Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Edit: nevermind someone being irritated about dating in the dating thread isn't getting an argument

Big Bowie Bonanza has a new favorite as of 21:34 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FordPRefectLL posted:

Edit: nevermind someone being irritated about dating in the dating thread isn't getting an argument

did you tell your girlfriend you got the last word in this internet argument

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I actually called her right after I wrote that and breathlessly described how hard I owned TP on somethingawful.com

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the online dating thread is pretty much a chat thread at this point and quite frankly lmao

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the online dating thread is pretty much a chat thread at this point and quite frankly lmao

Speaking of which we've got new windmills to tilt at my friend

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it all blends together so i will need an Em Bedded Hyperlink to know what i am supposed to be mad at if not this giant turbonerd upset about girlfriends

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Crow Jane posted:

Thanks, dudes. Unfortunately I know a ton of smokers, so it's been a challenge. I'm tapering off rather than going cold turkey, so it could be worse, but I had a few ciders after work and now I don't know what to do with my hands :smith:

Have you tried one of those grip strengthener devices? The ones that sort of look like tongs. Good resistance and gives your punching hand something to do.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

There's a storm coming in, so my room is nice and cold. I know that it'll get gross and hot again later, so I can't fully enjoy it.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
My stupid internet is being slow as gently caress, saying it will take 7 hours to download the Battlefront update, so I can't go to Bespin yet. :(

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I have a tinder date with a woman who looks like Andy dick because I am too spineless to say no

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I have a tinder date with a woman who looks like Andy dick because I am too spineless to say no

Cancel the date jackass why would you do this

I expected more from you <:mad:>

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

no it's amazing, please follow through and report back

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

NotAnArtist posted:

DEFINITELY take her to Buffalo Wild Wings

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My fingernails are about two days of growth too long.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm going to kill someone if I hear another ad for squarespace or lootcrate

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

Same.
I signed up for Loot Crate once to snag the Fallout bobblehead and keep forgetting to cancel my subscription. At least this month came with a dope-rear end RoboCop shirt.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I stopped listening to some podcasts for a while because of squarespace ads. I think I need a break for a while.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Audible ads for me. I've been hearing them constantly for like 10 loving years now.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I was super pumped for a job interview, drove 4 hours for it, thought I nailed it... and didn't get the job.

Unemployment is kind of enjoyable in the summer, but I am sad to be using up so much of my savings just to get by.

Oh, and I spent like $700 on doctor visits and therapy, and am only slightly less depressed.

I am completely unmotivated and don't want to pack up all my stuff although I would like to move as soon as I find a new job.

Life is hard, you guys.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I left my purse in my car during work and my favorite lipsticks were in it and they both melted.

I mushed them back into approximate lipstick shapes but they look weird and dumb.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I left my purse in my car during work and my favorite lipsticks were in it and they both melted.

I mushed them back into approximate lipstick shapes but they look weird and dumb.

How the hell you planning on putting lipstick on your beak? :confused:

I've booked flights to go visit my fiancee but it's not happening until September and I want it to be three months from now :saddowns:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mister Adequate posted:

How the hell you planning on putting lipstick on your beak? :confused:

With her foot, presumably.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I want to get out of the house and do something, but I don't feel like seeing or being around other people. :sigh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The steam sale needs to hurry the gently caress up and start before I spend all my money on other stuff.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The steam sale needs to hurry the gently caress up and start before I spend all my money on other stuff.

Today right?

I guess my FWP is that the last sale sucked, they did away with the daily deal thing. So instead of checking steam every day during the sale to see if something I want went on a better sale, I just checked it once at the start of the sale, saw there wasn't anything I wanted and was done. I enjoy the hunt of getting a good deal and I usually wait to pick up game when they are cheap.

I just recently started Dark Souls for the first time because I was able to pick it up on sale for $5.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

BuddyChrist posted:

Today right?

Indeed! And my birthday is the day after tomorrow :shepface: So whatever money I was going to get is already spoken for, which is a FWP, I guess.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Aarrggh.

