Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Black Pants posted:

Was it Hoom?

No, it's "Whom was it?" :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Black Pants posted:

Was it Hoom?

No this was back before i transfered to deepwood

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I seem to be having trouble chlorohealing AOEly.Like I'm fine if everything is on the tank, but if there's a lot of AOE damage happening at the same time I have a shitton of trouble healing both. Any tips?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Giving this game a try. Invite for Marhime, DPS cleric extraordinaire?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gorelab posted:

I seem to be having trouble chlorohealing AOEly.Like I'm fine if everything is on the tank, but if there's a lot of AOE damage happening at the same time I have a shitton of trouble healing both. Any tips?

Chloro doesn't have a lot of options for AOE healing when synth is up on the tank. The DPS just need to be smart and stay out of poo poo. The best you can do is make sure radiant spores are up on the boss/adds, keep withering vine up on the boss, and then you've got flourish/bloom/essence surge to reactive heal. If that can't keep them alive, then that's on them. Cleansing heals a bit too, so toss out the aoe cleanse or targeted cleanses if need be.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Leveling up my cleric from about level 32 to my current 54 I pretty much used IA and regular questing to do so, utilizing the Energizer build that was linked earlier in the thread.

I was wondering if anyone could give, or link a build that has macros which would be good for Warfronts?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Black Pants posted:

Was it Hoom?

I do my bitching outs in public ok.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Chloro doesn't have a lot of options for AOE healing when synth is up on the tank. The DPS just need to be smart and stay out of poo poo. The best you can do is make sure radiant spores are up on the boss/adds, keep withering vine up on the boss, and then you've got flourish/bloom/essence surge to reactive heal. If that can't keep them alive, then that's on them. Cleansing heals a bit too, so toss out the aoe cleanse or targeted cleanses if need be.

I probably need to learn the fights better to, like in Exodus o the Storm Queen I'm not sure if the part I just crashed on was a 'This is AOE time' or if there was something to be interrupted or what.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Gorelab posted:

I probably need to learn the fights better to, like in Exodus o the Storm Queen I'm not sure if the part I just crashed on was a 'This is AOE time' or if there was something to be interrupted or what.

Exodus, especially the library boss fight, is the worst for a chloro. You have to cleanse cleanse cleanse. Thankfully cleanses heal some now so you are healing them up at the same time, but I would hit the aoe cleanse every 10 seconds, and then cleanse whenever the tank is ok.

sleeptides
Jul 7, 2006
Are there any guides to getting raid ready? I've got mostly blues and maybe 1/3rd purples at 60, i have more than enough hit but I can't meet the typical 10k dps requirement (as mage). I got someone to check out my spec and rotation and was told it's a gear issue. Thing is I'm looking at the upgrades for what i have (expert / world gear) and they're tiny additions... we're talking like 3int difference if i upgrade the item to the purple equivalent. Halp

\/\/\/\/\/ Thanks!

sleeptides fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 14, 2013

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

sleeptides posted:

Are there any guides to getting raid ready?

Page 50 of this thread.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
Getting a friendly level 60 mage to chuck mass charged shield on my low level alt certainly speeds up killing stuff, running round the low level zones 1 shotting everything that touches me :allears:

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I just tried coming back to rift. I had a collectors edition. Now after they made me go trough an extensive and painful process to reactivate and revalidate my account i finally get to log in.... doesnt work. I cannot even log in as guest. Guess they don't like new customers. Heres the weird part. I can log in on the website just fine and see my account but the same info doesnt work on the launcher who refuses installing my game because i cannot get past this crap.

normal log in : "the log in request was not valid. Please try again later, error 2016"
guest log in : "Failed to log in as guest account. Please try again later."

please help,i am not starting a new account that is for sure

beotee.exe - weird exe

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 14, 2013

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

lovely Treat posted:

Getting a friendly level 60 mage to chuck mass charged shield on my low level alt certainly speeds up killing stuff, running round the low level zones 1 shotting everything that touches me :allears:

If you mentor down you can keep doing that all the way to 50 in no time at all.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Extensive and painful probably means remembering/looking up old credit card numbers or a security question. Pretty standard things.

Since it's free to play why not make another free account and just test if you can login using THAT login. That will rule out your computer being compromised.

At that point, Trion needs to help you get logged in not us.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

mr. nobody posted:

Extensive and painful probably means remembering/looking up old credit card numbers or a security question. Pretty standard things.

Since it's free to play why not make another free account and just test if you can login using THAT login. That will rule out your computer being compromised.

At that point, Trion needs to help you get logged in not us.

It is fairly common for these online games to have several "known" issues and there is no way to look them up other then read every single thread or make a post about it here and may be someone has something really helpful quick(for example the game being patched and only giving you a msg "your login information is invalid" but in reality it is just not avaible for a short moment, these kind of things). As i stated in my previous post i cannot even get in as a guest so i cannot see how trying another character is any different from that. But may be i am wrong.. Thanks for your help.

Also the "riftconnect" button is greyed out and it tells me to push the "update" button if i wanna play as guest in the instructions but there is no update button. I am still at the launcher.

edit , Weird now it connects. Don't ask me what caused that, could have been me or them.
edit2, Oh yea hey. I turned off my g600, kaspersky and a few other things. You are right, thanks :D

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 14, 2013

Serai
Dec 28, 2009

Hello Sailor posted:

Giving this game a try. Invite for Marhime, DPS cleric extraordinaire?

