Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You basically just decide on how big you want your stations to be, and then pick a number of engines to have on the front so that your trains aren't unreasonably slow. Two-car trains are a nice and compact default, four-car trains can be good later on for stuff needed in large quantities, anything bigger than that is purely megabase territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oh god centrifuging Uranium makes stone and iron ore too?!?!?! WHYYYYYY

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Arcturas posted:

Oh god centrifuging Uranium makes stone and iron ore too?!?!?! WHYYYYYY

That's actually a huge boon. You need iron plates to make fuel uranium fuel cells and you'll get just enough iron through on site smelting.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That's actually a huge boon. You need iron plates to make fuel uranium fuel cells and you'll get just enough iron through on site smelting.

That makes too much sense...

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Arcturas posted:

My question is - how do you guys decide on a standard train length? Last game I ran 1 engine and 3 cars on all my trains, which seemed fine? But I am vaguely aware people do 1-4? And some do 1-3-1? I very much want to do one-way tracks so I don't see a big advantage to 1-3-1.

I always use exclusively 1-4. It's big enough to move most items in bulk and small enough to be workable for most things that are in smaller quantities. The acceleration on 1-2 is definitely nice, but the congestion it can create on bigger networks can be annoying, and it just doesn't carry very much. Bigger than 1-4 isn't really needed until you're moving massive quantities, but more importantly for me, it makes intersections way harder. Once you get past 6 or 7 train lengths it becomes very easy for your trains to take up multiple segments in standard intersection layouts, and you have to be extremely careful in how you lay out all your intersections to avoid deadlocks.

Definitely don't do two-way trains, that's babby's first train territory and there is no reason at all to use it once you've grasped the basics of signaling. You can do locos on both ends both facing the same way, some people do that on larger trains (like longer than 8 cars). But that's mostly just for aesthetics and logistics of really huge load/unload stations.

If you're feeling adventurous you can make different train sizes based on use, but IMO that just creates a hassle in designing a bunch of different stations, and making sure you have good naming schemes to make sure nothing ends up in the wrong place.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

uPen posted:

The bigger issue is there isn't a 'gently caress the errors, place as much of the blueprint as you can' button so you need to pave the whole planet if you're placing large blueprints.

I haven't tried using it yet myself, but they just added this in a few days ago if I read the patch notes correctly.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Taffer posted:

Definitely don't do two-way trains, that's babby's first train territory and there is no reason at all to use it once you've grasped the basics of signaling. You can do locos on both ends both facing the same way, some people do that on larger trains (like longer than 8 cars). But that's mostly just for aesthetics and logistics of really huge load/unload stations.

One reason to do this is if, say, you started out with 1-2 trains, but you've decided you want to upgrade your main ore shipment to be using 2-4 trains. By making the new train 1-4-1 (with both locos facing the same way), you can have your unloading station for the new big trains also be able to handle the smaller trains without mucking anything up, so you don't have to go around upgrading every single mining outpost to the new train size.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm just trying to make blueprints for my wall segments so I can easily and quickly stamp out new sections without needing to use any brain energy. For the life of me, I can't get it to work. I'll spend ages aligning the x & y of the different wall segments, but as soon as I go to stamp it down somewhere else, it's all misaligned again.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I bought the game a few days ago. After an initial spaghetti system where every single item was on the same belt, I switched to a "main bus without enough room to expand it" design. Coal, stone and iron were all in the middle of a very dense forest so I "hid" inside the forest. But I couldn't be arsed to log enough wood away so no room to build.

I guess I could move outside the forest and expand the bus then. It probably doesn't hurt to leave the initial base functioning inside the forest, and expand it with a "bigger and better" base. I ran out of iron so I had to bulild a car and drive around to find more. I made a railroad to the iron deposit and hauled the ore to my base. Then I made ammo belts going to and away from the iron deposit base so I don't need to worry about running out of ammo there... very wise, yes, to have 2 belts next to a railroad which is moving ore. Why not just move the ore with belts without a train? Anyways...

I managed to put up 10 labs of green, red and gray science each. Now I realize I need oil for red cards and blue science and I don't have oil. Time for a car trip again.

I also made a production area where machines produces stuff like belts, splitters, ug belts, arms, smelters, miners, turrets, pipes etc. and deposits them to a box. Then I can just go and shop some ready made products.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 27, 2022

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
The first play through is magical. Just wait until you unlock logistic robots, then you can have flying spaghetti as well!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ihmemies posted:

I bought the game a few days ago. After an initial spaghetti system where every single item was on the same belt, I switched to a "main bus without enough room to expand it" design. Coal, stone and iron were all in the middle of a very dense forest so I "hid" inside the forest. But I couldn't be arsed to log enough wood away so no room to build.

