Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should made a kung fu movie called Jackoffie Chan about Jackie Chan haves to masturbate constantly and him getting into weird highjinks inbetween kung fu bouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'll go tally the votes.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will leave the Tribal Council area and join the other 6 players on the jury.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

First vote...

MMM.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Second vote,

imgay. That's one vote imgay, one vote MMM, two votes remaining.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Third vote...

AnAnonymousIdiot.

That's one vote imgay, one vote MMM, one vote AnAnonymousIdiot.

We're tied, 1-1-1, with one vote remaining.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

hmmm

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The final vote, and the seventh member of our jury...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
:munch:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

imgay. imgay, by a vote of 2-1-1, you have been eliminated from this game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:slick:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Final Tribal Council information:

FTC will start Thursday at 8:30 PM. From what I've heard, I expect all jurors to be in attendance.

When I make the FTC post, be ready to post your opening statement. There will be jury questions and closing statements as well, but I'll post the details on Thursday night.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How long do we have to respond to questions?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I said I'd post the details Thursday night! But ten minutes. :)

Also... :siren: Last chance to send in MANGOSTEEN™ Player of the Season votes.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I am sad that Imgay made no outgoing statement. Also I am 100% not drunk posting.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hello everyone! Today is it, the culmination of 65 days. By the end of today, one player out of an original 18 will emerge as the Sole Survivor. I want to thank everyone who played, and I hope all you guys had a good time on the balance. AnAnonymousIdiot, DoggPickle, and MMM, it can be a difficult transition from being in this game for so long to it being suddenly over. So today, get ready for the end with your final confessionals, and get your speeches prepared. But when you're not doing that...

🍔 🍕 🍗 🍓🍞

We've got a big ol' feast for you here!

🏄 🏄 🏄

Three surfboards.

And we're gonna burn the camp down. 🔥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3SHeMHC6c

See you tonight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

⛺️🔥

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Thanks Jeff! I'd just like to report that it is entirely my own fault, because I really pigged out at the feast and made myself sick (or actually I got INCREDIBLY drunk last night and then had crab cakes for lunch, like a complete tool), I am currently experiencing some intestinal difficulties. Am I allowed to yell out "HOLY MOLEY POOOP TIME!!" during tribal if it's like completely necessary??? I don't expect this scenario, because I think the repercussions are nearly done, but if it DOES, would my classy opponents agree to an extra couple minutes for replies if such a thing does happen? I am sure they are gentlemen who understand such inconveniences. I can't believe I just typed that. I would never say it if it weren't completely true. :laffo:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

How about if for now I just say we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Thank you. I don't expect special treatment because I have the poops. I will not, however, poo poo my own pants even to win this game :laffo:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

hey jeff I almost missed this because strangers were in my house

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

hey jeff I almost missed this because strangers were in my house

Are you still doing that house-selling thing where buyers walk through while you still live there? I have just been lucky and not had to do that (yet) but I would be freaked out at strangers touching my stuff.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

Are you still doing that house-selling thing where buyers walk through while you still live there? I have just been lucky and not had to do that (yet) but I would be freaked out at strangers touching my stuff.

Yes, they were supposed to leave at 8 but for some reason were still here at 8:20 and it was very stressful

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Goddamit, I really don't feel 100%. It's no excuse. I am really pissed at myself. ARggh.

*edit* but Let's get it ON!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

Goddamit, I really don't feel 100%. It's no excuse. I am really pissed at myself. ARggh.

*edit* but Let's get it ON!

disqualify imo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Welcome to Final Tribal Council. You've all come a long way to be here tonight. In the past 65 days, the original Sexy tribe was completely eliminated, friends have been lost to the jury, and allies have been betrayed. It's a tough game, and you've all done well to come this far. Whatever happens here tonight, take pride in your performance and keep in mind that only one person out of an original eighteen can win this game. This season, we've seen great players eliminated, both before and after the merge.

Tonight, things are going to work a little bit differently. Here at Final Tribal Council, you want to receive votes. The player with the most votes will win this game, the $75 prize, and the title of the Sole Survivor of You Look Like poo poo.

