Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The real problem with Jade was that promo Brandi cut on her early in her career that was an all-timer and highlighted how boring Jade is when she talks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How's she doing in the big pond anyway

Decently, I think. Though it's hard to tell because audience sentiment all around on WWE is positive.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

She is being used to her utmost potential, I'd say.

She just lost a match to Nia Jax, botched a chair shot in a rare occasion where Nia Jax wasn't the gently caress-up. She's basically Charlotte already.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mostly keeping her out of singles competition for now so she can be the hot tag and they can try to hide her weaknesses while making her look like a badass is probably a really good spot for her.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I was always told that the running of the ropes was a counter because an actual Irish Whip was like a snapmare but using the arm instead of the head. Pretty sure I even seen it in a black and white clip somewhere? Have I been fooled all this time and Irish Whips actually are goofy horseshit?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

XeeD posted:

I was always told that the running of the ropes was a counter because an actual Irish Whip was like a snapmare but using the arm instead of the head. Pretty sure I even seen it in a black and white clip somewhere? Have I been fooled all this time and Irish Whips actually are goofy horseshit?

That's at least how the internet story goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/15j1487/the_irish_whip_is_named_for_its_inventor_county/

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

XeeD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Cmcfvh7M8 is about the closest you can get in grappling to "snapmare, but the arm". The closest you can get to where running the ropes MIGHT be an actual thing is if while your opponent has managed to get around to your back while standing it is completely viable to break their grip and run towards the ropes.

edit:

Alright this is kinda sick and I wish it actually worked this way, this is drop seoinage. It's still "not real" as it's not particularly possible to whip your opponent like that away from you unless you have a significant strength and weight advantage, and even then.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 19, 2024

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Exactly the same as she was in AEW except she's in tag matches now.

She even redid that one cool Skye Blue spot from AEW note-for-note a couple weeks back.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Has anyone had a character that was just "left handed"? They're a natural heel, as right handed people are jealous of us

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol jealous ok sure

it’s called the “right hand” for a reason freak

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

History Comes Inside! posted:

it’s called the “right hand” for a reason freak

just ask the nuns that hit my grandma on her left hand with a ruler whenever she tried to use it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
How sinister

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sex Farm posted:

Has anyone had a character that was just "left handed"? They're a natural heel, as right handed people are jealous of us

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’m sure someone has been Ned Flanders in some indie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

0konner posted:

Surely Chikara had it where somebody had to select a left-handed chair to swing.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

0konner posted:

Yeah, Roderick Strong

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah, Roderick Strong

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah, Roderick Strong

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah, Roderick Strong

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Sandman from ECW posted:

This always drove me crazy

Who the hell is ever gonna put themself in that position? Whyyy???

My head canon is their legs trapped and if they don’t sit up, the stomp will go to their face instead of their chest.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bit of an odd question but does anyone know if there’s a repository of old ECW Fan Cams anywhere? I randomly stumbled onto a YouTube channel that had some, but I’m looking specifically for April 11, 1998 in Kissimmee, FL. A show I remember fondly for being in the front row and almost getting kicked by Bobby Duncum Jr and seeing Spike Dudley jump off of a semi.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ganso Bomb posted:

Bit of an odd question but does anyone know if there’s a repository of old ECW Fan Cams anywhere? I randomly stumbled onto a YouTube channel that had some, but I’m looking specifically for April 11, 1998 in Kissimmee, FL. A show I remember fondly for being in the front row and almost getting kicked by Bobby Duncum Jr and seeing Spike Dudley jump off of a semi.

I wouldn't be stunned if someone had such a repository but I'm not aware of it. I can find someone's tapelist online that shows it exists but even RF's website doesn't seem to have it. Although they have gently caress all on there after 1996 for ECW Fan Cams. Which makes no sense to me. Highspots don't seem to have any fancams before '99.

There's even a torrent on a certain wrestling :filez: site with a collection of 300+GB of ECW Fancams & that has February & November 1998 shows it's missing the April show. There's another collection that is just the '98 ones and it's also missing from there. Nothing I can find on VK either. Good luck.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

I wouldn't be stunned if someone had such a repository but I'm not aware of it. I can find someone's tapelist online that shows it exists but even RF's website doesn't seem to have it. Although they have gently caress all on there after 1996 for ECW Fan Cams. Which makes no sense to me. Highspots don't seem to have any fancams before '99.

There's even a torrent on a certain wrestling :filez: site with a collection of 300+GB of ECW Fancams & that has February & November 1998 shows it's missing the April show. There's another collection that is just the '98 ones and it's also missing from there. Nothing I can find on VK either. Good luck.

Sounds like we did a lot of the same research. Felt like I was on the trail a few times but no luck! Thanks for digging in a bit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounds like we did a lot of the same research. Felt like I was on the trail a few times but no luck! Thanks for digging in a bit.

I'm sure someone has them all on a Google Drive somewhere, but after the Real Hero Archive got shuttered that stuff tends not to be so widely publicised anymore. It's a bummer.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

you could ask the quebrada dudes they answered questions for me before about availability but ymmv

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Was that WWE Nathan Jones I just saw in Furiosa?

Also Furiosa rocked

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
twas, he played the same role in Fury Road

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nathan Jones was great getting his poo poo rocked by Tony Jaa in The Protector

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Bluejeans posted:

twas, he played the same role in Fury Road

He had a baby brother!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also Furiosa rocked

He's been primarily an actor for awhile now since the WWE and wrestling in general didn't pan out for him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

He's been primarily an actor for awhile now since the WWE and wrestling in general didn't pan out for him.

Don't forget his bold MMA career, 0-1, losing to the then 0-2 Koji Kitao on Pride 1

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Roughly, how much are wrestlers heights exaggerated by? Do some wrestlers wear lifts in their boots to appear taller?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sometimes 6 inches or more and yeah, tons of them

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Roughly, how much are wrestlers heights exaggerated by? Do some wrestlers wear lifts in their boots to appear taller?

Typically 2-3 inches, more for taller guys with Andre's height being exaggerated by 7 inches.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Two 6 foot tall men standing next to each other

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Two 6 foot tall men standing next to each other

Obligatory

https://youtu.be/y2Td2CTuiVY

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Neither did Strongman.

Do not look up his arm wrestling match vs. Magnus Samuelsson.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also Furiosa rocked
100% and 110%

Though Nathan you realize you were playing a younger version of yourself right, should probably have had even more energy than the first time around

C. Everett Koop posted:

Neither did Strongman.

Do not look up his arm wrestling match vs. Magnus Samuelsson.
Jesus I saw that around the time it happened, I had NO IDEA that was Nathan Jones all this time. I just knew that was the moment I realized physical size was perhaps less related to strength than I assumed

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Please refer to him by his proper moniker which is The Colossus of Boggo Road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Also, inexplicably, Nathan Jones is the inspiration for the Tellen character Marduk