Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Yo weren't you able to send yourself items through the Global Link site? Is that just not a thing anymore? I liked that feature...

Ah, as always with Pokemon games, one step forward, two steps back. I really like Poke Pelago and being able to AFK EV train Pokemon and farm berries is probably one of the best things they ever added, alas. I'm sure it will be removed in the next game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Countblanc posted:

Your mismagius dying to knock off isn't the result of bad IVs
People think that good IVs mean like 95% of stats for some reason, rather than 20%.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I finished breeding all the Synchronize Abras I need and I've got some extras. If anyone wants some, let me know.
4x Timid
3x Impish
3x Careful
1x Calm
3x Jolly
FC: 0104-3485-9320, In-Game name: Parsley
I'll take any trash you have in return but if you happen to have any spare beast ball or HA mons then I'd appreciate it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

especially at level 30-60

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Whew. I had been avoiding this thread since the demo dropped, but I finally caught up again! I beat the game this weekend. This was my team:

Nyasha banks, Villeplee, Firedancer, Yuki, Great Wroggi, and Pikaboo.

Of course those were just the guys I brought to the Pokemon League. In total I used 15-18 guys on rotation with the EXP Share on at all times. I actually ended up slightly underlevelled and had the hardest time I've ever had against the Elite Four since like... Gen1.

I ran out of Revives! Against Kukui it was down to just Great Wroggi and Villeplee against his last two Pokemon. Wroggi hung on by 1 HP TWICE (thanks, Pokemon Refresh!) letting her take out his second to last Pokemon with Toxic. Then Villeplee finished off his Ninetales with Flash Cannon. Phew! Really tense. Great game!

Now I'm at the tail end of the Ultra Beast quest. I've bred a few things but nothing terribly interesting. I've been using Castforms to be lazy about filling up my Alola Dex. Next I'll be going after the Tapus.

I am also very interested in these Beast Ball and Apricorn Ball Pokemon that people have worked so hard to get, but I have practically nothing to offer for them. :( And I would want like.... all of them for my collection. Might have to wait until Bank updates. I have tons of good stuff in Bank to give people!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yo, your Dratini is ready and I'm online.

my friend code is 3926-6017-3031 and my in game name is Omoly.

edit:

Thank you!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 8, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Next I'll be going after the Tapus.

If you care enough about the Tapus to soft reset for good ones you can use castform to trade for buzzwole (or other UBs but i had the best luck with buzz) and then trading Buzz for the Tapus

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Just barely passed the Ghost trial by the skin of my teeth. Good God, I only knew mimikyu from the fanart. I didn't expect it to be that fast or that strong. The totem just used Play Rough over and loving over again to 1-shot my team as fast as I could revive them until I ran out of Revives and Pokemon... except for one. A level 28 Chansey from the in-game Happiny trade that I took along just to evolve. By this point, the totem was out of uses for Play Rough, and all its other moves were Ghost-type so it couldn't inflict damage. However, Chansey also lacked a direct attack move. So I spent 10 minutes spamming Copycat in-between turns spent asleep due to Hypnosis, in the hopes that one of the two ghosts would use Night Shade beforehand. It worked. Mimikyu fell with 3 uses of Copycat remaining before the battle would be locked into an unwinnable state for me.

Not my finest hour, but a win is a win. Mimikyu is a fuckin' beast tho'. Ghost type remains best type.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yo, your Dratini is ready and I'm online.

my friend code is 3926-6017-3031 and my in game name is Omoly.

Okay. Which one of us should send the trade request?

e: Thanks a lot!

How Ingratiating! fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 8, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Does anyone have a (gen 6) 6IV ditto sitting around that they don't need anymore? I let my friend borrow mine to jumpstart his breeding campaign but he's taking forever. I have a trick room ditto i can use but it's kind of a pain in the butt because I don't actually want slow pokemon right now.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Silver Falcon posted:

Whew. I had been avoiding this thread since the demo dropped, but I finally caught up again! I beat the game this weekend. This was my team:

Nyasha banks, Villeplee, Firedancer, Yuki, Great Wroggi, and Pikaboo.

I am also very interested in these Beast Ball and Apricorn Ball Pokemon that people have worked so hard to get, but I have practically nothing to offer for them. :( And I would want like.... all of them for my collection. Might have to wait until Bank updates. I have tons of good stuff in Bank to give people!

