Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

We get the charge meter, we're attacking at 100%. Oddly enough, the Spiky Tiger got his poo poo wrecked (and I mean, fuckin' bad), and I think the Boy is only level 9. I played the game a lot when I was younger and revisiting now, I don't really remember a ton from it. It's one of those things where maybe I'm misremembering how the game actually works and I'm thinking about it too much. We've upgraded our gear to the best stuff we can, reforged weapons as we could; I'm probably remembering how magic makes things a breeze and there's just that odd spot in the beginning where you don't have access to any spells.

Grind up magic levels, just get into a combat situation, unload all your mp, rest at an inn, repeat until everything is at maximum. When you level everything up to 8:99 you get some really cool animations too so that's another motivator. You need these:
Girl: Undine (healing, cure), Luna (hp steal weapon magic, damage boosters), Lumina (for her only good attack spell)
Sprite: Undine (drain health), Luna (drain mana, very useful), Salamando (good all purpose attack magic), Shade (dispel magic, essential for one boss fight, gets rid of shield spells)

Go to the desert first, not the ice country.

There's a handful of missable orbs, I think one was in the palace of darkness.

There's also a few secrets you can find that aren't really essential but make the game very charming to me. Can you get the water back to the desert town? Secret of Mana is all about story and little details, the combat isn't great, explore once you get flammie.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Waroduce posted:

Can someone do MGS 5 for me? Im just getting into it

It's a game I've never managed to get through, but here is what I learned from my longest run:

1) Just carry on in every mission unless you are actually killed, because replaying every section in search of perfection is too boring (or gamey, if you keep nipping back to the checkpoints. How I hate checkpoint systems).
2) You can play as a woman or any other character in your combat unit, once you get a combat unit (which was after mission 8 for me). You don't have the nice features of the bionic arm, of course.
3) Interrogate your own soldiers. They appreciate it and sometimes tell you something useful.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Foxhound posted:

I think maybe you might be able to hit him with the spear or whip? But yeah he is a bitch and a half.

you might be able to do it with spear lv2 (1?) because one of its charge attacks has a really extended hitbox, but you don't get whip until after you beat spikey tiger :unsmigghh:

quote:

The way we've done it with regards to magic is to use up all the MP of both the sprite and the girl when going between/to bosses and use a couple of walnuts at the start of the fight if we want to spam down the boss with magic. That way you get some decent magic leveling without turning it into a horrible grind.

which reminds me, please level Shade and Salamando. they're the weaknesses of the giant slime bosses, and the former starts out so huge that you can't move around in the room and therefore can't attack it with weapons (its only weak point being its core), and the latter starts out small and mode7s its way up to taking up the entire room, so if you aren't close enough to its core when it expands, you can't hit it either.

so i guess i say don't use magic, but you kinda have to, at least at certain parts.

dryad is also a good element to level because you need its buff spell to do damage to final boss, and at first level, it'll only last for like one hit, and you gotta hit that thing a whole bunch of times.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 25, 2017

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Waroduce posted:

Once you get through the very long intro and the first Afghanistan mission or so, everything is really fun. Unless you are invested in achieving perfection on every mission, just pick whatever weapons seem cool and try out doing different things. For the most part you can approach missions however you want and even if things go really wrong you can often find a cool way to get out of it rather than restart completely.

For example on one mission, I had to trigger an alarm inside a large compound and it was then sealed off from the outside with lots of guards suddenly patrolling. After a few deaths trying to stealth my way out of the alerted compound, I realised that instead of doing that, I could just book it for the exit as soon as the alarm started and make it through. Then I stole a sniper rifle from a deady guy and went round the outside of the compound picking off everyone who was patrolling on the inside from my new vantage point and use their own gun emplacements against them.

Edit: Using either D-Dog or Quiet as a companion is essentially easy mode once they like you.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

you might be able to do it with spear lv2 (1?) because one of its charge attacks has a really extended hitbox, but you don't get whip until after you beat spikey tiger :unsmigghh:
Right of course. I forgot that you don't use the whip to enter (you use the axe). I always just associate the witch woods with the whip.
Also because level 8 fireball looks sick.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Anything for biohazard/resident evil 7? Just started it for Halloween with Alien: Isolation as a possible follow up depending on timing.

