Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Tenebrais posted:

Zimmy has red eyes. I assume Jack has just decided to settle for someone similar to her.
Kinda half Zimmy half Annie I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, dating a girl who looks just like Zimmy. Still weird, but at least it's a more mundane level of weird.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's creepy, but a relatively normal level of creepy.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The only way that could possibly be Zimmy is if Jack suddenly developed the ability to suppress her powers better than Gamma can. I can't think of any other reason Zimmy would be hanging all over some guy instead of her.

Also there's the eye colour thing

Edit: I guess the other possibility is that her reality-bending powers are already at work here, she thinks Jack is Gamma, her eyes looking normal is part of the illusion, and none of this cruise ship stuff is even real :v:

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 25, 2014

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Oh come on, that's not Zimmy.

It's CLEARLY Eglamore.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

The only way that could possibly be Zimmy is if Jack suddenly developed the ability to suppress her powers better than Gamma can. I can't think of any other reason Zimmy would be hanging all over some guy instead of her.

Also there's the eye colour thing

Well once she opens her mouth, we'll be sure - you cannot reverse shark teeth.
And if it is Zimmy, then there is the most important question: WHERE'S GAMMA?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Well, the text bubbles do seem to be the same colour and Zimmy does refer to Annie as "Carver."

I hope it's Zimmy, if only because it seems that she is more adjusted and happy and yet the internet will complain about it, like it's a bad thing that this good thing has happened to her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zerilan posted:

The goatee.

e:f,b

that is not a goatee that is a douchetee

I never hated Jack the way other people tend to; all of his evil moments were really under the influence, and he seemed pretty cool when confronted with Annie's total arsehole moves at the night party. But I gotta say that polo shirt and facial hair are not making a good impression.

Then again, he's fifteen, we all have terrible facial hair lack of judgement at that age.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 25, 2014

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Roger Explosion posted:

Well, the text bubbles do seem to be the same colour and Zimmy does refer to Annie as "Carver."

That was Jack speaking though.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Kikas posted:

Well once she opens her mouth, we'll be sure - you cannot reverse shark teeth.
And if it is Zimmy, then there is the most important question: WHERE'S GAMMA?

Its Zimmy Gamma they merged in order to control Zimmys powers completely and as a side effect fixed her teeth eyes and skin.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Interesting that it looks like the Court borders directly onto the ocean.

I have a strange feeling that it's gonna turn out that's not the Atlantic after all. :tinfoil:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Wyld Karde posted:

Yeah, dating a girl who looks just like Zimmy. Still weird, but at least it's a more mundane level of weird.

Dating a girl who looks like Zimmy and is throwing up gang sings, you mean? :pseudo:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well from what I recall, and by recall mean "noticed while re-reading the comic this morning", Jack is pretty good with tech, he copied Kat's method of sneaking through the corridors at night in "Power Station" he build signal transmitters that the girls used to sneak out in Fairway Morning, he helped the laser cows and taught them how to make the cage surrounding the house. Since he was studying the Ether gathering plant so closely, maybe he figured out a way to make some sort of an etheral dampener for Zimmy to keep her "world go crazy" powers in check.
A far-fetched theory, but we've seen crazier.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Wittgen posted:

Also, why does Jack seem like such an incredible douchebag?

Wittgen posted:

A teenage boy
You answered the question before you even asked :v:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cathead posted:

That was Jack speaking though.
But his speech bubble's green and 'heyyy, Caver' is in Zimmy's colour. wait no it's not. Zimmy's is more pink-ish.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 25, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is it. This is the scariest page in Gunnerkrigg Court.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MikeJF posted:

that is not a goatee that is a douchetee

I never hated Jack the way other people tend to; all of his evil moments were really under the influence, and he seemed pretty cool when confronted with Annie's total arsehole moves at the night party. But I gotta say that polo shirt and facial hair are not making a good impression.

Then again, he's fifteen, we all have terrible facial hair lack of judgement at that age.

Jack is my favorite character and I am really glad to see him again. The argument between Jack and Annie at the party is probably my favorite scene too.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Jack is my favorite secondary character but Annie needs to fire elemental and burn that chin scruff off his face

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The twist: She's Janet.

Edit: It's actually entirely possible that some girl had a crush on Jack and styled herself to look like the kind of girl he's into. Remember he's from Thornhill so would have a whole social circle that has nothing to do with the characters we know.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 25, 2014

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Edit: It's actually entirely possible that some girl had a crush on Jack and styled herself to look like the kind of girl he's into. Remember he's from Thornhill so would have a whole social circle that has nothing to do with the characters we know.

No he isn't, he's from Queslett. He's probably from the South class tho, as Kat said "we knew Jack's class is gonna be here too" when they went out to the laser cow fields.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 25, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You know how they said fairies always become women when they become human? Maybe Annie didn't know that when she was with her crush last summer.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Aw dang dogg that goatee is hella wispy, so wispy that a spider covets...

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy

Roger Explosion posted:

But his speech bubble's green and 'heyyy, Caver' is in Zimmy's colour. wait no it's not. Zimmy's is more pink-ish.

Tom edited it, he probably forgot to keep the colours consistent and people got confused. It's Jack talking.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
Best part is Annie noticing him and desperately trying to get away before he can say hello.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maybe it's just because I read it before even having my first sip of coffee, but I hadn't even considered the possibility that that wasn't a drastically changed Zimmy. Now I'll be looking forward to next week even more than usual to hopefully clear up my confusion.

Whoever it is, she looks nice though. :3:

if it is her, where is Gamma?
:ohdear:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

Well from what I recall, and by recall mean "noticed while re-reading the comic this morning", Jack is pretty good with tech, he copied Kat's method of sneaking through the corridors at night in "Power Station" he build signal transmitters that the girls used to sneak out in Fairway Morning, he helped the laser cows and taught them how to make the cage surrounding the house. Since he was studying the Ether gathering plant so closely, maybe he figured out a way to make some sort of an etheral dampener for Zimmy to keep her "world go crazy" powers in check.
A far-fetched theory, but we've seen crazier.

It would parallel Anthony's hypothetical plans regarding Annie.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

a kitten posted:

Maybe it's just because I read it before even having my first sip of coffee, but I hadn't even considered the possibility that that wasn't a drastically changed Zimmy. Now I'll be looking forward to next week even more than usual to hopefully clear up my confusion.

Whoever it is, she looks nice though. :3:

if it is her, where is Gamma?
:ohdear:

I really don't think it's Zimmy, but it would kinda be cool to see her looking so normal now.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I hadn't even considered the idea that this was Zimmy until I looked at this thread. I mean, Zimmy, without Gamma, in the sunlight, at that height, wearing different clothes, with a different skin tone, with an eyebrow piercing, with different color eyes, touching another human being voluntarily, participating in a group activity, smiling?

Nah.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
It's not Zimmy you GIGANTIC GOONS.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

If it is Zimmy or even remotely related to her somehow this is going to turn into a Cruise Ship Terror Mission.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Well if it's not Zimmy then Annie should burn her to ash and claim Jack as her own.

Remember what Ysengrin taught you Annie! They only respect strength! Take what you want!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Bwahahahahahahahaha! Jack you dumb. I mean, yeah, hopefully this works out, but having seen this kinda thing dozens of times before, it likely won't. No one wants to be someone's silver medal.

Also she's got Mega Man character hands.

Tenebrais posted:

Isn't her father the warden headmaster? Maybe that's her natural skin tone and she's been using make-up the whole time.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 25, 2014

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I enjoy the aging all the characters go through. I know it is also artwork changes but dang Gunnerkrigg does a fantastic job of establishing consistent time.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Dammit Internet the only thing that is similar between Zimmy and mystery girl is the messy black hair.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I feel like this event might be strong enough to summon the shade of chibisoma.

Meowjesty posted:

It's not Zimmy you GIGANTIC GOONS.

I don't think it's her either but there's no need to go all :supaburn: about it.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Blackheart posted:

I feel like this event might be strong enough to summon the shade of chibisoma.

I don't think it's her either but there's no need to go all :supaburn: about it.

Well there was no need to go all :supaburn: while introducing herself to the forest denizens either, but Annie still did it :colbert:

Look I just want Annie to burn some poo poo again, is that too much to ask?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
If this is the kind of cliffhanger he uses to open this chapter, I wonder how it's going to end? :v:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Well there was no need to go all :supaburn: while introducing herself to the forest denizens either, but Annie still did it :colbert:

Look I just want Annie to burn some poo poo again, is that too much to ask?

Well but Ysengrin's army were being gigantic goons at the moment so it was necessary.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Edward_Tohr posted:

If this is the kind of cliffhanger he uses to open this chapter, I wonder how it's going to end? :v:

The kids take over the ship with the aid of some laser dolphins and take to a life of piracy. It'll be awesome. :yarr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
They don't know which ocean it is because it is contained entirely within the Court.