Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

TVs Ian posted:

I didn't get the stamps until I talked to the guy in the Game Freak office. The crowns did show up though, I traded for anything not available in Moon.

Hmm. I have stuff that's complete but I didn't get a crown, or stamp when I went to the office. I am assuming it's because I didn't catch it myself. Dadgummit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I got about 1/4 of my dex entries from the GTS, you should get credit. I got all the UBs and Legendaries with the GTS and still have the quests to do in my game but I have the shiny charm.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

that ivy guy posted:

That's great, it'll give me something to work towards since a 6IV ditto takes most of the lengthiness out of breeding. I'm 2793 0650 7690

If you're fine with the ball, I've got a 5IVs (and very good speed) HA Bold Mareanie with Haze ready in a luxury ball, otherwise I'm about to hatch one in a beast ball (IVs will be different). Take your pick!

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Note Block posted:

Shaoooh! I will treat ya boi nice, he will have access to the best isles Poke Pelago can offer.

You've got a choice between these prettyt nice 'karp and the Honedge, all I have ):

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Oops that was a completely random guy offering his poo poo

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I sent ya a PM, that ivy guy :)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Our first battle competition is live!

However, it should have used this for the image:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Items not allowed? :psyduck:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

quote:

• Junior/Senior Division players are limited to playing between 6 A.M. and 11 P.M., based on the easternmost time zone in each player’s country.
Go to bed, little kids :allears:

You can use Ash-Greninja and one box legendary. Does that break anything, aside from using the legendary in basically every fight? Is Necrozma better than the boxen? Is Battle Bond even good?

e: oh also if you don't want to click through it's 3v3 singles.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I have figured out one check to lunala so far

it's incineroar

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Evil Eagle posted:

Items not allowed? :psyduck:

there goes my team of three eject button golisopods and three focus band mimikyus

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Electric Sugar posted:

Hmm. I have stuff that's complete but I didn't get a crown, or stamp when I went to the office. I am assuming it's because I didn't catch it myself. Dadgummit.

The dex page gets a silver crown if you've "seen" everything, it turns gold once you've actually completed it. You need to have handled the pokemon for rotom-dex to fill out the entry.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zoness posted:

it's incineroar
I was unreasonably excited about Cosmog getting Splash so Lunala had Z-Splash access until I remembered whoops, no items.

e: and only then did I realize Lunala was a special attacker, although +3 goes a long way towards mitigating that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
No items? Singles? Who are you and what have you done with Gamefreak?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Supremezero posted:

No items? Singles? Who are you and what have you done with Gamefreak?

Clearly we're going to be battling on Final Destination.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No items singles sounds dumb as heck. Is it 3v3?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Shortest Path posted:

No items singles sounds dumb as heck. Is it 3v3?

Yep!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
No items seems weird since I feel it really benefits defensive pokemon - It's a lot harder to wallbreak without Life Orb or Choice Band somewhere on your team. Toxapex doesn't need to run Leftovers to be a fat sack of poo poo, but lots of mons need those items to secure Fast Frags.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My theory is that it's designed to be casual-small-child friendly. Doubles opens up stuff they'd never think of, and I mean stuff as basic as Torkoal plus something that likes the sun or Ninetales plus Sandslash. No items means they can't not know about Choice items and just have no shot ever. One legendary means they can use their fave.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

All right. The Beast Ball/Apricorn spreadsheet was lacking Love Ball Luvdisc. This has now been corrected. Hit me up if you want some love!

Or anything else I've caught in Beast Balls. Give me your Apricorn/Beast Ball things! I made a box for them and everything, called BEAST MODE.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

My theory is that it's designed to be casual-small-child friendly. Doubles opens up stuff they'd never think of, and I mean stuff as basic as Torkoal plus something that likes the sun or Ninetales plus Sandslash. No items means they can't not know about Choice items and just have no shot ever. One legendary means they can use their fave.

