Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

the_steve posted:

Didn't we already do the the whole "quality > quantity" story with the 50-60 Leatherworking quest though?

Honestly it's a common general theme of crafting storylines. But the one you're thinking of (which is actually 1-50, 50-60 is about helping someone deliver affordable mid-ranged goods to Ishgard) is about proving a counterfeiter's goods to be a poor imitation. I'm picturing more of a 'Versus Wizard Jeff Bezos' thing.

Plus, it lets us fill out some details on creation magic, and provides an opportunity to reuse expert crafting outside of Ishgardian Restoration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

50-60 LW is curing classism through craftsmanship, then curing xenophobia through a combination of craftsmanship and bear wrestling.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cleretic posted:

See, I was thinking of the 80-90 crafters too, but I was thinking 'Helmarut has decided to use ancient magics to score a monopoly on literally every single possible crafting sector', and it's up to you to beat his unbeatable quantity with unbeatable quality.

Basically we make an entire questline out of that Spongebob scene where he has a cookoff with King Neptune.

gently caress that, team up with an immortal crafter to finally knock Rowena off her throne

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

gently caress that, team up with an immortal crafter to finally knock Rowena off her throne

Do a soul swap of our Rowena with the nice Rowena from the First

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
but then we'd be inflicting our Rowena on the first and they have it hard enough

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WrightOfWay posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if one or more of the remaining Convocation members just fucks off to enjoy their immortality somewhere far away from the WoL and their huge Ascian bodycount. With the Unsundered gone, they're free to pursue their own goals and they probably aren't all suicidal nihilists like FannyD and might not come into direct conflict with us.

This wouldn't be very narratively satisfying though. The ascians have been driven in as "There are thirteen of these fuckers" and you can't do that and then just go "well, we're only going to address like 8 or 9 of them."

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

We'll most likely encounter all the remaining Ascians to tie up the narrative, but not necessarily have to kill them.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
We have a) Constellation Stones and b) a way to cure tempering. Why not just free them from Zodiark and give them Fordola's choice?

Alternatively, shoving Zenos into the Elidibus-shaped hole might actually just wake Zodiark fully up for the first time in eons and just turn what's left of the Ascians into thralls.

...which would be interesting for Loghrif. :v:

Itzena fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 5, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gruckles posted:

We'll most likely encounter all the remaining Ascians to tie up the narrative, but not necessarily have to kill them.

It would be a very FF14 move if they had an ephiphany that other races had the right to exist and they just renounced evil and set up the Ascian institute for aetheric studies or something and tidily swept themselves out of the plot

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i'd bet that we'll have another sundered ascian show up and go 'uhhh hey so our master plan is over and fandaniel is a problem' and team up with us

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Going by Gaia and Danny not giving a poo poo about their duty, I don't think the sundered Ascians are tempered by Zodiark at all. Plus I'm assuming they lived some time as mortals before the bosses showed up to give them their Ancient memories. So the remainders may also be inclined to just have personal motives of varying moralities to use their cool darkness powers for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaia as she exists now has not been elevated to the convocation as an Ascian, so that doesn't matter, but it's a fair cop for Damndaniel

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

mitron didn't seem to give a poo poo about anything except reuniting with loghrif

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Gruckles posted:

Going by Gaia and Danny not giving a poo poo about their duty, I don't think the sundered Ascians are tempered by Zodiark at all. Plus I'm assuming they lived some time as mortals before the bosses showed up to give them their Ancient memories. So the remainders may also be inclined to just have personal motives of varying moralities to use their cool darkness powers for.

It's also possible that coreless Zodiark is just...dormant. Unsundered Ascians were tempered at the original summoning and the three that lived through the Great Stomping kept it while those that were later raised back up were technically still tempered, there were just no new orders being broadcast.

E: the Ascians do keep talking about "resurrecting" their God - would be funny if Zenos wanders up to this giant mostly-dead crystal and does his Code Geass Eye thing and Zodiark just eats his soul with a "Since when were you the one in charge?"

