Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

deadly_pudding posted:

Pokemon but one of the Legendaries is Albert Wesker, who fused with an Ultra Beast like Lillie's mom and stayed that way?

Nooo I haven't finished Moon yet :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pretty much what I expected.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Healbot posted:

Pretty much what I expected.

Yeah, ARMS seems like they really wanted to replicate Splatoon's success more than anything.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pollyanna posted:

Nooo I haven't finished Moon yet :cry:

My bad. I added spoiler tags, but I can't do anything about the post that quoted me. I figured 6 months was the statute of limitations on spoilers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, ARMS seems like they really wanted to replicate Splatoon's success more than anything.

Aye I wasn't expecting ARMS to be anything grand like Splatoon was.

Seems about the right sort of score for it. Probably going to be seeing a fair few 8/10s for it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ah yes, Famitsu, the pinnacle of integrity.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Ah yes, Famitsu, the pinnacle of integrity.

Please do not insult nintendogs by proxy

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm excited and worried for the developments of the day :ohdear:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm excited and worried for the developments of the day :ohdear:

Right now it could be joyful jubilation or a riot that could be so furious it could spill into all of Games and create mayhem for they next three days

Basically what I'm saying is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Famitsu takes bribes for good scores and nintendo spent their bribe money on zelda ;p

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

never mind

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

This Pokemon Direct starts in approximately an hour?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

deadly_pudding posted:

My bad. I added spoiler tags, but I can't do anything about the post that quoted me. I figured 6 months was the statute of limitations on spoilers.

It is, I'm just slow at finishing games these days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Beastie posted:

This Pokemon Direct starts in approximately an hour?

And 10min

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/LCASTUDIOS_USJ/status/871970049837285376

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wendell posted:

Why don't you just punish the people who spend all their time trying to be as annoying as possible? This is not a both sides are bad situation!

It is lots of different people making the thread a chore. Some people are reporting others just because they don't share the same opinion. That is not what the report function is for. I think it is a problem with the thread makeup itself. People automatically assuming that others are wrong because of past instances.

There are a few probations currently awaiting processing which should remove some people, but it's more a reminder to the rest of the thread that they are not obligated to reply to everything they disagree with. That if they do reply then make it funny/interesting and not just a continuation of bad posting. That people need to report and it will be dealt with to the best of our abilities.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGames posted:

It is lots of different people making the thread a chore. Some people are reporting others just because they don't share the same opinion. That is not what the report function is for. I think it is a problem with the thread makeup itself. People automatically assuming that others are wrong because of past instances.

There are a few probations currently awaiting processing which should remove some people, but it's more a reminder to the rest of the thread that they are not obligated to reply to everything they disagree with. That if they do reply then make it funny/interesting and not just a continuation of bad posting. That people need to report and it will be dealt with to the best of our abilities.

Do you have a problem with posts like

quote:

ARMS is bad and dumb

quote:

actually, ARMS is good and fun

because short little non-attacks like that can be charming filler sometimes IMO

also, ARMS is OK and fun enough.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh my goddddddd

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

so early on and yet :swoon:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

I hate that I live 15 minutes from Universal Orlando and I have to wait until at least 2020 for this poo poo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Do you have a problem with posts like
because short little non-attacks like that can be charming filler sometimes IMO

I've not played ARMS so I have no idea if it is good or fun, and little posts like that aren't really the issue. The bigger issue is in the method of discussion.

Take the Xbone thread as a prime example of what I don't want to happen here. The Xbone is a bad console with a lot of bizarre design choices and ridiculous problems. The people who bought Xbones because they wanted to support Microsoft couldn't distance their own personal feelings about their purchase from those who wanted to make fun of Microsoft's missteps. It lead to a lot of friction and people clamouring for two threads when it did not need to be the case.

Those who complained whenever the Xbone was sullied became constant targets for ridicule and eventually they split off into two, one of which still resides in Games while the other is more of a general chat thread that has outgrown the Xbone. It never needed to be this way. You should be able to laugh at flaws in your purchases. You should be able to realise that an attack on something you own is not an attack on you.

