System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Captain Mog posted:

Where's FF: Type 0? Where's a new Tactics game?

The FF: Type-0 fan translation will be out on 8 August 2014 so it's not all bad.

For FFT you get Final Fantasy Tactics S a mobile social game. Thanks squeenix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Captain Mog posted:

The fact that it took a piddling amount of time to localize is inconsequential. They have a lot of cool games in Japan they are just flat-out refusing to release in favor of smaller Guitar Hero knockoffs and mobile crap. Nintendo released Bravely Default, not SE. They're almost completely ignoring mobile gamers in the West this gen.

The 3DS & the PS Vita have been out for years now in the West and what have they released? Barely anything.

Type 0 is for the PSP, right? Because I doubt they're gonna go through the effort of translating for an old console.

Also, Rhythm games existed before Guitar Hero, and they are not 'refusing' to release it, they just don't see the point in doing so.

It sucks, yeah, but that's what you learn Japanese for.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

TARDISman posted:

Theatrhythm Curtain Call just got confirmed for a US release. Not really a shock but it's still pretty awesome news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OG9vWOdlg

I started laughing when they showed off the awesome Type 0 song since it's never going to get an official western release. Then I got a little sad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here's the third volume of Theatrythm Curtain Call's songs: Spin-Off songs!

From Final Fantasy USA :911: to Lightning Returns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9fg-E40T5A

The first two volumes

FFI to FFVII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK5OTWi84ag

FFVIII to FFXIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeashmQGvBU

That's all the songs from Curtain Call.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Type-0's might be officially out in English after Agito's finally released this May. Square at least seem to be pretty good at releasing iOS stuff lately so there's that I guess?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Renoistic posted:

I started laughing when they showed off the awesome Type 0 song since it's never going to get an official western release. Then I got a little sad.

They also showed off the character portraits for Type-0 (then Agito), and XV (then Versus) in Dissidia. They may actually be releasing an iOS version of Agito however.

quote:

The first hint of its existence became public when Square Enix trademarked the name in May 2013. A later trademark filed for European territories fueled rumors of a localization. The game was first demoed during the 2013 Tokyo Game Show.

In an interview with USGamer during the event, Tabata stated that he considered Type-0 to have become the prototype for Agito, although it did not share much with its predecessor. He also touched on the story, saying that it grew out of what he originally had in mind for Agito XIII, and of how that concept evolved into Type-0.

In the same interview, Tabata said that Agito would definitely be localized, although he refused to clarify whether this meant it would be coming west. Originally scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2014, the release was pushed forward to spring of that year. Street clothes for the characters were offered as a pre-order bonus.

[e]: Beaten.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's never too early to talk about this so what are everyone's hopes for SE at E3? And what do you actually expect out of them at E3?

Honestly I'd love to see SOMETHING playable for XV even if it's the tiniest of combat demos, but I know it's much more likely that all we'll get is a new trailer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Square's released like one game for the Vita they've actually made themselves (And it was an outsourced port) in both Japan and NA and their 3DS games aren't exactly a large library over there either. With like Theatrhythm, Bravely Default, KH3D, a few DQ spinoffs, and DQ7 being the rest. Unless we're seriously going to bring loving phone games into this like that isn't always a crapshoot with every Japanese company bringing one over to America.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FFX question: is there any reason I shouldn't toss deathstrike into a capture weapon? You get the materials from doing the calm lands capturing, and I figure Rikku with Mug+Death+Capturing could be cool.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there a vague party strategy for X-2? I'd guess from just starting Yuna does mage-y stuff, Paine does warrior-y stuff, Rikku does thief-y stuff, and Brother does ???-y stuff. Do your stats when you level up depend on what sphere or grid the character was using?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

FFX question: is there any reason I shouldn't toss deathstrike into a capture weapon? You get the materials from doing the calm lands capturing, and I figure Rikku with Mug+Death+Capturing could be cool.

