Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Main Paineframe posted:

Well, I pulled Nito, Serenity, Ozy, and Karn. The last two came off two summon tickets in a row, at that. My gacha luck sure has changed...now I just need to scrape up EXP from somewhere, since I've already blown through all my event embers. As the content gets tougher, it gets more and more expensive to raise new servants to a usable level.

On the plus side, with that group, farming mats will be a breeze and Ozy can take care of the tricky stuff. Nice pulls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I believe it's been stated already but there is a strong possibility that when the Anniversary hits we will get 1/2 AP dailies (so, get XP then) and triple great/super success boosts (so, level up folks then).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Wait, I don't understand. How can Sherlock Holmes be here if he wasn't sent by either Merlin or Chaldea? The only remaining choice is the Grail did it, but Sherlock mentions coming himself as a favor to Babbage in London, which would imply that he somehow just transported himself here.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

Additive, it's why it's 60/40 like that. You get it to 10 to guarantee infinite Dio laughing.
Hell fuckin' yeah.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
Well, I did a ten-pull just to have something to whine about and actually got Saberlot. That didn't give me anything to whine about so I had to pull again and got NP2 Saberlot. Desire sensor confirmed?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are there any benefits from doing Interlude missions, aside from the Quartz you get as a reward? I can probably get Robin Hood ascended, but I do not really need to, and I have a feeling I should not go out of my way at this point to do so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Are there any benefits from doing Interlude missions, aside from the Quartz you get as a reward? I can probably get Robin Hood ascended, but I do not really need to, and I have a feeling I should not go out of my way at this point to do so.
the servant usually (but not always) gets some kind of boost, usually a stronger noble phantasm

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

the servant usually (but not always) gets some kind of boost, usually a stronger noble phantasm

Is that separate from the NP levels you can get from eating dups?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah. It'll be a different kind of boost to the NP effect itself.

Interludes are also nice if you like a servant or want to see more of them, since you go off on a little short side story with them. And some of them have some rewards of their own; for example, Teach's interlude famously gives a bunch of Forbidden Pages, and Robin Hood's first interlude level drops some EXP embers.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Unlucky7 posted:

Many of them also lead to upgrades for the Servant the interlude is about.

Not Robin Hood though.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
You should still do it because Robin is best boy and he'll never let you down tho

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
You can tell if there's an NP or skill upgrade for the interlude by checking the reward box. If it's a medal looking thing it's a skill upgrade, if it's a sword it's an NP upgrade.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Unlucky7 posted:

Yes, for example Euryale's NP goes from 900% damage to 1200%, Gilgamesh's goes from 300%(NP1) to 400% and gains a 30% NP damage buff that activities before the NP deals it's damage boosting the effective damage to 520%.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Yes, it absolutely is, and in some cases it adds an effect or boosts something besides the damage. Euryale's interlude boosts her bonus damage to males, D'eon's makes their debuffs last an extra turn, etc. if you're using a servant, do their interlude as soon as possible if it gives any kind of gameplay boost. You can tell which ones actually have a gameplay effect by waiting on the menu and seeing if it's just a quartz icon or if it fades out of the quartz icon to shows another kind of icon. Sword is an NP boost, shield is some kind of skill boost or new skill.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Camelot: Fighting Mordred 2 rounds in a row, and she uses her NP on the second round. :suicide:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Geez, gate murdered me and forced me to use my command seals. I am definitely not equipped for this, should I start leveling up the single Eurayle I have?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

Yes, it absolutely is, and in some cases it adds an effect or boosts something besides the damage. Euryale's interlude boosts her bonus damage to males, D'eon's makes their debuffs last an extra turn, etc. if you're using a servant, do their interlude as soon as possible if it gives any kind of gameplay boost. You can tell which ones actually have a gameplay effect by waiting on the menu and seeing if it's just a quartz icon or if it fades out of the quartz icon to shows another kind of icon. Sword is an NP boost, shield is some kind of skill boost or new skill.