My Mimikyu is also Pikaboo and my Ninetales is Yukimarimo. How do you do, fellow good names friend? :tipshat:

Also at this point, speaking for myself at least, I'm totally willing to give away good Pokemon for trashmon in return. Don't feel like you have nothing to contribute so you shouldn't be trading with the big boys and girls.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Pakled posted:

I finished breeding all the Synchronize Abras I need and I've got some extras. If anyone wants some, let me know.
4x Timid
3x Impish
3x Careful
1x Calm
3x Jolly
I'll take any trash you have in return but if you happen to have any spare beast ball or HA mons then I'd appreciate it.

I'd gladly take a set of one of each! I've been avoiding UB and Tapu hunting due to not having all the synchros I need, and these will be just perfect.

Here's some Beast Ball babies I got on hand: How do Vulpix (HA), Eevee (HA), Bounsweet, Sneasel, and Snivy, all in Beast Balls sound?

FC's 3668-7290-5168, and IGN's Tzu.

Silver Falcon posted:

We've been poke-lady-bros for like ever, Silver. I don't have a ton of time for breeding until at least Sunday, but let me know if there's anything from my lists (on the Great Goon Pretty Ball Spreadsheet) that you're jonesing for first, and we can find time to trade next week! Anything at all. :)

Squats fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 8, 2016

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I still stand by my Mimikyu name of "Mimi D Cute*" (Mimi the Cutestar) as the best. :colbert:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Just caught a shiny Spearow in the wild! And it was holding a Sharp Beak which is a 5% chance!! And it's not loving Adamant despite me leading with my Adamant Abra!!! What are the odds of this scenario??

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Pakled posted:

4x Timid
3x Impish
3x Careful
1x Calm
3x Jolly
I'd like one of those Impish ones, please. Got a bunch of Beast Ball spare scattered through my PC.

FC: 0834-4483-9578
IGN: noto

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
A good Mimikyu name would be Turin.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

notoriousman posted:

I'd like one of those Impish ones, please. Got a bunch of Beast Ball spare scattered through my PC.

FC: 0834-4483-9578
IGN: noto

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I'd gladly take a set of one of each! I've been avoiding UB and Tapu hunting due to not having all the synchros I need, and these will be just perfect.

Here's some Beast Ball babies I got on hand: How do Vulpix (HA), Eevee (HA), Bounsweet, Sneasel, and Snivy, all in Beast Balls sound?

FC's 3668-7290-5168, and IGN's Tzu.

Added you both, I'm online right now. And yeah, those all sound good to me :toot:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Who is the best physically defensive wall currently available? I guess still Skarmory? Vullaby sucks because of fairies now.... I'm not sure. I miss Hippowdon :(

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Pakled posted:

Added you both, I'm online right now. And yeah, those all sound good to me :toot:

Thank you kindly, goonsir. :cheers:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Who is the best physically defensive wall currently available? I guess still Skarmory? Vullaby sucks because of fairies now.... I'm not sure. I miss Hippowdon :(

Celesteela does pretty well. Lower base DEF but more HP as well as boosts.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Mandibuzz are infamous for hunting and eating Cubone in alola, so the Cubone evolves into..a ghost type.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

spit on my clit posted:

Mandibuzz are infamous for hunting and eating Cubone in alola, so the Cubone evolves into..a ghost type.

At least Ghost is capable of hurting a Mandibuzz, Ground types are completely hosed unless their move is named Thousand Arrows.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The Shortest Path posted:

Celesteela does pretty well. Lower base DEF but more HP as well as boosts.

Compared to Skarmory, Celesteela trades reliable recovery (IE Roost) for good special defense and a real offensive threat in Heavy Slam.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's toxapex

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I've got 5 level 61 Meowths with Pickup and still no destiny knot. :(

I even spent like 3 hours at level 25 and level 40 with exp share turned off in case there were level brackets to the pickup items.

Edit: Strike another for the 'complain on the internet' rule of probability. Finally can start breeding.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 8, 2016

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

So I know everyone here is on Sun and Moon, but since it's been a few years since I've played any gen 6 game and am looking for a bit of a break from post game Moon, I was thinking of playing x or Y through again. I'm kind of feeling nostalgic though for the original 151 so I was hoping someone might have eggs for the kanto starters plus a volt tackle pichu egg. I know I can GTS them but iirc with the extra exp that makes the game way too easy so I was hoping to be the OT. Beggars can't be choosers and all so no real expectation on stats, though hopefully I'd like to get at least neutral natures (if you have good natures that'd be awesome, but given that these are for a play through I'm not too worried)

I'm at work right now so I don't have my friend code, but if someone is able to help me out please let me know and I'll try to post that info when I'm able to.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

golden bubble posted:

Compared to Skarmory, Celesteela trades reliable recovery (IE Roost) for good special defense and a real offensive threat in Heavy Slam.