Here's how this is going to work:

At this time, each of you is to post an opening statement. Once that is done, the jurors will appear in a pre-determined order to ask their question(s), or just make a statement themselves that may not require answering. Each juror will post once, after which you'll have ten minutes to write the best response you are able to. You may only reply once. Do not edit your posts. Do not post more than once.

Once all three of you have made your replies, the next juror will come up and the process will be repeated. If we go 10 minutes waiting for a juror who does not show up, we'll skip them and continue with the assigned order and then return to that player later if possible. If we fail to hear from them, we will have to skip them, sadly.

Once all jurors have asked their questions and been answered, there will be a period to post a closing speech. You may make one closing post only.

I will then state that it is time to vote, and the jurors will submit their ballots. Once again, they will not be voting a player out tonight, but will instead be voting for the winner here tonight.

Viewers, please refrain from Spectator Posting until we are finished.

AnAnonymousIdiot, DoggPickle, MMM: Please make your opening statements.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 19, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hello fine jurors! First I'd like to thank Fast Luck for doing a fantastic job hosting! I'd also like to thank the guest mods Max Peck and Adus for filling in. Also a special shout out to Mills, who did nothing for this season.

This was quite a journey. It had its ups and downs but I have genuinely enjoyed playing this entire season. Everybody has been a blast to play with and it been wonderful getting to know all of you! I'm not the best with with small talk so I'll jump right into talking about my game and why I think I deserve to win.

The most obvious thing to discuss is challenge victories. There were 15 tribal councils in this game and I was immune for 10 of them and had an idol for another. At the start of the game I brought experience and coordination which helped lead my tribe to victory. Later on, when I was up against some tough opposition I went on an immunity run until my spot in the game was more secure.

Winning challenges was not incidental. I put forth a lot of effort into making sure that I or my team could win challenges when they came up. At the beginning, simply making sure the tribe was organized was enough to give us the edge. Other challenges involved a little previous knowledge and preparation. Figuring out the Quote challenge and setting up a practice course was essential for us to get that 5 minute time. Once we reached the merge and I knew that challenge wins would be important to me, I looked up previous seasons and made lists of what challenges would come up, then I put a lot of time into practicing the challenges until I was ready. This helped me get good times on Hidato, jigsaw puzzles and the crossword. Other challenges required a bit more on the ball prep. Earth Empires was a particularly tough one, but by doing a lot of research before starting, and doing a few practice starts, I was able to secure a victory.

These victories are relevant because I'm not just magically amazing at challenges. In my first season I lost basically every challenge I participated in. The reason I won immunities in this season is because I had tenacity and put in the effort I had to in order to stay in. My back was to the wall, but I never stopped fighting.

My challenge victories are something to be proud of, but I think they actually take a backseat to my social game. Let's chat about that next.

I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a strong social game. I was vulnerable during some tribals and I was a known threat but I was able to stay in the game because of alliances and deals I made.

At the very start of the game I reached out to three people: Doggpickle, Chic Trombone and CirclMastr. I also established friendly communications with a few other players. Later I would make a tight alliance with ANarc as well. I had myself set up in a situation where I could not be voted out. Not all my allies made it. CirclMastr was out before the merge despite my best efforts, Chic betrayed me and Anarc fell to an idol play. Still, these setbacks did not end my social game. I always kept fighting. I still had a strong relationship with my friend and ally Doggpickle, who fed me info from Garth and Chic Trombone. The next few tribals were helped by me winning immunities, although I did have backup plans the whole time. After Jato and Strong Mouse were eliminated I convinced Dogg to turn on Garth, Chic and imgay.

I think the best display of my social game came last tribal council, where after a streak of immunities and idols I was vulnerable. At first I figured my best bet would be to arrange a tie and win the firemaking challenge, but I was actually able arrange a vote that would cleanly remove imgay without putting me in any danger at all. If I won that endurance challenge, I think there could be some case that I only muscled my way to the end and didn't truly deserve the title of sole survivor. As it stands I think it's undeniable that I played this game hard and excelled in all areas.

Another thing I'm personally proud of is that I have played a very clean game. The biggest lies I told were hiding my idol, but I found that without a clue so I wanted it to be a secret. I fought alongside my allies and I and was upfront with people I considered foes. I was true to my word.