Deathstrike on a Capture weapon is a great idea, as is Stonestrike for the rare monster that is immune to death, and Evade and Counter for the extremely rare monster that is immune to both.

KDdidit posted:

Is there a vague party strategy for X-2? I'd guess from just starting Yuna does mage-y stuff, Paine does warrior-y stuff, Rikku does thief-y stuff, and Brother does ???-y stuff. Do your stats when you level up depend on what sphere or grid the character was using?

Yuna, Rikku, and Paine are functionally identical, when you level up,the stat increases are independent of whatever sphere they were using. There might be small differences in their stats, but the biggest difference is what abilities their Mascot, and Special Dresspheres get, and even then, it isn't much of a different.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Systematic System posted:

Deathstrike on a Capture weapon is a great idea, as is Stonestrike for the rare monster that is immune to death, and Evade and Counter for the extremely rare monster that is immune to both.

I did not know stonestrike would work too. Already got an evade and counter one for Wakka, I'll give Rikku a death one then. Thanks!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god, I still have eighteen games of blitzball left before I can get the Sigil. I'm going to hear the blitzball music in my loving nightmares.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

Oh my god, I still have eighteen games of blitzball left before I can get the Sigil. I'm going to hear the blitzball music in my loving nightmares.

Is the despair settling in yet? That's the despair know as Blitzball.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Here's the third volume of Theatrythm Curtain Call's songs: Spin-Off songs!

From Final Fantasy USA :911: to Lightning Returns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9fg-E40T5A

The first two volumes

FFI to FFVII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK5OTWi84ag

FFVIII to FFXIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeashmQGvBU

That's all the songs from Curtain Call.

I love that Tactics' map terrain is pretty much going to be Orbonne and the ruins from the ending cutscene. Nothing else really translates that well. Maybe the dam or the execution site just to spite players.
Knights of the Round are a new summon. :getin:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh my god mugging auto death capture Rikku is the greatest

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's never too early to talk about this so what are everyone's hopes for SE at E3? And what do you actually expect out of them at E3?

Honestly I'd love to see SOMETHING playable for XV even if it's the tiniest of combat demos, but I know it's much more likely that all we'll get is a new trailer.

I'm glad at least that they've been showing off Kingdom Hearts III gameplay, even though it's very early. The developers said that they didn't want to keep people in the dark for so long like during most of XV's development, although that was probably because they ween't working on the game at all for most of that time, since both FFXIII and ARR needed every developer the company could spare.

XV's being developed for DirectX 11, and being ported to the PS4 and Xbox One, so maybe that will make it more likely that they'll have a playable demo. A lot of optimization happens right at the end of development, so it might not be ready to have a playable console build, and in any case they could just use a powerful computer to run it.

Whether it's playable or not should give us a better idea of its release date. I think that if there's a demo, it's coming out in 2015, and if there isn't then it's coming out in 2016. A Realm Reborn was made incredibly quickly for an MMO, especially given its quality, so hopefully that gave the company experience with creating large game worlds and content efficiently.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

Hell, for the latter, there's even a fan translation patch being released.
I'm somewhat disappointed that it seems to be fairly competent.

I was hoping for the usual clusterfuck of not-translated Japanese honourifics, and word-for-word, stilted literal transcriptions of what is being said.

So, basically how Final Fantasy XIII was translated? :v:

I can't wait to finally play the whole game, although with PPSSPP being as good as it is I'm not too disappointed that it won't be on the Vita. It's a shame games with voice acting will never be completely indistinguishable, since playing Mother 3 on a flash card made it easy to forget that it wasn't an official Nintendo release. I can think of some things they would have censored, though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game in almost 10 years, so I'm not really interested anymore.

I'm cautiously optimistic about FFXV, though.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

That loving Sned posted:

So, basically how Final Fantasy XIII was translated? :v:

"You're so sugoi, Raitoningu-sama. Not like that baka, Sunou!"
"Hōpu-kun. Address me in the future pronoun of Raito-san. Or I will utsu you. Now, let us summon our Phantom Beasts of Illusion."

