Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
My experience is she counters lee, rengar, khazix, camille, and does a pretty good job peeling stick tanks like poppy and naut off the adc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How has the "Remember this OP champ" gone on for 2 pages without someone mentioned 4.20 Warwick. I watched a three-item Warwick jump into 4 people solo and just AA heal through their combined damage.

the stars really did align for that patch

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
iirc nasus' R had a 1.0 AP ratio for a very short while as well, which meant that if you built 100 AP you'd do 100% of a target's max health per second

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lulu's still the best at preventing single target divers from bursting a carry, but she feels undertuned after all the nerfs she got. If they ever fix Janna to not be the uber peel support we might see her more again.

Lovechop posted:

the stars really did align for that patch

The best part about that was that they actually pre-emptively nerfed Warwick on that patch, it could have been even worse.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I've always wanted to be good with Kha'zix (or any champion really) but I can never get the hang of him. What's the current Jungle meta? I got trashed by a Rumble Jungle as Ivern last night, but that was probably mostly because I haven't played for a year and forgot to turn Smart Cast on so I only dropped m shield like 5 times the entire match.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Tales of Woe posted:

Lulu's still the best at preventing single target divers from bursting a carry, but she feels undertuned after all the nerfs she got. If they ever fix Janna to not be the uber peel support we might see her more again.

They put a lot of strength back into her w which I think helps her a lot but yeah janna shields and ult are generally gonna be better peel. I think lulu still deserves a look because she does more in lane, and her kit can also be used offensively decently with popular champions. IE ulting lee/rengar/etc after they jump in for an aoe cc + 7 second slow.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Why is Malzahar support a thing?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I've always wanted to be good with Kha'zix (or any champion really) but I can never get the hang of him. What's the current Jungle meta? I got trashed by a Rumble Jungle as Ivern last night, but that was probably mostly because I haven't played for a year and forgot to turn Smart Cast on so I only dropped m shield like 5 times the entire match.

current jungle meta seems to be a lot of Lee Sin, Vi, Hecarim, Kha'zix, and Rengar, plus a bit of Zac, Shaco, and Shyvana. Ivern is probably still good too but not as popular since he's a weird low damage champ. I've been jamming Skarner and Nocturne who both seem good as well. Basically anyone with a good clear speed that is strong in the early or midgame. Single target/attack speed junglers have issues with clearing fast enough this season since there's more critters in some of the camps.

Why is Malzahar support a thing?

koreans did it :shrug:

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 17, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Speaking of Koreans, LCK starts tonight so in the next 2-3 weeks expect the meta to shift as people start to copy whatever's popular in LCK/LCS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lulu is probably in that territory where she needs one of those "hey i am actually fine, play me" buffs that champs occasionally receive (and often thrust them right back into being too good :v:) to get people to realize they're fine and play them again

that's always such a weird thing. i remember when lux went from being constantly played because of her winrate to never being played after the e nerf to actually being viable and fine. of course lulu is never going to get six hundred skins like lux so they'll have to find another way to bring her around

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
man you guys don't remember the days of stealth OP morde, where after a certain point in game he could just solo the entire enemy team

he was like that for like 3-4 patches before people started catching on

this was a while ago though, way before his rework

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
No really a traditional OP thing , unless you count crashing the entire game as OP, but Fiddle's Dark Wind doing exactly that when cast from a bush was the best thing ever.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Lulu has 6 skins, Lux has 7.

What?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mistaya posted:

What?

Yeah, what???

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
For the first 3 years of the game, AS buffs just didn't work properly.

Shaking tiamat across your screen crashed the game.

Rumble doing less damage purple side.

Talon passive just not doing anything.

Zed teleporting to random places on the map.

Khazix jumping out of bounds.

Nasus wither just not being affected by tenacity.

The shen ult thing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

xin zhao ult occasionally killing people by putting them in enemy fountain for the same reason as the zed bug edit: i think tristana ult also did this

edit: oh yasuo q hitting people from fountain

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
He wasn't the MOST broken, but that one Taric rework where he could stack armor and just cast his abilities nonstop and 1v4 people was pretty hilarious

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Man I miss old Taric. The new one is good, but if I could have old Taric with his current ult he'd be perfect for me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aerox posted:

He wasn't the MOST broken, but that one Taric rework where he could stack armor and just cast his abilities nonstop and 1v4 people was pretty hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eIp7BlmiWU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

can Malzahar still jungle or did they break his jungle clear?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Man I miss old Taric. The new one is good, but if I could have old Taric with his current ult he'd be perfect for me.