So there it is.

Tl;Dr I fought hard from the very beginning to the very end. I laid down strong foundations and in the end I built on them to great success. I won challenges, found idols and made alliances. I outplayed, outwitted and outlasted my way to the end. I was Swole, I was Sexy, but I didn't look like poo poo.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

(I have my webcam with me, so if there's any question you want me to respond to you on video just let me know and I'll see what I can do.)

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

At the beginning I had said that I wanted to pile as many obligations on my head as possible, and I had gotten my wish. Between all that happened in this game along with real life obligations, this had been a rare game with rare players. I’m especially grateful that MMM and Dogg Pickle came to me for readings on the game going forward.

I am grateful that the long-term alliance between Dogg, MMM, imgay, and myself had paid off after all this time. I could count on my friendship with Dogg, trust in imgay’s assessments and feud with MMM, his fearful reputation to see who was being voted off, and a little likeability and luck to keep me around. I’m especially grateful to these three as they helped me against myself - especially Dogg Pickle. I had been my own worst enemy going into the merge and I am grateful that she dragged me from the idea to oust myself in Tribal Council or - heaven forbid - resign. It would've been the worst decision I made.

For this night I will be your entertainment, and I will be glad to account for myself and my actions as best as I can.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Hi Everyone. =D I am bad at talking without overtalking, but I'll give it my best shot. I apologize if I'm too verbose.

I came into this game as a random invite who snuck in because someone else ended up like- having a job or some kids or something (what a chump :downs:)I had never even heard of Awful Survivor. (I've obviously been around awhile but not in the last few years) but I am unemployed and have 24/7 free-time, so why not?? =D

Without having any knowledge of Awful Survivor (how to play this game on the internet) I just went with playing the game like normal TV survivor. In the first 5 minutes of the first challenge, I realized that no-matter how smart or quick I am, versus the general public (cuz I'm awesome lol), I have 5-20 years on the other players! , plus I had a stroke 2 years ago. I don't mention that as an excuse and I have never used it as an excuse AT ALL. The only reason I mention it, is because it was part of what caused me to immediately evaluate what was possible for me to do in this game, and to gauge my own strengths and weaknesses. The younger people might not understand, but after 21-25+, you WILL lose that millisecond edge. You'll also go "why the gently caress is there a zit in my armpit?" or "how the hell did I hurt myself while SLEEPING?" Hahahaha

I recognized immediately that I had zero chance at most of the immunity challenges. I'm actually very good at puzzles, but more word-based than mathematical. And I had zero chance of winning anything that required a simple puzzle or game, plus saving a screenshot, plus an upload to imgur, plus a post to the thread. I just can't do those things at the speed of lightning like these people. When you're talking about MILLI-seconds - well gently caress it, I'm out.

I came from NOTHING. I've never seen this game (SA version) I've never used Skype or google sheets before day 1. I had no idea who any of these people were, or even anything about their reputations.

I think people underestimated me completely. I played to my strengths. Talking, having lots of free time, and I read people really well. The trick is to figure out that particular person's motivations, and use those to your advantage at the right times. The easiest way to get someone to do what you want is to convince them that it was their idea in the first place :black101: I also had back-up plans on top of back-up plans like crazy (probably my biggest weakness)

I think I pioneered the "I will never negative vote you and vice versa" pact, which gave me incredible safety. I don't think it was ever put to the test, because as far as I know, my name never came up, even though I felt like I knew more stuff than most of the people around me. Yet, I went to great lengths to honor those promises, and I succeeded. I was extremely careful with my exact words and promises, and I hope that both Garth and Imgay respect me for what I pulled off, rather than being angry. MMM Whatcha Say might try to spin either of those votes as his idea, but they weren't, and they would not have been possible without me. Heck, he didn't even know I wouldn't vote for Imgay under any circumstance until it happened.

