Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I'm paring down my collection and want to get rid of a bunch of marvel legends (among other things).

Before I send it to the throws of ebay, I wanted to check if any goons out there want any of these. $20/fig but negotiable (don't want to split any BAFs tho). PMs are open. If people are nice, I'll probably throw in other stuff I'm getting rid of for free (mostly a mighty mugg or two).

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in this thread before but mods if this isn't kosher, let me know and I'll take it down/move it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'd take that Kitty and Captain Marvel, though I don't need the BAF part from Kitty.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Getting rid of a hot toys starboost iron man if someone wants it. Was going for 220 shipped in the US but I'll knock :tenbux: off if you pay by friends/family on paypal.

It's complete, with shipper. Just need cash, otherwise I'd keep him. It's my favorite design.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’ve been to a few Walmarts and Targets now and I still haven’t seen any of the Black Panther wave 2. There’s loads of older waves hanging around, and the Captain Marvel wave too, but none of what I want. :(

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been to a few Walmarts and Targets now and I still haven’t seen any of the Black Panther wave 2. There’s loads of older waves hanging around, and the Captain Marvel wave too, but none of what I want. :(

Have you checked Barnes and Noble? The one near me gets a weird assortment, was able to find a Spider-Punk there the other night.

RevKrule posted:

I'm paring down my collection and want to get rid of a bunch of marvel legends (among other things).

Before I send it to the throws of ebay, I wanted to check if any goons out there want any of these. $20/fig but negotiable (don't want to split any BAFs tho). PMs are open. If people are nice, I'll probably throw in other stuff I'm getting rid of for free (mostly a mighty mugg or two).

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in this thread before but mods if this isn't kosher, let me know and I'll take it down/move it.

If they’re still available I’ll take the Rogue, Phoenix and Spider-Gwen.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If they’re still available I’ll take the Rogue, Phoenix and Spider-Gwen.
Rogue got dib'd but Phoenix and Spider-Gwen are available.

40 for the pair? Paypal is username @ hotmail (also feel free to use it to email me questions and poo poo).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RevKrule posted:

Rogue got dib'd but Phoenix and Spider-Gwen are available.

40 for the pair? Paypal is username @ hotmail (also feel free to use it to email me questions and poo poo).

Sure, I’ll send the money when I have a moment

Edit: Sent

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 16, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Travelled down to Fargo, ND this weekend for eats and shopping. No trace of the NECA TMNT set. :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Didn't we have an ultraman fan goon in here?

Just found out about this guy. Looks pretty neat. Decent price too (bout $150)

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Didn't we have an ultraman fan goon in here?

Just found out about this guy. Looks pretty neat. Decent price too (bout $150)

I'm a pretty huge ultraman fan so that might be me.

It does indeed look awesome, I'm curious how it stacks up next to the Sentinel release from a few years ago, which are going for 3 or 4 time this price now.

So far bandai's done two 1:12 scale models of this design and it's companion from the manga that were fantastic, really hoping they'll do a proper figuarts version soon once adaptation launches on netflix next month.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NECA doing a new Jason?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yes! FvJ Jason!

I hope they do an FvJ Freddy. They haven’t updated that one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

This is such a great figure. My only quibble is that his belt unhooks really easily around the back. Doesn’t fall off, just unhooks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CelticPredator posted:

gently caress yes! FvJ Jason!

I hope they do an FvJ Freddy. They haven’t updated that one.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/03/22/freddy-vs-jason-ultimate-jason-voorhees-figure-by-neca-toys-340364

The box certainly looks like it's being made to pair up with another one.

It also means Kane Hodder's Jasons are the only ones they haven't done.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 22, 2019

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Davros1 posted:

https://news.toyark.com/2019/03/22/freddy-vs-jason-ultimate-jason-voorhees-figure-by-neca-toys-340364

The box certainly looks like it's being made to pair up with another one.

It also means Kane Hodder's Jasons are the only ones they haven't done.

I haven't gotten a NECA Jason figure yet because I was kinda hoping they'd do a FvJ one, I'll definitely be grabbing that. the flame effect for the machete is pretty inspired.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Speaking of Jason, I just got the Mezco one yesterday:

Mezco it's really getting better with every new release. I know it's hard to justify spending 80 bucks on a Jason figure when the NECA ones exist and cost around $25, but this really feels like a premium product.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I know a few people in here are fans of dragonball / figuarts in general. My Great Saiyaman just came in and it is by far the best figure in the line imo. They did some poo poo with the ankle articulation, I think to be able to get him into his ridiculous poses, but it's a huge improvement. The sculpt is fantastic, particularly on the ssj2 head which looks amazing. Four different heads, swappable cape with a little tab to cover up the hole in his back if you want to display him with it off. Even a swappable left arm below the elbow so you can switch out the saiyaman watch arm. The Amazon pre order still doesn't come out for another month but absolutely pick it up if you're interested. Between this and Mr Satan as well as Super Buu on the way, which also looks great, figuarts is crushing it this year.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hate the cape, though. It’s hard to get it on in the first place, and the bendy straps don’t hold firm to the body, so they just kinda dangle. Everything else is great, but the cape is garbage.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Nanigans posted:

I hate the cape, though. It’s hard to get it on in the first place, and the bendy straps don’t hold firm to the body, so they just kinda dangle. Everything else is great, but the cape is garbage.

