Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Dalael posted:

For what its worth, I evaced all of my poo poo TO 1dq1-A. If it falls, so do I cuz I cant afford all that asset safety.

Same, if they want 1dq1 it will be over the wreak of every asset I own. I'd actually love to have an apocalyptic battle in 1dq1 using everything we got, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. I just hope we get at least another huge battle or battles before the end of the war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Looks like the suspicion was correct.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

ZombieLenin posted:

Omg, is this a comedy post? If it isn’t you are as deluded as those American Republicans who think Trump actually won the American presidential election.

Edit

I just hit okay on 143 day research job on a Nid BPO in 1D1Q this morning.

So definitely confirming ‘evac’ in-progress. :agesilaus:

Saving this post for when 1DQ falls.

COMEDY GOLD

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Wait, they're going after Fountain again after losing it the first time? How many times has the "objective" of this comedy war changed in the last week?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

DGC773 posted:

Saving this post for when 1DQ falls.

COMEDY GOLD

Stop signing your post you donkey

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Snail Information posted:

Same, if they want 1dq1 it will be over the wreak of every asset I own. I'd actually love to have an apocalyptic battle in 1dq1 using everything we got, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. I just hope we get at least another huge battle or battles before the end of the war.

The way I see it, every latest :ccp: changes are to get more people to buy PLEX and i'm not down wit that. So if we lose 1dq it'll be the end of EVE for me.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Is the plan to just raise Fountain over and over to grind goon morale or something because lol

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

My 6 month subscription ends on 25 February 2021. I will quit this game happily if we manage to glass the 1DQ Dyson sphere. I can finally win eve and stop playing this lovely game before CCP ruins it forever.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I gotta appreciate the grift. "If you just let us win i'll leave you alone"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

The way I see it, every latest :ccp: changes are to get more people to buy PLEX and i'm not down wit that. So if we lose 1dq it'll be the end of EVE for me.

I'm no space admiral but you guys are probably going to lose 1dq barring some miraculous server magic shenanigans. The other side has way more supercaps and people in general that will be pretty motivated to show up and shoot the null version of Jita. Hopefully there is at least a big fight that is fun and lots of supers die on both sides.

Eve these days outside of giant null bloc stuff seems more fun then it ever has been. Wormholes are fun, lowsec seems fun and full of small/medium gangs and non-super fights, regional markets are now more viable if you want to play it as a business simulator, etc. The game seems the polar opposite of the old days, where the only engaging gameplay was in a big organized group. If you like the game you should at least try other ways to play it out instead of lashing yourself to the mast of the S.S. Imperium.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm no space admiral but you guys are probably going to lose 1dq barring some miraculous server magic shenanigans. The other side has way more supercaps and people in general that will be pretty motivated to show up and shoot the null version of Jita. Hopefully there is at least a big fight that is fun and lots of supers die on both sides.

Eve these days outside of giant null bloc stuff seems more fun then it ever has been. Wormholes are fun, lowsec seems fun and full of small/medium gangs and non-super fights, regional markets are now more viable if you want to play it as a business simulator, etc. The game seems the polar opposite of the old days, where the only engaging gameplay was in a big organized group. If you like the game you should at least try other ways to play it out instead of lashing yourself to the mast of the S.S. Imperium.

Good luck. We will be waiting. We have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Maybe I figured it out... what TEST et al. Is waiting for is for goons to start to die off over the next 25 years, or for the server to shut down—when Vily will declare his goals of forcing goons from delve complete.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

Good luck. We will be waiting. We have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Maybe I figured it out... what TEST et al. Is waiting for is for goons to start to die off over the next 25 years, or for the server to shut down—when Vily will declare his goals of forcing goons from delve complete.

You’ve been waiting purely because your leadership have just stood by and watched the Imperium empire collapse around them without doing anything. The only time you guys actually turned up was for the keepstar fights. You keep hurfblurfing that you are waiting for us, well we are now 1jumpnfrom your staging. Come and have it. Or wait for us to continue prosecuting our slow and methodical campaign.