I won 3 out of 7 individual immunities. They were definitely the most boring (though I can make a case for how the Auction and cut-ropes challenges were not the "luck" that they looked like, if anyone wants that explanation). They were also the three MOST IMPORTANT immunities. The two in a row after the merge were crucial for me, since I lost my BFF Rurea and that made it way harder to navigate the new craziness of all these individual actors, and to figure out who to trust without a partner in crime. I also didn't totally suck at all the others. :laffo:

I was the first person (as far as I know) to absolutely know for sure where all three immunity idols were, and I worked it to get all three out in one single shot. I even played it extra spicy and told Narcotics very vaguely to play hers at the last minute (a bit of a trust exercise for sure). In the end, I got two idols off the board and the third went home without being played, all in one night.

I could have easily voted out MMM at the final four, but I chose to go head to head and see what he has to say, because I think I played a better game with the abilities that I had to offer, yet I have respect for the time and effort that he put in, and he deserves to be here. He was also my first alliance so I would be a punk not to take him. AnonI is also my friend and a great human being. I never expected to be in the final four with literally the first 3 people I ever talked to on the first day of this game. Sorry, Imgay, but my alliance with MMM was earlier, and I still stuck to my word and did not vote for you. I was scared of your good favor with the jury when I already have to fight it out against MMM Whatcha Say :( I'm just not funny!

I guess my entire win/lose scenario here is completely up to what particular things the jury respects. I made some mistakes but I think I played a drat good game for a total newbie.

I'm sorry that is probably an illegal amount of words for an opening statement, but I'm actually pretty stressed out. I feel like I made a lot of friends during this drat thing, and I'm not looking forward to getting yelled at. I'm still here to win though and defend anything I've done. Second place is Queen Loser. SCREW THAT. I worked my rear end OFF!!

Vote Doggpickle! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hello!
First things first, good job on sticking it out this far. I don't think this game is very hard, you just need determination and motivation. Obviously all three of you have these qualities that I lack.

Now, in order to get my vote and win the million bucksAmazon Gift Card, you must answer a question truthfully. If I think you are lying for whatever reason it may be, I'll be disappointed.

DOGGPICKLE
Have you learned anything about yourself as a person by participating in this game and if so, what?

MMM
Excluding the two players here with you, who would you pick as your optimal Final 3? Why?

AnonIdiot
You automatically lose my vote because you bug the poo poo out of me with your long-winded, rambling, incoherent responses and I believe you incapable of responding to any question I ask in a manner that would be satisfactory to me.

Good luck everyone.

Rurea, out.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rurea posted:

MMM
Excluding the two players here with you, who would you pick as your optimal Final 3? Why?

My heart would want to say ANarc, because I had a strong pact with her.

We know that's not true though, ANarc fought like hell and would have continued to fight like hell in the FTC and could beat me.

My ideal Final 3 would be imgay and Jato. imgay seemed less engaged in the game, undoubtedly in part because of school. Jato, similarly wasn't always around and told me he was never able to talk to many people or get close to them. I think they would have the most trouble arguing their case in an FTC situation.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Thank you Rurea.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
DOGGPICKLE
Have you learned anything about yourself as a person by participating in this game and if so, what?

I actually feel like a lot more self-confident? I also realize that even though I've made a lot of progress in the last couple years, I still have issues with getting stressed out, and I have good days and bad days and should stay off the internet on the bad ones. I also KNOW that I talk too much, but I am working on that.

That was totally not what I was expecting.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi friends. Congratulations on making the final three.

Doggpickle, do you have any regrets in your gameplay? If you could go back and play this game again what is something you would change?

MMM, this question is similar to doggs but not exactly the same. What mistakes do you believe you made throughout this game and how have you fixed them?

AnIdiot, are you a gimmick? if not please explain who you are as a person and a player.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Doggpickle, do you have any regrets in your gameplay? If you could go back and play this game again what is something you would change?

I would definitely not have told Chic that she was getting voted out before the actual vote. She promised me that she wouldn't get weird, and I trusted her, and then I got battered for a full tribal council. I think it's possible that I made ONE too many friends, but at the time I did it, it seemed necessary in case we lost one more challenge before the merge. I did not foresee ALL MY ALLIES being all the last people. So I think I have some people on the jury that are not too happy with me. Possibly even you. But for the record, I DID tell you to play your idol when Chic and Garth switched up the vote. I was even extra mean to you during tribal.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

MMM, this question is similar to doggs but not exactly the same. What mistakes do you believe you made throughout this game and how have you fixed them?

