Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
It turned out good but somewhat bland so I added some Soy Vay teriyaki sauce and sliced scallions and it became instantly delightful thanks for being in my corner u denizens of the cooking thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

prepuce repurposed posted:

It turned out good but somewhat bland so I added some Soy Vay teriyaki sauce and sliced scallions and it became instantly delightful thanks for being in my corner u denizens of the cooking thread

Where TF is my lo mein u friggin chorizo

Robot Made of Meat

Soy Vay makes some tasty sauce.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gonna rehash:

I do not like food bloggers that have to tell you their life story then a bunch of adjectives in a bullet list before they tell you to put oats and water in a blender and call it malk.

An example:

I'm my house we live, laugh and love and also we only eat three things: oats, groats and bacon. So when I came up with this delightful bacom groatmeal cheez sauce to put on my bacon oatmesl, I was absolutely thrilled.

It's:

-creamy
-crunchy
-elegant
-Jennifer
-puce
-religious
-parnip

And it only has three ingredients.

Meanwhile my cousin Jeremy what got sold to Taiwan on the black market was riding a Billy Goat through town one summers day and he was killed by a race car driver's ghost for never shopping at Menard's!

I hate these recipes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is literally me just getting angry at the Minimalist Baker again.

poverty goat

please install recipe filter

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm on my phone

Finger Prince

hamjobs posted:

Gonna rehash:

I do not like food bloggers that have to tell you their life story then a bunch of adjectives in a bullet list before they tell you to put oats and water in a blender and call it malk.

An example:

I'm my house we live, laugh and love and also we only eat three things: oats, groats and bacon. So when I came up with this delightful bacom groatmeal cheez sauce to put on my bacon oatmesl, I was absolutely thrilled.

It's:

-creamy
-crunchy
-elegant
-Jennifer
-puce
-religious
-parnip

And it only has three ingredients.

Meanwhile my cousin Jeremy what got sold to Taiwan on the black market was riding a Billy Goat through town one summers day and he was killed by a race car driver's ghost for never shopping at Menard's!

I hate these recipes.

I read this yesterday and it made with me think of this topic and also seethe with rage.
https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/jambalaya-recipe/
Read this. Do it.

Also what I ended up doing with those canned clams is making ceviche with some baby octo and squid salad from the good supermarket. Yeah yeah raw poo poo cooked in lime juice, you don't wanna see the state of seafood this far from shore. It turned out really fuckin good actually. Still got half a can left I'm gonna mix with artichoke somehow tomorrow.

Edit
loving -Jennifer
loving dying here
#turmeric
#wellness

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 28, 2019

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

I read this yesterday and it made with me think of this topic and also seethe with rage.
https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/jambalaya-recipe/
Read this. Do it.

Also what I ended up doing with those canned clams is making ceviche with some baby octo and squid salad from the good supermarket. Yeah yeah raw poo poo cooked in lime juice, you don't wanna see the state of seafood this far from shore. It turned out really fuckin good actually. Still got half a can left I'm gonna mix with artichoke somehow tomorrow.

Edit
loving -Jennifer
loving dying here
#turmeric
#wellness

I am actively pissed off that she had no idea that the difference between Trinity and Holy Trinity is that Holy Trinity has garlic so she could have skipped that extra paragraph.

Also did she just... Yeah no I can't with your lol.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also jambalaya = rice dish no okra or filé

Gumbo = stew thickened and flavored with okra and filé seasoning

aaaaaAAAAAA

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i made dumplings

igotbetterasiwentalong.jpg

also this beautiful failure i to which i added too much salt and lady-pepper hated because it made her realize she didn't like sauteed shiitakes and eggs together and i had to agree and it was very much a shame

Areola Grande

shiitakes you say?

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

there's also shiitakes in the dumplings along with pork and chives and they were just fine but no the eggs were not fine

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I see the problem

There's brie in it. Just throw it out and start over without brie, way better.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

that's goat brie thank you very much and it is delicious i don't know what to do with you

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

that's goat brie thank you very much and it is delicious i don't know what to do with you

Gonna go sharpen a chefs knife and get out my glass cutting board to break open a loaf of hot not yet structurally sound bread :evilbuddy:

joke_explainer

hamjobs posted:

Gonna go sharpen a chefs knife and get out my glass cutting board to break open a loaf of hot not yet structurally sound bread :evilbuddy:

The terror apparent in their plan made the humid, hot air in their Victorian-looking New Orleans inn seem even more oppressive. His hands shaking, he unfolded his kit across the bed. Three bulbs of garlic, a glass cutting board, a very dull knife. Tied to a harness, a poorly browned roast chicken, for protection. After a moment, the experienced hunter Chatham tilted his huge, buckled hat forward and snickered. "No, boy. When you're hunting a BYOB Fine Dining Effortpost Funhouse Founding Poster, you don't use fresh garlic - they love that stuff. You've got to use the garlic that comes pre-minced from the grocery store, in those little jars. It's completely flavorless and they recoil in horror."

