Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rabbit Hill posted:

Is it just me, or do the tappable notes in these minigames not always correspond to notes in the music as you're hearing it? Meaning, there's nothing going on melodically or rhythmically that you could listen for as cues when to tap the note....you have to just use your eyes and watch when the circle hits the bottom line?

(Wait, maybe this is the case in the fan-made songs I was playing through, not the official ones. idk but it's annoying.)

I had to change the calibration by a stupid amount in order for the notes to line up properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Good news! The Xbox Gamepad, other than a funky RB button so the shortcut radial menu doesn't want to open consistently, otherwise seems to not have input issues!

The bad news is I'm so much slower that I wouldn't be able to tell! :smith:

Like, there's almost certainly a lot of content I've completed thus far I've only been able to complete because KB&M is that much faster for me. :stare: Like. its such a difference and with how difficult or unfair some content is, how did anyone using the gamepad exclusively ever beat this game?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So how is the story in the game going? Last I left off was post-Sumeru but pre-Dainsleif. I hear Fontaine is pretty good? Anything revolutionary and revealing in the story or is it just more of the same but good quality? No big shakeups of the status quo?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
By only using bows begrudgingly to solve a puzzle.

You eventually get used to the way they order units on the d-pad, and the map zoom being backwards this one's a lie.

e: ⇧⇧⇧ You get to go to jail, so there's that.
Also they actually make use of all the water, which is nice enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Good news! The Xbox Gamepad, other than a funky RB button so the shortcut radial menu doesn't want to open consistently, otherwise seems to not have input issues!

The bad news is I'm so much slower that I wouldn't be able to tell! :smith:

Like, there's almost certainly a lot of content I've completed thus far I've only been able to complete because KB&M is that much faster for me. :stare: Like. its such a difference and with how difficult or unfair some content is, how did anyone using the gamepad exclusively ever beat this game?

What

Game isn't hard, controller inputs are fine

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i've played exclusively with controller on Playstation with no real issue. It's not like the game's a competitive FPS that requires super precise and fast aiming.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I've played solely on controller as well and never had any problems. KB/M has (had?) some advantages specifically regarding bow characters and some quirks in aiming speed and more specifically in aim canceling normal attacks but that's mostly for silly challenge run stuff.

Now, phone controls on the other hand...

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Hyper Inferno posted:

I've played solely on controller as well and never had any problems. KB/M has (had?) some advantages specifically regarding bow characters and some quirks in aiming speed and more specifically in aim canceling normal attacks but that's mostly for silly challenge run stuff.

Now, phone controls on the other hand...

I play with controller. I might actually use archers as archers if they ever add gyro support.

Until that day, Fischl and Yelan are burst bots, and Ganyu does not exist for me.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Ganyu would be horrible with a controller except you get two full seconds to line up every shot. I remember a couple of old very time-critical bow challenges back in the day where I pretty much had to switch to a mouse, but the only time I switch these days is once a patch when I wind up doing the card game to max out the short battle pass week.

The only persistent controller annoyances are their insistence on No Dpads Allowed menu selection and the terrible flick-to-select radial menu design.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

librarerun posted:

I play with controller. I might actually use archers as archers if they ever add gyro support.

Until that day, Fischl and Yelan are burst bots, and Ganyu does not exist for me.

Maybe I just don't get gyro aiming, but even with it, I'm still not likely to hit a ruin robot in the eye. It's not terrible for making a very tiny adjustment, but having it on mostly means the camera moves in unexpected ways in random minigames, or I suddenly learn that I can aim a skill because i held the button a bit longer and now there's a cursor moving around.

Aiming on controller's fine if you don't particularly care about hitting weak points on big things, like if you're using tighnari or lyney, though.

Mailer posted:

Ganyu would be horrible with a controller except you get two full seconds to line up every shot. I remember a couple of old very time-critical bow challenges back in the day where I pretty much had to switch to a mouse, but the only time I switch these days is once a patch when I wind up doing the card game to max out the short battle pass week.

