Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

as someone who has never been to canada, i can't imagine a trip to canada without going to tim horton's. also grab whatever pharmaceuticals you expect to need for the next few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Seeing as you're a fan of basketball, make sure to visit the hockey hall of fame!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Article on CP3: https://www.si.com/nba/2017/04/11/chris-paul-court-vision-passing-clippers-nba-playoffs

It has lots of fun clips showing the various techniques he uses. It also says what we basically already know: he gets unduly mad and frustrated when his teammates don't live up to his expectations for how a play is executed.

e: seriously, go watch those clips. some of them are wild

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kibner posted:

Article on CP3: https://www.si.com/nba/2017/04/11/chris-paul-court-vision-passing-clippers-nba-playoffs

It has lots of fun clips showing the various techniques he uses. It also says what we basically already know: he gets unduly mad and frustrated when his teammates don't live up to his expectations for how a play is executed.

e: seriously, go watch those clips. some of them are wild

CP3 is truly an amazing point guard that I just loving hate

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

CP3 is truly an amazing point guard that I just loving hate

Same, but with Westbrook and Harden instead.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I like CP3 and Harden and Westbrook and Lenny Beans. All NBA stars are good.

Except for Draymond Green he loving sucks.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Another season in the bag good job boys
https://streamable.com/kk1fb

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

EvanTH posted:

this is exceptional, and outstanding.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

The ending was superb.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQfuB24VdU

They're going to loving roast him for this

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Kibner posted:

----

Toronto friends, I will be up there for a single day this summer to see Niagra Falls. Is there anything else I should see, eat, or experience during that day?

In TO or Niagara? Niagara is kind of a chintzy shithole but the falls are big and look cool. The butterfly conservatory is kinda fun.

In TO? For daytime stuff, Kensington market + Chinatown was already mentioned, it's a lot of fun. Scope the local festivals, there's always stuff going on in the summer. Take the ferry over to the island if you wanna chill in a park, it's nice.

I'm a bar guy so most of my TO experience was going into town to get drinks and food with friends. Bloor street is pretty bumping. I like Sneaky Dee's, it's a local punk rock institution with tex mex food (that's good by Canada standards but might be less good to a guy from the south). I like WVRST on King and Bathurst a lot, I had my birthday there once. Really good beer selection and A+ sausages.

e: Also Saxx underwear is the loving best, I have like four pairs and won't consider myself successful in life until I can convert my entire underwear stash over.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 12, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
^ Thanks!

For Zelah (?), Boogie has been ruled out tonight. Tim should still be starting and getting pretty big minutes, though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dust (aka Cyber Dust) is not an app anyone should download but I download it once every 3 months or so to send Cuban a message. He usually responds. Today I sent him a message thanking him for Romo night and he responded. I'm glad the team I follow has a non-evil owner.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Cuban's evil.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's hard to believe that when you examine most of the other owners. Outside of Cuban and the Bus family, I forget which ones aren't awful to the general population.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spacebump posted:

Dust (aka Cyber Dust) is not an app anyone should download but I download it once every 3 months or so to send Cuban a message. He usually responds. Today I sent him a message thanking him for Romo night and he responded. I'm glad the team I follow has a non-evil owner.

I met Cuban when he was here with his family for the Indy 500. It was like 2 years ago. Really cool dude. Spoke with me about Indianapolis and basketball for like 20 minutes in the hotel lobby.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mark Cuban seems like a cool guy.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Also here's a hot take that's probably wishful thinking, but who knows: Raptors fans are a little grumpy that it's looking like we'll have to face Cleveland in round 2 (assuming we don't gently caress up before then). But given how lovely Cleveland's been playing lately, the earlier we face them the better our chances I think. Not that they're good chances mind you, and getting knocked out in the conference finals feels better than getting knocked out in round 2, but I feel like Cleveland's probably gonna be playing worse ball in the second round versus how they would be playing later. Let's get this poo poo over with before they've reached peak form.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mark Cuban is a personable guy who has a gently caress You Got Mine mentality. He's basically like your high school friend's dad only richer

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

It's hard to believe that when you examine most of the other owners. Outside of Cuban and the Bus family, I forget which ones aren't awful to the general population.

Paul Allen left MS early enough that you can't really hold any of their poo poo against him, and his biggest sin since is owning the Seahawks.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

attackmole posted:

Also here's a hot take that's probably wishful thinking, but who knows: Raptors fans are a little grumpy that it's looking like we'll have to face Cleveland in round 2 (assuming we don't gently caress up before then). But given how lovely Cleveland's been playing lately, the earlier we face them the better our chances I think. Not that they're good chances mind you, and getting knocked out in the conference finals feels better than getting knocked out in round 2, but I feel like Cleveland's probably gonna be playing worse ball in the second round versus how they would be playing later. Let's get this poo poo over with before they've reached peak form.

