Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Farchanter posted:

I'm starting interviews to hopefully find a new job in the near future. My fear is this: I'm meeting with my doctor tomorrow to discuss a treatment plan for a shoulder injury. If I were to take a new job, would there be a risk that my treatment wouldn't be covered as a "pre-existing condition"? Should I drop anchor and stay at my current employer until I'm back to health?

That's separate from other concerns like whether or not my current doctor would suddenly become out-of-network, coverage cost/quality, etc. I'm just trying to figure out if I have a very expensive handcuff to my current job that I'm not accounting for. IE: whether I basically must get treated for this injury under my current employer's insurance.

If your prospectitve employer is offering an ACA compliant plan there shouldn't be any pre-existing condition nonsense to worry about. Ask about the benefits as part of your interview process as it is an integral part of your compensation. It does not need to be live - send an email to the hiring manager or recruiter (whomever you are dealing with) and ask for a benefits summary. It should detail the insurer, plan type, co-pay's, that sort of thing. You can verify that your doctor is in network as well.

If you are in a very specialized treatment plan you can appeal to your insurance for coverage of your doctor for continunity of care but it's an uphill battle.

Make sure their plan isn't one of the bullshit grandfathered plans or the ones that sidestep the aca altogether.

Either way they only make one you and lots of jobs. Please take care of your body. You can even negotiate with your doctor for a out of network rate if applicable assuming you have any out of network coverage at all. They might be really reasonable about how much you would owe. If you wind up in this situation make sure you ask them about it. Get a coded bill and come back here for help talking to the insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's likely going to be the impact if I use the 'buried utility line' coverage part of my homeowners insurance? There's a break and I'm looking at around $12k in repairs (policy max is $10k). Are they likely to terminate my coverage afterwards? This is with Travelers

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

devicenull posted:

What's likely going to be the impact if I use the 'buried utility line' coverage part of my homeowners insurance? There's a break and I'm looking at around $12k in repairs (policy max is $10k). Are they likely to terminate my coverage afterwards? This is with Travelers

I doubt they will terminate your coverage if this is your only claim ever, but you should ask if you will lose a claim free discount, and how much that discount is per year.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

H110Hawk posted:

I doubt they will terminate your coverage if this is your only claim ever, but you should ask if you will lose a claim free discount, and how much that discount is per year.

Good point, but the *total* of my discounts is listed at $250/yr... so even I lose the entire thing that's still... 40 years before break even. My main concern is if having this on the house's "record" is going to raise prices if I ever switch.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
It's right on the border for "worth it" really. If you have a $1000 deductible or whatever you would want to weigh it against just paying out of pocket in general.

You can also ask them if a theoretical claim against it would be reported to clue or be ratable or whatever.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My health insurance includes regular dental maintenance, and my employer provides a free supplemental vision/dental plan. I had a 6 month checkup last month and apparently they billed both plans for D0120 periodic oral evalution and D1110 prophylaxis. A few weeks later, I had gumline fillings on the outside of 2 molars and they did mention splitting the charges between the 2 insurances. I think the plans cover 80% of fillings and I have a $25 deductible? I ended up paying 2x $38 for local anesthetic and didn't pay for anything else.

Should I be worried about their billing practices? Not that I plan on getting more fillings, but my coverage is only once per 24 months. For the cleanings, I guess I could stagger the insurances to get 4 cleanings/year but that seems more trouble than it's worth.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I had a thousand dollar homeowners deductible. Had a plumbing leak that caused 10,000 in damage. Filed the claim, got a way better floor for very little out of pocket (went from laminate to real wood veneer). Would file homeowners claim again.

Had another leak a year later and it did like $3 or $4k in damage, did not file a claim both because it wasn't worth it money wise, and also because I think it's having two claims in a relatively short period of time that totally turbofucks you. One is okay.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

I had three. Two of them were about $1600 each (insurance paid $800 each), the other was $2300 (insurance paid $500). The latter is actually from a municipal ambulance company and I'm currently playing the aforementioned game of chicken with them about whether they'll actually send me to collections. I'm technically on a payment plan but I think I've only made one $50 payment in the last 6 months. I haven't been sent to collections yet and it seems like they've quit sending me bills but I also don't really pay that much attention to my mail so it's possible I just missed some.

