Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'd be happy with it still taking time to "load" as long as it was one click or a radial menu to select -> Load -> Swap in like 1-2 clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
You can press L to directly open the party screen. Make sure you're completely still when doing so though, any movement or action will cancel the loading.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

mycot posted:

I suspect that inactive characters don't "exist" until you open the party screen, which is why there's always a loading time and oddities like Statues of the Seven only healing the active party.

You can theoretically heal them by talking to the statue (lol) (this has never seemed to actually work for me, but the option's there)

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'd be happy with it still taking time to "load" as long as it was one click or a radial menu to select -> Load -> Swap in like 1-2 clicks.

L1+direction, l1 or r1, square, circle. EZ :v:

Still takes a dog's age to adequately load the characters in your new team on a ps4, though. And obviously it's only that simple if the party you want is adjacent to the party you've got set; and that becomes less likely once you've actually used all 9 party slots or however many there are now. Honestly, it's faster to just swap a single person in your party when you need someone to light a torch or whatever.

fe: Also I think you have to go into the options menu, but the default radial wheel only has like 4 slots? There's an option to give it 8, you'll probably want that on, if you've not done it already.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I didn't think about the radial menu on PC before, I adjusted it to the 4 direction one (can't seem to leave entries blank?) as I don't need quick axis to most of the options, I'll try it out!

As an aside, the gently caress, apparently when a enemy is knocked down Collei's boomerang can miss and pass right over them :catstare:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Both Collei and DMC's skills an just miss like that and it is extremely frustrating. Like neither is exceptionally powerful but they gave them this very narrow aoe to further poo poo on them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

easy, just get more colleis until she eminates dendro, and then never care about that boomerang

besides, the real good collei boomerang is in her na combo.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Finally got Arle with only 20 hours left on the banner...

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.
Noticed I needed constellations for pyronado and decided to throw some wishes at the banner since I was only five pity past getting Arle and couldn't really gently caress anything up. Went from c3 xiang and c0 arle to c6 and c1 after 30 pulls. The last ten pull was xiang/xiang/arle.

I'm not spending a dime until they rerun furina since there's no way I don't lose the 50/50 after that kind of luck.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Dangit, 13 hours left and 80ish pulls in and no Knave. I don't need to spend money on her, I tell myself, I've got C1 Hu Tao with a Staff of Homa, I can't justify it. Dammit. Nope. Not doing it. I bought the Welkin, that's the limit of it - this far and no further.

Dammit

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Furina rerun is next update, right? Think I'm gonna skip Wanderer and save for that.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm hoping for a Navia rerun before Natlan, I lost 50/50 on her and I've been kicking myself for not taking the guarantee when I had the chance.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Augus posted:

Furina rerun is next update, right? Think I'm gonna skip Wanderer and save for that.

I'll be waiting to pull on her as well, for one because she's basically like Weiss from RWBY; and I won't stop until I recreate Team RWBY in Genshin.

I think that'd basically be Lumine (Ruby), Furina (Weiss), Navia? (Yang, or at least the meme online version of Navia feels like Yang), Keqing (Blake).

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 14, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol, I got instantly recaptured after my timer was up in the hide and seek game because I assumed I'd be uncaptureable/invisible for at least a little while in the jail cell

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eimi posted:

Both Collei and DMC's skills an just miss like that and it is extremely frustrating. Like neither is exceptionally powerful but they gave them this very narrow aoe to further poo poo on them.
The weird thing is that DMC's skill is actually has a significantly larger cone than the animation suggests... except that as far as I can tell its hitbox is just a 2D plane at waist height so even minor elevation differences makes it whiff. It's such a bizarre design that I can only assume it was an intentional functionality nerf to keep DMC from being too good or something. :psyduck:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Asimo posted:

The weird thing is that DMC's skill is actually has a significantly larger cone than the animation suggests... except that as far as I can tell its hitbox is just a 2D plane at waist height so even minor elevation differences makes it whiff. It's such a bizarre design that I can only assume it was an intentional functionality nerf to keep DMC from being too good or something. :psyduck:

My guess as a game dev myself is it was placeholder implementation that never got iterated on.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my mossy girl is C6 so I wonder if that means shes a good unit now?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I found Collei solid, but I never encountered any issues with getting the boomerang to hit enemies so if you don’t get on with the boomerang might be a pain. And C6 just gives you a bunch more dendro regardless!

Just got wanderer! Wanted him when he first appeared but lost that 50/50. Now I can fly around pretending to be a DBZ character.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey do any of y'all have any idea when Yoimiya will be run next?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The boomerang missing mostly happens when you're fighting anything that can raise its height like flying enemies or the floating fungi.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wanderer has a very fun active playstyle, but if you wanna do big damage numbers be aware he needs a LOT of investment. Great for zoomzoom in the overworld regardless though - in which case I recommend having a character that can apply hydro to the party to boost his flying stamina.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Agreed on wanderer. The good news is he loves lots of different weapons. the bad news is you really want his set.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wanderer's artifact domain isn't too bad though, fortunately. I think he's the only character so far who even uses that set. I'd recommend pulling for him just for the exploration utility because his skill is fantastic for getting around. If you have Faruzan, especially at C6 then he becomes a very solid character to have because Faruzan buffs him like crazy and double Anemo in an overworld team is always great to have.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

mycot posted:

The boomerang missing mostly happens when you're fighting anything that can raise its height like flying enemies or the floating fungi.