Leech Seed on both opposing mons on top of a Leftovers is plenty reliable! :hurr:

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Fellblade posted:

I've got 5 level 61 Meowths with Pickup and still no destiny knot. :(

I even spent like 3 hours at level 25 and level 40 with exp share turned off in case there were level brackets to the pickup items.

No strict brackets this time, just items you're "more likely" and "less likely" to pick up from the entire table. But I don't know if you're more likely to get knots in the 20s, 30s, 40s, and so on. I don't think anyone has cracked the rarity of items on the Pickup table yet.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I'm still going through the story, and I'm finding out rapidly that I'm ridiculously overlevelled due to the expshare, so I'm going to breed up a new team and train them up so that I'm not overlevelled. What do people normally expect to receive for a copy of their BB mons? I don't have any pokemon, but I've spent tons of time in festival Plaza, so I have a lot of good 5* booths and some bottle caps, if those mean anything.

I was looking for an Eevee (preferably HA), Dewpider, Diglett, Grimer, and Mimikyu.

Also, does the destiny knot have to be on the parent that has the high IVs or does it just mean that parents will pass 5 IVs down to the kid instead of 3?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Yukari posted:

I'm still going through the story, and I'm finding out rapidly that I'm ridiculously overlevelled due to the expshare, so I'm going to breed up a new team and train them up so that I'm not overlevelled. What do people normally expect to receive for a copy of their BB mons? I don't have any pokemon, but I've spent tons of time in festival Plaza, so I have a lot of good 5* booths and some bottle caps, if those mean anything.

I was looking for an Eevee (preferably HA), Dewpider, Diglett, Grimer, and Mimikyu.

Also, does the destiny knot have to be on the parent that has the high IVs or does it just mean that parents will pass 5 IVs down to the kid instead of 3?

Be aware that there's some pretty steep level jumps on the last island/last story stuff/elite 4 and that the enemy teams are actually pretty well put together. I kept XPshare on the whole time and didn't really trade in too many new pokemon and was about even or slightly lower and there were a couple people who said they would switch XPshare off and kind of panicked and had to grind a little on the last island.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yukari posted:

I've got HA Eevee in Heal, Luxury, Nest, Beast, and every Apricorn Ball so take your pick. Do you have a preferred nature?

I also have HA Grimer with some egg moves and 5IV Mimikyu in Luxury and Beast balls.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Note Block posted:

I've got HA Eevee in Heal, Luxury, Nest, Beast, and every Apricorn Ball so take your pick. Do you have a preferred nature?

I also have HA Grimer with some egg moves and 5IV Mimikyu in Luxury and Beast balls.

I know you were responding to another person but is there anything I could offer for an HA Luxury ball Eevee?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mef989 posted:

I know you were responding to another person but is there anything I could offer for an HA Luxury ball Eevee?

I am desperately on the hunt for Marill in a Lure ball, but other than that, just trashmons are fine! I can't think of anything I really need right now. I will also accept bottle caps, if someone happens to be overflowing with them. Just let me know the nature and I'll whip one up this evening.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Note Block posted:

Probably Beast Ball Modest. Thank you so much in advance.

3265-5893-6274

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Countblanc posted:

I know that. I meant more along the lines of, "anything that didnt just roast her with a thunderbolt had a dark move on hand to put her down".

My issue was her nearly crumpling under the weight of resisted hits. Maybe I was just really underlevelled? :shrug:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yukari posted:

Probably Beast Ball Modest. Thank you so much in advance.

3265-5893-6274

I will be online tonight after 8pm EST if that's ok! Did you also need the Grimer (Luxury) or Mimikyu (Luxury/Beast)?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Note Block posted:

I will be online tonight after 8pm EST if that's ok! Did you also need the Grimer (Luxury) or Mimikyu (Luxury/Beast)?

Sure. I also needed the Mimikyu in Beast ball. Just send me a PM with your FC info when you get home.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

I know that. I meant more along the lines of, "anything that didnt just roast her with a thunderbolt had a dark move on hand to put her down".

My issue was her nearly crumpling under the weight of resisted hits. Maybe I was just really underlevelled? :shrug:

Mismagius needs a colbur berry to avoid getting walloped by pursuit/sucker punch/knock off and practically nothing else will stop her from getting radically hurt by those.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

she has 60/60/105 defenses, like the spec def is decent but with that low of an hp pool attacks are gonna take a chunk out of her no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rainuwastaken posted:

I think a lot of bosses in SM have much better EV/IV spreads than whatever is the series standard. I can't even reliably grind the E4 for experience, because my level 85 Incineroar with well above average attack bonuses can't reliably KO pokémon 20 levels below it and gets knocked out in two hits.