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 23, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Not nearly enough expletives, B-.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

I've love to see a playable FFXV, but at this point I more expect to see a trailer that is mostly recut scenes they've already shown before, with the promise of more information "'soon. Please be excited."

Also, I expect they will announce FFXVI, which at this point is the title doodled on a cocktail napkin.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

I've love to see a playable FFXV, but at this point I more expect to see a trailer that is mostly recut scenes they've already shown before, with the promise of more information "'soon. Please be excited."

Also, I expect they will announce FFXVI, which at this point is the title doodled on a cocktail napkin.

And it will still look pretty drat good because Amano.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So with the announcement, I pulled out my copy of Theatrythm and started playing it again. Now I remembered why I stopped.

Can someone enlighten me as to why the detection on the arrow notes is ether too drat sensitive to any slip in the wrong direction (i.e. put the stylus on the screen and a is slips a very tiny bit up on a right arrow) or not sensitive enough that it is reading them as taps? I can Crit/Great most of the FFII battle music but I will keep losing chains on those stupid arrow notes even if I do the exact same motions over and over every time I restart the drat song.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The White Dragon posted:

Not nearly enough expletives, B-.

This is no fan-translation, bub. Don't you understand? Adding filthy English expletives would only detract from the purity, of the original tongue. :qq:

Schwartzcough posted:

Look at it this way, if they announce it now, then they'll have over a decade to work on it. :v:

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

As far as the FF games go, SE said that they would concentrate on FFXIV:ARR's post launch content for this year (2014 for XIV, 2015 for XV?). It's possible that we'll see new footage of FFXV at e3. However, we shouldn't take it at face value, especially if we don't have a live demo of uncut gameplay. The company has a history of releasing carefully edited trailers to mask a troubled development cycle. From FFXII to FFXIV 1.0, we've seen talented, experienced game lead crumble under a dated waterfall development methodology that isn't capable of efficiently producing big budget HD games. Unless they fix their development culture, we'll always end up with games that take a very long time to make, have tremendous cuts to content, and feel that they've missed years of industry advancement in game design.

As I mentioned the past, I don't have much hope for FFXV coming out on time and, more importantly, being a quality game that is up the industry standard in its design/feature set. This view doesn't have anything to do with who is working on the game. While many are who are excited about the concept and names working on the game, SE hasn't shown they have overcome their previous development hurdles. The game remains an enigma with the developer still talking about how certain features aren't locked in yet. The fundamental issue with the company is that they are using a development methodology that scales poorly with the development of modern AAA games. In other words, it's incredibly costly to make drastic changes late into development.

The way SE develops their games, especially big projects, is that they have expensive, time consuming art assets created before much of the actual game design is finished. This means the company creates way more assets than they will ever use. This is why you see FFXIII have nearly ten times as many artists as it had engineers and programmers. As mentioned in the post-mortems I previously uploaded, this results in a significant portion of the team being inactive or directionless as engineers and designers struggle with development issues. It's also why Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within had enough shots cut to make another feature length movie.

Is this a bad way to make a game? It really depends on the circumstances of the development team and what it is trying to accomplish. Waterfall can be a fertile ground for creativity among a well-disciplined team working on a small project with a small overhead. A lot of SE's DS and PSP games used this method to great success.

However, this approach scales poorly with the size of most AAA productions. It's why Bioshock Infinite ended up being such an expensive and long delayed project since so many changes were made late into development. Modern games development uses heavy prototyping in order to fine tune different aspects of a game before going into full production. In other words, it's pretty much guaranteed that a big budget SE project with a high headcount will end up wasting resources, entering production bottlenecks, and just end up plain stuck in development hell.

FFXIV: ARR managed to overcome these issues by making significant changes to their engine and development methodology. Yoshida had to fight a lot of cultural inertia when rebooting the project. However, it was a all hands on deck scenario. As much of a turnabout that game is, I'm not entirely impressed given that it killed a number of smaller projects through resource consolidation.