I honestly miss his old ult too, I feel like there should be some support that gives their team a big combat boost.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

mistaya posted:

What?

They both only have one skin. Star Guardian.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

pahuyuth posted:

No really a traditional OP thing , unless you count crashing the entire game as OP, but Fiddle's Dark Wind doing exactly that when cast from a bush was the best thing ever.

Both Fiddles's bouncy birds and whatever Ryze's bouncing spell was had a bug where it could instantly delete someone if you were stood basically on top of another target.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Kokoro Wish posted:

They both only have one skin. Star Guardian.

I'm a squid now and I resent this remark.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Darth Windu posted:

Does tonetta even play/post anymore, where my homegirl at

Short story no

Long story I mostly just played with two groups, one all quit and the other was mostly ran by a weirdo who decided at some point to ostracize me because 1) I became a dirty gender monster and he couldn't stop comparing me to that riot one that "went crazy" and 2) I had private conversations with the girl he wanted to efuck about life stuff & decided he needed to intervene before I stole his egirl

Also I played a poo poo ton of league and it wasn't fun unless I was in one of these groups

E: I didnt want the efuck

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 17, 2017

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

So what does the Meta look like now? When is the support meta? Is jungling a huge chore again or have they decided that maybe they should be allowed to influence lanes? How stupid are the jungle items now?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tonetta posted:

So what does the Meta look like now? When is the support meta? Is jungling a huge chore again or have they decided that maybe they should be allowed to influence lanes? How stupid are the jungle items now?

This red title is just what the thread needs.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Methanar posted:

This red title is just what the thread needs.

Answer my questions drat it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tonetta posted:

Answer my questions drat it

Jungle is the most influential role right now. Jungle items are okay, nothing special.

Meta is dogpile bot lane with TF/aurelion sol/quinn/talon, and TP top so you can take dragons and the weak tower.

Katarina, rengar, zac, vi, lb, lee, camille are all overpowered and need to be banned.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

The gently caress is sol and aurelion also why is tf in bot lane is he a real adc or do fake adcs work again

This sounds like pre dreamhack all over again

E: so we're still banning the same 5 characters we were 3 years ago. Riot what are you doing

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Tonetta posted:

E: so we're still banning the same 5 characters we were 3 years ago. Riot what are you doing

Same as it ever was!

Glad to see you still making the same mistake as everyone else that plays this dumb game: logging on.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tonetta posted:

The gently caress is sol and aurelion also why is tf in bot lane is he a real adc or do fake adcs work again

This sounds like pre dreamhack all over again

Aurelion sol is a dragon that moves fast.

What I meant was mid and top both go bottom to murder caitlyn and take objectives.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Chumppell posted:

Same as it ever was!

Glad to see you still making the same mistake as everyone else that plays this dumb game: logging on.

Actually my account got hacked and permabanned like 5 months ago and just never chose to do anything about it.

But thank you for reminding me that no matter how much moba chances, the moba it stays the same

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Actually my account got hacked and permabanned like 5 months ago and just never chose to do anything about it.

But thank you for reminding me that no matter how much moba chances, the moba it stays the same

That was always gonna be a blessing in disguise. Stay true, stay the hell away from this big pile.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

The shen ult thing

Zed casting Q causing all minions to spawn missing like a third of their health.

E: toggle abilities letting you change what abilities were bound to so you could cast w and get your ult.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Zed casting Q causing all minions to spawn missing like a third of their health.

E: toggle abilities letting you change what abilities were bound to so you could cast w and get your ult.

I guess riven jumping walls should be in that list too.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Chumppell posted:

That was always gonna be a blessing in disguise. Stay true, stay the hell away from this big pile.

That's the goal yes. I'm like 2 years removed from this game now I think, no reason to relapse now.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
we miss you tonetta

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Methanar posted:

The shen ult thing

how could you forget Anivia stun hitting everyone if you fire it in to the bottom left corner of the map. for shame, anivia player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

Maokai with GA dying in his ult did that one patch. Was abused like hell too. Did they not disable champs back then?

• Locked thread