Uh, Endorph? That's not what Euryale's NP interlude does - it boosts her base damage against all targets from 900% to 1200%. Her bonus damage vs. males is purely affected by NP level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
David is far more important honestly to level

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

Uh, Endorph? That's not what Euryale's NP interlude does - it boosts her base damage against all targets from 900% to 1200%. Her bonus damage vs. males is purely affected by NP level.

It also increases her bonus damage to males by NP level. It goes from 150% to 250% at NP 5, so its a pretty significant increase.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I did four ten pulls this morning, and got, in order, Nightingale, Nitocris, Ozymandias, Saberlot, and Vlad. What the gently caress???

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Lt. Lizard posted:

It also increases her bonus damage to males by NP level. It goes from 150% to 250% at NP 5, so its a pretty significant increase.

Yeah but they are talking about the Interlude for her NP, that only increases the base damage from 900% to 1200%, the bonus damage to males is the same before and after the Interlude.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Lynkericious posted:

I did four ten pulls this morning, and got, in order, Nightingale, Nitocris, Ozymandias, Saberlot, and Vlad. What the gently caress???

Congrats! Very nice luck there!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Vengarr posted:

I would have liked a silent, empty screen better.

But then who'd be operating the shop.

Gologle posted:

Wait, I don't understand. How can Sherlock Holmes be here if he wasn't sent by either Merlin or Chaldea? The only remaining choice is the Grail did it, but Sherlock mentions coming himself as a favor to Babbage in London, which would imply that he somehow just transported himself here.
Some dudes just can do that. (His profile has a bit of an implication on how but I don't recall there being any sort of confirmation)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/FateGO_USA/status/1012742787626872832

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah but they are talking about the Interlude for her NP, that only increases the base damage from 900% to 1200%, the bonus damage to males is the same before and after the Interlude.

Huh, Cirnopedia lists that her original Anti-Male damage is 130% to 150% depending on NP level, and that after interlude it increases to 150% to 250%. The official wiki lists her Anti-Male damage as 150% to 250% even before the interlude. Guess one of the wikis screwed up?

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 29, 2018

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Cirnopedia is randomly wrong on some stuff, and atwiki also says that only the base modifier got bumped, so I would go with that being correct.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

But number go up

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Meanwhile on JP we are again reminded how we are denied from Avenger Boudica

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Bholder posted:

Meanwhile on JP we are again reminded how we are denied from Avenger Boudica

There's always Summer 3! I would love if the Summer 2 fight was a tease, I really want angry Avenger Boudica

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I want to roll for Da Vinci. Her banner will be put for the anniversary, right?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

I want to roll for Da Vinci. Her banner will be put for the anniversary, right?

Correct.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'm extremely disappointed that the game doesn't actually let me hug Cursed Arm Hassan

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Retcon posted:

I'm extremely disappointed that the game doesn't actually let me hug Cursed Arm Hassan

Fun fact: Grailing counts as hugging!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Why am I getting EVERYTHING BUT A NITO.
NP4 Sabelot and now this

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Fun fact: Grailing counts as hugging!
Already grailed him months ago, though reading his dialogue in this singularity makes me want to give him more grails for that sweet golden border.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
What should I do with Extra Servant copies once I maxed their NP? I am guessing that if they are 3 stars to just burn them for the Mana, but what about those lower? Worth using as XP fodder?

Please help I am drowning in Mozarts.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They aren't worth feeding for xp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Unlucky7 posted:

What should I do with Extra Servant copies once I maxed their NP? I am guessing that if they are 3 stars to just burn them for the Mana, but what about those lower? Worth using as XP fodder?

Please help I am drowning in Mozarts.

Mana prism. Always keep a cache for the monthly store reset, and you're building towards Chaldea Lunchtime which costs 5k prisms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Mozart won't give them prisms but yeah burn them too, they're not worth using for exp unless you're extremely near the cap.