nation. This is compounded by a) lots of forced element puzzles in an annoying variety of elements and b) every single new desert area piling on another crappy inventory tool that you will only ever use for that area, although towards the end they at least gave us the ability to equip more than one of those at a time.

Positive: Some really heady lore drops if you're into that, a really good chain of side quests about a desert native the Traveler makes friends with, and if you simply enjoy exploration for its own sake then making your way through the catacombs is a lot of fun. Also if you played back when Genshin didn't have in-game underground maps, good news, they finally added those!

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 30, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I love the first two deserts, but deserts and desolate frozen wastelands are my favorite video game environments to explore. The story quest as mentioned is incredible in both, top of the game. The feeling tomb diving is just awesome and some of the visuals it takes to you are just phenomenal. The third desert is not as fun as the previous, they tried to do a mix of desert and water, but it needed more water. As well the zone quest, to me, was just oh boy here comes more Aranara find and replace nonsense. There's certainly interesting lore in it, but I despise the Pari and it's that desert that makes me feel like Aranikin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Koboje posted:

Me. First desert (the big pyramids) is just good. I recommend everything there, you'll do a lot of it during the archon quest.

Second desert with the tornados and hole in the center I don't like outside of the big quest chain there that's a follow up to Golden Slumbers (a big quest chain in the first desert). This quest chain is truly unique in terms of plot and skipping it would be a shame.

Third desert up north is way less hostile than the other two and has a lot of unique mechanics.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 30, 2024

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Wriothesely is a fun punchy man but doesn’t stand out compared to all the characters released around him.

His quirk of being able to cross large stretches of water by punching it was immediately overshadowed by Furina.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The areas surrounding the new area they added to the old zones are disappointingly barren. Like I didn't expect them to focus on them all that much but there's like two haphazardly placed chests, one timed challenge and a whole load of nothing else.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The biggest issue with the desert is the first two zones had massive underground areas to explore and no maps. But that's since been fixed so... yeah they're fun. Do the main workd quests in each zone if nothing else, lots of lore and some characterization Genshin rarely does elsewhere to its detriment.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Hypostyle Desert is extremely Zelda, maybe more Zelda than Zelda games have been recently. That means they're less open world at times and require you to progress through a dungeon in a particular fashion, or acquire an unlock somewhere else before you can do something. While this does happen in other places (like the Aranara questline locking off several parts of Sumeru), it feels more obvious when it's a locked door with a symbol for a key you do not have than when it's a weird object you don't know how to interact with. For all you know in the latter case, you're looking at the exit to an area that's accessed from elsewhere; but knowing that this door can be unlocked, you just don't have the key to do it, perhaps amplifies frustration at times.

It's still a fantastic area, but if you came in expecting Breath of the Wild then the slight swerve into Ocarina of Time might throw you off.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the deserts unique puzzles are confusing and I have no idea how to do them and I'm not digging through like 300 tutorials to find the exact one it wants me to do

we need like a hot sheet for the area...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

They did make it so tutorials for the area you are in are at the top now, which is a great change.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Arlecchino boss is very fun, but there's 2 big caveats.

1. If you don't engage with the BoL mechanic, you might get oneshot. The multipler
2. You should probably be using the "charge attack after clearing BoL" mechanic

Other than that you can just treat it like a normal fight in some other normal arpg. I suppose this means that teams that can just fight normally without having to do a long setup will do better. Neuvillette blasts through it as always (tho you might want to use a shield even while trying to avoid attacks anyway). I personally used Tighnari/Miko to get the achievement, being able to fire off a quick shot between dodges while Miko deals steady damage feels pretty good. Navia is probably also solid for the same reason but I haven't tried her yet.

Teams that do steady damage should also be solid. Shinobu and Raiden hyperbloom with a hydro catalyst driver and Nahida would work. Miko/Fischl aggravate... maybe even Arlecchino herself if you use both a VV anemo and Zhongli shield. Chiori with Zhongli and filler + filler.

Honestly the best character to bring to the fight is Baizhu lol

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I've only run Arle's fight once, but there were two times in the fight where I went to switch characters and nothing happened. Does having cleared a bond and not used the charge atk "buff" lock you into that character until you hit Arle with it?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Also all the deserts own :colbert:

Only bad thing about them is that they released one after the other. But now you can go pyramids -> chenyu vale -> sandstorms -> petrichor -> pari town

Space Opera posted:

I've only run Arle's fight once, but there were two times in the fight where I went to switch characters and nothing happened. Does having cleared a bond and not used the charge atk "buff" lock you into that character until you hit Arle with it?

This has never happened to me? I'll test it out out later. Might have been new version bugginess

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

MoonCrab posted:

Honestly the best character to bring to the fight is Baizhu lol
He just can't keep getting away with this.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

MoonCrab posted:

Also all the deserts own :colbert:

Only bad thing about them is that they released one after the other. But now you can go pyramids -> chenyu vale -> sandstorms -> petrichor -> pari town

This has never happened to me? I'll test it out out later. Might have been new version bugginess

The 2nd time was at the very end of the fight, I had taken out Arle but still had a bond that wasn't cleared. Spent a minute trying to swap before I shoveled chickens into Nahida to clear it, and then the swap worked again.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This week I cleared the arl fight with my current friendship team of arl/layla/chiori/navia. Took like ~4min but wasn't that bad, all in all. Even got the achievement for clearing the BOL/interrupting via charge attack a certain number of times during the fight, making judicious use of arl's burst for all of my healing.

Next week I will likely just use hyperbloom or neuv to make it completely braindead, but I wasn't thinking before clicking through yesterday and starting the fight, heh.

Space Opera posted:

I did notice once or twice that when I was jammed right up next to her character model, it wasn't letting me switch characters, similar to when you're up against an overhanging rock or something and try to switch to a taller character. Maybe a hitbox interruption?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Frankly, I had more struggle with the vishap legendary in the new zone, although I did end up just deleting him with zhongli + dendro

I would like the arle fight more if the game's mechanics and control were more suited to a much faster combat, but without something like manual targeting it's just kind of annoying.

I think the fact that she often ends up in the air makes her far more annoying than the Raiden fight, who would be the closest in combat style

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The vishap is really really easy if you have Tighnari, he just annihilates him. But without it's quite annoying.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Meowywitch posted:

the deserts unique puzzles are confusing and I have no idea how to do them and I'm not digging through like 300 tutorials to find the exact one it wants me to do

we need like a hot sheet for the area...

Usually the interactive maps are good for that sort of thing, especially since it's old content.

Or you could just post a screenshot in the thread, we're all aware there are 325 puzzle mechanics and each one only gets one tutorial.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

In, i think, either the archon quest or possibly it was the original jeht and her father quest, where you're in the special domain where you learn what happened to the old sumeru gods. The puzzle had like three totems you rotate or something, and the riddle said something about looking to the sky or looking up? And I never figured out what the riddle/hint meant, i just figured the puzzle out almost immediately due to "gamer sense™" and to this day it bothers me that I don't know what that riddle actually meant, or what it meant as far as the puzzle goes.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What did you like about the game? Exploring? The story? Trying out new characters?

I dig most of that, though the desert story was absolutely not interesting me and I found I was just mashing through the dialogue after a point. Exploring specifically is the most fun part of it for me, I think.

I’m still unsure if I should pick it back up now or wait like another year until there’s more to really dive into.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

4.8 should have a lot of content exclusive to 4.8 if its like every other terminal patch so keep that in mind at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The Liyue perfume quest chains got me grinning.