Then dedicate that section to the "Go to sleep little kiddies" section :v:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zoness posted:

it's incineroar

:monocle:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Silver Falcon posted:

Or anything else I've caught in Beast Balls. Give me your Apricorn/Beast Ball things! I made a box for them and everything, called BEAST MODE.
One box? Oh, you sweet summer child :allears:

(I can't decide if I'm going to keep my old living dex intact and have a separate living beast ball dex or just replace the mons in my old boxes with the new BB mons)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

every kid's fave legendary is "all of them", because kids loving LOVE using legendaries

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i got a love ball, haze, ha mareanie for a bruxish

huh

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Countblanc posted:

every kid's fave legendary is "all of them", because kids loving LOVE using legendaries
Yeah, I was that kid back in the day, I know how it is. But I meant more like they could use one and there are only two to pick from if you don't do a fair chunk of trading and then they can fill the team with Tapus and UBs or whatever and get eliminated we all know how it is.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zoness posted:

it's incineroar

What's the standard Lunala set? Are they bulky?

Adamant Aegislash Shadow Sneak after Rocks has a chance to OHKO, guessing something good with Sucker Punch has a guaranteed OHKO after Rocks. Bringing Rocks to 3 vs. 3 seems eeehhh though.

Just be sure to have a Koko, Lunala and Pheromosa counter basically :v:

EDIT: Actually holy poo poo Acrobatics Talonflame may actually be usable in this format.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Lunala
Timid
4 Hp, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

Moongeist Beam
Moonblast
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam/Focus Blast

aegislash isn't legal

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can use Ash-Greninja and one box legendary. Does that break anything, aside from using the legendary in basically every fight? Is Necrozma better than the boxen?

Necrozma is not allowed.

quote:

Players may use (...) Pokémon with Alola Pokédex numbers 1–204, 206–288, and 293–299

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

less laughter posted:

Necrozma is not allowed.
Oh, I just assumed that list of numbers was "all of them, except Island Scan". What else isn't legal?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, I just assumed that list of numbers was "all of them, except Island Scan". What else isn't legal?

Zygarde and Magearna.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

less laughter posted:

Necrozma is not allowed.

Yes it is, Maggy and Zygarde as well. They're just not as good as Lunala.

http://pastebin.com/tBXjErSA

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

from what I gather, those "banned pokédex numbers" mean that you can only have 1 pokémon from within that range.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Emalde posted:

Yes it is, Maggy and Zygarde as well. They're just not as good as Lunala.

http://pastebin.com/tBXjErSA

Oh so you can pick just one out of those unlisted numbers?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

less laughter posted:

Zygarde and Magearna.

They're all allowed. They're just under the same limitation as Solgaleo and Lunala. Those two were just the ones specifically mentioned.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

One box? Oh, you sweet summer child :allears:

(I can't decide if I'm going to keep my old living dex intact and have a separate living beast ball dex or just replace the mons in my old boxes with the new BB mons)

For now, anyway. I just dedicated space to them, is all. I figure when Bank updates, I'll make a separate section for Beast Ball 'mons. I worked too hard on Fashion Balling other Pokemon to just give all that up. Not everything looks best in a Beast Ball. Still want to collect them all though.

Anyway, I'll start by breeding a few each of my Beast Ball Pokemon. Would all you other Beast Ball havers let me know when you're available to swap? I'm on the Discord too (username same as it is here). I'll be around off on and on all weekend. Next week I have a few things going on but for the most part I'll be around.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Supremezero posted:

They're all allowed. They're just under the same limitation as Solgaleo and Lunala. Those two were just the ones specifically mentioned.

Max Sp. Def Careful Coil Sleep Talk Zygarde here I come :getin:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

As someone who's favorite Pokemon since Gen 1 has been Marowak, seeing him take the spotlight in this gen makes me very happy.

I guess he was OU in Gen 2, but I'm not playing any gen where the matches last 3000 turns.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
My beastly Lunala is Modest. Should I be aiming for a Timid nature when I go to capture Cosmog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

didn't see it posted, but the newest Generations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahRpFC5ihQ