Why does Samsung sell a wireless charger for their newer phone (s7) that is supposed to rest on the bottom, and put the headphone jack on the bottom, making the phone unable to sit properly and charge if it's got headphones plugged in?

I just spent 40 bucks on another charger where the phone just lays down flat. Not optimal, but I'm sick of fiddling with the charger I have.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Aarrggh.

Why does Samsung sell a wireless charger for their newer phone (s7) that is supposed to rest on the bottom, and put the headphone jack on the bottom, making the phone unable to sit properly and charge if it's got headphones plugged in?

I just spent 40 bucks on another charger where the phone just lays down flat. Not optimal, but I'm sick of fiddling with the charger I have.

Turn the phone sideways, mine still charges like that.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Clinton1011 posted:

Turn the phone sideways, mine still charges like that.

Nope, not for me!

To make matters worse, just woke up to see the little blue light blinking, which means "I randomly decided to stop changing at some point during the night, hope you like having a phone at 45%!"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Nope, not for me!

To make matters worse, just woke up to see the little blue light blinking, which means "I randomly decided to stop changing at some point during the night, hope you like having a phone at 45%!"

I had a hardware upgrade roll out just a the s7 was released and am very glad I went with the cheaper s6

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I've started playing DnD, which is fun, but I always forget about it beforehand and expect to do something to else with the day.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AlphaKretin posted:

I've started playing DnD, which is fun, but I always forget about it beforehand and expect to do something to else with the day.

Kinda opposite for me:
I'm always writing new tabletop stuff but none of my friends have the right schedules to play.

I washed out my thermos this morning and must not have rinsed as well as I should have. This crappy coffee tastes just a little like soap.

Edit: I'm eating better (not that I was eating junk before) and I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Jun 27, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to keep this wireless game pad I just bought today, but every rational voice is telling me I should return it and get my money back. The ultimate reason for keeping it is that I might eventually need a wireless game pad for my Gear VR, but the one game I like on the system is too frustrating to keep playing and I don't see myself using my Gear VR much anyway. I have a wired gamepad for every other gamepad usage I need (which is once in a blue moon), so I should return it.

Why don't I want to return it? :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
There was a big fight on the online rpg I am on (with about 10 other people) because one dude decided his character, being so smart, is able to rush into a room, grab the two people inside, throw an explosive over his shoulder to level the exit as they are leaving, then rush out and inspect one of the passed out people AND determine what drug she was dosed with. In the space of one line/turn. The other three people in the scene are pretty pissed but he won't back down so now it's all on hold.

Trying to find a new series to binge watch. Game of Thrones got bad in season 5. Have done Mad Men and Breaking Bad. What next?

My mom's job has been bought by a rival company. Hers insists it is a partnership but the owners told her it was a sale.

My Nexus tablet seems to be dying. It is three years old but come on!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

My country voted to no longer be first world so I can't post in this thread much longer. :rip: :britain:

e; ^ Watch The Americans.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I took two giant contractor bags filled with clothes to the Good Will yesterday. I'm reasonably sure I accidentally threw a few things in there that I didn't actually want to get rid of, because I was in a blind closet-cleaning rage at the time.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I came home from work super tired since I've been running on less sleep than usual lately and I drank several cups of coffee and finally decided gently caress it, caffeine isn't de-zombifying me, I'm just going to take a nap

Got into bed, closed my eyes, and IMMEDIATELY the assholes renovating the apartment downstairs started pounding on the pipes or the walls or whatever hard enough to make my windows shake.

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

endlessly

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

occasionally they stop for 3 - 5 seconds, maybe to shake out their bangin' hands and I'm like maybe this time, please god, but just a moment later

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Crow Jane posted:

I took two giant contractor bags filled with clothes to the Good Will yesterday. I'm reasonably sure I accidentally threw a few things in there that I didn't actually want to get rid of, because I was in a blind closet-cleaning rage at the time.

Pro-tip for next time: save the bags for two weeks before taking it to Goodwill. That should be enough time for you to pull out the items you aren't ready to part with.
Alternatively, but new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hanging dry and ironing work clothes is one of those necessary chores that is an annoying pain in the rear end to do