I guess I could move outside the forest and expand the bus then. It probably doesn't hurt to leave the initial base functioning inside the forest, and expand it with a "bigger and better" base. I ran out of iron so I had to bulild a car and drive around to find more. I made a railroad to the iron deposit and hauled the ore to my base. Then I made ammo belts going to and away from the iron deposit base so I don't need to worry about running out of ammo there... very wise, yes, to have 2 belts next to a railroad which is moving ore. Why not just move the ore with belts without a train? Anyways...

I managed to put up 10 labs of green, red and gray science each. Now I realize I need oil for red cards and blue science and I don't have oil. Time for a car trip again.

I also made a production area where machines produces stuff like belts, splitters, ug belts, arms, smelters, miners, turrets, pipes etc. and deposits them to a box. Then I can just go and shop some ready made products.

The best way to delete forests early on is with grenades, btw. They're inexpensive enough.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
trying to do this after you've already in-built into the forest might be less advisable though

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Qubee posted:

I'm just trying to make blueprints for my wall segments so I can easily and quickly stamp out new sections without needing to use any brain energy. For the life of me, I can't get it to work. I'll spend ages aligning the x & y of the different wall segments, but as soon as I go to stamp it down somewhere else, it's all misaligned again.

Because your grids aren't aligned. 8x8 doesn't align with 8x18, and I'm pretty sure that's the issue. I haven't played Factorio in a while so I don't remember exactly how to deal with this, but start mousing over those little blue i and start messing around and you'll figure out how to make it work right.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Jabor posted:

trying to do this after you've already in-built into the forest might be less advisable though

Yeah. I tried to remove a cliff with grenades but it instead wiped out that part of the factory. Seems there is a specific explosive for removing cliffs.. and it needs oil.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Qubee posted:

Your grid position is absolute, not relative. That wouldn't be an issue but those 2 blueprints are of different sizes that don't match each other (8 doesn't got into 18 evenly). Either change to relative positioning, or change the grid sizing so both blueprints match.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 27, 2022

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Are the creeps in Krastorio 2 toned down compared to the normal game? I've just started launching rockets and I still can hold off all enemies with some randomly placed gun turrets along the edge of my base.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Jabor posted:

One reason to do this is if, say, you started out with 1-2 trains, but you've decided you want to upgrade your main ore shipment to be using 2-4 trains. By making the new train 1-4-1 (with both locos facing the same way), you can have your unloading station for the new big trains also be able to handle the smaller trains without mucking anything up, so you don't have to go around upgrading every single mining outpost to the new train size.

I do this too, starting with 1-4 going to 1-8-1 and later on I can go to 1-8-2-8-1 if I want really big trains. Spacing out the cargo wagons with locos in the middle also helps with belt spacing since generally your factories are going to be wider than your train is long anyway. I really want to do a base with absolutely massive trains at some point, on the order of 32 or 64 cargo wagons per train, but I haven't ever had reason to build that large. Even the biggest patches on a default settings railworld can barely support 16 wagons after you get to mining prod 50 or so, and this gets worse if you do on-site smelting (since plates stack twice as high as ores).

Taffer posted:

Two-way trains are generally better for very late game unload stations since you don't need to have an output rail and can therefore cram stations closer together, but this is entirely a postgame/megabase thing and no one should worry about it until you've launched like 50 rockets in a game.

----

Recently, I've been working on a Nilaus-style military hub blueprint. The map I'm on is still in early blue science stage so I don't have all the recipes unlocked, but here's the general plan I have so far:

The LDS factory has an additional plastic belt that feeds only that machine. Might also use it for cannon shells later on. Other things that aren't currently included but probably should be:
-Flamethrower ammo (would need a crude oil pipe, but who buses crude oil?)
-Engines feeding into cars, tanks, and flamethrower turrets
-Capsules (just coal and steel, easy enough to add, just need to find a place for it)
-Cannon shells (the Plastic Problem)
-Cliff explosives (not really needed but we've got grenades and explosives made on-site already, so it's convenient)
-Some other power armor modules that I can make with what I already have (personal laser defense, nightvision)
-Anything that needs lube (higher tier power armors, exoskeletons)
-Anything with uranium

That last one is a pretty big issue since you'd need it both early on (for uranium bullets, so it would need to enter somewhere near the start) and later on (for cannon shells). I suppose I could turn the plastic belt into half uranium half plastic. This also doesn't include nukes, so I'd also need U-235 or just bring in uranium ore and have on-site kovarex? All of that gets really messy, and in total you're now looking at twelve or thirteen different input items: iron, copper, steel, coal, sulfur, plastic, green chip, red chip, water, crude oil, lube, uranium (either ore or 235+238). Which starts to look unmanageable in terms of the belt and pipe inputs needed. And there's no stone so no walls/gates either. tldr: Military stuff needs a lot of different input items.

