Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Legendary outlaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Gripweed posted:

Bandai is doing a new line of Gundam action figures, the big gimmick being that they're 6 inches tall to fit with international action figure height standards

Here is the trailer for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kR98m-4Gjo

I'm guessing these are going to be like the dragon ball legends Super Dragon Stars?
These look quite cool, especially that Rx 78 but I was really hoping that these would be like a six inch line of some of the pilots and such. I'm still holding out hope for Figuarts Char to go into production.

CelticPredator posted:

got some grail figs.

Congrats on the score, that pale man looks so awesome, really hope I can find one out here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've seen a lot around my area. He shouldn't be too hard to find hopefully. But he is stunning. One of NECA's best.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I’d probably get him for the chair. Can never have enough chairs.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NECA is really stepping their game up, not bad.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The true test of quality for NECA is seeing if any of the joints snap because that poo poo happens too often with their figures.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

s.i.r.e. posted:

The true test of quality for NECA is seeing if any of the joints snap because that poo poo happens too often with their figures.

I actually saw a tweet NECA retweeted where the poster was mocking people for not knowing that they soak their figures in warm water or use a hairdryer on them first.

First, purchasers shouldn't HAVE to do that. And second, if they do, how about including that on some instructions?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sometimes that doesn't even work, I've had NECA joints so tight that I had to muscle them loose. There was also a period (Gears of War 3 line) where they had some grease on their joints out of the factory so they wouldn't break.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I feel NECA's joints have gotten better the last year. I've had plenty of their figures snap on me but the NECA TMNT figures were some of the first that felt like they finally put an effort to fix things.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

NECA has a "Target Ambassadorship" program, where you go in an straightened up their display. Take a picture and you're entered into a drawing for a prize!

The prize? A $20.00 Target gift card.

They could, you know, at least make it an amount that could cover the cost of one of their figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Davros1 posted:

NECA has a "Target Ambassadorship" program, where you go in an straightened up their display. Take a picture and you're entered into a drawing for a prize!

The prize? A $20.00 Target gift card.

They could, you know, at least make it an amount that could cover the cost of one of their figures.

Does going into the store and using the boxes to spell out EAT poo poo NECA count?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Does going into the store and using the boxes to spell out EAT poo poo NECA count?

Only if you take a picture!

Also, they only allow one "ambassador" (volunteer) per store.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 27, 2019

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Honestly now when I go to Target I want to go out of my way to gently caress up the NECA display since their "program" is the equivalent of an unpaid internship.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I just got shipping notice for my Super7 Filmation He-Man and Skeletor.

They arrived on Monday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I've never been to a Target with enough NECA figures to do this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Apply for a "Ambassadorship"! You might win $20!

I'd be tempted to do it, and with the giftcard, film myself buying Funko stuff and post it to NECA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I thought the same until I learned they now stage the "collectibles" over in the media section and not the toy aisles.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The mix NECA uses for their plastic is super brittle. I guess that's to maintain the mold, since their designs are so intricate, but yeah...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If anyone has been watching for it, it looks like the Captain Marvel Target exclusive is officially showing up in stores and shippable now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The joints on the pale man are a little stiff, mostly in the midsection. Arms are great though. Honestly with NECA, just don’t start pushing joints when you get them. Move them slowly and if there’s any resistance water treat it.

It’s a 30 dollar toy. If anything is allowed to be flawed it’s that. If I had to water treat every hot toys then I’d have a problem.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't care what the price point, I shouldn't have to prime my figure's joints in the case of breakage. It's also not even the joints having to be "broken in," I've had figures without any joint problems take accidental dives off shelves onto carpet and had hip joints just snap because that plastic is such garbage.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If any Americans go into a Target and see the 4 NECA TMNT 2-packs, I will pay you the price plus shipping plus a little extra for your work. :(

I have a stop in Pembina, North Dakota I can get em from so you don't have to pay international shipping. I believe they are out there right now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

NECA uses low grade plastics to offset the cost of all the deco hits their toys get.

The plastic is also prone deterioration, so if you store you NECAs, be super careful when taking them back out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't care what the price point, I shouldn't have to prime my figure's joints in the case of breakage. It's also not even the joints having to be "broken in," I've had figures without any joint problems take accidental dives off shelves onto carpet and had hip joints just snap because that plastic is such garbage.

Life sucks and you have to accept it dawg

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

If any Americans go into a Target and see the 4 NECA TMNT 2-packs, I will pay you the price plus shipping plus a little extra for your work. :(

I have a stop in Pembina, North Dakota I can get em from so you don't have to pay international shipping. I believe they are out there right now.

Can’t you just buy them from Target.com and ship them there?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

Life sucks and you have to accept it dawg

No I don't, I stopped buying NECA for right now because of it, Mr. Robot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think you’re putting too much expectations for toys. But you do you I guess. Just seems a bit stressful.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, who'd expect something they spent good money on to function properly without easily breaking? I don't have to break in my LEGO, ThreeA/Zero figures, my Hot Toys or my Transformers. NECAs poo poo breaking is their biggest trademark and it's ridiculous and unacceptable that it hasn't been fixed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pretty much every low end collectible has the same issues. Paint gets in the joints and things stick. It’s so sporadic. They make thousands of these things. Some of them are going to be bad.

I really just don’t have that much standards for things because mistakes happen. As long as it looks fine on a shelf I’m good with it

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Can’t you just buy them from Target.com and ship them there?

The NECA stuff isn’t stocked by Target so it’s not trackable or available online.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I think you’re putting too much expectations for toys. But you do you I guess. Just seems a bit stressful.

I imagine it's way less stressful to simply not buy something than to worry that it's going to break in half the first time you pose it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Folks they're toys, buy them and do what you want with them. Put them on your shelf, stick them up your butt, keep them in package.. whatever floats your boat, whatever gets you off.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, the NECA crappiness with the plastic has made me not want these 4 unopened movie turtles. Might take them to eBay.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, the NECA crappiness with the plastic has made me not want these 4 unopened movie turtles. Might take them to eBay.

The plastic on the turtles is better than what NECA's done in the past. I've had a ton of NECA figures break on me so I treat them like glass but the turtles are surprisingly solid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just be careful when moving the joints. If there’s any resistance then throw it in some hot water and it’ll all be good.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

The plastic on the turtles is better than what NECA's done in the past. I've had a ton of NECA figures break on me so I treat them like glass but the turtles are surprisingly solid.

I can confirm, the turtles are made of better plastic than any other NECA stuff I have, and they're generally better engineered too, and they don't feel fragile at all.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CelticPredator posted:

Legendary outlaw.

Love those last two. Reminds me of the first time you see Starlord in the first movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got Mystique last night and picked up a few for some goons on the Dischord. One of them didn't want the lilandra head, so before I throw it on ebay (where some people are paying ten dollars for there), I want to see if I can trade it for some BAF parts I am missing. These are the pieces I have for Kingpin and Sentry, you can see what I am missing on them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I need to track down Mystique, haven't had a chance due to snow.

Speaking of Kingpin, since Xavier comes with the Shadow King head, I now HAVE to get all the pieces. Anybody have any Kingpin BAF pieces they want to sell me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1101270500494458886?s=19