Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

BUT... some of our other teams lost to shitters clans

wait isn't HAVOK like five dudes who never left and FAM apparently killed OTTER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Have a replay where I get a clutch reset and Ace the SP I C.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

wait isn't HAVOK like five dudes who never left and FAM apparently killed OTTER?

dunno just know havok used to be decent and fam is pretty good (i think) right? also just had a 7.2k damage game in jpze100 http://imgur.com/a/fIoUI some credit boost from clan

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

had to pawn my spic , fun tank

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Turmoilx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwHiLX_45c most action i have got in a pub game in years

What's that sound mod?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Have fun with the T-24 and VTU!

I told him to skip straight to the tier 6! :colbert:

Cartoon posted:

Is the Lowe worth getting now?

It's "less bad" now. Still not worth it without a price drop.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I told him to skip straight to the tier 6! :colbert:

the VTU is worse than any number of horrendous tier 2s or 5s because it takes a ton more time to suffer through.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

the VTU is worse than any number of horrendous tier 2s or 5s because it takes a ton more time to suffer through.

I'm still waiting for a sale but I have it unlocked; what's so bad about it again? It looks like a slightly worse Panther 2, faster but with less armor, when you play it with the 88 & the stock turret.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I'm still waiting for a sale but I have it unlocked; what's so bad about it again? It looks like a slightly worse Panther 2, faster but with less armor, when you play it with the 88 & the stock turret.

Well I hated the Panther 2, and a worse Panther 8.8 seems really bad.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Well I hated the Panther 2, and a worse Panther 8.8 seems really bad.

I grinded the Panther 2 twice and the Indien. I think I can handle the VTU because it looks similar:

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:tvp-vtu;2m00000.c:tvp-vtu;3m00000.c:panther-ii.c:indien-pz

...and not necessarily worse all around, they just trade strengths and weaknesses.

Like, I can explain why the A-44 is bad (the alpha is countered by everything else being terrible), or the Chi-Ri (same as the A-44, but for that autoloader), or the Sturer (big gun, but low ammo and slow as gently caress), or the T-24 (abysmal DPM and it doesn't even get anything to make up for that) but I still don't see why goons hate the VTU (aside from the issue with that top turret.) It looks playable, just not a keeper.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The VTU would be a bad pref 8. I've played enough with them in Strongholds, and my FCM constantly outperformed VTUs even when they're driven by better players. Having no armor and an underwhelming gun makes things really difficult to actually do anything.

the fact that the tank needs to use the stock turret and not use the top gun to avoid being the worst tier eight is also kind of hilarious

e: also I haven't actually played the VTU outside of one tier 10 game on test, does it have bad module damage problems like some other Czech tanks?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Trip report:

IS-6 is glorious and makes money like a hooker in Vegas.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Trip report:

IS-6 is glorious and makes money like a hooker in Vegas.

you actually bought two tanks, since you can just shoot APCR in a platoon of three IS-6s and get a 70%+ winrate. Moneymaker plus OP Bullshit in one.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

It went about as well as you might think.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
I've got the tank buying itch again... Should I get the Trump Tank, or the Cocky Frenchie?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mr.48 posted:

I've got the tank buying itch again... Should I get the Trump Tank, or the Cocky Frenchie?

Personally, I'm getting the heavy pershing.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Strv m/38 and m/39

Queue: Vickers E, Christie Combat Car T1/Convertible Medium Tank T3, Type 95, T-70, Dicker Max, T-62

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car T4
Combat Car M1
Light Tank M2

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II
Medium Tank Mk.III
A1E1 Independent
Vickers Mk.E

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40 NEW

:poland:
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
Char B NEW

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzIII Ausf. A
PzIII Ausf. B through D
PzIV Ausf. A through C
PzIV Ausf. D through E

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

anyone wanna watch a is4 get one shot ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynF5YrdfZpE

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

anyone wanna watch a is4 get one shot ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynF5YrdfZpE

Penning at that angle is complete horseshit, but the IS-4 is terrible and the idiot didn't buy an extinguisher so it was probably just Tank God making everything right with the world.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Thank you x5 bonus, I might actually make it out of the VK 28 this weekend.

Injuryprone fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 13, 2016

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's that sound mod?

i dont think i have any sound mods if i do i dont know

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's that sound mod?