Hi ANarc, great question.

I have made many mistakes in this game. A lot of small ones mixed in with some larger ones.

I think my biggest single mistake came shortly after the merge when I misread the situation and played my idol in an ineffective way. I don't regret playing the idol specifically, because some errant votes could have knocked me out if you played yours as well, but my confusion over chic trombone led to a bad play where we directed our votes to known idol haver.

How did I fix this? Well for starters it changed the nature of how I read people going forward. I didn't want to get in the situation again. This was also around the point where I started putting a lot of effort into challenges to make my position more secure in the rocky environment. It was a slightly crude solution but the results were very effective.

Finally, this isn't a fix on a gameplay level but it matters to me personally, I gave chic respect and honesty, but still worked to eliminate her. At some point she asked me if I would make a deal and while there was the opportunity to snake her, I felt like finishing that game thread by being straightforward would close the loose ends between us.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

My strategy was to stick to whomever had talked to me in the beginning; those people were Dogg Pickle, imgay, and MMM. I enjoyed the talks I had with them, and I believe that the feeling had been mutual. Things went astray when the swap came along; MMM, imgay, myself, and Circlmaster would become the Swole brotherhood.

When it came to our second tribal council, I voted for Strong Mouse as that was the last word in my conversation with imgay. I had learned that he did not trust me while MMM did, as he told me of imgay’s blindside.

My idol calculation was an attempt to rally tribe-mates into ousting the idol havers, and at the end of the tribal Council, garth and MMM had used up both their idols while the remaining idol-haver was voted off - if there was a third idol. Your ousting was also something to give to garth who feared you.

I voted for myself afterwards to prove a point to Dogg and MMM who wanted me to vote with them. After that I had went with my friendship with Dogg the whole way.

The 'gimmick' was me trying to entertain at Tribal Council; I was more focused outside the game.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Everyone! How far did you think you would get in this game? Did you ever think that you could/would make it this far?

And the most important question: Did you all have fun?

General comments:
DoggPickle - We didn't really talk at all, and a lot of times I found how you posted to be really annoying, but I think that you were a fairly good competitor throughout this competition.

MMM - You have been strong the entire game. You were able to keep yourself safe, you built up strong alliances, and you were able to overcome lovely internet. Good Job.

AnAnonymousIdiot - For a lot of the competiton, I didn't even notice you. You spent most of the game just flying under my radar. I didn't even realize that you were doing gimmick posts during tribals, since they didn't really register with me. But even with all of that, you w

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Strong Mouse posted:

MMM - You have been strong the entire game. You were able to keep yourself safe, you built up strong alliances, and you were able to overcome lovely internet. Good Job.

Thank you, thank you.

Strong Mouse posted:

Everyone! How far did you think you would get in this game? Did you ever think that you could/would make it this far?

My guess about how far I would get wildly oscillated with time. Before I started I wanted to get 5th or above but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't picture myself winning. So yes, I did think I could make it this far.

Did I have fun? Absolutely! This was a blast. I enjoyed getting to meet the number of people I did, I enjoyed playing challenges and I enjoyed making votes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Strong Mouse posted:

AnAnonymousIdiot - For a lot of the competiton, I didn't even notice you. You spent most of the game just flying under my radar. I didn't even realize that you were doing gimmick posts during tribals, since they didn't really register with me. But even with all of that, you were an extremely good player.
Fixed this for Strong Mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

I'm frankly shocked, but also I KNOW that I'm not a goat and I did a LOT of work to get here. Like 2-3 hours a day (not counting challenges and tribals), with some days off.

50 percent fun! 50% stress! It was cool to meet people though!!

General comments:
DoggPickle - We didn't really talk at all, and a lot of times I found how you posted to be really annoying, but I think that you were a fairly good competitor throughout this competition.

I'm sorry you found me annoying. I attempted to talk to you personally but you ignored me. I tailored my talks with every person with regard to how much or how little they like to talk, and what they like to talk about/ random stuff/ short term strategy/ long term events. You never gave me the chance, but I appreciate the compliment after you called me the weakest link at the one challenge hahahahaha

• Locked thread