Yeah you're actually right about that. Would've been nice if they'd put some magnets under the chest or something and some small ones on the cape connections. Or even some small pegs on the cape as there are already those little divets in the chest where the cape actually breaks off in the manga. I guess some sticky tack will do the trick when I eventually commit to a pose.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Cape-for-Bandai-SHF-Great-Saiyman-No-Figure/123675963030?hash=item1ccba96e96:g:DHcAAOSwfHBcfrck

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I shouldn’t have to pay for some after market piece for the figure to look okay.

To be fair, even in the official shots, the cape was the same. They never covered it up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I mean yeah, Figuarts rarely does cloth goods and their capes often suck, so it's not much of a surprise.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OTOH it's just $20 and it'll make you happy. :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is really cool.

https://twitter.com/shinohara_kenta/status/1109895065772527616

https://twitter.com/shinohara_kenta/status/1106377584227450880

There's more of his stuff in the Kotaku article: https://kotaku.com/collectable-figures-make-for-excellent-stop-motion-anim-1833567012

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

OTOH it's just $20 and it'll make you happy. :)

$20 isn’t a lot, but it is in terms of figures. It just kinda sucks a $60+ figure could get so much right and one major thing wrong. But that’s action figures for ya.

Anyway, I’ve recently gotten into easy mods using WCF heads for my SH Figuarts Dragon Ball guys. They scale really well and are drat easy to mod in a lot of cases. For characters who often have so many little new looks, it beats buying a whole figure or even crossing your fingers that a certain figure will ever be made. You usually just pop off the WCF head, use an exacto knife (or rotary tool if you have one) to clean it up, and this plastic stuff “ouyu-pla” to mold the head onto whichever neck peg.

If an idiot like me can do it, anyone can.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Not sure if anybody wants these but you can buy the NECA TMNT 89 movie knock offs from AliExpress for really cheap:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SET...1a-24524ddedd6c

No clue about the quality, paint or whatever else but hey, if you want the base bodies for customs or something similar, there you go.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok, now let them do the cartoon ones I never could find.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

Ok, now let them do the cartoon ones I never could find.

May want to keep checking Target, they're supposedly still being stocked but damned if I haven't seen them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There’s a ton at my target but 55 bux a pop!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

e:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I don't even think my local Target gets NECA stuff, despite having a section for it. There's a single, sad, blister pack of some kind of NECA stand collection for figures, but everything else is either McFarlane or Funko. I checked every day for a few weeks, and nothing had even moved on the shelves, so I suspect they either haven't gotten them or they were sold/taken directly from the back.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Not sure if anybody wants these but you can buy the NECA TMNT 89 movie knock offs from AliExpress for really cheap:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SET...1a-24524ddedd6c

No clue about the quality, paint or whatever else but hey, if you want the base bodies for customs or something similar, there you go.

I've seen Aliexpress come up in other places as a good store to buy knock offs from. I'm guessing it's safe to buy from them? I mean as far as giving information to them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've seen Aliexpress come up in other places as a good store to buy knock offs from. I'm guessing it's safe to buy from them? I mean as far as giving information to them.

Yeah, may take a while to get your stuff but they're reliable. Only thing I see that's wrong with those KOs outside, y'know, being KOs, is the paint on their upper lips looks like poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're basically like ebay, while all the vendors are 3rd parties the company itself will take care of you if something goes wrong.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

I got a set of the TMNT Classics turtles KOs a couple of years ago, and they're decent enough, but the joints are really, REALLY gummy and almost too weak to stand up on their own power.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's a really good thread in GBS for Ali; it's fantastic and people find and order the weirdest things. Ali has been good to me for all the small things I've ordered, however, sometimes things can take up to a month to arrive. I ordered 4 watch straps on the same day and I got 3 of them in a week. The fourth one still hasn't shown up and it's been 3. lol

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found the Loki/Corvus Glaive 2-pack this morning at Wal-Mart. Then my wife surprises me with the entire armored Thanos wave.

Today is a good toy day.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waited 20 years for something like this lol

One of the most fun Hot Toys

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I recently did a thing that I’m pretty proud of since I am the least coordinated person and have always sucked at things requiring precision.

One of my Figuarts was pretty badly sun damaged and I tried warm water, alcohol and even acetone to fix it to no avail.

So I finally broke down and grabbed some satin paint and a brush and tried my first hand at painting a figure and am really pleased with the result.

The spots are gone and the finish is without lumps or anything, and I “stayed inside the lines” and didn’t have any spillover. I know this is like baby-tier stuff, but I’m happy I didn’t have to rebuy this (now very expensive) figure.

One more on the shelf:

So if I can do it, you can too. Be patient, be meticulous, and be brave. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That looks great! Awesome work!