Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

GoodBee posted:

My brother painted Alexia1's cleavage as armor. No one noticed for years. I think a couple other people at the shop followed suit because that's what it was supposed to look like.

Be the change. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah that's what I did with harbinger. She's like 14 guys goddamn.

moms friend from work
Mar 28, 2010
I'M THE WURST
Is playing a heavy lightning based list for Cygnar viable now? I split the two player box with a friend as a side project from my Khador, and Running Nemo with a million ways to hurl lightning seems like a nice change of pace.

Jacks and units with competent shooting are new and confusing so I'm not sure where to go from the battlebox and stormguard, and my local Cygnar players are in a whiney deathsprial still about MK3.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Atomic Collins posted:

Is playing a heavy lightning based list for Cygnar viable now? I split the two player box with a friend as a side project from my Khador, and Running Nemo with a million ways to hurl lightning seems like a nice change of pace.

Jacks and units with competent shooting are new and confusing so I'm not sure where to go from the battlebox and stormguard, and my local Cygnar players are in a whiney deathsprial still about MK3.

Whiny rear end bitches, Cygnar is in a great place right now. And yes, Lightning based shooting is very viable now. The Stormlances are probably one of our best units, and there's a couple list involving two units of them, Major Laddermore and a Firefly for RAT 7 POW 14 shots followed by POW 12 electro leaps.

Nemo3 is the king of lightning damage. He'll be even better once the Hurricane is out, but even without them he can still bring the hurt. Get him and Dynamo to start. If you haven't finished your Stormguard, you might want to consider upgrading to Silverline Stormguard - not much better, but I see more value in them.

Apart from lightning, Cygnar has good in-faction infantry now, mainly the Trenchers, though I also love the new Stormblades. And we have an amazing caster roster, with a couple of very hard questions. There are a couple things we struggle against - Khador and Ret can be tough, as is Wurmwood. But in general, the faction just feels great right now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not after the mk3 timeskip :q:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah but isn't she still dead

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

albany academy posted:

Yeah but isn't she still dead

She got better.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I wish the setting in warmachine was that poo poo-covered.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Anyway, covering midriff and cleavage as well as cutting/covering high heels is cool.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

RagnarokAngel posted:

At first I read this as if she was actually an amalgamation of 14 different men, which is a whole different thing entirely.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So this is what my friend is bringing apparently

Sorscha1
Demolisher
Ruin
Behemoth
Grolar
Sylys

Eiryss1

Harlan

Kell

Widowmaker Marksman

Ogrun Bokur

Really, as long as I can stop him from freezing my storm lances before they do their work I think I'm fine.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 3, 2016

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I think that's the first time I've seen the demolisher in any list.

E: watch him keep all his expensive solos within 4" of his jacks.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

within 4 of his jacks? Hell, I'm perfectly happy sending my firefly to its death if I can get two of the solos within 4 of it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Luebbi posted:

Whiny rear end bitches, Cygnar is in a great place right now. And yes, Lightning based shooting is very viable now. The Stormlances are probably one of our best units, and there's a couple list involving two units of them, Major Laddermore and a Firefly for RAT 7 POW 14 shots followed by POW 12 electro leaps.

Nemo3 is the king of lightning damage. He'll be even better once the Hurricane is out, but even without them he can still bring the hurt. Get him and Dynamo to start. If you haven't finished your Stormguard, you might want to consider upgrading to Silverline Stormguard - not much better, but I see more value in them.

Apart from lightning, Cygnar has good in-faction infantry now, mainly the Trenchers, though I also love the new Stormblades. And we have an amazing caster roster, with a couple of very hard questions. There are a couple things we struggle against - Khador and Ret can be tough, as is Wurmwood. But in general, the faction just feels great right now.