The only persistent controller annoyances are their insistence on No Dpads Allowed menu selection and the terrible flick-to-select radial menu design.

The radial isn't too terrible, but stuff like "L1+○" to use your gadget is annoying, since you can't just hold L1 and press ○ repeatedly. Thankfully you can use the sprint button to jump to another zipline point while you're in the air, otherwise you'd be in hell mashing L1+□ over and over. The d-pad thing is especially awful, since you can use it for dialogue choices and only that. Surely they could've used some other button for their various filters and submenus…

Unrelated to all of that, I've just noticed that all of these "humming" NPCs have their mouths open while doing so. Weird.

Also:

Mihoyo, listing devices where the game will look shittier as of ver. 5.0: posted:

iOS
Models with an A12 processor (or lower)

Android
Models with a Snapdragon 865, Dimensity 1200 (8050), Kirin 9000SL, or Samsung Exynos 1080 processor (or lower)

PlayStation®
PlayStation®4 Series (all)
https://www.hoyolab.com/article/28339202 They just tweeted that out a bit ago; I assume they mean something like restricted graphics options, but presumably that means you're probably going to have to turn poo poo down on pc, too.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think the big issue with the rhythm event is that it's 6 notes, most other rhythm games do 5 on expert, it's just way too much visual noise coming at you.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Genshin on PS5 has gyro aiming.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

When I started playing Genshin I modified my controller inputs to be as close to Breath of the Wild as possible, so it was the same controls I was used to from the last 200+ hours of wandering around an open world looking for treasures.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish Genshin had auto item pickup

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I decided to keep playing the game because I love the plunking sound of picking things up. I got made when joined a bunch of the smaller drops together.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Remember when loot wasn't grouped and you had to pick up literally every single piece individually? Strides have been made since.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Stare-Out posted:

Remember when loot wasn't grouped and you had to pick up literally every single piece individually? Strides have been made since.
Wasn't grouped in Domains, so you had to pick up every single individual piece of loot at the end of a domain or weapon run which was a lot sometimes. An even bigger nightmare in multiplayer because the host couldn't see what other players still had laying on the ground and could restart the run without some of the players even getting their loot if they were slow

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

RareAcumen posted:

you've fingered why Kazuha is permanently in my party

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Now that the second set of banners is known, I can keep burning daily pulls trying to C3 Arl while building pity, then save during the second half, yay.

The Character banners are pretty good and I would be pulling for the 4*s on them if I didn't already have all three at C6.

In terms of 5* characters:
- Baizhu is a very strong healer with full-team healing on his skill instead of just locked to his burst, which is nice for overworld teams, and has okay dendro app + reaction steroid plus weak shields in his burst.
- Wanderer is a fun active/dynamic hypercarry to play, if you like hypercarries, and has good overworld movement utility. Insert helicopter meme here.

In terms of 4* characters:
- Faruzan is to Wanderer what Sara is to Raiden, and works for Xiao or any other anemo you want to run onfield (heizou? dps sucrose? c6 lynette/kazuha?). Stack those cons! She's only really usable without 9001% ER at C6.
- Layla is the second strongest shielder in the game behind Zhong, with permanent uptime, and applies slow but consistent cryo over the duration which works great with Wanderer (infuse cryo for free crit) and has a minor attack steroid at C4.
- Beidou is Beidou - no other character has stronger multi-target electro application.