The game of chicken continues. They sent me a letter saying they hadn't been sending people to collections due to the pandemic but starting July 1st they're going to start up again. I was going to call them before the 1st and tell them if they'll accept a reasonable amount for the ambulance ride (like another $300 on top of what they've already been paid) I'd send it to them. But I forgot.

bird with big dick posted:

Got a $4009 medical bill out of nowhere, from the car accident 18 months ago. Apparently they billed the car insurance and they told them to get hosed, so then they billed my BCBS and they said "lol you can't just send bills in 16 months later, we ain't paying poo poo."

And the thing is I told them Progressive wouldn't pay them and they needed to submit it to BCBS and they said that they would but first they had to wait until Progressive denied it which supposedly Progressive didn't do for 15 months or whatever.

And this is all somehow my fault and the bill collector rear end in a top hat is starting in on the sleezy collections tactics.

Jesus Christ what a great system.

This is also still going on. Every time I call them they say they're still reviewing it. I think they're still waiting for BCBS to pay them, because they're loving morons, because BCBS is never going to pay them and both myself and BCBS have told them that.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 14, 2022

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Is there anywhere but the Obamacare exchange for an unmarried, self-employed person to get health insurance? I'm currently paying $570/mo for a blue cross 'Blue Value Silver' plan through the exchange. It's decent enough insurance except the $3000 deductible and of course the high premium. I got very excited about getting insurance through a trade association I belong to which would have offered slightly better coverage overall and a $1k deductible for $550/month. However, apparently I can only get that if I am an 'employer' with at least 1 full-time, 30hr/wk employee other than myself that I can offer this coverage to. Being self-employed doesn't count. I was really excited about my new, better coverage because there's not much else to get excited about in one's mid-30s, and was pretty bummed when I found out it wasn't gonna work the way I thought. I just want better health insurance :saddowns:

There are potentially some options to make that plan work-I have some part time help and I may be able to swing him into full time which would probably be good for me in the long run anyway, but that's a different conversation.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Home Insurance in California question: About a week and a half ago, a small fire broke out in my home. The fire itself was contained to a drawer (battery explosion) and while there's no fire damage in the house, there was a ton of smoke.

Looking to move quickly, I signed on with an "Emergency Services" company that day. They've driven getting the air scrubbers into place, the pack out, and structure cleaning. So far everything is good and my insurance has given the green light for all of this. My understanding is that all of these services are done at a fixed price, so my choice of vendor doesn't matter much.

The "emergency services" portion of the work is done and we're moving into repairs/remediation. My insurance company has already sent out a third-party to estimate the damage and the construction-arm of the emergency services contractor (ESC) will do the same. My understanding from here is that if I go with the ESC, they'll submit a bid, it will need to get approved and that can take between 7-10 business days, some haggling, ignoring the lead time for the ESC to start work. This would be the case with any contractor I choose.

My priority right now is getting back into the house as soon as safely possible (I have two young kids). Everyone who has been to the house seems to agree that I'm just a smoke seal and some fresh paint away from doing so.

So now my question: If I can find a vendor to start the work before getting an approval, does that just mean that I'm handling the haggling with my insurance after the fact and after having paid? Does it meaningfully change, in any way, the responsibility of the insurance company to cover any future issues? For example, say we smoke seal 3 rooms and then realize "oh no, we need to seal a fourth". Is that something I can still claim?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Question about double health insurance. Both my SO and I work and get health insurance from our jobs. Hers is 100% covered for both of us and mine isn't so we've gone with her plan and added myself to it. We're on Kaiser, so it's all-in-one.

I've been thinking this next year though about also signing up from my employer for the cheapest a high-deductible plan that costs basically nothing and to get access to a HSA for us. Is that...something I can do? Or even a good idea? Have we been leaving benefits on the table by not doing this already?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

El Mero Mero posted:

Question about double health insurance. Both my SO and I work and get health insurance from our jobs. Hers is 100% covered for both of us and mine isn't so we've gone with her plan and added myself to it. We're on Kaiser, so it's all-in-one.

I've been thinking this next year though about also signing up from my employer for the cheapest a high-deductible plan that costs basically nothing and to get access to a HSA for us. Is that...something I can do? Or even a good idea? Have we been leaving benefits on the table by not doing this already?

You can do it but it creates a paperwork problem. Google "coordination of benefits" for the scoops but basically you might run into a situation where some/all of your claims get denied by both insurance companies while they point the finger at each other to be the "primary" (i.e. pay first). Then you have to sort that crap out yourself. Not impossible by any means but it is irritating. Your situation will be more complex assuming your employer's plan isn't through Kaiser since Kaiser operates its own network of providers so you'll have the out of network headache in addition to the thing I mentioned before.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Shrimpy posted:

Home Insurance in California question: About a week and a half ago, a small fire broke out in my home. The fire itself was contained to a drawer (battery explosion) and while there's no fire damage in the house, there was a ton of smoke.