Cygnar's Lightning game has so many overlapping buffs from various places that, even as powerful as Nemo3 is with the package, you don't have to play him to get it to work. Haley 1/2, Siege (electroleaps on his feat turn vs infantry is the most hilarious poo poo in the world), Stryker 1, and that's just off the top of my head, all have awesome ways to play those synergies together depending on how you want to build. Fireflies are great now, our Storm Strider is, I think, fantastic now (RAT 8 POW 17s with Lightning Generator seems, uh, okay). The lightning artillery is only 4 points for a RNG 14 POW 14 with lightning generator and can get 2 shots per turn with our artillery solo. Ugh, Lightning Cygnar is in a good place right now. The only thing you have to watch out for is loving Krueger 2. I really hate that ability they gave him.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

within 4 of his jacks? Hell, I'm perfectly happy sending my firefly to its death if I can get two of the solos within 4 of it.

Or a lance or two if you're planning on keeping em

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

albany academy posted:

If he plays Cygnar mainly and does that, he deserves it. That list also doesn't contain many of the things that make me as a Cygnar player rage, like loving IFPs or Black Dragons. At least you'll see the joy that is Behemoth from the other side of the table :P

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
But yeah, way I see this going down is that if I can mitigate the damage caused by my JM stormclad and my storm lances being frozen, then I'm fine. I'll probably AS the marshaled one to try and ride out the damage. Ideally I can use my speed to make it so I'll have them do some damage in melee before they get frozen. With the raw melee power I can put out on feat turn I can kill or cripple his jacks pretty easily if I can get the setup right.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Alright, I'm breaking my models up into lots on Ebay.

Here are the Ret and Skorn if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/112120673877
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/112120683520

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pyrolocutus posted:

At first I read this as if she was actually an amalgamation of 14 different men, which is a whole different thing entirely.

Also yes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

So this is what my friend is bringing apparently

Sorscha1
Demolisher
Ruin
Behemoth
Grolar
Sylys

Eiryss1

Harlan

Kell

Widowmaker Marksman

Ogrun Bokur

Really, as long as I can stop him from freezing my storm lances before they do their work I think I'm fine.

That list is adorable. Just watch out for Sorscha, but I'm sure you don't need to be told that!

You miiiight want another cheap heavy but that is up to you.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah, hopefully the two stormclads and the ironclad will be enough to power through it.

The thing is, he's a really cautious and timid player and never deploys his jacks correctly, and that's why he loses. Then he complains it's because of arm 20, or because of black dragons, or whatever. When really it's about me knowing threat ranges and using threat extenders to get the charge off on cygnar heavies and that goes really badly for them. I understand piece trading, baiting, and target prioritization. It's how I knew he wouldn't take shots at my Superiority'd jack marshaled berserker until it buried P+S 18 hatchets into an ironclad's face and broke its cortex. If he'd actually send his ironclads out to try to hunt jacks then he'd be fine, he can quake hammer my stuff and then if he didn't cripple the right things can shoot it until he does.

He's bringing the demolisher because he wants to show me what fighting khador armor is like or some bullshit.

Stormclad with Crush and beth's feat is at dice+1 on a clamjack

I've also utterly wrecked him before using a Sorscha1 sniper list, but he thinks all you have to do is bring sniper solos and you're fine. When what actually made that list scary was having a bunch of winter guard riflemen take rocket and CRA shots at stuff and then having the snipers use marksman to finish off systems. Behemoth too, but he did take behemoth at least. He didn't really understand why he lost to that list I think. Since having 9 winter guard with Joe on the field meant that the list had some meat to it that can hold ground in addition to doing damage, while he's got to rely on behemoth and some electro leap bait solos to hold zones.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

chutche2 posted:

Yeah, hopefully the two stormclads and the ironclad will be enough to power through it.

The thing is, he's a really cautious and timid player and never deploys his jacks correctly, and that's why he loses. Then he complains it's because of arm 20, or because of black dragons, or whatever.

This game is not going to end well, the stakes are too high and it sounds like both of you will start it with a sour mood and end with a bitter aftertaste. It will also tell you nothing about the Khador/Cygnar matchup since the lists aren't representative, and it's only one game. Try to have fun, I'm sure he will not.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

Anyway, covering midriff and cleavage as well as cutting/covering high heels is cool.

Models like the daughters of flame are infinitely better when you remove that crap.

For example;

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

*throws Cankerworm in the garbage*

HOW DO YOU MISS A PRIME AXIOM THAT WAS AT -5 ARM. gently caress YOU WORM JACK EAT MY poo poo.

