Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Only one BWM post per day? Christ, Tacks, I could post much more BWM than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Current target is $2626 put into savings in March which is approximately 33.5% of my income this month. Plus $100 added to mortgage principal.

I think I *could* do more but just not comfortable saying so confidently, yet. Maybe when gf moves in with me I can increase that a little bit.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:gas:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

zaurg posted:

I guess move this thread to PMF.

He agreed. Do this and be done, please.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

zaurg posted:

Current target is $2626 put into savings in March which is approximately 33.5% of my income this month. Plus $100 added to mortgage principal.

my current target is to be 6'5" with good teeth and hair, i wonder if i'm more likely to hit a mid-30s growth spurt than you are to save a third of your income

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

He agreed. Do this and be done, please.

The fact that I agreed means MoneyBalls will NOT do what we want. He never loving does. He'll just continue probating me and reading about everyone hating everything.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Spokes posted:

my current target is to be 6'5" with good teeth and hair, i wonder if i'm more likely to hit a mid-30s growth spurt than you are to save a third of your income

Well March is done so I have you beat there. The key is to consistently do it. That's the key you see.

What savings rate do you aspire to, Spokes?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zaurg posted:

Well March is done so I have you beat there. The key is to consistently do it. That's the key you see.

What savings rate do you aspire to, Spokes?

The key you see is to consistently shut the gently caress up zaurg

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Just gently caress off forever. No one wants you here and if you want to be the only person who posts in your thread just go back to your lovely blog that no one bothered to read. It's the same loving thing.

You can't even loving lie properly. You're absolutely useless beyond redemption.

zaurg posted:

:smug: March 6th, 2020 budget update :smug:

running 5 / 65

zaurg posted:

March 10th, 2020 blockbuster budget update

running 5 / 50

zaurg posted:

My running didn't decrease by 5

edit: also, lol at your snarky reply basically admitting by omission that you spent the money before allocating the windfall to the two categories to cover it up.
Grow a pair and admit that you're still hiding expenses incurred by your reckless impulse spending then tase that pair you pathetic mistake

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 11, 2020

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

zaurg posted:

Only one BWM post per day? Christ, Tacks, I could post much more BWM than that.

Post somewhere else in bwm then pussy

you won’t

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Probably based on that Chicago thing last year. $600 for one race fee, a flight to get there, a hotel room.

hes definitely playing budgeting games with that type of thing between vacations category and running category

why am i taking this remotely seriously

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You want to see me succeed. You want to be the one who posted just the right content to be the one who truly helped zaurg change his ways. Just like Nam Taf and many others. This is not my ego talking, it’s just the truth, people want to root for or against, it’s just our nature. Lucky for you, the change is happening and has been happening. No one really wants to acknowledge it because then the book would be over. No one really wants it to end.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
No one is stopping you from taking your act over to the new subforum.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Moneyball posted:

So why did you unprobate him, again?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Weatherman posted:

Look at this idiot who can't read

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Weatherman posted:

Entertainment for the forums

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:gas:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Eh, it’s just like watching a bad TV show. Mostly mindless entertainment.

Last week on Zaurg ....

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Like any mindless sitcom nothing ever changes episode to episode

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

zaurg posted:

You want to see me succeed. You want to be the one who posted just the right content to be the one who truly helped zaurg change his ways. Just like Nam Taf and many others.
I’ve intentionally stopped even throwing out generic help for others based on your mistakes, just in case you finally do listen, such is how little I want to help you any more. You’ve so completely pissed away any goodwill that I literally do not care about your future any more.

I do not want to see you succeed in any way, except in shutting the gently caress up and going away forever. That is all.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
- lack of stamina
- mean
- quitter
- poor reading comprehension
- at least gets an A for effort

...Nam Taf in a nutshell.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Nam Taf. Thanks for your effort.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zaurg posted:

- lack of stamina
- mean
- quitter
- poor reading comprehension
- at least gets an A for effort

...Nam Taf in a nutshell.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Nam Taf. Thanks for your effort.

