Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
About time we got a remix of the Atma Weapon theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

kafziel posted:

I got a strong suspicion that the tank set will be Bismarck-themed. Because this dude was in the fashion reel they did a couple weeks back:

I'd bet this is the tank armor from the 3.2 dungeons instead, since it looks like that Amdapor boss

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I'm gonna have to upgrade this drat thing a LOT before it becomes better than what I already have. Still, worth it for the pose...that the drat box covered too fast for me to screenshot :argh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You can buy a better weapon than the maxed arr relic for like 10k, only relic if you want the Z title or final weapon glamour

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Just saw the new trailer. Looks like they're fleshing out HW. I might even need to start playing again.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

About time we got a remix of the Atma Weapon theme.

Can't believe it took a whole page and nobody could identify it right, was just coming to post this.

New patch looks great, Antitower looks great, Lost City looks AMAZING

EDIT: With six dungeons to choose from, Eso grinding won't be so obnoxious this time around, which is swell.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 12, 2016

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It sucks a bit that they spoiled that fakeout in the Sephirot fight (that would have been rad to learn first-hand) but it still looks like it'll be a fun trial.

And goddamn christ Calcobrena :gonk:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god drat it, it looks like the Gnath tribe quests are going to have one of the worst part of the Sylph quests carrying poo poo missions.

Otherwise I am super hype, especially for new hairstyles, new bosses, and Hildy.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god drat it, it looks like the Gnath tribe quests are going to have one of the worst part of the Sylph quests carrying poo poo missions.

no frogs in the forelands means it should be way less of an active pain in the rear end at least

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

So if this translation is accurate it looks like the lb changes they shoving through won't be quite as lovely as what they were originally planning for 3.1

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/45exa9/32_limit_break_changes/

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
They got the gender of Calca wrong. :(

I remember when I was really hype this would be the IV expansion but they've not been doing a lot to meet the expectations of all the III love from 2.xx.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

You can buy a better weapon than the maxed arr relic for like 10k, only relic if you want the Z title or final weapon glamour

Seriously, upgrade it to Zenith so it glows then just stop there unless you want to sloooowly work on Zeta as a side project. It is never going to hold value to you as an actual combat piece unless you deliberately gimp yourself gear wise.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tortolia posted:

Seriously, upgrade it to Zenith so it glows then just stop there unless you want to sloooowly work on Zeta as a side project. It is never going to hold value to you as an actual combat piece unless you deliberately gimp yourself gear wise.

just as it is within my god given rights to role play an ice mage in dungeons, so is it his god given right to roleplay the true owner of the sasuke's blades in dungeons, and frankly i applaud his dedication

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Took me about a week to take my Curtana to Excalibur Zeta and I would never do it again. The glamour is nice but it's already outclassed.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

Took me about a week to take my Curtana to Excalibur Zeta and I would never do it again. The glamour is nice but it's already outclassed.

Honestly I would happily do more Zeta weapons for glamour if I could skip the damned book step.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Burger McAngus posted:

So if this translation is accurate it looks like the lb changes they shoving through won't be quite as lovely as what they were originally planning for 3.1

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/45exa9/32_limit_break_changes/

That looks pretty reasonable. For those that don't want to click: no change in anything you fight via the duty finder. For midas savage or anything you access outside of the duty finder, it penalizes you for duplicating jobs, having three or more tanks, 5 or more dps, or 3 or more healers. It forces you to stick with the 2/2/4 composition but otherwise allows for any combo of ranged/melee dps.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tortolia posted:

Honestly I would happily do more Zeta weapons for glamour if I could skip the damned book step.

I think it would be tolerable if they just condensed it into one book or something so you don't have make 9 trips out to the boonies.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Belzac posted:

You guys are assuming tank, healer, and aiming won't be reskins of maiming, casting, and scouting.

Remember when I called this?

I was only off in that tanks are a reskin of striking.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

I'm gonna have to upgrade this drat thing a LOT before it becomes better than what I already have. Still, worth it for the pose...that the drat box covered too fast for me to screenshot :argh:

Use Scroll Lock to hide your UI for screenshots.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

bleuraindrops posted:

Use Scroll Lock to hide your UI for screenshots.
Or L1 + Select/LB + Back on controllers!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Tortolia posted:

I would happily do more Zeta weapons if I didn't have to loving wait for an hour for that one FATE in every goddamn book that's on an hour cooldown.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh poo poo that FF6 cover. Love it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The limit break changes sound reasonable. Didn't they originally say it was going to be something stupid like you get penalized if you have more than 2 ranged dps?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Tortolia posted:

Like on the market board? That's disheartening. I would've liked to at least earn a cool max ilevel weapon doing something.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Or L1 + Select/LB + Back on controllers!

Thanks fam.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

Like on the market board? That's disheartening. I would've liked to at least earn a cool max ilevel weapon doing something.

Thanks fam.

If you're in any of the Goon FCs, there will be crafted level 50 i115 weapons in the FC chest to grab. This is the best "free" weapon you can get. Anything else requires some amount of grinding for tomes or something. Theoretically, since you technically have your own newbie bonus, you could bang out an Ironworks weapon (i130, once upgraded) with relative ease. But the crafted weapon will hold you over until you start getting drops from HW content.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Fister Roboto posted:

The limit break changes sound reasonable. Didn't they originally say it was going to be something stupid like you get penalized if you have more than 2 ranged dps?