I'm done raging now.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Saalkin posted:

*throws Cankerworm in the garbage*

HOW DO YOU MISS A PRIME AXIOM THAT WAS AT -5 ARM. gently caress YOU WORM JACK EAT MY poo poo.

I'm done raging now.

Seems like it was just a bad....

Roll of the dice

:c00l:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
My canker has a similar problem of bottoming out important rolls on debuffed targets.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

That is different. Models that are preleased at cons only are tournament legal for that con only.

Correct. Models that are available early at a con aren't legal elsewhere until they are released generally, because it isn't fair to people who didn't go to the con.

Models available on the webstore are playable everywhere, because everybody has equal access to them.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I bought the Legion battle box at my friends' suggestion after talking to the Warmahordes players at the LGS. Privateer Press plastics look really easy to put together! And the Battle Box is a great idea. The box itself shredded after trying to close it three times, so it's a lovely carrying option, but I really appreciate the way they try to introduce people to the game and wargaming in general. I don't necessarily need the babby's first wargaming walkthrough, but it's a great idea.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

chutche2 posted:

The thing is, he's a really cautious and timid player and never deploys his jacks correctly, and that's why he loses. Then he complains it's because of arm 20, or because of black dragons, or whatever.

Tell him to play like he's got a pair :smuggo:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Tell him to play like he's got a pair :smuggo:

That's not in the mk3 rulebook: it is now legal to be a pissy whiny bitch.

In other news, holy gently caress Trick Shot is annoying. Turns out it doesn't count as an attack and so it doesn't trigger Malakov's feat. gently caress thaaaaat.

I still survived and won but still.

chutche2 posted:

while he's got to rely on behemoth and some electro leap bait solos to hold zones.

Also watch out for that Grolar!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

Also watch out for that Grolar!

Lmao

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor stil owns, but probably only because PaintVagrant's dice hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. :negative:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I got smashed by a circle player.

Baldur2, gheto, stalker, feral, megalith, blackclad, wrongeye and snapjaw, 2 stones.

I had Vlad2 with ruin, juggernaut, shock troops with officer, kovnik, 2 drakhuns, winter guard inf with rockets, joe, war dog, mechaniks, eliminators.

Even with the feat and hand of fate I couldn't touch him. The wall severely limits my options for getting intro melee and bumps everything to def 16 vs melee. So even with the feat, with all his def and his arm buffs and star crossed I couldn't touch him. And what damage I did got healed. Not really sure what I could've done to deal with it. I put ruin with 3 focus and assail into gheto and did like 8 damage. He didn't lose a single model. I was up 3-1 because of my eliminators but my list ran out of steam fast when I couldn't drop any of his beasts.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 5, 2016

Kortsu
Jan 16, 2004
I have a friend who is interested in the game, and in general is a big fan of all things dwarf, no matter the setting.

All I know about mercenaries is a small privateer army I roll out for fun once in a great while, I know nothing about the rhulic side of the faction apart from a little reading of some stat cards, which shows them being a slow, high armored faction (possibly similar to khador on the jack side of things?)

I was just looking from some advice for him on what stuff to start with

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Kortsu posted:

I have a friend who is interested in the game, and in general is a big fan of all things dwarf, no matter the setting.

All I know about mercenaries is a small privateer army I roll out for fun once in a great while, I know nothing about the rhulic side of the faction apart from a little reading of some stat cards, which shows them being a slow, high armored faction (possibly similar to khador on the jack side of things?)

I was just looking from some advice for him on what stuff to start with

Rhulic light jacks are ridiculous and amazing.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Is ossrum a jml option still? He's the most rhulic-requiring of the three casters, so that'd be a good place to start. Blasters and gunners are pretty much amazing now with Power Up. Drillers under gorten are terrifying.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Are croak raiders still a must buy?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I think this is it.

Ossram
Driller
Gunner x2
Blaster

Seems like a good place to start getting your dwarf on in MKIII.

I don't much care for the dwarfs so I can't really comment on it. I'm all about the Resistance and my brother goes Kingmaker.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Magres posted:

Are croak raiders still a must buy?

No. Farrow Brigands with Ua are the new croaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Farrow brigands and warlord are very legit pains in the butt.