Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

They needed to have Killmonger do the Naruto run.

MJB loves anime. Killmonger be looking like Vegeta. Like Vegeta, Erik was separated from his people and went to work for an evil white colonizing military force. Coincidence? I think not.

This also just reminded me of the time we had a 10 page derail in Negrotown about why black people like Saiyans and Vegeta in particular. It was good poo poo.

I love blerds. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Koalas March posted:

MJB loves anime. Killmonger be looking like Vegeta. Like Vegeta, Erik was separated from his people and went to work for an evil white colonizing military force. Coincidence? I think not.

This also just reminded me of the time we had a 10 page derail in Negrotown about why black people like Saiyans and Vegeta in particular. It was good poo poo.

I know nerdy stuff is almost always considered a white male thing, but I've met tons of black nerds in regards to anime and comic books. Which is why I was always perplexed by the lack of representation.

MBJ would have made the Naruto run look amazing. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean if the deleted scenes / bloopers for BP aren’t just endless reels of MBJ nerding out and talking anime and poo poo then the production failed.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Need a Thor-and-Darryl style series of shorts of Killmonger patiently explaining every level of Super Saiyan and the importance of each one to his non-weeb roommate Jason

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm not sure if :thejoke: but so many people actually did that. I think the sequel even opens with Gecko giving a speech to an auditorium full of people like "I guess the twenty years since I gave my 'greed is good' speech proved me right because the whole world agrees with me, I am a visionary"

That was :thejoke: yeah :)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

AnonSpore posted:

Need a Thor-and-Darryl style series of shorts of Killmonger patiently explaining every level of Super Saiyan and the importance of each one to his non-weeb roommate Jason

Nah, nah, Killmonger explaining all this to W'Kabi. Who will then, badly, spread the knowledge to his wife and to T'Challa.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nah, nah, Killmonger explaining all this to W'Kabi. Who will then, badly, spread the knowledge to his wife and to T'Challa.

"This Vegeta sounds like a mighty warrior, so why does the oaf-boy Goku get all the attention?"

"See that's what I'm hosed up about!"

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel has staked out dates for what might be the entirety of Phase 4. (they had already staked out the 2020 dates, though one of them was moved up a week)

I think it's particularly interesting that after Avengers 4, there are no Marvel films planned for just short of a year.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

"This Vegeta sounds like a mighty warrior, so why does the oaf-boy Goku get all the attention?"

"See that's what I'm hosed up about!"

Killmonger be respecting Vegeta's "Saiyan pride" speeches on a spiritual level.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

AzureFlame posted:

I think it's particularly interesting that after Avengers 4, there are no Marvel films planned for just short of a year.

Homecoming 2 is 2019 isn't it? That wouldn't be on Disney's list because it's a Sony movie.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I know nerdy stuff is almost always considered a white male thing, but I've met tons of black nerds in regards to anime and comic books. Which is why I was always perplexed by the lack of representation.

MBJ would have made the Naruto run look amazing. :allears:

I think Chadwick was going to play Black Panther doing a Naruto run, there's raw takes on green screen where Black Panther is running like an anime ninja, but it was decided against.

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/965019167916220419

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

Homecoming 2 is 2019 isn't it? That wouldn't be on Disney's list because it's a Sony movie.

I'm surprised we haven't heard any real details about Homecoming 2 yet.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Vegeta wasn't separated from his people to work for an evil white colonizing force. Vegeta's people were an evil white colonizing force.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vegeta's people were also Man-Apes.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

AzureFlame posted:

Ant-Man and the Wasp in July and Captain Marvel in March the next year?

Edit: vv Oh, gently caress, yeah.

catlord fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 3, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

catlord posted:

Ant-Man and the Wasp in July and Captain Marvel in March the next year?

Avengers 4.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

I think Chadwick was going to play Black Panther doing a Naruto run, there's raw takes on green screen where Black Panther is running like an anime ninja, but it was decided against.

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/965019167916220419

Watching how movies are actually made makes me sad most of the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the final scene he's running normal so I guess they made him change it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SonicRulez posted:

Vegeta wasn't separated from his people to work for an evil white colonizing force. Vegeta's people were an evil white colonizing force.

Vegeta's father (Vegeta) and his planet (Vegeta) were killed by this man from another land who then flew off in a spaceship. There can be more than one evil white colonizing forces! There super always are more than one.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

The Saiyans were genocided and enslaved to Freiza iirc.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Idk if Frieza's forces were really white though. Recoome was. The majority of them were very colorful aliens. The Saiyans were definitely all white dudes though. They willingly worked for Frieza for a while before he whispered "No more Saiyans" and rewrote their reality.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Idk if Frieza's forces were really white though. Recoome was. The majority of them were very colorful aliens. The Saiyans were definitely all white dudes though. They willingly worked for Frieza for a while before he whispered "No more Saiyans" and rewrote their reality.

Freiza is literally white my dude

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Arent the saiyans japanese?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frieza's thing is also based on the idea of evil rich land developers screwing over people in the 80s.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Arent the saiyans japanese?

Lord knows white folks have never rounded up the Japanese and put them in camps.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pussy Quipped posted:

Watching how movies are actually made makes me sad most of the time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Koalas March posted:

The Saiyans were genocided and enslaved to Freiza iirc.

Planet Vegeta was originally Planet Plant

The Saiyans left their home planet of Sadala after thoroughly wrecking it and murdered all the natives of Plant. Freeza showed up later offering them cool technology if they came to work for him, and they did so willingly.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 3, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the Saiyans and the Tuffles were each from opposite sides of the same planet and the Saiyans killed all the Tuffles and stole all their technology.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought the Saiyans and the Tuffles were each from opposite sides of the same planet and the Saiyans killed all the Tuffles and stole all their technology.

Pretty sure that was filler that got retconned. Toriyama explicitly said in an interview that the Saiyans came to Plant and killed the Tuffles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

All this so they could make it 3D.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Lord knows white folks have never rounded up the Japanese and put them in camps.

Frieza, a broker who forcibly takes over planets to resell them, was created around the time of the Japanese economic bubble and was inspired by real estate speculators, whom Toriyama called the "worst kind of people."[2] Toriyama purposely does not draw bad guys so unscrupulous that it affects one psychologically, although he admits Frieza is close. Therefore, he paid special attention to how Frieza spoke; because villans typically speak rudely, he gave him polite speech making for an unsettling contrast with his cruelty.

From wiki. So frieza was never modeled after people

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
There should be a Marvel/DBZ crossover where Piccolo and Venom have to get drivers licenses.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ojjeorago posted:

There should be a Marvel/DBZ crossover where Piccolo and Venom have to get drivers licenses.

And then high-five from across two lanes of traffic.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Frieza, a broker who forcibly takes over planets to resell them, was created around the time of the Japanese economic bubble and was inspired by real estate speculators, whom Toriyama called the "worst kind of people."[2] Toriyama purposely does not draw bad guys so unscrupulous that it affects one psychologically, although he admits Frieza is close. Therefore, he paid special attention to how Frieza spoke; because villans typically speak rudely, he gave him polite speech making for an unsettling contrast with his cruelty.

From wiki. So frieza was never modeled after people

Yall.

Author intent don't matter.

My original post was about why black folks relate to Saiyans. If you don't get why we relate to an enslaved Prince who is all about "Saiyan Pride" idk what to tell you.

If you want to try and tear it apart with dumb questionable canon to ruin the connection that black nerds have to that character, you should probably sit and think about why that is for a second.

Also willing to bet a poo poo ton of Vegeta fans are hoteps and ankh niggas haha

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Yall.

Author intent don't matter.

My original post was about why black folks relate to Saiyans. If you don't get why we relate to an enslaved Prince who is all about "Saiyan Pride" idk what to tell you.

If you want to try and tear it apart with dumb questionable canon to ruin the connection that black nerds have to that character, you should probably sit and think about why that is for a second.

Also willing to bet a poo poo ton of Vegeta fans are hoteps and ankh niggas haha

Oh. I thoight we were just talking about what each characters/races were all modeled after. :sweatdrop:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Koalas March posted:

But Goku's the one that's a terrible husband

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I would watch the hell out of that series.

Koalas March posted:

Someone posted this fanart in the DBZ thread:

https://twitter.com/SteveYurko/status/969653106127470592

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Koalas March posted:

Since MJB professed his love for anime I now have it my head where Kilmonger steals Dr. Strange's time stone to show he has the power of THE WORLD.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

amigolupus posted:

I would watch the hell out of that series.

Someone posted this fanart in the DBZ thread:

https://twitter.com/SteveYurko/status/969653106127470592

This is seriously my jam.

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh. I thoight we were just talking about what each characters/races were all modeled after. :sweatdrop:

Alright my bad. I've had a rough day and am apparently reacting badly to loving everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This is the dumbest derail this thread has ever had...

everyone knows the DBZ character black dudes relate to the most is Piccolo.

• Locked thread