I can’t wait for us to get in to 1DQ and start smashing structures. Hopefully it will give us a few weeks of constant fights

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

didnt passpi get omega-pwnd when they went for the 1dq jammer the other day

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

BR OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gonna take that as a yes.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

The only thing you need to know about PISSPASS is that they refuse to poo poo and they refuse to get off the pot.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

DGC773 posted:

BR OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

here's your BR

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

They flew in a nightmare fleet and a ferox fleet to attack the jammer and ansi and ran off the second cerbs undocked without reffing anything.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DGC773 posted:

BR OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Vily himself was the FC so you know they were taking it v seriously

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Vily himself was the FC so you know they were taking it v seriously

And wasn't it a 'wreck poo poo' fleet they formed up hoping we couldn't suddenly defend after we had just saved a fort somewhere?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

DGC773 posted:

BR OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

This gave me a good giggle. As though it was going to stump the entire thread and all of a sudden countless goons would realise their defeat.... because there was no BR

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

there would be a BR had vily not hosed off back to T5 the moment everyone undocked lol

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

KerenskyWhite posted:

And wasn't it a 'wreck poo poo' fleet they formed up hoping we couldn't suddenly defend after we had just saved a fort somewhere?

They knew Asher was off killing a dread with a fleet, so they took a poke at the jammer and bridge and ran off when we formed a large enough 2nd fleet and jumped in caps.

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

They knew Asher was off killing a dread with a fleet, so they took a poke at the jammer and bridge and ran off when we formed a large enough 2nd fleet and jumped in caps.

Technically my cap was already there since I hadn't been able to move it yet. Then once we stood down I got to move it. Move op success!

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008
But anyway, literally all the time I see passpi going off about how we never form for poo poo and they want to fight yet every time we form they either ridiculously outnumber or or run away. Sometimes both. Then rabble about how we should take the fight next door. If they're trying to break us through blueballs wow have I got a surprise for them.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goons were born with blue balls

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Probably. The way I see it, if we can't save 1dq we can't save helms deep. And if we lose 1dq, then we deserve to lose 1dq. Tbh i realized a few years ago I don't actually like this game, I just like having a character in it. The few times I had fun are in situation just like these, when we're outnumbered, outgunned and fighting for survival. So if we lose Delve, its probably the end of EVE for me. I don't like all the hassle of wormholes and i dont particulary care for low sec. Its why I only resub for major war. I literally am a F1 monkey except I fly logi.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Can we please define "losing 1dq" as "all GSF Keepstars in 1dq are destroyed", just so that we have a common ground to talk about?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

Probably. The way I see it, if we can't save 1dq we can't save helms deep. And if we lose 1dq, then we deserve to lose 1dq. Tbh i realized a few years ago I don't actually like this game, I just like having a character in it. The few times I had fun are in situation just like these, when we're outnumbered, outgunned and fighting for survival. So if we lose Delve, its probably the end of EVE for me. I don't like all the hassle of wormholes and i dont particulary care for low sec. Its why I only resub for major war. I literally am a F1 monkey except I fly logi.

i can't believe my pal Dalael is giving me all of his stuff whatta guy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GaussianCopula posted:

Can we please define "losing 1dq" as "all GSF Keepstars in 1dq are destroyed", just so that we have a common ground to talk about?

Losing 1DQ is losing the market hub that is all anyone thinks about in terms of that system

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Why does the thread smell like bacon and goose poop?

I wonder if six months after the war ends you'd even be able to tell there had been a war at all?

Maybe a regular fort in a spot instead of a faction fort?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Dalael posted:

The most fun I have had in this game is when I have been in a war with an equal sized enemy.

I will be quitting this game once this war is over.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

I will try and consolidate the objectives that PAPI have in this war.

TEST:
Remove GSF from Delve.
Move the entire alliance to Delve.

VILY:
Delete Goons as an entity from the game

PANFAM:
Good fights
Glass 1DQ

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
There's a really hilarious undercurrent of "why won't goons attack us" in almost every papi post. Bitch you're attacking us we don't come to you

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Doubt.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

at least the making GBS threads goose put all of the goalposts in one handy spot, so when they change again - after all, "power projection into Fountain" is now a war goal - we can quote it again

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lmao wanting ~gudfites~ but still saying goons blob whenever its almost 1:1

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

that "goons blobbing" interrupt when, I dunno, we're apparently outnumbered 3:1 will never ever get old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Why does the thread smell like bacon and goose poop?

I wonder if six months after the war ends you'd even be able to tell there had been a war at all?

Maybe a regular fort in a spot instead of a faction fort?

Idk man CCP seem hellbent on having no one play this game or want to hold space.