Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tiggum posted:

'Cause you're wearing shoes.
So what? You've already established that wearing them around doesn't make things dirty, why would that matter for a couch but not a carpet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

your posting is aggressively bad just stop posting its cool man.

No. But please feel free to stop reading my posts if they bother you this much. It's fine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

misguided rage posted:

So what? You've already established that wearing them around doesn't make things dirty, why would that matter for a couch but not a carpet?
For one, couches are harder to clean than floors. But also, people will be sitting, lying, leaning, etc. on the couch, but only standing on the floor, so things that are transferred to the couch may then be transferred to the clothes, hands, etc. but things on the floor will only come into contact with feet and shoes, which will also be coming into contact with the ground anyway. Basically, the same reason you're allowed to walk on trains but not put your feet on the seats.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tiggum posted:

'Cause you're wearing shoes.

If you're an idiot yes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Weird derails thread

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tiggum posted:

For one, couches are harder to clean than floors. But also, people will be sitting, lying, leaning, etc. on the couch, but only standing on the floor, so things that are transferred to the couch may then be transferred to the clothes, hands, etc. but things on the floor will only come into contact with feet and shoes, which will also be coming into contact with the ground anyway. Basically, the same reason you're allowed to walk on trains but not put your feet on the seats.

I'm not buying it. I've been convinced that shoes are clean as hell, you can't fool me with this backpedalling

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/aug/08/whatsapp-opens-door-silent-exits-annoying-groups-privacy

Hmm

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People sit and lie on the floor all the time, because they know a filthy Anglo hasn't trailed poo poo all over it.

This, by the by, is why its "the floor is lava" not "golvet är lava" or "le floor is le lava".

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiggum posted:

You wipe your feet on the doormat before you come in, if necessary, and you don't put your feet on the couch. This is not rocket science.
This is also why I don't have toilet paper. We all use the same hand towel and wash it when it gets too stiff to bend anymore.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
We're a fan of haute cuisine here so I must insist the shoes come off. Very shortly after you arrive we'll be dumping a bag of Oreos on the floor and eating the Oreos off the floor like an animal you piece of poo poo.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Milo and POTUS posted:

Weird derails thread

Not really. This is one of the standards that works pretty much every time. Any time someone who's a regular in pyf or GBS brings it up, they're deliberately taking a poo poo in the punch bowl.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Oh wow good thing that bacteria is literally the only thing that sticks to shoes or feet and that visible sand, dirt and mud never ever gets on shoes

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
To me, these derails always read like "People in nice climates who mostly walk on concrete, asphalt and manicured lawns" VS "people in lovely climates who walk in snow or mud 9 months out of the year" and nobody realizes it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Not really. This is one of the standards that works pretty much every time. Any time someone who's a regular in pyf or GBS brings it up, they're deliberately taking a poo poo in the punch bowl.

Throws a video in which a bicyclist and a driver are mutually negligent into the thread.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

The real power move is to ask your guests to take off their shoes while leaving yours on.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

zedprime posted:

like a animal

FTFY

e: I only gently caress in the cleanrooms they build satellites in

Ichabod Sexbeast has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Aug 8, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You want me to take my shoes off? So you can get a good look at my feet? Maybe smell em a bit too you little freak?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
if you own dogs and cats i don't see the point taking off your shoes, your floor is gonna be dirty af anyway

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

StillFullyTerrible posted:

if you own dogs and cats i don't see the point taking off your shoes, your floor is gonna be dirty af anyway

Why, does your cat wear shoes?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
i don't own a cat or dog, so i don't wear shoes in my house

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CordlessPen posted:

To me, these derails always read like "People in nice climates who mostly walk on concrete, asphalt and manicured lawns" VS "people in lovely climates who walk in snow or mud 9 months out of the year" and nobody realizes it.

What do americans do when it rains?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm sitting at my table right now, with shoes on my feet :unsmigghh:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

FTFY

e: I only gently caress in the cleanrooms they build satellites in

Makes sense, anyone in there will have experience with tiny, difficult equipment.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I wear leg braces and it's a big pain in the rear end to have to take my shoes off for the sake of someone's super special clean floor but I will if they are really adamant about it. This derail is ableist, I guess. Maybe?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Shifty Nipples posted:

I wear leg braces and it's a big pain in the rear end to have to take my shoes off for the sake of someone's super special clean floor but I will if they are really adamant about it. This derail is ableist, I guess. Maybe?

is it weird if they offer to help because they know you have trouble?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

is it weird if they offer to help because they know you have trouble?

yeah

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Lovingly undressing your guest's feet while staring them dead in the eyes unblinking.... is this weird?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

People in leg braces still need to take their shoes off. People in wheelchairs still need to take the wheels off. And don't act like you don't hear me because it also says so clearly on our front door.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Lovingly undressing your guest's feet while staring them dead in the eyes unblinking.... is this weird?

Only if you don't immediately wash them afterwards. That's what God loves to see.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

drown

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Lobok posted:

People in leg braces still need to take their shoes off. People in wheelchairs still need to take the wheels off. And don't act like you don't hear me because it also says so clearly on our front door.

drat now that would be harsh, imagining someone either having to crawl across the floor pulling their legs behind them or for some reason having outdoor wheels and indoor wheels having to like swap them in the entryway.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/OU_CoachGundy/status/1556483462919512065

https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/1556726224881274880

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/ny-blood-center-offering-beer-for-blood

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That's a perfect setup and punchline. "Sounds like there might be an overreaction here; he could have been more careful but he was just reading aloud and said it without thinking... and then he kept going and said it several more times!" :roflolmao:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Shifty Nipples posted:

drat now that would be harsh, imagining someone either having to crawl across the floor pulling their legs behind them or for some reason having outdoor wheels and indoor wheels having to like swap them in the entryway.

if you're gonna be scraping along my floor you better take your dirty outside shirt and pants off too

Buckets has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Aug 9, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shifty Nipples posted:

I'm just picturing a dedicated pit crew.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Buckets posted:

if you're gonna be scraping along my floor you better take your dirty outside shirt and pants off too

lol

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm just picturing a dedicated pit crew.

*air ratchet noises*

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Walk 10 feet to their car then drive everywhere.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turn on their windshield wipers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy