Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's going to turn out that Kale is from U7 after all, just got lost in some exchange program, and all lady Saiyans can go LSSJ

The reign of Pan is to be cherished and feared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait for Caulifla to reach Super Saiyan Rose mid-tournament

I hope she gets a completely new transformation and doesn't quite realize that even Vegeta and Goku have no idea what the gently caress.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Pfft, they aren't lesbians. Lots of people kiss their good friend & roommate on the lips after receiving a thoughtful gift. They're just polite is all it is.

For real though, hasn't anime developed a weird cultural thing like "sure, every girl is a little gay when they're 15, but you grow out of it"? Or am I over-generalizing based on the only shoujo I know of being queer as hell?

I'm not sure about that, but they remind me of the typical girl delinquent gang that pops up in school manga/anime. More often than not, there'll be an underling secretly in love with her gang leader.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am willing to bet that none of the people who are care mad about the Universe 6 saiyans are actually japanese :laugh:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

I am willing to bet that none of the people who are care mad about the Universe 6 saiyans are actually japanese :laugh:

I don't know they are just as homophobic as us.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Speaking of cultural differences, something that really caught my attention is that a quite a part of the latin american fanbase prefers manga zamasu's arc over the anime.

Like they are really mad about Trunks asspulling the Mafuba and the Genkidama sword in the anime, but they are completely ok with him becoming a level 99 cleric with absolutely no build up :psyduck:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He didn't even asspull the Mafuba, Bulma literally recorded Piccolo doing it.

Thinking about it, why did Piccolo even know that? Did he use it in DB for whatever reason?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

Thinking about it, why did Piccolo even know that? Did he use it in DB for whatever reason?

Piccolo uses it in Dragonball, yes, against Kami

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

He absorbed Kami who used it in DB.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Momomo posted:

Learned memory from his dad?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Momomo posted:

I mean.

Piccolo saw it being used several times.

edit - also what everyone else said.

What's this about Trucks being "a level 99 cleric" in the manga?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's worth noting:

The reason the Mafuba doesn't kill anyone in Super is because of that too. Kami and Piccolo both know a variation that is non-lethal specifically made so they could defeat the other without killing themselves.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's fine, she won't kill anyone.

Except Cabba.

I really appreciated how Caulifla barely brought herself to care that Kale was trying to brutally murder Cabba.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 4, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Piccolo also developed a reverse of it, so it stands to reason he knew how to control it on some level.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean.

Piccolo saw it being used several times.

edit - also what everyone else said.

What's this about Trucks being "a level 99 cleric" in the manga?

He trained with a Kai which means he can heal now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dexo posted:

He trained with a Kai which means he can heal now.

wh

why is the Super manga so stupid

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They should teach everyone Mafuba, it seems to be unblockable. They don't need a jar they could just fling them off the tournament stage.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gohan is also one now probably in the manga

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rutibex posted:

They should teach everyone Mafuba, it seems to be unblockable. They don't need a jar they could just fling them off the tournament stage.

That precludes the notion that the other tournament fighters are evil.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

wh

Some people like it more than super, it's baffling.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

wh

Making poo poo up as you go along is pretty much quintessential Dragon Ball. See also: The real secret of Super Saiyanhood is tingly back muscles.

The problem is that it's just more satisfying to have Trunks asspull a new transformation to keep up with the power curve to fight to protect his own universe and kinda sorta come the closest to actually killing his villain, whereas Trunks asspulling healing powers just to boost up Goku makes him feel like a side character in a story arc that is ostensibly centered around him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's other stuff that the manga has as far as problems beyond "rear end pulls", though. There's also Black being a total wet fart of a villain when his anime version was praised so highly for Masako's performance, completely making the U6 tournament more one sided than the anime ever was, and Toyotaro's weird insistance on making super saiyan god work completely different in the manga for no raisin.

Also, the weirdness of him plagiarizing his own fancomic and leaning so heavily on nods to actual stuff from Toriyama's artwork???