Surprised neither have wiki entries since both seem like major titles.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

Waroduce posted:

• Kinda tutorial stuff, but if you're lying flat and press Y, you go into "stealth mode". This lets you get away with ridiculous amounts of stuff since guards usually won't see you unless they're on top of you.

• Even if you get an alert about a guard spotting you (white light radial indicator), they haven't positively identified you as a threat unless the game goes into slow-mo. Usually the best option is to just keep moving and take advantage of the distraction from them investigating the spot they originally saw you at.

• Enemies don't innately see animals as threats, you can use this as a distraction source without real risk to your buddy or even as a way to block traffic.

• Some missions and side missions are near impossible in broad daylight. You can either pick a specific deployment time from the helicoptor or use the phantom cigar to pass time. Note that some missions have a surprise time component and passing time with the phantom cigar can auto-fail them. Easier to return to the chopper and redeploy.

• Learn to love fulton extraction. It gets rid of a body/knocked out guy and, once you start expanding the base, the number of openings can out-pace the rate you can fill them so even the lovely soldiers are worth pulling out. Just know ahead of time whether the balloon will get spotted since it's an automatic alert (again, nighttime makes a world of difference) and boot any troublemakers afterward if you start seeing regular med bay admissions alerts.

• Mid/late game, you'll have quarantine the home base. Everything there runs through the staff management menu, including the core info needed to stall the infection. Alternatively, I've seen people recommend skipping it and trying to knock out the main story missions ASAP before too many soldiers die since the quarantine list gets LONG and the menu interface isn't made for it.

• Related to the above, neglecting the dispatch missions means some guards start showing up in heavy armor/riot gear. Either rely on close range hand-to-hand take-downs and/or deck Quiet out in the biggest penetration rifle available and let her go to town.

yook fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 27, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
MGSV:

If you are prone and you go into aiming mode, you can roll left or right. This is much faster than crawling, and has about the same visibility. I'm not sure if the game ever tells you about the roll, I think I stumbled on it by accident. It's extremely useful.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Anyone got some fresh tips for No More Heroes? The wiki page is quite short.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

yook posted:

Anything for biohazard/resident evil 7? Just started it for Halloween with Alien: Isolation as a possible follow up depending on timing.

RE7:
Learn to block and use it. It may seem ineffectual but it reduces the damage taken by quite a bit.
You can add a powder (sorry, it's been a while) to bullets and make a reduced amount of more powerful bullets. This is what you generally want to do but keep some regular handgun ammo handy when heading to the party because there will be boxes that explode when you hit them.
There are two weapon repair kits and two broken weapons. No need to horde it.

Alien: Isolation:
The way the game handles the alien's ability to detect you is a little non-intuitive. Sneaking makes you more attractive to the enemy, so the best way to get around the alien is to stand and walk slowly.
The motion detector makes noise that will give away your position.
I never made it far in the game but the stuff in the very beginning is pretty frustrating because you are completely helpless. This doesn't last long, although it will always be a game that prioritizes stealth over combat.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I never made it far in the game but the stuff in the very beginning is pretty frustrating because you are completely helpless. This doesn't last long, although it will always be a game that prioritizes stealth over combat.
Specifically, the first time you encounter 2-4 humans that you need to sneak by is a really difficult encounter because they have ranged weapons, decent detection skills and you have jack poo poo that can kill quickly and stealthily (when they are all in the same area). Your best bet is to try to work around their patrol routes to get to the next section, potentially picking them off when isolated (though not really necessary). Immediately after that encounter you get weapons and, well, bigger problems than them that the game is actually designed to threaten you with, if you get my drift.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

yook posted:

and boot any troublemakers afterward if you start seeing regular med bay admissions alerts.

Honestly, it's best to adopt a zero tolerance policy for troublemakers of any sort. Get into the habit of checking your staff roster every time you return to the helicopter and boot any troublemakers straight away. They make your units worse by sending people to the med bay to recover, and it can be completely avoided by just firing them. You'll have a huge list of people waiting to replace them anyway.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

DoubleNegative posted:

Honestly, it's best to adopt a zero tolerance policy for troublemakers of any sort. Get into the habit of checking your staff roster every time you return to the helicopter and boot any troublemakers straight away. They make your units worse by sending people to the med bay to recover, and it can be completely avoided by just firing them. You'll have a huge list of people waiting to replace them anyway.

