Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey has anyone played Planet Coaster yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nope, sorry. I hear good things, though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

MMF Freeway posted:

I did, in the original series, where they almost get digested by gross rear end slime shrooms.

That episode still creeps me out just thinking about it. X-files was a good show.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Pokemon good we don't get it in Europe until the 23rd

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey has anyone played Planet Coaster yet?

I haven't, but here are 2 important vids about planet coaster that will help you decide if you will enjoy it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUa58oY0T0

The first is a highlight vid from Vinesauce Vinny showing some funny bits from his stream of a beta version of it and the latter is long but it is nerdcubed showing off the 3 major theme park management games that were in development at the time. Parkitect is meant to be more like RCT 2/1 I think while Planet Coaster is meant to be more like RCT3 (and is from the devs who made RCT3) while RCT World is...yeah

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Palpek posted:

At its heart Twin Peaks is a story of a small town and its eccentric people with the murder being just an excuse for their crazy to come out. That's why I really like this series, the crime mystery is just the background but it does give those often very ordinary tales the much needed edge.

I found some joy in almost every side story. It's because I learned to like that town as a whole and just coming back to the series' atmosphere with its many little moments was very enjoyable. It helped that I had the feeling that the authors respected their characters a lot even if they couldn't keep up with the high quality bar they set for themselves the entire time.

FWwM is a bit of a mess, however it's still a must-watch if you're a big time Twin Peaks fan. Some of the moments that I associate with Twin Peaks the most come from FWwM even though the series was so much better. I guess they managed to encapsulate the setting's atmosphere in a few succinct scenes.

I'm nearing the half-way point of season 2, then my TV buddy and I will debate whether or not to watch Fire, Walk With Me. The trailer didn't sell us, but I'd like to add the whole of the Twin Peaks work to my bag of knowledge before season 3 or the miniseries or whatever they have planned comes out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Swing and a miss

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I haven't, but here are 2 important vids about planet coaster that will help you decide if you will enjoy it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUa58oY0T0

The first is a highlight vid from Vinesauce Vinny showing some funny bits from his stream of a beta version of it and the latter is long but it is nerdcubed showing off the 3 major theme park management games that were in development at the time. Parkitect is meant to be more like RCT 2/1 I think while Planet Coaster is meant to be more like RCT3 (and is from the devs who made RCT3) while RCT World is...yeah

I mean, I already own Planet Coaster, I just haven't played it yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did you like RCT3?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, how is everyone doing on this friday of fridays?

I am good. Middle of a week and a half off work and I'm broke so I'm just stayin in and playin games. Gonna fire up my ancient Dark Souls character and finally run the DLC because a buddy yelled at me for never fighting Artorias. :toot:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Is Parkitect good? As much as I love coaster designs and real-life coasters, the ability to simulate riding them in a computer game does nothing for me. However, the ability to design the world's best queue for a lovely merry go round and decide whether to give them access to fries or ice cream... now, that is gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Pokemon good we don't get it in Europe until the 23rd

I haven't even gotten my starter but it has honest to god cutscenes which is blowing the mind of 6 year old me that still lives inside

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dewgy posted:

I am good. Middle of a week and a half off work and I'm broke so I'm just stayin in and playin games. Gonna fire up my ancient Dark Souls character and finally run the DLC because a buddy yelled at me for never fighting Artorias. :toot:

Yeah you should do that. I haven't played dark souls ever but I've heard that the dlc is the best part of it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Decently! I've got to finish some work before I can settle back down with Dragon's Dogma, and it's maddening - I keep thinking about how I want to go stroll by the beach and beat up some goblins and so on, but things are due and I can't put them off.

It's kinda funny to me - with Stardew Valley I'd play a lot of it, but due to its natural stopping points I'd just stop after playing a few days and I'd have to constantly ask myself: do I want to keep going? - Which was fine, it's nice. Dragon's Dogma meanwhile got me last night and I went "woah it's 2AM already I feel like I've only been playing for an hour", which was weird.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Decently! I've got to finish some work before I can settle back down with Dragon's Dogma, and it's maddening - I keep thinking about how I want to go stroll by the beach and beat up some goblins and so on, but things are due and I can't put them off.

It's kinda funny to me - with Stardew Valley I'd play a lot of it, but due to its natural stopping points I'd just stop after playing a few days and I'd have to constantly ask myself: do I want to keep going? - Which was fine, it's nice. Dragon's Dogma meanwhile got me last night and I went "woah it's 2AM already I feel like I've only been playing for an hour", which was weird.