Turn engine noise all the way down, pretend to be GunsCureTanks.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

so wargaming made a new video its neat but im really wondering if the guitar when ammo rack is true or not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FE7QgoufFY

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Turmoilx posted:

so wargaming made a new video its neat but im really wondering if the guitar when ammo rack is true or not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FE7QgoufFY

what in the gently caress

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

Fire extinguishers are so expensive in these post-Trump times.

Hellsau posted:

Turn engine noise all the way down, pretend to be GunsCureTanks.

:vince: :perfect:

Turmoilx posted:

This is terrible, and I'm a little annoyed that you can't buy the base tank but with the awful/awesome camo and without all the extra overpriced poo poo.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for the Tier II tank WG that I can't really play because queue times for tier II take forever. But the new american tank rental is nice 'cause it makes lots of coins when the ammo rack isn't instantly damaged.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 12, 2016

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

10 kills in the Charioteer. The last one is total horseshit too.

And 11k exp in the AT 15. I did my TankRewards daily in 2 battles.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 12, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If I already have the tier 2 do I get gold or silver or something else?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Vickers Mk.E

Queue: Christie Combat Car T1/Convertible Medium Tank T3, Type 95, T-70, Dicker Max, T-62

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car T4
Combat Car M1
Light Tank M2

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II
Medium Tank Mk.III
A1E1 Independent
Vickers Mk.E

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40 NEW

:poland:
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
Char B NEW

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzIII Ausf. A
PzIII Ausf. B through D
PzIV Ausf. A through C
PzIV Ausf. D through E

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

If I already have the tier 2 do I get gold or silver or something else?

You get 300k silver.

Edited to add:

quote:

Sathius (6:38:24 PM) Enjoy getting banned you garbage....you dare use cheats when they are cracking down hard....you got a lot of nerve
Sathius (6:38:39 PM) 537 damage on one hit from you when your top alpha is only 450...
Sathius (6:38:48 PM) You are in for it buddy....you earned your ban

:qq: from a Rhm-B victim of my FV304 who doesn't understand how damage or cheating works.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 13, 2016

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Considering that you played the 304 it's only fair for you to get banned.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

McGavin posted:

You get 300k silver.

Edited to add:

:qq: from a Rhm-B victim of my FV304 who doesn't understand how damage or cheating works.

I always enjoy when I'm in a situation that involves shooting a Borsig with HE (usually from my own Borsig).

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

McGavin posted:

Hmmm, These tears are salty. I had some one try a stat burn who claimed that how the rest of your team performs doesn't effect WN8.

Why are enemy scouts super effective and friendly ones utterly worthless?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Hmmm, These tears are salty. I had some one try a stat burn who claimed that how the rest of your team performs doesn't effect WN8.

Why are enemy scouts super effective and friendly ones utterly worthless?

"loving USELESS LIGHT TANK, GO SCOUT OR YOU DIE!" *J100 player just before they teamkill the light tanks spotting thirteen enemy tanks from the middle of the Malinovka field*

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
J100 did nothing wrong.

We all have a "team kill if on your side" list, right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

J100 did nothing wrong.

We all have a "team kill if on your side" list, right?

That's pathetic - if they're really that bad, they'll prove themselves a target again easily enough.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoil's first experience with Clan Wars.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

triple postin like i don't even care

Want to see some loving bullshit? During clan wars, I was shot without being lit. No enemies and no friendlies had been lit the entire match up to that point, and it even took another few minutes for anyone to be spotted. Watch from ~10:00 until ~9:30.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3087600?secret=21249641d9a41684afa031552101efbd

You can hear a bunch of invisible destructible poo poo breaking leading up to me touching that telephone pole and instantly getting shot. It's pretty clear they had the tree-down cheat mod on (the one that shows icons above ingame destructibles) and just happened to see a trail of destructibles and took a shot in front of the line. I submitted a report. Let's see if WGA actually do anything about such obvious cheats - it is impossible to play on a map like Murovanka if your opponents are allowed to use cheaty mods and you're too lazy to install anything an honest player.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

thylacine posted:

I always enjoy when I'm in a situation that involves shooting a Borsig with HE (usually from my own Borsig).

Today, in my M12, I one-shotted a T29 from full health by full-penning his turret. He had 1250 health, and I used the standard shell (1,250 damage, 88 pen).

I bet he was pissed considering it was only about one minute into the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

platooning with a really good french player who is spouting communist stuff the entire game. pretty fun