I agree with this. I was getting upset that we wouldn't get to play Boston or Washington in round 2 but seeing as how they'll eventually have to play the Cavs, I'd rather face them earlier. That, and Toronto doesn't rest players so the earlier in the season the better. That said, I'd love to beat Boston just to drink those tears

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What does everyone think of Yogi Ferrell at this point? After having watched almost every game he played for the Mavs, I think there is no reason he couldn't start in the modern NBA. I'm assuming he will improve over the next few seasons. Every Mavs draft rumor I've seen has them drafting a point guard. It will be interesting to see if they continue to try and force Seth Curry to turn into a point guard or slide him back to the 2 next season.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

BIZORT posted:

Has the majority of the NBA chosen to forget that Ron Artest is a mentally ill menace or is the majority of the NBA fanbase too young to remember most of the poo poo he's done? Because I don't get all of the puppy love he's getting now that he's finally going away

Don't talk poo poo about the Panda's Friend.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Everyone loves Mike Tyson now too.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Just want to say that the Lakers going on a five game win streak to end the season when they desperately need to tank to try to keep their pick is very funny to me.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

tanglewood1420 posted:

Just want to say that the Lakers going on a five game win streak to end the season when they desperately need to tank to try to keep their pick is very funny to me.

They're lucky its only cost them 1 spot

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Papercut posted:

Paul Allen left MS early enough that you can't really hold any of their poo poo against him, and his biggest sin since is owning the Seahawks.

Doesn't he own ticketmaster?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

The silver lining of being a Bulls fan observer is not having to watch the Knicks.

zoux posted:

It would be cool if the Bulls signed Mike Tyson like the Mavs did with Romo. In the playoffs Tyson could bite LBJs ear off and the Bulls could go to the NBA finals. Then in the NBA finals the Bulls could sign Ray Lewis and Aaron Hernandez.

Signing players from other sports is :waycool:.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Nick Rivers posted:

Doesn't he own ticketmaster?

I had no idea (he owned 80% till '97 and then sold off half of that), but still not worse than the Seahawks. :colbert:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BIZORT posted:

Makes a post specifically about Ron Artest

"ACTUALLY YOU SHOULDN'T..."

I'm saying "mentally ill menace" is not a road you want to go down.

Has he even done anything since the Harden elbow which was like 5 years ago? Matt Barnes is more of a menace than MWP.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gameplay from NBA Playground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZYpj-OYrs

The power up system has potential to ruin it but I'm hoping not.

More random retired players in it than expected. Including CWebb, Chauncey, and Grant Hill. The roster for this game is probably going to own.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

but will it be an esport

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

The silver lining of being a Bulls fan observer is not having to watch the Knicks.

Now that both of our franchises are in the dumpster exchanging worthless franchise legends I feel a great comradery (my spellcheck is saying this is wrong but I disagree "camaraderie" is not the only choice) with Bulls fans.

Here's a fun new bond we can share: Ron Baker did an AMA and apparently his basketball idol was Kirk Heinrich.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
what if Ron Baker became an LA Laker

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Spacebump posted:

Gameplay from NBA Playground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZYpj-OYrs

The power up system has potential to ruin it but I'm hoping not.

More random retired players in it than expected. Including CWebb, Chauncey, and Grant Hill. The roster for this game is probably going to own.

That looks kinda fun. Power up system kind of reminds me of gamebreakers or whatever they were called in NBA Street. I'm hoping it's gonna play like that.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

From the trailer I can't tell if it has super-enthusiastic announcers going BOOM SHAKA LAKA which is kind of a requirement imo.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Is there a breakdown of who finishes where depending on the results of today? I feel like it's not as confusing this year as it was the last couple of years for some reason.

I will play the poo poo out of NBA playground.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

zoux posted:

That's due to the runaway success of the smash hit "Mike Tyson Mysteries" starring Mike Tyson.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
We don't believe in redemption and self-improvement? If someone has bad impulses, if they're from a violent background and learn violence they're just bad forever and can't change, even through great force of will (which we seem to acknowledge many athletes must be capable of) ? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Doltos posted:

You underestimate the NY jersey market. I saw a Langston Galloway jersey once. He was literally on a 10 day contract at the time.

*plugs fingers in ears* all glory to kristaps in america

• Locked thread