I'm probably not going to add most of that extra stuff, since a lot of it involves an entire extra input line for one product (FT ammo) or an entire production chain that doesn't fit in with the rest of the items produced (e.g. electric engines). I think a lot of this would actually fit in well with another hub, which does produce electric engines and everything that's behind them (so all the power armor/exoskeleton stuff as well as construction/logistics bots) and other related items that don't fit in well with the main military hub.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Space Exploration mod is pretty neat.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Seablock update: I've unlocked pink and purple science, built about 1k mk III bots, and gotten rubber going so I can make mark 3 roboports for creating a bot manufacturing area then decommissioning my old manufacturing spaces.

Then I guess it will be modules which I really think I want before chrome & platinum which require the completely separate ferric and cupric ore production chains. Those metals are necessary for black circuits and yellow science. Once I can eke out a tiny bit of that I guess it will be targeted techs and moving to some sort of train based production then scaling up massively for the endgame.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A ways back I was chatting about some game settings where resources patches were more common, but less dense to try and make a twist on railworld where you had to constantly be building new mining operations to keep the factory going. I more or less did it, the early/mid game had some phases where it felt like I was going to run out of something before I was ready to expand. I never actually did but it felt like I was going to.

I did some failed plays with Rampant AI and I definitely ran out of resources in that case, the biters were easily able to overwhelm my ability to keep defenses running. I could have probably solved that with some settings adjustments but I went back to stock biters because I didn't feel like doing several more iterations.

I think in general I could have made the ore patches a couple ticks less common. This might require more seed cheesing for mid game, but by the time I was a few rounds into infinite tech I had way more resources available than I needed. If I were to go into megabase it would change the story but I rarely stick with a game that long. Usually it's the grind of clearing out biters that cause me to stop playing, they can't beat my defenses and there's no reason to expand infinitely so I just kinda stop playing.

I exported the map to a google maps interface which is always fun to poke around on: https://xzzy.org/factorio/

I also decided to not build nuclear power this time, no particular reason I'd just never done 100% solar before.

This is no mods other than Big Brother, because I can't stand how base game radar works. Oh and Smart Artillery Wagons.

Fear my big dumb bus. It got torn up and rebuilt at least four times as I outsourced various products, like greens and red chips used to be built at the north edge there. My first oil operation used to be where the SW train depot is as well.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I made grenades and cleared trees from an oil field. Now I have a refinery running and I'm making red chips and blue science.

I too have a bus, small and dumb. It is very cramped.

While doing that I forgot I'm basically out of coal. Time to hope the brownouts won't be too bad and get some more!

I made a train to iron deposit, and it feels a bit useless. I could have made a belt as well. Why do people use trains instead or belts, what is the advantage? How far away the deposits must really be for trains? How do you arrange defense in train outposts so they don't run out of ammo, with lasers?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Belts get real "expensive" per tile, not in a way to stop you from using them just in a way that becomes very noticable when you actually stop and think.

Trains meanwhile move an absolute ton of materials faster and way way cheaper. The only real downside of trains over belts is their size. And the world is infinitely big.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Ihmemies posted:

I made a train to iron deposit, and it feels a bit useless. I could have made a belt as well. Why do people use trains instead or belts, what is the advantage? How far away the deposits must really be for trains? How do you arrange defense in train outposts so they don't run out of ammo, with lasers?

The main benefit is cost. Train tracks take less resources than an equivalent length of yellow belts would. On top of that, they're way more efficient: you can easily reuse the same track for multiple resources, and increasing your throughput and capacity is much cheaper in a train network than it is in a belt network.

The difference starts small, but as your train network grows and as the amount of resources shipped using it grows, the savings can become huge.

If you find a coal deposit near the iron deposit, you can reuse most of the train tracks you've already built - you just need to build a new station and a new train. On the other hand, if you were using belts, you'd need to lay down a whole separate belt all the way from the coal deposit to your base. That adds up, especially as you take more and more resources from farther and farther away.

