Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well Destiny did something right for what a scam that turd was that I dumped 200 hours in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm curious how it'll all pan out

Battlefront I was a huge turd

Destiny was a complete scam as well but had actual--albeit heavily repetitive--gunplay and such that kept people coming back. I'm kicking myself for getting it again but I'm a sucker :/

I played Destiny for the first time on January and I had a lot of fun because for a new player that got the whole package, there was so much content to play and never had issues finding people for strikes. To this day I only played two raids and completely dropped it when Titanfall 2 grabbed hard.

I may get Destiny 2 but some time after launch when people confirm that it didn't make the same mistake as 1 releasing little content from the start.

Right now the biggest contenders to be the second MP shooter for me are BF4 because I can find it cheap (and gets sales often) and R6 Siege but while goons on this thread usually pop saying that they like BF1, BF4, Overwatch, TF2, Destiny... I never see someone mention it, yet it seems to have a big and healthy playerbase both on PC and PS4 (and a lot of streamers for both platforms) so I very curious about it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah but you gotta understand Destiny didn't get there and such until after a year or so. The light system and all that was garbage and a stupid grindfestThe base release game had poo poo content and they literally diced the game up for DLC in the most blatant way possible and had you running the same missions only backwards with reskinned enemies

Ok now I'm just on a tangent

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I was also curious about R6 Siege as I have been itching for a shooter and it being half off is pretty tempting

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the bombcast had some good rants about launch destiny that lay out why it was so hosed up

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Why did I pre order Des2ny at the same time I ordered a People's Totally Not Communist Golf?

And what in the world possessed me to get the deluxe edition? Tato clan, Mango is back. And I might not work 80-100 hours a week starting in September (unlike the last year).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Any reason to expect different though? They still printed cash through and through wit 1

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not the worst art if their plan was to get straight horny dudes to pick out the box from a huge wall and read the back to get details.

Not the worst art if their plan was to get gay horny prospectors to pick out the box from a huge wall and read the back to get details.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Rainbow Six: Siege is a lot of fun. It's pretty much a character-based Counter Strike but it feels good when you play with even a little bit of team work. There's also a terrorist hunt mode for single-player or co-op against a computer, and since all the characters are pretty much made of paper/"realistic" it gets pretty tense. You can find goons to play with on the R6:S thread.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

We all laugh but this is the box that inspired Starcraft.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

doingitwrong posted:

What

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The explanation for the Phalanx box that I always heard was that the promotional image was a big photo collage of a bunch of people reacting to spaceship violence and somehow the box got condensed to one dude from the corner of the piece and now it just makes zero sense as cover art.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Any reason to expect different though? They still printed cash through and through wit 1
At least it seems like they finally looked at another MMO at some point after launch and realized how endgame progression was supposed to function. Vanilla Destiny light was the most halfassed implementation of gear level that I have ever seen.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"

Guillermus posted:

I played Destiny for the first time on January and I had a lot of fun because for a new player that got the whole package, there was so much content to play and never had issues finding people for strikes. To this day I only played two raids and completely dropped it when Titanfall 2 grabbed hard.

I may get Destiny 2 but some time after launch when people confirm that it didn't make the same mistake as 1 releasing little content from the start.

Right now the biggest contenders to be the second MP shooter for me are BF4 because I can find it cheap (and gets sales often) and R6 Siege but while goons on this thread usually pop saying that they like BF1, BF4, Overwatch, TF2, Destiny... I never see someone mention it, yet it seems to have a big and healthy playerbase both on PC and PS4 (and a lot of streamers for both platforms) so I very curious about it.

To answer your question from a couple pages back I play Battlefield 4 almost daily on my ps4 (north america) and never have trouble finding a match. It's still very active.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

doingitwrong posted:

That doesn't look like a Warhammer 40k novel though

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If you're on a PS4 Pro, I would suggest buying BF1 instead of BF4. The increased resolution makes a huge difference, BF4 looks like a PS2 game comparatively. 900p is a pretty crummy resolution.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Any other idiots get the Destiny 2 ps4 pro? Only white ps4 pro option 🙄 probably sell the physical copy of D2 and get a digital

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I've been wanting to get a Pro for awhile now and a white one bundled with Destiny 2 was pretty much perfect.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

After tf2 no mp shooters are fast enough. Destiny feels totally unacceptable

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

After tf2 no mp shooters are fast enough. Destiny feels totally unacceptable

Ugh you're not wrong. Destiny and Overwatch feel like slogs but it's not too terrible. Probably stop TF2 until hopefully TF3 comes

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

FalsePriest posted:

To answer your question from a couple pages back I play Battlefield 4 almost daily on my ps4 (north america) and never have trouble finding a match. It's still very active.