These small projects usually gave young talent a way to develop their skills and potentially enter leadership roles. This is an incredible part of identifying and developing the next generation of developers. A lot of potential talent in a game company ends up as a low level cog without an opportunity to exercise their talent. For example, Guild Wars's award winning artist, Daniel Dociu, used to be a mid-level artist under EA. He worked on licensed games such as which FIFA and James Bond which underutilized his skills in architecture and industrial design. Under Arena Net (a smaller agile company), he went on to establish a coherent art style, become their art director, and nurtured their next generation of artists.

So, you can throw money and talent at this flawed development methodology but a you'll end up with a game that's as flawed as the methodology. It's extremely difficult to make a quality title on time and budget if you're creating expensive art assets before game design is locked down in pre-production. At AAA team sizes, it'll lead to development inefficiency and cut features. Most modern games finalize core design before iterating them during development. They usually have heavy prototyping where they test out different gameplay elements before heavily iterating them.

There's no reason why FFXV should be re-revealed through a pair of schizophrenic trailers other than development continuing to be difficult with core design still in flux. Assuming the project was rebooted in early 2012 and actually utilized a modern development methodology, we should have a clear idea of what the game is and how it will play. It should have a live demo that features uncut gameplay with a vertical slice of core features, similar to Dragon Age Inquisition's gameplay video at PAX. We could also look at Kojima Production and MGS5 as a company that created a new engine, publically identified previous development inefficiencies at GDC, and used this knowledge to create a more ambitious title (which is playable and has been demoed).

So, that's why I'm not getting my hopes for FFXV or any other big budget game from SE (that doesn't have Yoshida and a blank 'fix the MMO' check). SE Osaka is a talented team but they might run into similar development issues when making Kingdom Hearts 3 due to the AAA project's demands. There is a structural problem in the company that needs to be fixed before they can produce efficiently big budget games, especially mainline FF games.

Speaking of which, I'm curious what your thoughts on how SE could revitalize the FF brand. While it has suffered significant damage, the success of FFX/X-2 HD port and FFXIV: ARR suggest people are still interested in Final Fantasy games that are well designed, content rich, and feature strong production values.

While I don't think they'll ever replicate a mega-hit like FFVII, I think creating a series of FFX level hits that come out at regular intervals is possible for the company. I imagine the current game plan is to release FFXV as soon as possible, recoup costs through a FFXV trilogy that shares assets, and start pre-production on FFXVI. Assuming the FFXV trilogy isn't the shot in the arm the series needs, what how would you go about fixing it with FFXVI?

Would you want to focus on online features? Do you think an open world design would help without necessarily going toe-to-toe with Dragon Age: Inqusition/Witcher 3/Elder Scrolls VI? What region should it be tailored towards? More importantly, how would you avoid the mistakes made in the development of FFXII/FFXIII/FFXIV 1.0? I'm curious about your thoughts.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

mateo360 posted:

So with the announcement, I pulled out my copy of Theatrythm and started playing it again. Now I remembered why I stopped.

Can someone enlighten me as to why the detection on the arrow notes is ether too drat sensitive to any slip in the wrong direction (i.e. put the stylus on the screen and a is slips a very tiny bit up on a right arrow) or not sensitive enough that it is reading them as taps? I can Crit/Great most of the FFII battle music but I will keep losing chains on those stupid arrow notes even if I do the exact same motions over and over every time I restart the drat song.

Make sure you're drawing actual lines instead of just flicking, the longer you're in contact with the screen the better it's going to read what you're trying to do.

If your 3DS has seen a lot of action try using another part of the screen, it might be scratched.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You have to ask yourself: what made previous generation FFs really good? and what makes current generation FFs bad? Not just protracted development, but something else. Something missing. Like people have been pointing out: previous FFs felt like they were made to "say" something. They had a director with a vision. Even FFX did. But since then, it's like they lost that.