Yes, where ranged consisted of BRD, MCH, SMN, and BLM, so basically "Any static with two casters."

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

SonicRulez posted:

The level 50 relic is a whole lot of work for an item that is beaten by gear you can easily get at level 55 and beyond in Heavensward content and the only contribution it makes to the level 60 relic is letting you skip a relatively easy phase. Also spending time on the relic is time you could be spending getting through the story and dungeons to get into Heavensward. The only reason to get it is if you REALLY want it for glamour and there are a lot of cool looking weapons ahead of you.

(Don't get them off the market boards though, ask someone to pick them up from a vendor or craft you the HQ versions, it's much cheaper, unfortunately you can't access the vendors directly as they're in Ishgard).

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 12, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Belzac posted:

They got the gender of Calca wrong. :(

I remember when I was really hype this would be the IV expansion but they've not been doing a lot to meet the expectations of all the III love from 2.xx.

Seems like a mix of IV and VI, with a nod to VII at the end of the expansion's base story.

It's not quite as thorough as III got, but I've been pretty excited to see what's next.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
"Yoshi P listens to WoW ideas. He played WoW and barely has any other MMORPG experience. He is pretty much creating what he saw WoW lacked and is trying to create his WoW dream in a FF envoirment. This is how I've viewed things atm I doubt it will ever change sometime soon unless the players bail. Its times like this I wish Tanaka was around to give some sort of originality. Duty Finder is the death of this game. Its so unpersonal doing stuff with cross server players and the world maps are extremly empty with barely any content to do on world map aside from hunting gathering and fates."

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If you're in any of the Goon FCs, there will be crafted level 50 i115 weapons in the FC chest to grab. This is the best "free" weapon you can get. Anything else requires some amount of grinding for tomes or something. Theoretically, since you technically have your own newbie bonus, you could bang out an Ironworks weapon (i130, once upgraded) with relative ease. But the crafted weapon will hold you over until you start getting drops from HW content.
I am fairly certain this is not true of DGKK, I can't speak for the other guilds.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Verranicus posted:

"Yoshi P listens to WoW ideas. He played WoW and barely has any other MMORPG experience. He is pretty much creating what he saw WoW lacked and is trying to create his WoW dream in a FF envoirment. This is how I've viewed things atm I doubt it will ever change sometime soon unless the players bail. Its times like this I wish Tanaka was around to give some sort of originality. Duty Finder is the death of this game. Its so unpersonal doing stuff with cross server players and the world maps are extremly empty with barely any content to do on world map aside from hunting gathering and fates."

never ever change you weird flowers

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Haven't watched it yet--at work--but does that trailer mean 3.2 is dropping next week or so? I got BRD to 59 last night, and wanted to get him to 60 and go through at least one Void Ark (still haven't seen it) before 3.2 drops.

In every respect, except for the latter having guns, I'm liking BRD a whole lot more than 60 MCH. Didn't really expect that.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

You can! The chain you have been doing, though, was the 2.0 relic weapon chain, not the new 3.0 version. It is legacy content that caps out at i135, which was outstanding pre-expansion but is now in the middle of the leveling gear range in the expansion.

dromal phrenia posted:

I am fairly certain this is not true of DGKK, I can't speak for the other guilds.

If there isn't an i115 weapon in the company chest, ask if someone in FC chat can hook you up. I have seen multiple folks get HQ gear created for them when they ask for assistance.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 12, 2016

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ciaphas posted:

Haven't watched it yet--at work--but does that trailer mean 3.2 is dropping next week or so? I got BRD to 59 last night, and wanted to get him to 60 and go through at least one Void Ark (still haven't seen it) before 3.2 drops.

In every respect, except for the latter having guns, I'm liking BRD a whole lot more than 60 MCH. Didn't really expect that.

It drops on the 23rd.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Belzac posted:

Remember when I called this?

I was only off in that tanks are a reskin of striking.

I prefer to err on the side of awesome until my hopes are cruelly dashed :(

At least I'll be appropriately dressed when I rip hate off of bad tanks in DFs.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Are there any good videos/guides for Alexander Savage 3? (Preferably for Scholars)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

From a healing perspective Mizzteq (MTQcapture on Youtube) had a video that was fine imo. But really for SCH on that fight you want to find an image or list of the ability orders in the last phase and pretty much commit them to memory, or use something like ACT Triggers / ACT Timeline if that's your jam. It's less of an issue with higher ilvls now, but missing a succor / virus / soil can be pretty bad news in the last phase.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Thanks! For some reason, I'd thought her videos stopped at 2 and didn't bother to check. I'll have to watch that and have a look at the ability list.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It stopped at 2 for months because she got stuck on 3 like most of the raiders of that skill level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So, me and my friend are starting our third month. We made our own FC (basically for the Chest), and made some friends. We have a lot of money that we don't know what to do with, and think of buying a house. The problem is: there isn't a lot of info about housing. Should we buy a small house frist, and then can somehow return our money, or save money for the bigger one from the beginning? What the gently caress is even a "class"? I don't think game tells you anything like that. Also, is the game getting more houses? They're pretty much all taken, and it would be nice to actually choose a place. I guess, finally, is it even worth it when story-wise we're barely out of ARR, or should we wait?
Sorry for longass post, it's just that whole thing is confusing and there's nothing I can find.

• Locked thread