Yeah BF4 still has a ton of people playing it, especially on ps4:

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population

BF1 for comparison:

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I just bought a PS4.

I've got Divinity: Original Sin and Bloodborne for me, and Skyrim: Special Ed. and Stardew Valley for the wife.

What essentials should I be looking at buying next? I haven't gamed outside of an iPhone since the PS2 was a thing, so I don't even know what genres to tinker with.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

virinvictus posted:

I just bought a PS4.

I've got Divinity: Original Sin and Bloodborne for me, and Skyrim: Special Ed. and Stardew Valley for the wife.

What essentials should I be looking at buying next? I haven't gamed outside of an iPhone since the PS2 was a thing, so I don't even know what genres to tinker with.

Uncharted series
Infamous Second Son and First Light
Horizon Zero Dawn
BloodBorne

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Morby posted:

BloodBorne

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

virinvictus posted:

I just bought a PS4.

Make the Last of US remastered your first purchase.

Everyone is going to say Bloodborne but seeing as how you haven't played games for a long time it's probably good to warn you that it's hard as gently caress , because no one else seems willing to ever do that itt.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Can anyone give me an explanation on why I can't start my games due to not being connected to the internet, despite me being in an active party chat talking to my friends and using the built in web browser to search for troubleshooting tips on sony's website? Playstation store won't boot either.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Resogun.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
How is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? It looks really good, but I heard it's short, and I'm wondering if it would be better to spend my money elsewhere.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

virinvictus posted:

I just bought a PS4.

horizon zero dawn
the last of us
the uncharted series
persona 5
the witcher 3
metal gear solid 5
rayman legends

if you want a multiplayer game then overwatch, titanfall 2, and battlefield seem to be the ones people play here the most. I'd recommend overwatch personally since the healer and tank roles allow you to have fun even if your shooting isn't up to par. there are also a ton of indie games that might not have been on a phone for you to enjoy, like rogue legacy or lovers in a dangerous space time

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
where is the golf

give me the golf

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hiro Protagonist posted:

How is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? It looks really good, but I heard it's short, and I'm wondering if it would be better to spend my money elsewhere.

It's short (like 5-6 hours) but it's really loving good and they priced it lower because if how short it is anyways. Most companies would charge $60 for something like Hellblade without blinking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It's the kind of game that is 100% Not For Everyone but I loved it and couldn't imagine $30 better spent this year. It takes 6-8 hours to play through and is extremely heavy on the atmosphere and narrative, with some functional but not especially complex combat and puzzling sections. The real appeal of the game is how all the elements come together to induce the experience of undergoing a psychotic episode against the backdrop of some very bleak norse mythology, with some absolutely amazing sound design. It's kind of hard to describe what exactly Hellblade is but it's definitely not a hack & slash, so don't go into it expecting there to be too much swordplay.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Ryoga posted:

Can anyone give me an explanation on why I can't start my games due to not being connected to the internet, despite me being in an active party chat talking to my friends and using the built in web browser to search for troubleshooting tips on sony's website? Playstation store won't boot either.
I've had the same problem for a few weeks. I think they're having trouble shoveling coal into the license servers. In my case, restoring licenses fixed it. Long term, if it's an option, just in case you didn't know, you should set your PS4 as your primary so it doesn't have to validate your licenses every time.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like how dude already said he got bloodborne but that didn't stop the autists from going " a game recommendation post??? I'd better say bloodborne, regardless of anything else this gentleman has said in the rest of his post!"

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CordlessPen posted:

I've had the same problem for a few weeks. I think they're having trouble shoveling coal into the license servers. In my case, restoring licenses fixed it. Long term, if it's an option, just in case you didn't know, you should set your PS4 as your primary so it doesn't have to validate your licenses every time.

That would be the easiest option but since I share my games with my brother's ps4 that's a no go. Glad to see it's not just me, suffering loves company.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrNutt posted:

I like how dude already said he got bloodborne but that didn't stop the autists from going " a game recommendation post??? I'd better say bloodborne, regardless of anything else this gentleman has said in the rest of his post!"

I thought it was a joke.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JBP posted:

I thought it was a joke.

I just never know anymore.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrNutt posted:

I just never know anymore.

For reference I thought the other poster was joking, but I meant to buy two copies of bloodborne.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Man if I hadnt played a game in a decade. Witcher 3. Put it on easy and enjoy everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

virinvictus posted:

I just bought a PS4.

Besides what has already been mentioned; The Witness, Inside, Rocket League, Everybodys Golf, Hellblade
All good games, just do a quick google to see if any of them are your thing