When it IS framed as an attack on you, then report it and I will step in and say "that's not right, here have a probation/ban." We do not need to console warrior anymore. Please report these posts because I do miss them sometimes.

Two people who do bring this thread down are currently in limbo. One will be probated for a day as soon as it goes through, with the addendum that they are no longer allowed to post in this thread. The other has toxxed themselves on a reveal. If they are wrong, then they too are no longer allowed in this thread. This should go some way to making things easier.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That Universal ride just makes me wish there was some kind of cross promotion with those old obstacle course shows. MXC (Takeshi's Castle)? Wipeout?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

VideoGames posted:

I've not played ARMS so I have no idea if it is good or fun, and little posts like that aren't really the issue. The bigger issue is in the method of discussion.

Take the Xbone thread as a prime example of what I don't want to happen here. The Xbone is a bad console with a lot of bizarre design choices and ridiculous problems. The people who bought Xbones because they wanted to support Microsoft couldn't distance their own personal feelings about their purchase from those who wanted to make fun of Microsoft's missteps. It lead to a lot of friction and people clamouring for two threads when it did not need to be the case.

Those who complained whenever the Xbone was sullied became constant targets for ridicule and eventually they split off into two, one of which still resides in Games while the other is more of a general chat thread that has outgrown the Xbone. It never needed to be this way. You should be able to laugh at flaws in your purchases. You should be able to realise that an attack on something you own is not an attack on you.

When it IS framed as an attack on you, then report it and I will step in and say "that's not right, here have a probation/ban." We do not need to console warrior anymore. Please report these posts because I do miss them sometimes.

Two people who do bring this thread down are currently in limbo. One will be probated for a day as soon as it goes through, with the addendum that they are no longer allowed to post in this thread. The other has toxxed themselves on a reveal. If they are wrong, then they too are no longer allowed in this thread. This should go some way to making things easier.
What about this post, is it ok to make incredibly dumb, intentionally flaming posts?

The people taking the bait were idiots and part of the problem really, but seriously.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This better be Pokemon Go 2 exclusive Blackberry Boogaloo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh my goddddddd

Kashuno posted:

so early on and yet :swoon:

The Machine posted:

I hate that I live 15 minutes from Universal Orlando and I have to wait until at least 2020 for this poo poo.

Phantasium posted:

That Universal ride just makes me wish there was some kind of cross promotion with those old obstacle course shows. MXC (Takeshi's Castle)? Wipeout?

It's not a ride or anything.

It's an announce stage in a parking lot, sorry should have clarified.

STILL! Mario Zone in a theme park is pretty dope.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames give me a :v: icon in my name like your icon

That way everyone knows I'm being sarcastic all the time

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Infinitum posted:

STILL! Mario Zone in a theme park is pretty dope.

Eh, I'll hold out for Pumpkin Zone.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

What about this post, is it ok to make incredibly dumb, intentionally flaming posts?

The people taking the bait were idiots and part of the problem really, but seriously.

That is a terrible post and exactly the kind I hope do not reappear.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Announcement just leaked.

It's a new Pokemon anime/game tie-in

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

VideoGames posted:

The other has toxxed themselves on a reveal. If they are wrong, then they too are no longer allowed in this thread.

I hope that's me and I will respect it after arranging the at cost sale with a friendly goon. Either way I will endeavor to be a more positive member of the community! But I hope Stardew Valley comes out instead :negative:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

*edges toward the door*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I hope that's me and I will respect it after arranging the at cost sale with a friendly goon. Either way I will endeavor to be a more positive member of the community! But I hope Stardew Valley comes out instead :negative:

It is not you :) I like your posts a lot in this thread. I have laughed at many of them!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

Announcement just leaked.

It's a new Pokemon anime/game tie-in

:eyepoop:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

VideoGames posted:

It is not you :) I like your posts a lot in this thread. I have laughed at many of them!

Thank you friend, I will keep trying to be a bastion of greatness in that case!

Semper games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Let me know when you make a funny post Dr Tim

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Let me know when you make a funny post Dr Tim

never

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hooray video games saved the day.

Now to watch the Pokémon Direct.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

7min until Nintendo wins E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrhSB3vz7A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I hope my posting hasn't been an issue :ohdear:

• Locked thread