If this gets boring, though, stop. You'd probably get more research by playing more instead of fiddling around as the head of HR for a thousand plus guy company.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
For a minute there I thought I had accidentally clicked on the SS13 thread :v:

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

DoubleNegative posted:

Get into the habit of checking your staff roster every time you return to the helicopter and boot any troublemakers straight away.

This is easier once you discover that you can sort the list so it shows most recently added first. Took me a shameful length of time to notice that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just ignore that poo poo it doesn't matter. If you see a troublemaker annoying you then fire him but it's not going to ruin the fuckin game if you don't

yook
Mar 11, 2001

Troublemaker is considered a special skill, so if you're gung ho about purging them, you can sort personnel by skills and it'll be one of the last ones listed.

Some soldiers have the Diplomat skill that helps negate troublemakers, so as long as I wasn't getting alerts, I assumed they were covered. Can't recall ever seeing anyone in medbay for unsanitary conditions or PTSD in my game, just once in a while in the helicopter there'd be back to back messages about 3 soldiers being discharged from sickbay, fighting breaking out, then 3 soldiers immediately getting dumped back in. That usually meant they had a violent troublemaker in the unit that needed to get dumpstered.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I bought Witcher 3, and it's great. I'd avoided it for a long time because Western RPGs are a gazillion hours long and I usually get burned out.

With that in mind, I wanted to run through JUST the main quest, in this game, to make sure I at least finish it.

But then I finished up White Orchard, and moved to the next area, and saw that I was two levels lower than the recommended level.

So I went back to White Orchard and cleared it, as the wiki suggests. I'm not planning to do that for every area, but how feasible is it to run through just the main quest line and not get in a lot of trouble in terms of combat?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Just ignore that poo poo it doesn't matter. If you see a troublemaker annoying you then fire him but it's not going to ruin the fuckin game if you don't

Yeah I don't think I ever bothered to search for or fire a troublemaker and I don't remember ever feeling like I was having problems with the game.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Centipeed posted:

I bought Witcher 3, and it's great. I'd avoided it for a long time because Western RPGs are a gazillion hours long and I usually get burned out.

With that in mind, I wanted to run through JUST the main quest, in this game, to make sure I at least finish it.

But then I finished up White Orchard, and moved to the next area, and saw that I was two levels lower than the recommended level.

So I went back to White Orchard and cleared it, as the wiki suggests. I'm not planning to do that for every area, but how feasible is it to run through just the main quest line and not get in a lot of trouble in terms of combat?

I did pretty much everything I could, while role-playing Geralt and not reloading most botched sidequests, and I ended around 5-6 levels a above the recommendation level. Sidequests stop giving meaningful xp pretty soon as you overlevel them. Most of the xp comes from the main questline. I'd wager you'd be fine but let me just say that every quest in the game tells a story and pretty much each and every of them is worth it if you like the story. Hunting for every single question mark and piece of witcher equipment is pretty repetitive though.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

If you did the main story and monster hunting guests you should be fine. The monster hunting quests also give you items you can't get anywhere else that will help with combat. Otherwise just turn down the difficulty or do a side quest when the mood strikes.

I agree with not searching down every question mark, ESPECIALLY in the second area.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Centipeed posted:

Playing TW3 just for the main quest is a bit of a waste, much of the best content in the game is in the sidequests. There's absolutely no need to fully clear every area of every monster nest and smuggler's cache which is something that can quickly burn anyone out, but I'd even go so far as to say that seeing as many different sidequests as possible and then dropping the game might be the better experience compared to ignoring the sidequests and clearing the main story.

But yeah, if you drop the difficulty down you shouldn't have major issues regardless.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Valiantman posted:

I did pretty much everything I could, while role-playing Geralt and not reloading most botched sidequests, and I ended around 5-6 levels a above the recommendation level. Sidequests stop giving meaningful xp pretty soon as you overlevel them. Most of the xp comes from the main questline. I'd wager you'd be fine but let me just say that every quest in the game tells a story and pretty much each and every of them is worth it if you like the story. Hunting for every single question mark and piece of witcher equipment is pretty repetitive though.

Yeah I don't know if it's possible to just do the main quest and skip all side content--you might need to do a few to stay leveled--but the good news is that the sidequests and monster contracts in this game are amazing and you should do all of them. I know that wasn't your question but it's definitely something you should know before playing for the first time.