I think FF13-2 and FF13: LR are solid attempts for SE to recognize what the fans want, probably for the first time. I honestly think we can thank FFXIV 1.0 for that. FFXIV ARR shows that the company still knows how to make an engaging, fun, and atmospheric game. If they ever let Yoshida direct a single player game (which they better) I think they'll have something really good on their hands.

Seriously, the atmosphere in ARR is top notch. The art direction is killer, and not it isn't obsessed with super realism. Maybe having to do all the cut scenes in engine helps keep that sickness at bay?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Sunning posted:

While I don't think they'll ever replicate a mega-hit like FFVII, I think creating a series of FFX level hits that come out at regular intervals is possible for the company. I imagine the current game plan is to release FFXV as soon as possible, recoup costs through a FFXV trilogy that shares assets, and start pre-production on FFXVI. Assuming the FFXV trilogy isn't the shot in the arm the series needs, what how would you go about fixing it with FFXVI?

Would you want to focus on online features? Do you think an open world design would help without necessarily going toe-to-toe with Dragon Age: Inqusition/Witcher 3/Elder Scrolls VI? What region should it be tailored towards? More importantly, how would you avoid the mistakes made in the development of FFXII/FFXIII/FFXIV 1.0? I'm curious about your thoughts.

From reading the post-mortems, it sounds to me like SE has been doing a "group thinktank" approach to the game design; not just in features, but in the overall direction of the game. It may not all be from the developers, but also from corporate oversight. For example, the way Vaan and Penelo were forced onto XII to appeal to a "target audience" (and the general meddling that seemed to result in Matsuno's breakdown in general), and the general realization SE seemed to show after Bravely Default that trying to design games to appeal to everyone has made them appeal to no one. This approach seems to lead to years of meetings that go nowhere, trying to decide what the game will be about and how it will play and what it will include. All the while, there are teams of artists and designers twiddling their thumbs, making pointless assets, and not making any progress towards a playable framework because they don't know what the game will even BE. The constant changes lead to a breakdown in communication between teams so that effort is wasted on discarded ideas, duplicated, or otherwise lost.

Instead, I think they need to establish a number of fundamentals about the game with a minimum of "group thinking":

• A story should be plotted out early. It should be written by a minimum of writers and editors so that it may actually tell a compelling narrative with themes and a focus, instead of trying to tie together a bunch of already-produced assets, or having unnecessary elements shoe-horned in for market appeal.
  • An art designer may want to sit in on the story meetings, so they can start working on a general look to match the feel of the story, as well as art for the areas, characters, etc. that will actually be in the plot. They can start designating work to the artists once they have a good idea what assets will actually be used.
  • The gameplay structure should be settled on early. This will allow them to begin work on a game engine early, and hopefully allow for a vertical slice early on. The faster this is done, the more time there is for fine-tuning and actually making a product that's fun to play. This will likely go hand-in-hand with optimizing the graphics engine based on how graphically-intensive the gameplay will be (e.g. amount of characters on-screen, real-time or turn-based, etc).

Once the fundamentals have been firmly set, then they can bring in a larger team to actually implement them, rather than having a huge team wasting time on an amorphous project. Group input may be acceptable for tweaks and minor changes, but there should be a moratorium on any major design changes barring some unforeseen brick walls.

Perhaps this would lead to a longish design period, but they're already wasting huge amounts of time on indecision and reworking ideas, and it would almost certainly be more economical and lead to a more coherent end-product than their current strategy.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 23, 2014

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If Yoshida directed a game, we'd *ugh* probably get "[protagonist team] go up against [evil empire] with the help of [MAGIC] but in the end it turns out [UNRELATED BULLSHIT] is the cause behind [EVERYTHING] and the [protagonist team] have to go through a period of self doubt [padding] before utilizing the power of [emotion related moral] to win [a unit of time]."