What work are you working on?

also

:backtowork: You should stop reading this post and get back to work!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What work are you working on?

also

:backtowork: You should stop reading this post and get back to work!

Accounting classwork. And yeah yeah I know, I'm working on it. I find that light browsing is fine as it keeps me from getting too crazy while cooped up with it, but I'm not allowed to open Steam or pick up a book until it's done or else it'll be several hours later with nothing to show for it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm gonna try to finish my high-lethality dishonored 2 run this weekend so I can start on my non-lethal, ghost run.

Also gotta fit the titanfall campaign in there somewhere.

Hope everybody has good times with video games this weekend!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The Titanfall 2 campaign was very good. There's a scene with the Smart Pistol that I thought was just the tops.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah you should do that. I haven't played dark souls ever but I've heard that the dlc is the best part of it.

I was in NG++++ by the time it came out, so I felt like making a new character for it. But then I never get them late game enough to do the DLC, put it off longer, etc. No more, I says! After Bloodborne how hard can it really be a few cycles in?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

At work, I just wanna play pokemon though. I probably won't get to bed until 3am tonight, honestly. Gotta catchem all.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dewgy posted:

Please enjoy the best boss fight in the series

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wait no you said artorias not old ivory king nvm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

I'm gonna try to finish my high-lethality dishonored 2 run this weekend so I can start on my non-lethal, ghost run.

Also gotta fit the titanfall campaign in there somewhere.

Hope everybody has good times with video games this weekend!

i do it the other way because the second time i gobba go fast through the areas without giving a gently caress since i've seen everything already and stealth requires a bit of waiting.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Swing and a miss
Holy poo poo, you caught me!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Great Joe posted:

Holy poo poo, you caught me!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:swoon:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_CGBUHBgj4

Here's that custom song I made last night for Rock Band 3. It's a bit messy, but I think it turned out really well! I'm proud of it as a first attempt, at least. :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad that everybody seems to be, for the most part, having something positive going on today :)

I'm not up to much. I was hoping to be able to have scrounged up some kind of money so I could buy something from amazon for KCB but unfortunately I haven't been able to do so cause it turns out getting money is pretty hard when you don't have income and don't have money already!!! Thankfully she doesn't actually expect me to get her a gift so it isn't like I've built up her expectations or anything.

Other than that, I'm not really doing anything major. I'm looking at the modding section on the don't starve forums and there are people who take commissions to do stuff, it'd be cool if I could pay them to do the work that I can't figure out but that goes back to the money issue lol.

I'm playing that free picross game on steam and it is a fun time waster :)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Looper posted:

wait no you said artorias not old ivory king nvm

But I already beat Old Hunters??? :confused:

E: wow the Xbox 360 chain update process really sucks

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 18, 2016

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
crypt of the necrodancer for $3, neat, I've been meaning to play that one

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Dear Xbox 360: why the gently caress is it taking you an hour to update???

Is it installing more dashboard ads or something?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
drat the Titanfall campaign goes from 0 to absolutely loving bonkers pretty fast.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm playing that free picross game on steam and it is a fun time waster :)

Picross! I love Picross - I've been working on Paint it Back on Steam (gotta finish it before I pick up any other picross games on steam) and Hungry Cat Picross on my phone - I love the puzzles are at once complicated yet simple, and it's fun to untangle where the next square to fill in is.

I hear the new Picross 3D 2 on the 3DS is insanely good and has a million puzzles, but I'm not...quite ready to throw away my free time like that. :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I finished Link Between Worlds and have started Ocarina of Time and I think I prefer the top down Zeldas so far. Although it was cool that there's a Marin and Tarin equivalent, I didn't think I'd ever be seeing those dudes again. But if Talon is what the Zelda people think a realistic Mario would look like, Jesus Christ :stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Chat thread, should I play Bloodborne or HITMAN tonight? I can't decide.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Chat thread, should I play Bloodborne or HITMAN tonight? I can't decide.

play the one you played least recently and see if you want to continue and if not play the other

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I am extremely ready for D&D tonight.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Real hurthling! posted:

play the one you played least recently and see if you want to continue and if not play the other

Good answer! I shall start with HITMAN and see how long I play.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dragon's Dogma is cool you guys, I'm having fun with it! :D

I finally got beefy enough to kill off the monsters in the well, and I'm done with Lost and Found, so now I'm ready to go advance the storyline a bit and check out weirder monsters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dragons Dogma kicked rear end and it was a great way to ring in the year of gaming this past January. Looking forward to what my January dive will be, looking like I might get that new roller coaster tycoon style game.

• Locked thread