Looking to move quickly, I signed on with an "Emergency Services" company that day. They've driven getting the air scrubbers into place, the pack out, and structure cleaning. So far everything is good and my insurance has given the green light for all of this. My understanding is that all of these services are done at a fixed price, so my choice of vendor doesn't matter much.

The "emergency services" portion of the work is done and we're moving into repairs/remediation. My insurance company has already sent out a third-party to estimate the damage and the construction-arm of the emergency services contractor (ESC) will do the same. My understanding from here is that if I go with the ESC, they'll submit a bid, it will need to get approved and that can take between 7-10 business days, some haggling, ignoring the lead time for the ESC to start work. This would be the case with any contractor I choose.

My priority right now is getting back into the house as soon as safely possible (I have two young kids). Everyone who has been to the house seems to agree that I'm just a smoke seal and some fresh paint away from doing so.

So now my question: If I can find a vendor to start the work before getting an approval, does that just mean that I'm handling the haggling with my insurance after the fact and after having paid? Does it meaningfully change, in any way, the responsibility of the insurance company to cover any future issues? For example, say we smoke seal 3 rooms and then realize "oh no, we need to seal a fourth". Is that something I can still claim?

Talk to your adjuster and get something in writing but as long as you don't sign a release all the damages resulting from the original occurrence will be covered under your policy subject to any applicable policy limits. Moving forward without the insurance company's approval on individual work items might create a headache down the road if they disagree on the billing rate or scope but you can minimize this possibility by using a vendor that your insurance company works with frequently. They'll likely recommend some if you ask.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

El Mero Mero posted:

I also think you wouldn't be eligible for an HSA if you do that. All the terms I can find (mind you, not an expert, just googled it) has some language like "May not be covered under any health plan that is not a qualified HDHP."

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Grumpwagon posted:

I also think you wouldn't be eligible for an HSA if you do that. All the terms I can find (mind you, not an expert, just googled it) has some language like "May not be covered under any health plan that is not a qualified HDHP."

This is correct. HSA requirements are that you’re on a qualifying HDHP, AND not covered under any other medical plan, including Tricare/Medicare.

Pg 4

IRS posted:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p969.pdf
Other health coverage. If you (and your spouse, if you have family coverage) have HDHP coverage, you can’t generally have any other health coverage. However, you can still be an eligible individual even if your spouse has non-HDHP coverage, provided you aren’t covered by that plan.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Grumpwagon posted:

ah balls. Okay. Yeah in that case the only thing that would make sense would be if we wanted to go outside of Kaiser for something or other.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Your insurance from your job is likely to be primary for all claims, which means you won't seeing Kaiser doctors, which means Kaiser won't pay. I think.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I have a renters insurance policy (through Progressive) with $100k liability coverage, but the new building I moved into demands $300k coverage or they put me on their master policy and charge me. However, I can’t find any instructions online (or through the absolutely worthless progressive portal) to make this change and pay the extra premiums. Do I have to cancel my policy and re-apply or something?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

I have a renters insurance policy (through Progressive) with $100k liability coverage, but the new building I moved into demands $300k coverage or they put me on their master policy and charge me. However, I can’t find any instructions online (or through the absolutely worthless progressive portal) to make this change and pay the extra premiums. Do I have to cancel my policy and re-apply or something?

You'll probably have to call or email them.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ham Equity posted:

You'll probably have to call or email them.

what I guessed, thanks.

As a follow on, is it normal to have to make basically any changes over the phone? I already had to call them once to change the address (before I learned the coverage wasn’t sufficient) and it feels like the portal for my auto insurance lets me handle far more myself than the one for renters.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

what I guessed, thanks.

As a follow on, is it normal to have to make basically any changes over the phone? I already had to call them once to change the address (before I learned the coverage wasn’t sufficient) and it feels like the portal for my auto insurance lets me handle far more myself than the one for renters.

Renters insurance is an afterthought for most insurance companies. They put very little effort into it, since they mostly end up giving it away for free (after discounts) as part of a bundle with car insurance.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You're going to have to call for renter's changes since it's not on Progressive's own paper.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I just changed jobs. I went from 60k to 90k. However, I also went from big business to small business. Funny enough, the health insurance actually seems better. My old company's insurance had a 6k deductible and they told us the HSA made up for it. The new one is UnitedHealthcare Freedom, which has like 2k deductible, 6k maximum out of pocket, a decent network, and covers emergencies and ambulances in and out of network.