I've been seeing it happen a lot with the Treasure Hoarders, they get knocked/blown away when I use Keqing on them after setting up the Bloom; so when I switch back to Collei to reapply Bloom that's when I notice it missing a lot.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Hey do any of y'all have any idea when Yoimiya will be run next?

probably the next time an archon reruns

i swear she's had the worst luck when it comes to timing

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

probably the next time an archon reruns

i swear she's had the worst luck when it comes to timing

Yeah, I've been meaning to pull her for a while now, but it always seems like she's running with a character I want more than her.

If she's gonna run with an archon then going by the pattern it'll have to be Venti since he's the only archon I'm missing right now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's probably due to be on an inazuma chronicled wish in the not super far future. I think the whole 2.X cast (besides shenhe? who's liyue anyways) has run 3x at this point.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Someone like Yelan feels too good to put on the scam wish, but like Yoimiya/Ganya are in the perfect spot of they are fine but not real movers to go onto it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Wanderer's artifact domain isn't too bad though, fortunately. I think he's the only character so far who even uses that set. I'd recommend pulling for him just for the exploration utility because his skill is fantastic for getting around. If you have Faruzan, especially at C6 then he becomes a very solid character to have because Faruzan buffs him like crazy and double Anemo in an overworld team is always great to have.

Supposedly the other thing in that domain's slightly better for shinobu than gilded dreams or whatever, so there's that at least.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you pull wanderer I highly recommend strongboxing in 2 patches.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Zenostein posted:

Supposedly the other thing in that domain's slightly better for shinobu than gilded dreams or whatever, so there's that at least.
For hyperbloom kuki yeah, but not for aggravate or hybrid kuki.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I have a lot of FoPL and don't use it on kuki because the damage is so close and more EM further scales her healing while FoPL doesn't. Plus as mentioned she does do some aggravates (comp-depending). I have FoPL on Thoma and Kaveh due to doing the domain a lot for wanderer set.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I love Zannir's animations. They always have such nice touches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRcZU0avXqU

Even as short of one as this, Keqing is just having so much fun :3:

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.
So after hitting arle c1 by accident at 30 pity I decided to throw some pulls at baizhu's banner since I didnt have two of the four stars at all. After the first ten pull I now have baizhu and layla. I was at four pity at the time. I'm almost afraid to keep pulling at this point, lest I end up with c2 baizhu or something while trying to build pity for furina.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Granstein posted:

So after hitting arle c1 by accident at 30 pity I decided to throw some pulls at baizhu's banner since I didnt have two of the four stars at all. After the first ten pull I now have baizhu and layla. I was at four pity at the time. I'm almost afraid to keep pulling at this point, lest I end up with c2 baizhu or something while trying to build pity for furina.

C2 Baizhu sounds pretty cool though. Your post reminded me to log in and dump some rolls into trying to get a C2 Baizhu and I got 3 copies of him within like 70 pulls, with a 15-pull refund from all of the extra Beidous.

Earlier I was torn between him and Clorinde to make my aggravate teams more fun and i settled on Baizhu since Yae/Keqing still feel pretty good as electro drivers while Yaoyao is infinitely less comfy/powerful than C2 Baizhu seems to be. Guess I don't need to choose between them anymore.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 16, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I should build my Yae out for aggravate but her current golden troupe set is pretty cracked and I don't want to change it. Like that's a very tough act to follow. Doubly so when I'm in the hell that is farming any usable relics for Arle. Just a single one, please.....

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Vargs posted:

C2 Baizhu sounds pretty cool though. Your post reminded me to log in and dump some rolls into trying to get a C2 Baizhu and I got 3 copies of him within like 70 pulls, with a 15-pull refund from all of the extra Beidous.

Earlier I was torn between him and Clorinde to make my aggravate teams more fun and i settled on Baizhu since Yae/Keqing are still feel pretty good as electro drivers while Yaoyao is infinitely less comfy/powerful than C2 Baizhu seems to be. Guess I don't need to choose between them anymore.

I'm not even sure what to do with him with the characters I have available. I stopped playing way back when Raiden was first released and just picked the game back up a month ago, which was an exceedingly good time since my best prior dps was Eula and now I have a Neuv and Arle that are just leaps and bounds better. I also had won my 50/50 on Raidens first banner, but I haven't gotten around to building her yet. I guess if I do she's probably the best of those three to pair with Baizhu?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Being weird and pulling just to buy Fates from the shop the smart move would be to wait till Clorinde but I'm at 320 rolls RN so it's fine IT'S FINE

Layla C3 Faruzan C6 (40) Layla C4 (50) Favonius Warbow(60) Faruzan C7 The Bell(70) Faruzan (80) Dehya C1 Beidou C15(90)

Well, lost the 50/50 but now I'm sitting on a guarantee. I won Arlecchino, Lyney, Lynette and Freminet off the last banner so I'm not complaining anyway.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Granstein posted:

I'm not even sure what to do with him with the characters I have available. I stopped playing way back when Raiden was first released and just picked the game back up a month ago, which was an exceedingly good time since my best prior dps was Eula and now I have a Neuv and Arle that are just leaps and bounds better. I also had won my 50/50 on Raidens first banner, but I haven't gotten around to building her yet. I guess if I do she's probably the best of those three to pair with Baizhu?

Raiden, Neuv and Baizhu make for a pretty good team all together. Nahida provides much more dendro for hyperbloom of course, but he can work nicely as well if he's got enough ER to burst on cooldown.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
trying to roll on Wanderer since my most recent 5 star Anemo character is loving Venti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Neat, the Cyno quest is open, I had forgotten about it

Remember that Nahida can read minds in Sumeru!