Weapon banner is lolskip as always. Wanderer's bell is quite nice on him, but not worth risking the healer catalyst.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Monday(lol) beta changes are here:

Clorinde: No :shrug:

However, in the time between the last update and now, I learned that apparently the Thundering Fury set DOES work with her. How wonderful! Clorinde's uptime has always been pretty similar to Hu Tao, who I've come to enjoy playing even less after trying Arle. Even tho she still won't have Arle's rotational freedom, it's definitively a step in the right direction (Hu Tao could do this too but it staples her to Fischl, and also she obviously gets less benefit from the set than an electro character would). Whatever amount of power she loses will definitively be worth it (for me)(also she might be stronger actually, I don't know)

The news is making me consider giving up on the 4.6 domain and just running Arle on gladiators forever tbh. Wasting so much resin on a marginal upgrade for a single character feels pretty bad :/

Sigewinne: Quill damage boost increased. Even tho this is unquestionably a buff, I think they're running into a dead end here. The boost is not strong enough to make her a good general skill-damage support, but if they increase the boost any more then it will benefit teams with her current BiS partner (Furina) too much. To the point that it'll probably staple her to Furina forever. :(

There are ways around this, such as having her give each party member their own individual quills (like Shenhe) but then you run into the problem where you have an off-field unit focused on buffing off-field units. Honestly, I don't like the design. If they wanted her to be a skill-damage support they needed to either have her be a self-sufficient onfield driver or have her quills apply to onfielders too. But I don't really have any hope that they'll actually try to broaden character roles in this way. Their new game mode is pretty much telling everyone "just pull for everyone lol" after all

Sethos: EM scaling on his elemental burst increased. Good for him I guess, I think I'm pretty much over burst transformation characters forever and his non-hyperbloom pure charge attack playstyle seems pretty weak to me (numerically). Oh well!

New banner order:
1st: Clorinde/Alhaitham
2nd: Sigewinne/Furina

All my nightmares are coming true. Clorinde and Alhaitham are the only characters left that I actively want and looking at the absolute state of my primo stash I MAY be able to guarantee ONE (1) of them. Time to win 2 early 50/50s in a row I guess :shepicide:

Clorinde/Alhaitham would have been a good weapons banner if I had spare primos, sad. The Winnie weapons banner is terrible and will be terrible forever because her being in it is what makes it terrible, sad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I'm having a weird problem where this website is an hour behind and I don't know how to fix it, does anyone have any potential fixes?
https://genshin.seekr.pw/home

Augus posted:

started playing this game again and lucked out getting arlecchino. she is the perfect character for me because she can just button mash to delete things without thinking too hard. also she’s cool.
I thought the story in the first few regions was kinda dumb and boring so I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Sumeru and Fontaine storylines got pretty wild. Kinda weird it took them until the fourth region to realize that it’s generally good for stories to revolve around characters who undergo some kind of change as a result of conflict but w/e. The Ace Attorney bits in Fontaine were fun and I like the underwater exploration they added

I think Sumeru was at the point where the money hit and they were able to start expanding on things, since the lack of armies clashing in the storyline of Inazuma was very obvious in how absent and integral it felt.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh wait a sec, looks like some more stuff coming in.

Looks like Sigewinne's bubble bounce application has been increased to effectively no ICD...? That's pretty decent tbh. A big win for Sigeheads (<-group of people that exists)

But unfortunately for the Sigeheads, running sone quick numbers showns that her quills might be harder to stack than I thought :/

Assuming you want to run Fav + Tenacity, you can't do it :|

Assuming you give up and run the 3 star recurve bow with 2Hp/2Hp... you still can't really do it :|

I think it'd probably be best to settle for Fav + ToM. It'll leave you at 50k Hp (with ok HP rolls and hydro resonance) and help you put Furina on a dps weapon while providing general support to the rest of the team. But if you don't want to waste time trying for ToM artifacts with crit rate substats, the three star recurve bow will leave you at ~57k, which is decent. You need to run 2Hp/2Hp with some pretty gross Hp% rolls on the flower and feather to make it to 65k. Oh I guess flat hp could help a little... but not too much.