I don't know about you, but I want more kawaii anime in my concluding delusions.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I think one of the things that made early FF really amazing was a scale that was conveyed via the gameplay rather than solely through visuals. I mean after X you began losing things like Airships and the Overworld which while still somewhat present, made the games feel a lot less like I was GOING on an adventure and more like I was WATCHING an adventure.

Something that games like Dark Souls and Monster Hunter have gotten across is conveying scale and scope and grandeur WITHOUT these things but they're fantasy role-playing games that built up a world of adventure through coherent and meaningful gameplay systems that made exploration and engagement with the world FUN. Rather FF has tried to create similar LOOKING worlds with gameplay systems that feel like almost tacked-on afterthoughts that don't compliment the type of game they're creating. With FF I'm tired of LOOKING at worlds I'm not really DRAWN INTO as a player, there's no escape, just observation.

Also Toriyama needs to loving go. Forever.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

If Yoshida directed a game, we'd *ugh* probably get "[protagonist team] go up against [evil empire] with the help of [MAGIC] but in the end it turns out [UNRELATED BULLSHIT] is the cause behind [EVERYTHING] and the [protagonist team] have to go through a period of self doubt [padding] before utilizing the power of [emotion related moral] to win [a unit of time]."

I don't know about you, but I want more kawaii anime in my concluding delusions.

But that's already the story of every Final Fantasy game.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I basically just want a huge budget sprawling RPG with an enormous job system that features loving EVERY single job ever, and then the game is just about a group of cool kids leaving town one day and not coming back until they've beaten all of the monsters ever, and then God and then Space God and then Super Space God and his Final Form.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gologle posted:

"SeeD go up against Witches with the help of a Witch but in the end it turns out Witches are the cause behind Witches and the Witch has to go through a period of self doubt before utilizing the power of Witches to save Kompressed Time."

Yeah seems like it works.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Airships are fun for approximately one hour until you realize that flying everywhere is dumb and time consuming and a relic from a time when ffs had to be as intentionally time consuming as possible, and then you grow to hate them and wish there was just a fast travel option

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Occupation posted:

Airships are fun for approximately one hour until you realize that flying everywhere is dumb and time consuming and a relic from a time when ffs had to be as intentionally time consuming as possible, and then you grow to hate them and wish there was just a fast travel option

You are the new Azure Horizon. You are the new holder of the Bad Opinions.

EDIT: Proof of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnl6NoEVdo

VVVV--A grocer would simply organize the inventory so that the Cashier could throw weapons at enemies in order of monetary value, and support the team by feeding them an endless supply of slightly bruised fruit.

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 23, 2014

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I basically just want a huge budget sprawling RPG with an enormous job system that features loving EVERY single job ever, and then the game is just about a group of cool kids leaving town one day and not coming back until they've beaten all of the monsters ever, and then God and then Space God and then Super Space God and his Final Form.

The true pro run of FFXVI is the Plumber, Dishwasher, Sewage Maintenance, Grocery Clerk level 1 no items speed run. Everything else is babby tier.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

When I think of the moments in every Final Fantasy where I felt that NOW I'm on an adventure, it's when I first get access to the entire world. In FF7 it's leaving Midgard for the first time, in FF3 it was finding out that the world you're on is one TINY PART of a much LARGER world. Those are the moments I want to feel in a Final Fantasy game. Like in FF13-2 even, when the whole Time Travel thing is revealed it's like this whole grand scape opens in front of you and THAT'S when it becomes Final Fantasy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Occupation posted:

The feeling of exploration is basically the best thing ever, and if you don't enjoy doing so on the deck of a flying galleon then you just have no romance in your soul.

I wouldn't mind having a fast travel system, but I want the option of making the journey manually as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BottledBodhisvata posted:

You are the new Azure Horizon. You are the new holder of the Bad Opinions.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

I bumped heads with AH more than anyone and let me just say you went too loving far.

AH was a literal rapist. Watch where you throw that name around!