Similarly, if you want to increase the amount of iron being carried from the iron deposit to your main base, with trains you just have to scale up your station and add more locomotives or wagons; you barely have to touch the tracks themselves. On the other hand, if you were using belts, you'd need to upgrade or double up the entire length of belt, all the way from the deposit to your base. Once again, that adds up, especially over longer distances.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

It feels like I use more time to tinker with stuff and the factory churns out thousands of belts while I fiddle with some other part of the factory.

I'll make a new better train station to the western side of the factory then. I'll haul the coal and iron there with trains. I suppose I'll find out eventually the limits of belts.

For example I researched all the available red-green-gray tech because I didn't have time to build the blue tech manufacturing :v: It will probably take a lot of time to get more efficient at building things.

Annoyingly I see people selecting and copy pasting stuff in their youtube videos, but I can't seem to do it myself. So I have to design and plan everything again and again, so all the buildings come out somewhat different because of that. Everything is fully custom instead of standardized.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Ctrl+C copies, Ctrl+V pastes ghosts. You can use the ghosts as a guide until you get the tech to have bots fill the ghosts for you.

I'm really tempted to try a train "bus" now.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Solumin posted:

Ctrl+C copies, Ctrl+V pastes ghosts. You can use the ghosts as a guide until you get the tech to have bots fill the ghosts for you.

I'm really tempted to try a train "bus" now.

It works really well, though it's only a real consideration once you're past the first rocket and looking for large-scale production.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

If it's literally his first game, he might not have blueprints etc yet. The buttons get added the first time you unlock robots and then stay unlocked from the start in future games.

There's a console command to unlock them before that (does not disable achievements):
/unlock-shortcut-bar

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Tamba posted:

If it's literally his first game, he might not have blueprints etc yet. The buttons get added the first time you unlock robots and then stay unlocked from the start in future games.

There's a console command to unlock them before that (does not disable achievements):
/unlock-shortcut-bar

Well that explains things, yes it is my first game after tutorial. I assumed people were using mods and life sucks without mods. I mean all the videos I've seen have a bar like this:

While I have ONE button there, the yellow one. I assume I can research robots soonish after I unfuck my fossile fuel situation. I have some uranium too and the tech available, but I need to keep on using fossile fuels for a while.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tamba posted:

/unlock-shortcut-bar

:psyduck: I had absolutely no idea that's a thing.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

FYI, there's space to slap down a couple of more miners and most important one of your miners isn't working because there's no belt in front of it.
Please keep posting base pictures and telling us about your experience. You only ever get to play this game for the first time once and people here love hearing about how new players solve challenges.

As for defending outposts, lasers are easy but if you can use a train to take items from an outpost to your base you can do the opposite too.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Yeah, maybe I should just run the ammo belt to a train and load some ammo to a train. But how can I know how much the outpost needs? If it hasn't used any, it probably won't need more. Maybe some kind of automation wizardy can keep a few hundred ammo loaded to a train, and it unloads ammo to a limited chest in outpost if there is room? Then it won't load more ammo to be transported to outpost if the outpost doesn't unload any ammo from the train...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Do you have filter inserters? You can reserve a few stacks in your ore train (middle mouse button) for ammo, and have a filter inserter only pull out ammo at the outpost. If the outpost already has however much you limited the box too (red X in any container) then the ammo will just stay on the train.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

Yeah, maybe I should just run the ammo belt to a train and load some ammo to a train. But how can I know how much the outpost needs? If it hasn't used any, it probably won't need more. Maybe some kind of automation wizardy can keep a few hundred ammo loaded to a train, and it unloads ammo to a limited chest in outpost if there is room? Then it won't load more ammo to be transported to outpost if the outpost doesn't unload any ammo from the train...

Yes, you can limit how much stuff will be inserted into chests by pressing the X button on the chest's inventory screen. That way you can put a set number of stacks of ammo into the chest, then have an inserter unload that onto a belt that feeds the turrets. The system will self regulate once the belt fills up (and it's super unlikely to use all that ammo before the next time the train arrives). Then you give the train a rule to head back home after some amount of inactivity, once nothing is being unloaded it'll head home.

Once that's set up you can start using circuits to disable the train station when the chest has above a certain amount of ammo, and the delivery train will chill out at home until it's needed.

Train cars also have a feature to specifically limit certain item types into a slot, you set that by middle clicking the inventory space. Less useful if all you're doing is hauling ammo, but it's good to keep in mind for more complicated setups in the future.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

Once that's set up you can start using circuits to disable the train station when the chest has above a certain amount of ammo, and the delivery train will chill out at home until it's needed.