So less than average DPS still? :glomp:

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

FunkyFlashman posted:

It is fairly common for these online games to have several "known" issues and there is no way to look them up other then read every single thread or make a post about it here and may be someone has something really helpful quick(for example the game being patched and only giving you a msg "your login information is invalid" but in reality it is just not avaible for a short moment, these kind of things). As i stated in my previous post i cannot even get in as a guest so i cannot see how trying another character is any different from that. But may be i am wrong.. Thanks anyways for your help.

Also the "riftconnect" button is greyed out and it tells me to push the "update" button if i wanna play as guest in the instructions but there is no update button. I am still at the launcher.

Are you sure the update button doesn't exist? It should be pink in the middle of the launcher. It doesn't necessarily look like a button, but it is one.

Alternatively, uninstall your current version of Rift from Windows. Redownload the client from the webpage. Try reinstalling it maybe.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
If it's the 'login request is invalid' error #2016, congratulations on your choice of an excellent virus scanner; Kaspersky hates Rift.

You can Pause Protection for one minute and it will work fine. The game does not need your virus scanner off to run, or for that matter to patch - only to log in.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Prism posted:

an excellent virus scanner; Kaspersky
This is wrong, all wrong.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

anthonypants posted:

This is wrong, all wrong.

You didn't catch the sarcasm dripping from his post? :)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Yeah that was sarcasm. Don't get Kaspersky. I got it once about six years ago and it did in fact clean a virus I couldn't get off by any other means, but it mostly just caused me trouble after that so I stopped using it eventually.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I asked this a couple of threads ago the last time I was trying to come back, but now that I actually have: What's the sponsorship policy? I have a friend from my former guild that transferred over that I'd like to get an invite if at all possible.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

marhom posted:

I asked this a couple of threads ago the last time I was trying to come back, but now that I actually have: What's the sponsorship policy? I have a friend from my former guild that transferred over that I'd like to get an invite if at all possible.

Friends of goons are fine to join the guild, just prepare them as it can get quite goony.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

Friends of goons are fine to join the guild, just prepare them as it can get quite goony.

Eh, we don't even comedy kick people anymore.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

One person that joined as a (girl?)friend of a goon left us after berating us for not being social enough for them.

So fair warning, this guild is not social at all. Nobody talks or helps each other out ever. You might lose a friend because of how little we chat or do things ingame.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Goons speak through the language of guild bank swastikas as is well known

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

Also the guild bank is restricted to only the highest level of officers and no one can take anything out. That's why it's always so full, you see.

Dendrite
Jun 17, 2005
Surprisingly uninteresting.
Invite my terrible alt Hytoglia

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Epic High Five posted:

No bank swastika shaming, I work hard on those.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
In the span of like 20 minutes I found two hellbug rifts and got hellbug mounts from each of them

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
WELL THEN. Toss an invite to Rolle when someone gets the chance, but please only do so if we've got a full bank full of swastikas

Are like, 1.x world event currency vendors nonexistent now? I understand if so, but I have SO many wanton maw things to make into my raptor.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

deadtear posted:

No bank swastika shaming, I work hard on those.

Goon Squad: They're just funslingin' and WeedlordBonerHitlerin' out there

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Where do cool kids go for tips on Matrim stats?

Serai
Dec 28, 2009
I got a surprise with my paycheck and decided, what the heck, lets buy this stuff. So I got the Rift + Storm collector code. Well, I only got one code. Should I have gotten two? And I apparently got the infinity version of Storm, is that the "right" one?
I was looking for the souls and bag slots for my characters.

e: I apparently got 7000 loyalty. Thats good I guess. And my patron status says 60 days remaining. Am I good then?

Serai fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 15, 2013

dahkren
Jan 11, 2006
Could I get an invite for Luthwen, my cleric alt.

Edit: Also Naeema and Eraia

dahkren fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 15, 2013

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Serai posted:

I got a surprise with my paycheck and decided, what the heck, lets buy this stuff. So I got the Rift + Storm collector code. Well, I only got one code. Should I have gotten two? And I apparently got the infinity version of Storm, is that the "right" one?
I was looking for the souls and bag slots for my characters.

e: I apparently got 7000 loyalty. Thats good I guess. And my patron status says 60 days remaining. Am I good then?

If you can play with the Harbinger, Defiler, Tempest, or Tactician soul you are good to go.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Serai posted:

So less than average DPS still? :glomp:

I hope they fix this but really every other class loves to complain that you need at least like 3 cleric healers for like every progression fight so who knows. Either way if you're good at Cleric you should be getting a raid spot somewhere somehow!

Shaman does well if you never leave melee for more than 1 gcd and inquisitor still has nice utility for some fights so that's nice.

Even if you're bad like me you might get one v:shobon:v

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Ok, goons, I'm gonna hit 50 soon, so could use some help figuring out what to grind.

I've pretty much only done warfronts, rifts, and zone events since level 10, so have enough favor for the level 50 purple weapon and am amassing planarite and inscribed sourestones. I guess I also need to do carnage quests.

What else do I need to be doing or saving for, eq-wise?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
"Originally Posted by Josh York
Hey guys,

We've checked in an adjustment that should go live shortly.

- Level 62 Strongholds will now have a greater chance to drop Greater Essences.
- Level 62 Strongholds of any planar type now share a common pool of Greater Essences.

FAQ:
- Hunt Rifts have not changed.
- These items will still be valuable, rare, and random."

Thank goodness, maybe this will stir up more stronghold interest!

• Locked thread