Finger Prince

Artichokes are loving weird and a pain in the rear end.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Artichokes are loving weird and a pain in the rear end.

you're not supposed to put them in your rear end

Robot Made of Meat

Bo-Pepper posted:

i made dumplings

They look like cute little envelopes that you're using to mail butts to people. Excellent dumplings.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Stoner Sloth

Robot Made of Meat posted:

They look like cute little envelopes that you're using to mail butts to people. Excellent dumplings.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

joke_explainer posted:

The terror apparent in their plan made the humid, hot air in their Victorian-looking New Orleans inn seem even more oppressive. His hands shaking, he unfolded his kit across the bed. Three bulbs of garlic, a glass cutting board, a very dull knife. Tied to a harness, a poorly browned roast chicken, for protection. After a moment, the experienced hunter Chatham tilted his huge, buckled hat forward and snickered. "No, boy. When you're hunting a BYOB Fine Dining Effortpost Funhouse Founding Poster, you don't use fresh garlic - they love that stuff. You've got to use the garlic that comes pre-minced from the grocery store, in those little jars. It's completely flavorless and they recoil in horror."

Angles and arms, the creature can be seen racing, long beard gathering dried leaves from the forest path. It smelled of fennel.

"EGGS!! Hard boiled EGGS! But ..." It sniffed the air. "GREEEN! GRRENSY YOLK! I told them. I TOLD THEM BUT THEY DID NOT LISTEN!"

The creature shook with anger and chased after the affront, a trail of fine sea salt swirling in its wake.

poverty goat

Bo-Pepper posted:

i made dumplings

i see plumber butts

also you've maybe inspired me to make these guys again

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

poverty goat posted:

i see plumber butts

also you've maybe inspired me to make these guys again

omg 紅油抄手

What kind of chilli oil do you recommend? I have some standard, but I want to try to make something hotter with gochugaru maybe

Stoner Sloth

spicy wontons sound goooood

also lol, page 69 in the Fine Dining thread :wiggle:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

spicy wontons sound goooood

also lol, page 69 in the Fine Dining thread :wiggle:

:nice:

treasure bear

speaking of eating out, has anyone been to any nice restaurants lately

poverty goat

hamjobs posted:

omg 紅油抄手

What kind of chilli oil do you recommend? I have some standard, but I want to try to make something hotter with gochugaru maybe

make from scratch with the woks of life recipe, and use some GREEN sichuan peppercorns if you really want it to numb your face off

https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-make-chili-oil/

Stoner Sloth

treasure bear posted:

speaking of eating out, has anyone been to any nice restaurants lately

yeah, went down and had a nice fish taco seriously, place was called Lucky Lupitas, a bit expensive but it was surprisingly good for Mexican food in Adelaide

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

poverty goat posted:

make from scratch with the woks of life recipe, and use some GREEN sichuan peppercorns if you really want it to numb your face off

https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-make-chili-oil/

gently caress yes, I have everything to do this. Thank you!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

yeah i'm totally going to make hot oil now and frankly am embarrassed i never have before

poverty goat

hamjobs posted:

gently caress yes, I have everything to do this. Thank you!

It's good stuff. I found that blog after eating some amazing sichuan food in LA and their spicy dumplings and boiled fish are just about perfect reproductions :discourse:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

poverty goat posted:

It's good stuff. I found that blog after eating some amazing sichuan food in LA and their spicy dumplings and boiled fish are just about perfect reproductions :discourse:

Omg want

My oil is in the fridge and tonight I am gonna try making eggplant in black bean sauce with that and way too much garlic, because I'm homesick af and want the Korean version of Chinese food.

poverty goat

I was going to make an omelet but realized as I sauteed ham, peppers and onions that I was out of eggs, so I scrambled it up with some chickpeas from the freezer and it was delicious. This has been a running theme in my cooking ever since I cooked and froze all those chickpeas last month and its p cool how it costs almost nothing to eat this way

Manifisto

poverty goat posted:

I was going to make an omelet but realized as I sauteed ham, peppers and onions that I was out of eggs, so I scrambled it up with some chickpeas from the freezer and it was delicious. This has been a running theme in my cooking ever since I cooked and froze all those chickpeas last month and its p cool how it costs almost nothing to eat this way

that is actually a very good idea and I should do the same

canned chickpeas are convenient but cost bulk blah blah blah

I don't have a pressure cooker, how did you cook your chickies?

ty nesamdoom!

poverty goat

I used a pressure cooker, froze them flat on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper so they wouldnt stick/clump and then bagged them in 1.5 cup portions.

Areola Grande

I don't think I've ever had chickies. Will try some in the instant pot. Is it like a rice substitute or what

My instant pot handbook said something about chickies asploding when pressure cooked :confused:

poverty goat

I don't think I've ever had chickies. Will try some in the instant pot. Is it like a rice substitute or what

My instant pot handbook said something about chickies asploding when pressure cooked :confused:

it's a protein that will take on the flavors around it, like chicken or tofu, but easier usually because the chickpeas are already cooked at this point and you can just add them at the very end. if you eat it with rice or another whole grain you've got complete protein.

let the pressure release naturally and they won't explode

Areola Grande

what's the difference between natural release and quick release? I am confuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

what's the difference between natural release and quick release? I am confuse

natural release is dont touch the quick release and just let it chill out for 15+ minutes until it unlocks