The downside is that this is the first time I had a post 26 year old job that doesn't come with dental or vision. Downsides of going to a small company, I suppose. I am considering Cigna Dental Vision 1000. Anyone know if its any good? I am 29, wear glasses, never required any real work on my teeth, but I know my body will crap out at 30 and want to be prepared. It seems affordable at a shockingly small monthly cost.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 4, 2022

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

How you looked at what dental and vision insurance costs? It's basically an expensive savings plan for regular checkups/pair of glasses every year. I would never carry either of those unless they are being heavily subsidized by my employer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Motronic posted:

How you looked at what dental and vision insurance costs? It's basically an expensive savings plan for regular checkups/pair of glasses every year. I would never carry either of those unless they are being heavily subsidized by my employer.

Yeah but everyone in my immediate family's teeth have rotted and require root canals around their mid 30s.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Covok posted:

Yeah but everyone in my immediate family's teeth have rotted and require root canals around their mid 30s.

A lot of dental plans don't cover that or don't cover it completely. Don't assume, check. And I think you'll find the pricing of the plans that do high enough that you'll decide to take the money you'd be paying for dental insurance and stick it in a savings account to pay for services in the future.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Motronic posted:

A lot of dental plans don't cover that or don't cover it completely. Don't assume, check. And I think you'll find the pricing of the plans that do high enough that you'll decide to take the money you'd be paying for dental insurance and stick it in a savings account to pay for services in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean by pricing, though? I have a preliminary quote under 50 bucks a month. I've seen dental procedures run up to 10k. That said, I should check coverage as someone on Reddit has said this plan doesn't cover what I thought it did.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Covok posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by pricing, though? I have a preliminary quote under 50 bucks a month. I've seen dental procedures run up to 10k. That said, I should check coverage as someone on Reddit has said this plan doesn't cover what I thought it did.

What don't you understand? I'm telling you that plans that cover $10k procedures don't cost $50 a month. $50 a month plans barely cover cleanings and xrays.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Covok posted:

Instead of being like most health insurance where there is a max out of pocket you pay, most dental plans I've looked at have a max the insurance will pay. Like they'll only pay $1000 in a year towards procedures, or else they have like 90% coinsurance where you pay 90% of the cost of the procedure and insurance pays 10%. I've done the math on it several times over the years and talked to my dentist about it and the bottom line is that dental insurance doesn't really have any advantage over just paying cash unless your employer is paying most/all of the premium.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Motronic posted:

What don't you understand? I'm telling you that plans that cover $10k procedures don't cost $50 a month. $50 a month plans barely cover cleanings and xrays.

Well, Cigna Vision Dental 1000 apparently only covere basic. But Cigns Vision Dental Hearing 2000 covers major and the website says its about 50.26 per month per person. And I'm alone. I just didn't want to bother with hearing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Instead of being like most health insurance where there is a max out of pocket you pay, most dental plans I've looked at have a max the insurance will pay. Like they'll only pay $1000 in a year towards procedures, or else they have like 90% coinsurance where you pay 90% of the cost of the procedure and insurance pays 10%. I've done the math on it several times over the years and talked to my dentist about it and the bottom line is that dental insurance doesn't really have any advantage over just paying cash unless your employer is paying most/all of the premium.

That explains it a little better. There is a maximum the plan will cover. That's strange. Health insurance has the opposite.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah dental and vision insurance is a scam for individual buyers. None of them cover emergencies (that's on your medical plan) and most of what you think of as an emergency isn't. Think: horrible car accident and your teeth are all knocked out by debris. Medical will cover you until you are no longer at risk of rotting stubs causing you to lose your jaw. Maybe some cheap replacement teeth. After that it's back to dental.

Literally if you need an extra visit to the dentist in a year because you chipped a tooth they won't cover it but maybe they will cover the repair. Unless you want to use amalgam (tooth colored) repairs instead of silver as though it's modern times. Then they cover the price of a silver filling and you make up the rest, unless they just go "nah if you wanted us to pay you should have used silver."