Best just take what you can get IMO. It's not actually that important in any teams.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sigeheads, not SigeWinners? smdh

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Holy poo poo that song. The VAs killed it, Mittleman especially. Good event.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, Amakumo Peak has a lot of water in the basement. Someone should tell the Shogun she needs to buy a sump pump. And with all the granite she should probably have it checked for radon buildup.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Man, Amakumo Peak has a lot of water in the basement. Someone should tell the Shogun she needs to buy a sump pump. And with all the granite she should probably have it checked for radon buildup.
"Well there's your problem, ma'am: Ruin Termites. Now I'm not sure I can help with that, you'd need a Khaenriahn exterminator for that one, but I've got a few contractors I might recommend calling just to see if they can get this taken care of."

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
This is the coolest fan vid I’ve ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av5xTnxHOTs

…And that’s just because of the visuals! (Rex Lapis’s entrance:tviv:) There are comments that explain all the references to Chinese mythology — really interesting!

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 11, 2024

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I think this is about as far as I can take my Arle, I don't know how much longer I'll keep farming her domain just to try and get a CDMG hat with a CRate sub.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm all out of pinecones. :smith:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The next patch will let you hide the game UI. I would've settled for just the UID but whatever. Only took 'em 4 years! Also they're nerfing Arlecchino's particle generation for some reason.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm all out of pinecones. :smith:

There are a bunch in Wolvendom in Mondstadt a little bit to the east of the wolf boss and some dotted on the suspension bridges in Qingce village. That's where I used to farm them.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Stare-Out posted:

The next patch will let you hide the game UI. I would've settled for just the UID but whatever. Only took 'em 4 years! Also they're nerfing Arlecchino's particle generation for some reason.

What? I don't feel like it's high to begin with

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah I don’t know what that’s about either. They’re not reducing the actual particles just how often you get them.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

from what I remember it doesnt really matter in normal gameplay, it's only because the new abyss mode has a buff that lets you spam E and she would've been broken

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nerf is a strong word. It's that you have to wait 1.5 seconds between Es for particle generation to happen again instead of .5 seconds as it is now. In normal gameplay it's impossible to actually demonstrate the existence of this change because even her Q animation to reset her E cooldown is > 1.5 seconds.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Before just now, I don't think I've ever thought about the fact there is no sac spear

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

Before just now, I don't think I've ever thought about the fact there is no sac spear

Speculation was because they couldn't get Guoba to work with it. They they just ran with it

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is there a hot key to swap PARTIES? If I'm around the world I have my Adventuring Interns party who can do things like Mine Minerals, mine electro crystals, etc but then I have a different party for my combat purposes.

Stare-Out posted:

There are a bunch in Wolvendom in Mondstadt a little bit to the east of the wolf boss and some dotted on the suspension bridges in Qingce village. That's where I used to farm them.

Oh yeah there's a lot of Pinecones around but its just that it's amusing that they went from "Ew, pinecones, trash." to apparently a critical component of recipes and now I'm all out!!! Even MINT is starting to catch my eye a little.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there a hot key to swap PARTIES? If I'm around the world I have my Adventuring Interns party who can do things like Mine Minerals, mine electro crystals, etc but then I have a different party for my combat purposes.

There isn't, unfortunately. Probably a hardware limitation of their worst supported phones, you can't even swap characters from the full menu without a loading screen.

This gets especially annoying in Sumeru where they nonetheless expect you have to have all seven elements on tap for puzzles, but fortunately Fontaine seems to have fixed this and consists (almost) entirely of non-elemental puzzles, with a few rare exceptions that are mostly Hydro (appropriately for the hydro nation).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Best you can do there is add the party menu to the quick-action wheel. I have party on top, guide on right, clock on bottom and I think events or shop on left?

Regardless, it's just a quick hold-down of Tab and a flick up with the mouse to bring up the parties interface and switch to whatever I need for a given domain or boss. There's no one-button solution I'm aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I suspect that inactive characters don't "exist" until you open the party screen, which is why there's always a loading time and oddities like Statues of the Seven only healing the active party.