I will be the third person to agree that you can skip the ?s on the map. You should keep one set of witcher gear up to date though, because it's the best (or close enough) equipment in the game and you will never have to worry about any other gear as long you're keeping yours upgraded

e: 4th person

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Is either of the Kane & Lynch games still worth playing nowadays? I have them both, but don't think I've ever even installed them. If so, anything I should know?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Is either of the Kane & Lynch games still worth playing nowadays? I have them both, but don't think I've ever even installed them. If so, anything I should know?

tl;dr skip the first, play the second

I think the first one is pretty terrible. It has a lot of endlessly sitting behind cover, waiting for an enemy to pop out of his cover. It doesn't help that it features a lot of wide-open environments, so your dealing with inaccurate weapons fire.

The second game fixes that problem by having an urban setting with a lot more opportunities for flanking. Dogs Days also has a lot more style, whereas the first feels like a generic third person shooter. It's a vicious and brutal game, but it will leave an impression. I definitely recommend playing it. No need to play the first game for the plot, you can jump right in.

As for some basic Dog Days tips:
- You can disable some of the shakeycam/visual effects, if they're giving you a headache.
- Fire extinguishers are your friend. You can toss them into a crowd and shoot them to take people out.
- People drop their weapon when they die, so don't be afraid to switch weapons frequently. Once a weapon is out of ammo there is no reason to hold onto it.
- Always Be Flanking. Either have Kane suppress for you, or keep the enemies occupied while you send Kane flanking. Charging straight at people will get you killed, sitting behind cover and plinking away is boring.
- Multiplayer is (obviously) dead, but you can play locally with AI partners. Give it a shot, if only to see how unique the MP was.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 28, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

tl;dr skip the first, play the second

I think the first one is pretty terrible. It has a lot of endlessly sitting behind cover, waiting for an enemy to pop out of his cover. It doesn't help that it features a lot of wide-open environments, so your dealing with inaccurate weapons fire.

The second game fixes that problem by having an urban setting with a lot more opportunities for flanking. Dogs Days also has a lot more style, whereas the first feels like a generic third person shooter. It's a vicious and brutal game, but it will leave an impression. I definitely recommend playing it. No need to play the first game for the plot, you can jump right in.

As for some basic Dog Days tips:
- You can disable some of the shakeycam/visual effects, if they're giving you a headache.
- Fire extinguishers are your friend. You can toss them into a crowd and shoot them to take people out.
- People drop their weapon when they die, so don't be afraid to switch weapons frequently. Once a weapon is out of ammo there is no reason to hold onto it.
- Always Be Flanking. Either have Kane suppress for you, or keep the enemies occupied while you send Kane flanking. Charging straight at people will get you killed, sitting behind cover and plinking away is boring.
- Multiplayer is (obviously) dead, but you can play locally with AI partners. Give it a shot, if only to see how unique the MP was.

Is the MP with AI any fun? IIRC that's the one where you and a team of players had to pull of a heist together, but each player could individually try to get a better score by stabbing their teammates in the back at the last minute and stealing their loot.

It was a cool psychological experience but I feel like it loses an awful lot of the charm if you're playing it with bots

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The bots are not as backstabby, so the fun comes from you being the traitor and trying to screw the AI over and get away with it.

It's fun for an hour or two, basically a nice little bonus once you finished the campaign, nothing more.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've tried to play Kane and Lynch 1 twice before, with the same co-op partner. Both times we got to the dump truck "boss", begrudgingly completed it, and immediately put it down out of lack of desire to continue.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Kanfy posted:

Playing TW3 just for the main quest is a bit of a waste, much of the best content in the game is in the sidequests.

This is kind of a derail, so apologies, but I remember going back to Fallout 3 after playing it for like 300 hours or something, and saying, "You know what, I'm going to finish the main quest, and so I'll ONLY do that", and it turns out to be pretty easily doable without doing sidequests to level, and its quite short, and it only uses like a quarter of the map? It's really weird, you just never go anywhere north at all? Like there's SO much game in there that's ONLY for the sake of going off and having your own little adventure.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I love the Kane & Lynch games

1: worth playing because you get some nice Heat shootouts, but once you get to Cuba in the end, feel free to stop playing the game immediately unless you actively hate yourself

2: it's a good game and pretty intense, short ride but that's not necessarily a bad thing, co-op is loads of fun, the environments you run through are really cool. the biggest issue was that a lot of people really couldn't handle shakycam

the story of both is "bad things happening to bad people", so don't expect the hero's quest retold or anything

