Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Goddamnit Wiz you beautiful bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hellioning posted:

Here is an article about Vicky 3 and here is more specific stuff from that person from Reddit.

there is a hell of a lot of info in that reddit post, good poo poo if true

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Hellioning posted:

Same. Wars are my least favorite part of GSGs and 4x games, so I'm excited to see you that doesn't focus on war at all.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just so happy. :kimchi:

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Hellioning posted:

Here is an article about Vicky 3 and here is more specific stuff from that person from Reddit.

Fuligin posted:

there is a hell of a lot of info in that reddit post, good poo poo if true

Yeah I just took my time reading through most of it, it looks like it is true, and if it isn't then whoever wrote it should get a job at PDS because it really sounds like a fantastic game (assuming everything is balanced and working as intended).

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I suck rear end at Grand Strategy, but I love that Vicky 3 is no longer an urban legend.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Decoupling political and economic systems is going to own.

No more mandatory command economies with Communism. You can instead have all your factories be worker owned cooperatives instead and let them deal with it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dirk Pitt posted:

No armed conflict sounds a ton of fun. I cannot wait to get into this game

Where are you reading this?

No armed conflicts?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Mans posted:

No armed conflicts?

It's not no (wars are still a thing) but it looks like they are dempthsising war as a focus and more as "your mil power is good for bullying others, and you can actually use it at a pinch"

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Mans posted:

No armed conflicts?

Wiz did say that you can achieve a lot of things normally achieved by war with diplomacy. War's still on the table for those that want it.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Reddit Dude posted:

Full market simulation

i cant wait for wiz to melt my computer and cause my house to burn down

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mans posted:

No armed conflicts?
No armed conflict, as an option for how you play a campaign. Though the chat in the twitch stream really did hear it as "War is not a feature of the game".

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
If they don't manage to pull off "just managing your country will be fun, no wars required" with this one then I'm going to swear off Paradox games forever, I've got sick of the Paradox GSG formula of constant warfare being optimal every time.

Having Wiz at the helm does make it seem at least plausible but after Imperator (which conceptually seemed like an easy win) I'm not taking anything for granted.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
there's no way in hell they'll be able to pull this off, but if they manage even half of it, it'll be amazing

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everything about this game sounds exactly like what I wanted Victoria 3 to be. Wiz you mad man you might have actually done it.

I still fear Paradox being Paradox but this is a heck of a good first impression.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Fuligin posted:

Wiz is making Victoria III. It will have easter eggs and nods to hohenLP and azeriLP. There will be no anarcho-libs, and nothing will hurt and everything will be beautiful

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

quote:

Oh, and before you start speculating crazily about what is and is not in the game: No, there is no mana!

Game of the Year

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

vicky 3 bring back warp drive!

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

There are no "uncolonized" provinces, but you can colonize on top of a Decentralized Country without declaring war.

Diplomatic Plays: Basically an evolution of the crisis system from Vicky 2. This is now the default way you try to get things from other countries who do not want to give them to you! I described it as almost like "Diplomatic Combat."

Three different Tech Trees: Production, Military, and Society. More like a traditional, branching 4X tech tree, not like the tech columns in Vicky 2. No split between techs and inventions. Seems like no more RNG for inventions other than that Tech Spread has some RNG involved.

yayyy

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

alcaras posted:

Do we have a thread for Victoria 3 yet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968353

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm hearing reports that Victoria 3 is confirmed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is and it is good.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Victoria 3 Steam tags:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

quote:

Loyalist POPs (and Radicals) can die off, which causes intergenerational conflict. If you had an era of prosperity that generated a lot of Loyalists, and then they die, the younger generation with worse economic opportunities might suddenly be not so happy and change the loyalty and attitude of your Interest Groups.

oh my god they have simulated the boomer/millenial divide

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Kaza42 posted:

Victoria 3 Steam tags:

Can't wait to see Queen Victoria's giant anime breasts.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cultures having heritage and linguistic traits will make immigration really cool.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Kris xK posted:

Goddamnit Wiz you beautiful bastard.

This is going to be great!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pylons posted:

Cultures having heritage and linguistic traits will make immigration really cool.
Waiting for the “Heritage of Hate” dev diary explaining the racism system.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kaza42 posted:

Victoria 3 Steam tags:

Needs psychological horror.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Oh fuuck yes! Thank you Wiz. I'm so god drat hyped. What can possibly go wrong!

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

i just woke up, is vicky 3 good

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

e-dt posted:

i just woke up, is vicky 3 good

The anarcho-libs had their revenge and scuttled the project. Now we're waiting for Vicky4

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

VideoWitch posted:

Also looks like it has an Imperator: Rome style character system so that will be cool.

Please god no, Imperator would literally be a better game if the character system was deleted

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I am hype for this game but part of me wonders if it really needed to be a map game at all.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Fellblade posted:

I am hype for this game but part of me wonders if it really needed to be a map game at all.

I think it would suck without physical context. It would be like those democracy games where you just click bubbles all day

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol a victorian era game without a map to make your colour :britain: :france: :italy: :japan: :911:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not only did they make a new Victoria, but they didn't dumb it down or gameify it's simulation elements. In fact, it sounds like they have added depth to every system you would want.

God bless you Wiz.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That info dump reddit post has me excited. Vicky has always been the most conceptually interesting Paradox game to me, and POPs' standard of living has always been something I really hoped they'd focus on, and I'm ecstatic to see that it appears to be getting so much attention.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

as it has been said in the past stellaris 2.0 was just a conceptual warmup for this. amazing job everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I just want it to not have poo poo late-game performance with all those pops.