Put in effort into shutting the gently caress up zaurg

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Moneyball posted:

No one is stopping you from reinstating his ban.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
March 11th, 2020 budget update

completed:
savings 1000 / 1000
car replacement 150 / 150
mortgage 1055 / 1055
hoa 436 / 500
electric 80 / 85

in progress:
phone 35 / 50
life insurance 0 / 24
grocery/household 136 / 350
car gas 22 / 75
car maintenance 0 / 75
car insurance 0 / 65
home maintenance 0 / 100
medical 0 / 125
clothing 32 / 75
kids 0 / 350
gifts 92 / 108
running 5 / 50
vacation 208 / 250
fun 113 / 391
haircuts 0 / 25
home furniture/upgrades 73 / 75

= INCOME BUDGETED 4978.45
= SPENT 2287
= SAVED 1150
= REMAINING 1541

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Looks like it's about time to update my red text, heyoooooooooooo!

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
KnyteGuy is back and I just posted in his thread. Everyone head over there for a better thread, I think he has the coronavirus.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

zaurg posted:

KnyteGuy is back and I just posted in his thread. Everyone head over there for a better thread, I think he has the coronavirus.

I think you heading over there made this thread better already.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Moneyball posted:

Entertainment for the forums

I bet you thought Bumfights was entertaining, too.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Weatherman posted:

I bet you thought Bumfights was entertaining, too.

Dad?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hey zugger..with the market going down by it's a perfect time to do a 401k loan. Your basically getting cash and protecting yours from the downturn.

NotGentle
Feb 10, 2019
zaurg, it looks like you're taking all the right steps and taking the right amount of advice. Keep at it. I have faith in you.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ban for probation evading imo

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

NotGentle posted:

zaurg, it looks like you're taking all the right steps and taking the right amount of advice. Keep at it. I have faith in you.

Shut the gently caress up, zaurg

I wish the mods would actually ban you for circumventing probes like this.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
And miss the chance to be The Mod That Was In Charge When Zugar Finally Became An Forums Superstar? Heavens no

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

He already failed his toxx by changing his budget after the first of the month. So let him eat the ban. Close this thread and let him post in PMF. Where we all can ignore him still.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

zaurg posted:

March 11th, 2020 budget update

completed:
savings 1000 / 1000
car replacement 150 / 150
mortgage 1055 / 1055
hoa 436 / 500
electric 80 / 85

in progress:
phone 35 / 50
life insurance 0 / 24
grocery/household 136 / 350
car gas 22 / 75
car maintenance 0 / 75
car insurance 0 / 65
home maintenance 0 / 100
medical 0 / 125
clothing 32 / 75
kids 0 / 350
gifts 92 / 108
running 5 / 50
vacation 208 / 250
fun 113 / 391
haircuts 0 / 25
home furniture/upgrades 73 / 75

= INCOME BUDGETED 4978.45
= SPENT 2287
= SAVED 1150
= REMAINING 1541

zaurg posted:

Ya'll want a screenshot?

Leng posted:

What are you doing? Stop manually typing this crap and/or using your horrible spreadsheets and post a screenshot from Pocket Smith. Redact personal details if you need to, but stop this particular idiocy.

In case the reason you are doing this is because you don't know where the report is, here's a hint: go to the menu > Budgets & Reports > Income & Expense > take a screenshot or hit Ctrl + P and print it to a PDF

He's not doing this because that would of course provide actual proof regarding his actual spending vs budget in a way that can't be manipulated.

Daztek posted:

did you do this yet zargu

Motronic posted:

Lol. Remember when I goaded him into doing this with Mint and it was like 4 lines of incomplete nonsense?

Nam Taf posted:

Post the screenshot, poo poo-for-brains

Edit: New prediction. He's not posting the screenshot because he stopped using Pocket Smith when he found out it doesn't let him obfuscate the truth and to try and post a screenshot now would reveal that the numbers he's been posting so far are totally fictitious and have no resemblance to his real spending.

Leng fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 12, 2020

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Leng posted:

Edit: New prediction. He's not posting the screenshot because he stopped using Pocket Smith when he found out it doesn't let him obfuscate the truth and to try and post a screenshot now would reveal that the numbers he's been posting so far are totally fictitious and have no resemblance to his real spending.

FYI the idea of a spoiler is that it contains knowledge that is not widely known, my dude.

I completely agree, it also explains numbers magically changing

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nam Taf posted:

FYI the idea of a spoiler is that it contains knowledge that is not widely known, my dude.

I completely agree, it also explains numbers magically changing

Didn't we basically agree to this like the week after he got pocketsmith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

It was the entire point why it was suggested in the first place, I suspect.