Mierenneuker's advice is solid, don't fall in love with your weapons too much; often you'll need to switch to whatever you can pick up a lot and poo poo can happen fast

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

duckfarts posted:

1: worth playing because you get some nice Heat shootouts, but once you get to Cuba in the end, feel free to stop playing the game immediately unless you actively hate yourself

Literally, and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, the only thing I remember about this game is hating the Cuba missions so I have to assume this is good advice

If you put a gun to my head I could not describe any other mission in this game. I wanna say you went to.....New York at some point? Is that a safe guess?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

!Klams posted:

This is kind of a derail, so apologies, but I remember going back to Fallout 3 after playing it for like 300 hours or something, and saying, "You know what, I'm going to finish the main quest, and so I'll ONLY do that", and it turns out to be pretty easily doable without doing sidequests to level, and its quite short, and it only uses like a quarter of the map? It's really weird, you just never go anywhere north at all? Like there's SO much game in there that's ONLY for the sake of going off and having your own little adventure.

Fallout 3 has like 25 sidequests total, how did you sink so much time into it?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

Literally, and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, the only thing I remember about this game is hating the Cuba missions so I have to assume this is good advice

If you put a gun to my head I could not describe any other mission in this game. I wanna say you went to.....New York at some point? Is that a safe guess?

There is a bank heist that goes bad (Heat), a prison break, a visit to a Asian nightclub that goes bad (Collateral) and a lot of shooting pursuing cops from the back of a van.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

flatluigi posted:

People crap on this game unnecessarily and hail New Vegas as some kind of gaming revolution despite the two games being fraternal twins, so not sure if joking but. Fallout 3 has so much side content that I know several people who quit playing the moment the map opened up because they're 100% types and didn't realize they were holding a copy of War and Peace.

Fallout 3's main quest takes place in like 4 locations and ends in a few hours, but it also sucks balls and was way worse before the update and DLC, so it is actually better to side quest until you feel like coming back to it since it's not going to do much for you. If you're a 100% type who has that moment of panic when the map opens up, yes, you can finish off the main quest anytime and quit playing. Except I think some of the DLC actually happens after the end of the game? Whatever.

!Klams posted:

Like there's SO much game in there that's ONLY for the sake of going off and having your own little adventure.

Fallout 3 pretty much is the side quests, some of which are awesome as hell if you really step into them and enjoy the five minutes of writing you actually get between killing things and wandering toward waypoints.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

flatluigi posted:

I mean it was years and years ago, I just pulled that number outta my rear end, maybe it was way less. It almost certainly was.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

yook posted:

A bit late, but regarding Alien: Isolation: The game will throw up a screen at the start telling you that the hardest difficulty is recommended.
Ignore this. It's main function is to make the Alien stick closer to you, which means you end up spending a lot more time hiding in lockers or under desks waiting for the drat thing to gently caress off for twenty seconds so you can move. It doesn't make the game harder or more scary, just more tedious. Play on normal instead.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Honestly, gently caress games that shame you for playing the lower difficulties.

(Except IWBTG because that was loving hilarious to teenage me.)

Edit: And a double gently caress-you to games that hide content behind difficulties. "Thought you could have fun playing causally? You want an ending? I'll stick my boot up your ending."

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 30, 2017

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

revwinnebago posted:

People crap on this game unnecessarily and hail New Vegas as some kind of gaming revolution despite the two games being fraternal twins, so not sure if joking but. Fallout 3 has so much side content that I know several people who quit playing the moment the map opened up because they're 100% types and didn't realize they were holding a copy of War and Peace.

I liked Fallout 3 and I'm not joking -- and I actually overstated how many sidequests there were in my original post: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There is no such thing as unnecessarily crapping on Fallout 3. That game is bad and exemplifies some of the worst things open-world design has ever inflicted upon us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

My total playtime for Fallout 3 on Steam is 134 hours. That includes all the DLC, all the sidequests and I was crazy enough to visit every marked location on the map too (that includes all those terrible sewers). I have no idea how you'd get more hours than that out of the game without mods, multiple playthroughs or being a crazier person than I was.

For comparison, New Vegas: 119 hours, Oblivion: 126 hours (which could have been even more if the game didn't become unplayable halfway through the expansion). I think all three games were played during summer vacations too, guess I had nothing else I wanted to play during those years.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 30, 2017