Seriously negotiating with the dentist in a cash price is a great way to get decently priced procedures. Obviously make sure you get recommendations and go to individual dentists not a chain shop. Those places are unnecessary procedure factories.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Home Insurance price basically doubled. No claims, I didn't get reclassified into a hurricane place (this is in midwest). Asking around it seems like this is happening everywhere. I like USAA but guess it's time to churn.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
What's the deal with all the rental car add-on things? I assume they're mostly unnecessary and super high relative cost, but not sure.

I've got a personal auto and umbrella policy from one of the large carriers and have a bunch of different credit cards, some of which probably have some sort of rental benefits, but I haven't spent the time to figure out what the deal is.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction here?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
95% of the time it's totally useless and pure profit for the rental car company, which is why they push it so hard. Even if something happens, you would have to file a claim with an insurance company you did not choose and that has no incentive to provide good customer service.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

CubicalSucrose posted:

What's the deal with all the rental car add-on things? I assume they're mostly unnecessary and super high relative cost, but not sure.

I've got a personal auto and umbrella policy from one of the large carriers and have a bunch of different credit cards, some of which probably have some sort of rental benefits, but I haven't spent the time to figure out what the deal is.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction here?

If we're talking the damage waiver it waives your responsibility for damage to the vehicle, and may have a deductible. If it's minor and drive able you just drop it off at the end of your rental. It's not insurance and there is no claim to file for the physical damage to the rental vehicle. As always, when you are the driver your personal auto policy is primary for liability.

Whether its worth it or not is entirely on what your personal policy and credit card benefits cover. Most policies only cover rental car physical damage up to a certain limit like $50K, which is not always enough. In cases like mine there is no limit, but "rental" only includes vehicles leased/rented for up to 30 days and my personal vehicle physical damage deductibles apply. Personal auto policies typically exclude diminution of value and may exclude lost rental income(loss of use), both of which the damage waiver includes. The rental company can come after your directly for loss of use & diminished value if your carrier declines. There are policies that include both loss of use and diminished value and credit card coverage/benefits can include these, but I have not done a deep dive on those, I just know mine does not.

Short version: If you do the homework you can absolutely be fine with personal auto/credit card coverage for rental vehicles. If you don't know, buy the waiver.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Hed posted:

Home Insurance price basically doubled. No claims, I didn't get reclassified into a hurricane place (this is in midwest). Asking around it seems like this is happening everywhere. I like USAA but guess it's time to churn.

Home insurance prices are way up across the board. Material and labor costs for repairs have gone way up and home insurance prices have been increased accordingly.

My last provider just pulled out of my market completely. They just stopped doing business in Texas. My new policy cost pretty much double what I was paying before.

Definitely shop around though, just don’t be surprised when you get a bunch of quotes for way more than your expecting. I’m a big fan of using an independent agent that can quote a bunch of companies at once. Once a year I call Stephanie at my local office and she runs new quotes for the year.

NuclearEagleFox!!!
Oct 7, 2011
I'm looking at providing insurance to workers through my business. General sticking point is that workers won't want to join this new plan unless it's cheaper than plans they get through spouses/other employers. So how do these monthly premiums look in comparison to the market? I can confirm that the individual plans are cheaper than my current ones, but I have no point of reference for the couple & family plans.

Single Worker:
Dental - $18
Vision - $3.90

Worker and Partner:
Dental - $52
Vision - $10.70

Worker and Children:
Dental - $54
Vision - $11.10

Worker and Family:
Dental - $96
Vision - $17.85

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Those are monthly? Just cover them 100%. The dental/vision discount coupon cards (I loathe to call them insurance with their comically low coverages and limits) are a drop in the bucket.

The elephant in the room though - what's your health premium? Or are you not going to offer health?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearEagleFox!!!
Oct 7, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Those are monthly? Just cover them 100%. The dental/vision discount coupon cards (I loathe to call them insurance with their comically low coverages and limits) are a drop in the bucket.

The elephant in the room though - what's your health premium? Or are you not going to offer health?

Yep, monthly. As a small co-op business, it's not really a drop in the bucket because covering 100% would be a significant increase in our operating costs and would therefore directly cut into our wages and profit distributions (although it would be pre-tax). These numbers are with the business covering half of the worker's premium (not including dependents), which is kind of why they're so wonky.

Medical - I'm focusing on D&V because I have firm quotes on those and we have a specific enrollment period for D&V that is closing soon. Medical enrollment is on a rolling basis and I haven't gotten a quote yet. We would likely have the same issue with that: "is this cheaper than my spouse's insurance?" so maybe I'll be visiting this thread again when that happens.