You shouldn't completely disable train stations anymore. Set the train limit to 0 instead.
If a train is on its way and all stations in its schedule are disabled, it will just stop wherever it is currently (usually in the middle of the busiest intersection in your train network :argh:).
If you set the train limit to 0 instead, the train will continue to its previous destination and wait there instead, which shouldn't cause any problems.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

xzzy posted:

A ways back I was chatting about some game settings where resources patches were more common, but less dense to try and make a twist on railworld where you had to constantly be building new mining operations to keep the factory going. I more or less did it, the early/mid game had some phases where it felt like I was going to run out of something before I was ready to expand. I never actually did but it felt like I was going to.

I did some failed plays with Rampant AI and I definitely ran out of resources in that case, the biters were easily able to overwhelm my ability to keep defenses running. I could have probably solved that with some settings adjustments but I went back to stock biters because I didn't feel like doing several more iterations.

I think in general I could have made the ore patches a couple ticks less common. This might require more seed cheesing for mid game, but by the time I was a few rounds into infinite tech I had way more resources available than I needed. If I were to go into megabase it would change the story but I rarely stick with a game that long. Usually it's the grind of clearing out biters that cause me to stop playing, they can't beat my defenses and there's no reason to expand infinitely so I just kinda stop playing.

I exported the map to a google maps interface which is always fun to poke around on: https://xzzy.org/factorio/

I also decided to not build nuclear power this time, no particular reason I'd just never done 100% solar before.

This is no mods other than Big Brother, because I can't stand how base game radar works. Oh and Smart Artillery Wagons.

Fear my big dumb bus. It got torn up and rebuilt at least four times as I outsourced various products, like greens and red chips used to be built at the north edge there. My first oil operation used to be where the SW train depot is as well.

If you want a "fun" challenge you can try running this command, which sets the richness of all ores extremely low, lower than the new game interface will let you go. Probably want to combine it with map settings that have larger/more frequent patches.

code:
/c local s,l=game.surfaces.nauvis,{"coal","copper-ore","iron-ore","stone","uranium-ore"} 
local m=s.map_gen_settings 
for _,r in pairs(l) do 
    m.autoplace_controls[r].richness=.01
end 
s.map_gen_settings=m 
for _,e in pairs(s.find_entities_filtered{name=l}) do 
    e.destroy() 
end 
s.regenerate_entity(l)
Change line 4 to tweak how poor the ores are (.01 = 1% on the slider, and I think the lowest the slider can go is 25%?). You run this after you've loaded in the game for the first time. I don't think this overrides the default "nodes farther from spawn are bigger and richer" behavior, but instead of going from 1000 to 5000 per tile it'll go from 10 to 50.

Combine with deathworld for extreme levels of !!fun!!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

xzzy posted:

Train cars also have a feature to specifically limit certain item types into a slot, you set that by middle clicking the inventory space. Less useful if all you're doing is hauling ammo, but it's good to keep in mind for more complicated setups in the future.

Thanks, I can reserve a slot or two for ammo only then. And the train will get some ammo if the ammo slots are free. Then at the outpost the system unloads ammo if there's room in a chest. 1-2 slots from a train for ammo is no big deal. I could probably just use lasers too, but they are sooo boring..

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tamba posted:

You shouldn't completely disable train stations anymore. Set the train limit to 0 instead.

Sorry yeah, I don't even think of disabling stations as in full on disabling them. It's just setting train limits to 0 but in my head I use the old language. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Xerol posted:

If you want a "fun" challenge you can try running this command, which sets the richness of all ores extremely low, lower than the new game interface will let you go. Probably want to combine it with map settings that have larger/more frequent patches.

Thanks, copying that into a text file for future use, though I feel like I got pretty close to where I wanted it with in-game settings. The only thing that killed the game for me was the same thing that ends all my factorio playthroughs: when there's nothing left but increasing SPM and clearing biters with artillery the game kind of peters out.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Maybe the expansion will fix it. They promised it has roughly equal amounts of content as the base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

For ore distribution I should plug my own mod that among other things lets you severely reduce ore patch frequency, way more than you can manage with the base game UI (you can also increase it so you're swimming in ores but that has horrible effects on worldgen CPU use). It also tries to make lower-tier ores more common than advanced ones but that's more of a thing if you're using e.g. Bob's ores. There's screenshots showing the differences.

Note that I don't actively maintain it unless I'm playing the game or somebody tells me stuff broke so its integrations with other mods might have issues, but if you're just using it with vanilla it should be fine.