Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cody is good I hope they change their minds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Booo Cody, booooo he's a stinky loser

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Cody is good I hope they change their minds

:toughguy:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there are people who are blaming jack perry for this and they're right

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Disheartening to see AEW stans trying to gaslight good honest people into believing that some nepo baby midcarder should main event Mania instead of the most charismatic and popular man of all time.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

If Christian had never turned on Jack Perry in the first place none of this would have ever happened :colbert:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

to think that all this started with seven bucks in his pocket. and now? the fun part, we go to work 👊

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The Rock has become the God Emporer, solely existing off the accumulated mana & psychic energy being drained off the tortured fans

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cody’s not even close to being on the Rock’s level of hustle and getting it. Rock’s up at 1 am every day, clanging and banging in the gym. Then he takes a private jet back a time zone so guess what? It’s 1 am AGAIN. Then he’s on the phone with bigwigs at all the networks and movie studios. 3 more movie deals signed. Then he takes that jet back another time zone. 1 am AGAIN!

What’s Cody doing during all of this? Taking care of his kid? Uh-uh, that doesn’t fly with the Rock’s schedule.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dwayne hogan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A Fancy Hat posted:

Cody’s not even close to being on the Rock’s level of hustle and getting it. Rock’s up at 1 am every day, clanging and banging in the gym. Then he takes a private jet back a time zone so guess what? It’s 1 am AGAIN. Then he’s on the phone with bigwigs at all the networks and movie studios. 3 more movie deals signed. Then he takes that jet back another time zone. 1 am AGAIN!

What’s Cody doing during all of this? Taking care of his kid? Uh-uh, that doesn’t fly with the Rock’s schedule.

😂 love the energy big man! dreams this big can’t be chased in your sleep ‼️⚡️

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
how come every time i see someone talking about "moments" and "cinema" it's always just two people standing there not doing anything

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

little munchkin posted:

how come every time i see someone talking about "moments" and "cinema" it's always just two people standing there not doing anything

The other day I watched a Cena/HHH promo package for one of the NOC PPVs and it literally ends with them standing face to face with HHH holding the championship and the promo voiceover from him going "IT WILL BE A MOMENT".

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Cody's a goober so it's funny when the exact thing that everyone said would happen did, and then even funnier when it happened again. But it's more pity than malice. Even after all this I'd still like him to go back to AEW and do his weird poo poo again. C'mon back ya big lug, don't worry about breaking thrones this time, just have some wrasslin' fun.

Punk's a hypocrite rear end in a top hat who turned into everything he supposedly hated so it's simply straight-up black tar schadenfreude when bad poo poo happens to him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

super macho dude posted:

The Rock has become the God Emporer, solely existing off the accumulated mana & psychic energy being drained off the tortured fans

Meanwhile, Cody's the leader of a Genestealer Cult; his reaction to Rock taking his spot against Roman at WM is akin to when the cultists have their psychic connection with the hivemind broken, and reality comes crashing down as they realize that the swarm of alien monsters that's currently consuming all life on their world isn't there to save them, but is actually going to devour them, too.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody is an eldar

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

If I had it my way Bungle Boy Hack Perry would be in The Hague

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cody is an eldar

Nah, he's way too jingoistic for the Eldar, plus he's not very good at the whole "playing the long game" thing like a member of the race of ancient space elves should be

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cody has more WWE 5-star matches than Bryan Danielson.

then again so does EC3

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

super macho dude posted:

Godspeed You! Rock Emperor.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NienNunb posted:

If I had it my way Bungle Boy Hack Perry would be in The Hague

Only registered members can see post attachments!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

Cody has more WWE 5-star matches than Bryan Danielson.

then again so does EC3

That was true as of cody vs dustin but danielson has since joining aew lapped him. Got him 8 to 3 now, and 5 to 3 if you wanna get nit-picky and not count matches over 5.

Edit oh goddamit i missed the wwe rider. I keep doing this. But its also loving insane that Cody got one first of the two

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 4, 2024

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

D.N. Nation posted:

then again so does EC3

that match is so funny to look back on. it was supposed to be a showcase of future stars of the main roster, and all it ultimately amounted to was one lower mid card guy.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Dave must have really disliked something about the Roh style. Endless best technical wrestler awards, it literally gets named after him, 4.75 star ceiling.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Dave must have really disliked something about the Roh style. Endless best technical wrestler awards, it literally gets named after him, 4.75 star ceiling.

Dave hasn't quite broken the 5 star seal yet

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He didn’t say that! You’re lying!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

that is a tweet from 2029, a few hours before cm punk is wheeled out to cut a promo at the new nso group arena in downtown gaza welcoming fans to the first annual 'showdown on the strip' ple

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

NienNunb posted:

he said that etc.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lowkey my favorite part of cody's aew run was when he got jobs for all his buddies and his buddies' sons and then quit and left them to languish

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Arn was still in Cody’s corner with the Waffle House menu it wouldn’t have gone down like that with The Rock, I’ll tell you that much

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/apronbump/status/1753915463321391452

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I bet Bob can still go

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I love Cody

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The haters will be waiters for Cody at the table of success

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RealityWarCriminal posted:

lowkey my favorite part of cody's aew run was when he got jobs for all his buddies and his buddies' sons and then quit and left them to languish

he kept collecting jobbers and nepotism hires to be in his entourage when he came out to matches, by the end he'd be rolling with a crew of like a dozen guys, brandi, arn, and sometimes ddp

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

I bet Bob can still go

we need a Three Faces of Bob Holly thing in the Rumble

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
The Book of Cody is starting to remind me of The Book of Henry, a film so notoriously bad that it's rumored to have cost Colin Trevorrow his spot directing an entry in the Star Wars sequel trilogy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

shiksa posted:

he kept collecting jobbers and nepotism hires to be in his entourage when he came out to matches, by the end he'd be rolling with a crew of like a dozen guys, brandi, arn, and sometimes ddp

the catering budget would have bankrupted aew after another 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in the codyverse cody held ultimate power