I don't get why so many people insist this is the superior version of Super. It feels like it's even more of the Goku and Vegeta show, which a lot of people apparently criticized but Toyotaro decided to double down on and now those same people are going "YEAH THAT'S THE poo poo SHOW THE ANIME HOW IT'S DONE".

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How many lives could Trunks have saved with his healing powers.

Trunks....your inaction makes you a bigger murderer than Zamasu, imo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What made me laugh harder is how Trunks realizes he can goddamn heal. It was like the equivalent of TFS Goku remembering he can instant transmission.
And it showed flashback panels of oh this is how Mai,etc them actually survived. The manga is such crap.

I p much was like nope when the manga didn't use SB Kaioken against hit. Like the most hype thing in the anime and you go with something more lame.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 4, 2017

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Add to this that healer doesn't fit Trunks character at all, while angry force of will who acts without thinking of the consequences does. Future Trunks is probably closest to the heroic archetype the show has, and that this leads to him still loving up a lot is most of his charm.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Cauliflaua is awesome and her delinquent voice owns and Kale owns and Cabba owns

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Squallege posted:

Cauliflaua is awesome and her delinquent voice owns and Kale owns and Cabba owns

Yeah there relationship has had like one episode and it's probably the most interesting dynamic since Gohan/Videl.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Speaking of which, when was the last episode we saw her? Has she gone for Launch?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Speaking of which, when was the last episode we saw her? Has she gone for Launch?

She had a two parter right before the universal arc.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lezard_valeth posted:

She's with Chichi in MOM HELL. Bulma avoided it because Pilaf raises her kids.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah she was in the Gohan recruitment part of the initial tournament arc. She told Goku to let him fight.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

She's with Chichi in MOM HELL. Bulma avoided it because Pilaf raises her kids.

Calling it now, Pilaf takes advantage of this unique opportunity (everyone being distracted by the tournament of power, and/or guarding rare animal islands) to finally make his move. He has built a new dragon radar in his spare time, and was waiting for the perfect moment to use it.

When the victorious fighters return they will have to contend with Pilaf, Emperor of Earth.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Shindragon posted:

What made me laugh harder is how Trunks realizes he can goddamn heal. It was like the equivalent of TFS Goku remembering he can instant transmission.
And it showed flashback panels of oh this is how Mai,etc them actually survived. The manga is such crap.

I p much was like nope when the manga didn't use SB Kaioken against hit. Like the most hype thing in the anime and you go with something more lame.

That was actually really good though?

Both the Mai and Gowasu things looked really silly on first glance. They get severely wounded, look like they are dead until Trunks runs over and grabs them, only for them to have narrowly survived. Looks like a total cop out of first blush when it is actually clever foreshadowing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

"Clever foreshadowing"

Like i said before the manga is just Super with the good parts removed. It's weirdly pointless.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 4, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

Calling it now, Pilaf takes advantage of this unique opportunity (everyone being distracted by the tournament of power, and/or guarding rare animal islands) to finally make his move. He has built a new dragon radar in his spare time, and was waiting for the perfect moment to use it.

When the victorious fighters return they will have to contend with Pilaf, Emperor of Earth.

It's Pilaf, though. Has he ever had a plan that hasn't backfired hilariously?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Haven't read the manga yet, but Trunks gaining healing powers doesn't bother me as much as Goku apparently being the one to finish things instead of him. I see the healing as the Super equivalent of Goku randomly gaining the power to read minds.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Momomo posted:

Haven't read the manga yet, but Trunks gaining healing powers doesn't bother me as much as Goku apparently being the one to finish things instead of him. I see the healing as the Super equivalent of Goku randomly gaining the power to read minds.

He also owns hit hard in the tourney.

Whoever writes the manga loving loves Goku.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Kinda funny considering "make me tougher even though I lose" was a line in the opening for like 70 episodes, and is pretty much Goku's MO for Super.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pilaf's next attempt at world conquest will be stopped by the most frustrating thing possible: toddler Pan asking "Why?" over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dealing with Pilaf ruling the world will be a one part gag episode.

• Locked thread