Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I'm loving all the music that Griffin is making for the Adventure Zone, it's magical. Incidentally, he just posted this fantastic mash-up that he made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
the Big Gulp theme seemed to be a legitimate good jam

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Scudworth posted:

the Big Gulp theme seemed to be a legitimate good jam

Goon-run podcast Lou Reads The Internet has done several episodes on vore, which just makes me appreciate the McElroy touch on incomprehensible fetishes that much more.

http://loureads.com/2009/05/19/lou-reads-vorarephilia-forums-being-eaten-fetish/

http://loureads.com/2014/12/02/lou-reads-ep130-vore-discussions-from-ekas-portal/

http://loureads.com/2012/01/06/lou-reads-pokemon-vore-discussions-from-the-hungry-pokemon-forum/

http://loureads.com/2012/03/07/new-video-excerpts-from-lou-reads-84-pokemon-vore/

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'm loving all the music that Griffin is making for the Adventure Zone, it's magical. Incidentally, he just posted this fantastic mash-up that he made.

Was this the Fantasy CostCo music, or the two parts of the Voidfish's song put together?

https://www.instagram.com/p/-hBaQIq-52/?taken-by=griffinmcelroy

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
"You want a skillet old enough to have had something with a racist nickname in it" is loving brilliant.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

graventy posted:

"You want a skillet old enough to have had something with a racist nickname in it" is loving brilliant.

"I'm sorry grandma did you mean BACON?!"

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Precious babies

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Having my dumb name immortalized as a meat grinder dwarf is the best thing that's ever happened to me, probably.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Angryhead posted:

Precious babies

I was right behind the dude who handed Griffin this at the bar after the show!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This year's Candlenights show was fantastic, I was dying on my drive back home for xmas.

"It was the Hannukah Fox"

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The crowning jewel of the Candlenights show was the reveal of the Candlenights holiday song.

Last year's Sad Libs was better though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Sad Libs have never been good.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SpacePig posted:

Sad Libs have never been good.

They haven't been good. They've been amazing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

After this most recent Sad Lib they seem to have implied that Justin went down into the audience so that he could boo Travis. Can someone who was there confirm this?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Ariong posted:

After this most recent Sad Lib they seem to have implied that Justin went down into the audience so that he could boo Travis. Can someone who was there confirm this?

Yes. Justin left almost immediately and walked out of the auditorium. A couple minutes later, from the back of the room, a chorus of boos started up. It wasn't till the end of the Sad Libs did you learn they had been orchestrated by Justin who had gone all the way around the auditorium and into the back of the audience. Pretty amazing. Also, Sad Libs in a crowd setting is SERIOUSLY 50/50. Some people LOVED it, but there is clearly a fair amount of the audience that is truly and not jokingly not into it. The energy of the room changed.

snackpants
Sep 3, 2009

Watch how fast I type "motherfucker."
Does there exist anywhere a Sad Libs supercut or something? Or can someone direct me to a specific episode? I'm confused as to where all the vitriol is coming from, the one clip I found on Youtube was funny. Maybe I'm just broken.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I was hoping Travis would just keep going and going for literally like 10 minutes until everyone in the audience was broken or threatening actual physical violence against him.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
They're okay to moderately funny in an immature way but the gag is mainly that the other brothers absolutely out-and-out loathe it in an over the top manner and their reactions are the really great part

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Justin and Griffin hate Sad Libs because they aren't funny. They're not even really jokes so much as they are just random words. Bathtub dandelion fart ocean. Boom, Sad Lib. Some people like them, sure, but it's not exactly A material. Travis certainly only does them to aggravate Justin and Griffin, and that is funny imo.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Ariong posted:

Justin and Griffin hate Sad Libs because they aren't funny. They're not even really jokes so much as they are just random words. Bathtub dandelion fart ocean. Boom, Sad Lib. Some people like them, sure, but it's not exactly A material. Travis certainly only does them to aggravate Justin and Griffin, and that is funny imo.

Plus at this point he pretty much ONLY does them at Candlenights, right? Maybe he did one at another live show this year but the past two Candlenights are the only ones I specifically remember (because I was THERE, man, because I was THERE).

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I think Sad Libs are pretty remarkable in the MBMBaM context because they're, I think, their only example of willfully antagonistic anti-humor. And the fact that it comes from Travis of all people is even weirder.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
It's one of the many things that works best/only works because they're actually brothers.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The one time at MaxFunCon (I think) where Travis is doing Sad Libs and he pauses and one of the brother yells out in the most exasperated voice "JUST loving DO IT!" is like one of my favorite show moments.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I want a haunted doll watch.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The Modern Leper posted:

It's one of the many things that works best/only works because they're actually brothers.

Sad Libs has nothing on a good Pun Run. :rip: The Bugle

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is it cool to talk about Adventure Zone here? It's the best D&D podcast I ever tried. All the characters are hilarious and I'm genuinely invested in the story.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Is it cool to talk about Adventure Zone here? It's the best D&D podcast I ever tried. All the characters are hilarious and I'm genuinely invested in the story.

It is cool to talk about the Adventure Zone here. It's radical, Justin's Taako voice always makes me laugh.

There's also a thread in Trad Games for it and other "Actual Play" podcasts, if that's more your thing.

E: I mean, I guess I'm assuming it's cool. We've been doing it at any rate.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
It's probably worth it to make a separate thread for it at this point, but yeah.

Also last night I went from "hmm, I should try out Monster Factory" to "WHY AREN'T THERE MORE OF THESE"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

detectivemonkey posted:

It's probably worth it to make a separate thread for it at this point, but yeah.

Also last night I went from "hmm, I should try out Monster Factory" to "WHY AREN'T THERE MORE OF THESE"

The few weeks between releases of the Fallout 4 Monster Factory episodes felt like an eternity.

Also, I think just making this a general McElroy Bros Appreciation Station type thread would be fine. It's not like there's a lot of posting in this thread to begin with.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i just want to post about adventure zone, forever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

merle is a goddamn sociopath and he is the best character

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I managed to marathon the entire run of the adventure zone and have been seriously tempted to relisten from the beginning, it's incredibly good. I really need to go donate and get the bonus ep(s?)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

I managed to marathon the entire run of the adventure zone and have been seriously tempted to relisten from the beginning, it's incredibly good. I really need to go donate and get the bonus ep(s?)

do you have a link to the recut of the 1st episode that gets past all the chargen stuff?

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Alaois posted:

do you have a link to the recut of the 1st episode that gets past all the chargen stuff?

I don't have a link but it is listed chronologically 2nd as "Ep. 1.5" in the iTunes feed if you can put up with that.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Here's episode 1.5!

http://podbay.fm/show/947899573/e/1417626000?autostart=1

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd honestly just listen to the regular version of episode 1, nothing they went over in it felt like it was too boring to sit through.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Toxxupation posted:

Griffin, is actually, the best brother

evidence: http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/28/10236420/why-undertale-rules

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

this article is completely correct and everyone should play that game

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Also worth noting that The Besties just did another year end episode wherein the kimono was parted if you're into dudes hollerin' about video games for two and a half hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Today's money zone reminded me of something I feel everyone just kind of moved on from immediately, somehow.

Travis is a Tim Allen Buddhist? That's a thing?

• Locked thread