Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Isn't that Lion guy they're releasing this month part of the 200x series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They will still do original characters from that show/series ... but they can't have as Mattel calls them the "hyper detailed anime" look such as the wind swept heir they gave Marzo.

Also Classic characters will be done in classic style with no reference to 200x looks.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well that stinks out loud but I'm glad Mer-Man and Whiplash already made it out.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of Whiplash, are they still doing that wave of Iron Man 2 3.75" figures that has Whiplash and Black Widow and the Hammer drones and stuff?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
It's out, but difficult as gently caress to find. TRU has the Army DronePack with:

Iron Man, 2 Army Drones, and a GI Joe Body-Nick Furry.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of Whiplash, are they still doing that wave of Iron Man 2 3.75" figures that has Whiplash and Black Widow and the Hammer drones and stuff?

Some people have found 'em already, but around me the shelves are so clogged with MK VI's and Classic Iron Men figures I doubt I'll see a new figure past the Hulkbuster wave. Hell, some people have found an "elecrified" and "unelectrified" Whiplash whip variants.

I did see the Multipack at TRU that came with 2 Army drones, Iron Man and Nick Fury. the Army drones look kind of nice, but all the ones I've seen have warped gun barrels and I'm just not into 3.75" Marvel stuff. The Marvel Select 7" IM and WM are all I need.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I guess I'll just have to keep looking. I only recently got the Hulkbuster one. I don't even read Iron Man comics nor do I care about the Hulk and it's just a drat cool figure.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
There's a three pack that's slated to hit Target that has the Mk V, Whiplash, and a Navy Hammer Drone that's exclusive to the pack, that might be your best bet if the shelves don't clear soon.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
I wan't too crazy about marvel adopting the 3.5 inch scale, but they won me over with the Secret Wars Storm figure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I saw a bunch of the new DCUC Green Lanter 5-packs. They look pretty drat good. I'll be picking one up on payday for sure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw a bunch of the new DCUC Green Lanter 5-packs. They look pretty drat good. I'll be picking one up on payday for sure.

Is that where the new Guy Gardner figure is?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I saw a few at Wal Borg I'd offer to pick one up for someone but they're too expensive to ship.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Is that where the new Guy Gardner figure is?

Yep

59.97 or something at my Wal-Mart the other night.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 3, 2010

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

There's no way these will all sell through by christmas. Last years 5-pack had more recognizable characters and still sat around and was clearanced. Unless you really need Guy this instant, you might as well wait and see if it goes on sale. I got last year's 5-pack for $20.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Fish Of Doom posted:

There's no way these will all sell through by christmas. Last years 5-pack had more recognizable characters and still sat around and was clearanced. Unless you really need Guy this instant, you might as well wait and see if it goes on sale. I got last year's 5-pack for $20.

If anyone has last years 5-pack they want to sell for that I'm up for it.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
I swear, I would buy three Guy Gardner action figures but then they went and packaged him with loving Tomar Re.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bushifox posted:

If I see one Monday I'll grab it for you. I doubt I'll find it for $20 but maybe close

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does he have a bowl cut again?

loving hell!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Does he have a bowl cut again?

loving hell!

If it makes you feel better, in this December's DC Heroclix set, there's gonna be a Green/Red Guy Gardner wielding a chainsaw. Here's an article with a terrible picture of the unpainted prototype sculpt.

Maybe they'll make a modern Guy in future waves of Green Lantern Classics, assuming the first one sells well (which I'd hazard a guess it will).

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
.. and this is why I wanted to love the MU line so much. Thank god the newer figures suck a lot less poo poo.

THE MATCHUP NO ONE WILL EVER SEE EVER.

GI Joe vs Marvel vs DC vs Metal Gear Solid vs Las Vegas

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Needs more Star Wars.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found the MU Mary Jane figure for my sister today. She was pretty happy since she's been looking for it.

I also found the new scout class Insecticon Transformer for myself today. He looks pretty cool as a Cobra attack drone for my GI Joe display.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Anybody know the name of the obscure set these toys were from?

I like them, and one of them is breaking so I figure it's a nice time to try to get the set or something for cheap on ebay.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Jet Ready Go posted:

Anybody know the name of the obscure set these toys were from?

I like them, and one of them is breaking so I figure it's a nice time to try to get the set or something for cheap on ebay.

I think those are from the show D.I.C.E.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sanschel posted:

If it makes you feel better, in this December's DC Heroclix set, there's gonna be a Green/Red Guy Gardner wielding a chainsaw. Here's an article with a terrible picture of the unpainted prototype sculpt.

Maybe they'll make a modern Guy in future waves of Green Lantern Classics, assuming the first one sells well (which I'd hazard a guess it will).

I thought Heroclix died? I saw there were Watchmen ones. How'd they come back from the dead?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

I thought Heroclix died? I saw there were Watchmen ones. How'd they come back from the dead?

NECA took over the license.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Posted some stuff I'm trading (figures/baf parts) in the swap thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2947000&pagenumber=35#lastpost

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

This is most important thing coming out of heroclix this year:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/article_image.php?ig=14211

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

This is most important thing coming out of heroclix this year:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/article_image.php?ig=14211

Haha nice!

I played Heroclix for a while and even ran events but it was constantly an effort in frustration and I sold off a long time ago. I probably have a handful of figs somewhere.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

Mine still has three instock, since Christmas, and they're full price. poo poo never moved.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

The Rage posted:

Mine still has three instock, since Christmas, and they're full price. poo poo never moved.

Same here. Though I think they have 5.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Wal-Mart is VERY odd about putting stuff on clearance. Some I have been at pushes stuff out the door after a couple months if it is not moving to get rid of it. Others, like mine locally have the same exact junk for nearly a year that doesn't sell at full price, and when it does go on clearance it is still basically full price and never goes down. I finally saw the old 5 packs at one of mine for the first time, at full price back in June. I imagine I will see the GL pack around next April.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Djarum posted:

Wal-Mart is VERY odd about putting stuff on clearance.

Mine back home (Binghamton) still has X3 Beast/Colossus/Cyclops/Wolverine two-packs (the Hasbro 6 inchers) on clearance...for $23.50. That's down from the $29.99 they've been at for over a year. They have a bunch of Gotham 5 packs still at full price. Though at my usual Walmart in Buffalo they JUST lowered the price on the Holocaust Series Punisher variant from $14.99 to $10.50 so I snagged one for a custom since he has Ultimate Nick Fury's body minus the sleeves.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Djarum posted:

Wal-Mart is VERY odd about putting stuff on clearance.

Seriously. One of the 2 near me put a $99 LEGO set down to $55 after only a couple of months on the shelf. Snapped that right up.

The other Walmart has a $20 Transformer is a REALLY beat-up box. There's something spilled on the front of it too, like some kind of glittery nail varnish. That's been on the regular shelf for a month now still at full price. v:confused:v

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Just checked my walmart. They still have 3 gotham 5 packs, up in price to 60 bucks from the previous 50. Crazy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Ah poo poo.

Anybody want to split a 5 pack?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Group shot

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Group shot

I like how Sinestro is shooting power out of his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Just checked my walmart. They still have 3 gotham 5 packs, up in price to 60 bucks from the previous 50. Crazy.

That's ok, before I moved to the city with no wal-marts, the one where I used to live raised to GI Joe movie figures from $5 to $10 for no reason. "These aren't selling, jack that poo poo up!"