Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
In which case, yeah, let's go to Vancouver and see if anything happens overnight.

I think at this point, ANarc is gonna flip, and I feel sort of bad that I've just been assuming this entire game up until they claimed, that they were lurking scum. They might actually not be, but there's definitely some info missing, and the thing with claiming commuter is that it's a pretty good way to deter investigatives from checking you.

I'm not really interested in whatever went wrong with ANarc's plan to clear themselves by holstering last night, since I don't think it means much - I also holstered, and Mekchu was roleblocked for centuries. I am only wondering why town (who isn't being hunted) has a self-protective role when they're only as likely to be killed as any other townie who isn't Maerlyn, assuming she told the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

merk posted:

##vote Anarc

I think this might be :redhammer:?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

:redhammer:

Votecount for Day 4

AnonymousNarcotics (8): WindwardAway, EGalz18, Rhymes With Clue, Mekchu, Mekchu, Mekchu, WindwardAway, Mekchu, WindwardAway, Mekchu, mycelia, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Tired Moritz, JosefStalinator, merk
JosefStalinator (2): merk, AnonymousNarcotics, Your Personal Muse, WindwardAway, Mekchu, WindwardAway, Mekchu, merk
Tired Moritz (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Maerlyn (0): Rhymes With Clue, WindwardAway, mycelia, Rhymes With Clue, WindwardAway, mycelia, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
Tea Party Crasher (0): merk, merk
Mekchu (0): Mekchu, Mekchu
WindwardAway (0): Your Personal Muse, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, Your Personal Muse

Not Voting (3): Maerlyn, Somberbrero, Tea Party Crasher

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 30th, 2023 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 4 minutes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as an aside, merk having only 2 pages of posts, and only really coming in for brief comments still seems weird to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

WindwardAway posted:

More like, he went from pushing that someone in the glacier masonry was scum to suddenly not pushing that anymore when it was less convenient.

Oh sure, I forgot about that. That's a good point!

Look I get the anarc vote, but it feels like a big chunk of the case is 'lurking,' and we have a few lurkers here. I could be wrong but it feels like there are a lot of little things that don't add up with Josef Stalinator. I'm used to Stalin being a scum-hunting machine, I killed him out of pure fear as scum in L5R Mafia (where Stalin saw me fight tooth and nail to defend a scum buddy). This Stalin is just grooving along by comparison, they seem like a totally different player.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
AnonymousNarcotics, Melody O'Brien, SCUM-aligned Shapeshifter, has been eliminated D4!

quote:

You are Melody O’Brien, SCUM-aligned Shapeshifter. You are a PASSENGER. Because you are a small, cute child, investigations targeting you will return a TOWN result. At night you may ##shapeshift into a player; all actions targeting you will instead target that player. You may not use this action on consecutive nights. In addition, you are in a masonry with your family.
You win when your faction controls the vote. Also, your team has a oneshot protection against being roleblocked between its members.

It is now Night Four. 24 hours for actions please!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hi everyone I'm swamped the rest of the day so you get a low effort post.

Due to the way actions fell last night, it has become impossible for the scumteam to win the game!

The game has ended in a TOWN + 3P victory!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Here's the link to mod doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11-PsRZjqjO8aGiucfuwe2PZG8yJa7hXRXq5nzHiTTiY/edit

This was fun to see unfold, thanks for playing! The execution of the first scum D2 really hurt the scumteam, if that hadn't happened the game would probably still be running.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
The only remaining scum was Maerlyn btw

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i will politely wait for obs so I can read confessionals :^)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

saladscooper posted:

The only remaining scum was Maerlyn btw

I fuckin knew it lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the scummy seeming play friends, had fun!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'll have to get a modkill some other game I guess :colbert:

Good game, thanks salad!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Oof what a game.

Started out with a failed merk turbo and then it went downhill from there.

Sub Rosa solved it D1, good on them, rewarded with death.

We had some unlucky RL timing things. Whiffed my D/N1 Busdrive because JS didn't have an action.

The ZZ swerve wrecked us hard, I was unavailable the whole time. If we got RwC that day (happy with my prot call) then I think scum are favored.

And then I threw hard by not reading ZZ's flip. I thought the RB prot would keep us safe/implicate YPM instead of uhh...mechanically catching me.

Maer and ANarc with valiant efforts, but EGalz and Mycelia clearing each other was too good.

I still don't quite follow what happened with the N2 Busdrive but it didn't actually matter, I think. I'm also not sure why my busdrive was so weird/nerfed, but I guess scum had a solid set of other roles.

Tough roll for Keats going double-nav.

Painter was a neat way to get around double-ninja.

---

Said it in obs but having gender matter but not being indicated anywhere on the role PMs felt like a miss.

Overall, would cruise again.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

Sorry for the scummy seeming play friends, had fun!

Yaaaayy!

If you were in big trouble votewise I was gonna say that I had strongly breadcrumbed a cool PR in the masonry so the fact that I was still alive meant you were probably town.

But my breadcrumb might have been even more subtle than Somber's.

Honestly, saying "paranoid" in a mafia game...means you're a PGO???? Oops all PGOs.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Oh and hey good times, remember when the Glacier masonry almost got modkilled?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PS the game ended with me still the navigator, so we're off to Hawaii now. Hope you brought your surfboards.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Thanks Salad, really fun game!

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
I've still got some deadlines to meet today, so I'm muting the server for a bit to fend off distraction/temptation. But I'm excited to read through everything!
This was fun, Salad! Thanks for the vacation :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mekchu posted:

as an aside, merk having only 2 pages of posts, and only really coming in for brief comments still seems weird to me.

Two pages crushing scum.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Zoya posted:

WE MILL 2GETHER, WE RIDE 2GETHER, WE hopefully don't DIE 2GETHER, MILLBROS 4 LYFE 🤜🤛 THAT'S RIGHT

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

we did end up dying 2gether 😔

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i told you i was innocent ypm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was a good game and thanks for organizing it salad

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

Let’s all call our shot for who the scum team is, I’ll start

Cube-ducked up bus driver
Zztop-poisoner
Maerlyn-heavyweight jugg??
AN-ninja or something

This is 100% accurate I can’t wait to quote this in the end game

Wow!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mekchu posted:

i told you i was innocent ypm

I didn’t kill you get off your high horse

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Gg all, town +3p wrecked it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

holy snarf!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

quick give me some lottery numbers

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sandwolf posted:

holy snarf!

See, not all 3ps are antitown 😏

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Btw i holstered the bomb on N3 because enough crew was already dead and I didn't really feel the need to draw unwanted suspicion to myself by setting off a bomb for no reason lol. I acted N4 because I thought it would be funny to end the game with a boom, and I was right!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Gg everyone, 'twas a fun game!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

WindwardAway posted:

Btw i holstered the bomb on N3 because enough crew was already dead and I didn't really feel the need to draw unwanted suspicion to myself by setting off a bomb for no reason lol. I acted N4 because I thought it would be funny to end the game with a boom, and I was right!

I would have exploded as I fled/pretended to flee instead of just exploded though!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

I would have exploded as I fled/pretended to flee instead of just exploded though!

Oh, true 😂

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Maerlyn posted:

quick give me some lottery numbers

this implies it was luck-all skill. it’s called scum hunting look it up

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i just want to point out that tmor was spraying everyone with COW poo poo, not "green tea"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Zoya posted:

i just want to point out that tmor was spraying everyone with COW poo poo, not "green tea"

Haven't you heard? It's all the rage in new perfume scents.