Itzena fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 5, 2021

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Itzena posted:

E: the Ascians do keep talking about "resurrecting" their God - would be funny if Zenos wanders up to this giant mostly-dead crystal and does his Code Geass Eye thing and Zodiark just eats his soul with a "Since when were you the one in charge?"

Honestly, that's kind of what I've been expecting.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't know exactly how it is going to happen, but I am absolutely postive Zenos will some way or another end up biting off more than he can chew and becoming a mutant horror for the final boss, probably called Zeromus

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Rowena is Altima.

Sorry if you hadn't figured it out yet.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Rowena is Altima.

I’d loving love if Rowena turned out to be an Ascian. It would be hilarious

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

multijoe posted:

It would be a very FF14 move if they had an ephiphany that other races had the right to exist and they just renounced evil and set up the Ascian institute for aetheric studies or something and tidily swept themselves out of the plot

I would actually, unironically like this. Some of the Ascians just going "yeah, gently caress this" and becoming backseat allies to the Scions.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Rowena is Altima.

I figured she was Nald'thal. (Tataru is Byregot)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want Zenos to absorb zodiark but to just fully do it and remain in control. Primals ain't poo poo, mortals forever baby

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

The creator of the greatest calamity of all: capitalism.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

thetoughestbean posted:

WrightOfWay posted:

The creator of the greatest calamity of all: capitalism.

Rowena comes to the first and changes her name and appearance slightly. We're through the looking glass here people...

Jetrauben posted:

I would actually, unironically like this. Some of the Ascians just going "yeah, gently caress this" and becoming backseat allies to the Scions.

this is my hope for Gaia, popping in and out of the First, maybe with Ryne in tow.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

eh I think Gaia wants to live as a normal girl at least for the time being

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rowena isn't an Ascian because she is a Primal created by the unending faith that Ul'dahns have in the power of the free market.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Speaking of that, in the 5.3 ending I noticed that when Lyna is giving her goodbye speech to the Scions, she says that everyone is praying with all their hearts for the Exarch's safety.

Oh yeah, Lyna? Everyone in the city is making one big fervent wish at the giant crystal that's filled to the brim with hope energy, you say? :thunk:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Chillgamesh posted:

Speaking of that, in the 5.3 ending I noticed that when Lyna is giving her goodbye speech to the Scions, she says that everyone is praying with all their hearts for the Exarch's safety.

Oh yeah, Lyna? Everyone in the city is making one big fervent wish at the giant crystal that's filled to the brim with hope energy, you say? :thunk:

You better believe the Allagans set the PRIMAL flag to N.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

SirSamVimes posted:

Rowena isn't an Ascian because she is a Primal created by the unending faith that Ul'dahns have in the power of the free market.

Is INVISIBLE HAND a tankbuster

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zomborgon posted:

Is INVISIBLE HAND a tankbuster
New crafter raid: You must use Synthesis against the Antithesis that Rowena produces. If you can make enough Synthesis, you can use the special role action to create a unit of Communism.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Chillgamesh posted:

I feel like if you've got your hand on the sword at the mention of prayer, you may have entered the range of paranoia.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Please; FFXIV x Monster Hunter

again

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Alphinaud what the gently caress was that?!

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS
Moon's haunted.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also no color in the JP name it seems. Dawn of Finale.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GUNDAMN FUNNELS ON A HEALER PLEASE GOD GIVE IT TO ME NOW

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also no color in the JP name it seems. Dawn of Finale.

Oh wow. No color this time?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Another AST rework where they're cutting out complexity ugh. My poor first love.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Astro sects didn't add any complexity.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yeah, so long as they don't gently caress with cards, Noct sect is basically just the button you grumpily press when you're playing with another AST, and I won't miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah, so long as they don't gently caress with cards, Noct sect is basically just the button you grumpily press when you're playing with another AST, and I won't miss it.

Or Scholars. Scholars exist.

...you know, theoretically. Nobody wants to play one or have one on their team anymore, but they're there.