Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Comstar posted:

So anyone watch the The Meta show?

Does Mittani (still) own the Imperium branded media outlets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Does Mittani (still) own the Imperium branded media outlets?

Yes

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orions Lord posted:

Because most of the people here have nothing else to do apparently.
Don't you understand we are the bad people here.

We need to go away so they can do their little gaming stuff sitting behind their screen all day long.

Omg no please don't gank me :qq:

Goldsnake
Apr 9, 2015

SHISHKABOB posted:

Omg no please don't gank me :qq:

Too late kiddo I have my locator agent already finding you and my tornado is undocking.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Comstar posted:

So anyone watch the The Meta show?

First few minutes I would describe as...low energy.

4 minutes in..the big news. Asher is the new CEO.

At this time...the video has 2 up votes.

Respectfully don't link this and give it views so that shithead doesn't rack up another $0.005 or whatever yt is paying these days thank you

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

I think the one on the left really captures your essence in this post

I think this is more Globby

Not sure what's going on here:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://zkillboard.com/kill/102474699/

Fuckin ELITE PVP HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

why are people posting every 200m killmail

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Potato Salad posted:

People who have been orbiting GSF for their entire video game "career" are experiencing a sudden scope shift to wormhole land, and things are fresh and exciting.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Potato Salad posted:

Better than the slapfight bullshit tbh

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

People who have been orbiting GSF for their entire video game "career" are experiencing a sudden scope shift to wormhole land, and things are fresh and exciting.

going back to the ancestral homeland of w-space!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

going back to the ancestral homeland of w-space!

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

After reading the goldmined and this thread, maybe you all should keep playing Eve, it's seems to be the Pandora's box of some real Gamers and we should keep this nice Icelandic biohazard box locked and full of shitposters until the heat death of the universe.

Eve Online
What's dead may never die

Also love to see Globby white noise false equivalence'ing and white knighting the unrepentant coverup machine for sex pests
"Well only the literal capstone of the poo poo pyramid was orchestrating victim blaming, pedo sheltering, and oh Mittani is a known sexual assault groper in his local town... NOT ALL DIRECTORS"

Like we've just had 300 pages in a week about how it was very specific directors, that are easily identified and have specific credible allegations, which have been rehashed ad nauseum and verified, now you wanna play this

" Well the imperioum is cool akstually and those people who got fed up with repeated malicious bad faith from directors are nerds with an empty killboard, I'm not mad ur mad"

:cripes:

It's a great troll, 11/10

quote:

Have you banned and blacklisted The Mittani yet?

It seems like he got his heads on Pikes and you are waving your whole rear end out in the wind, being drummer boy for the Imperium when the organization itself decided to accept Mittani-land version of the whole series of events from the jump and have never backed down from that stance since. When it's the literal lying gaslighting minimizing playbook

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Its like im a child again!!!!!!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

No fun allowed on page 69, folks. Do not express any satisfaction with this EVE game.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nice

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

oh no 3 of the people in the directorate (out of 42) are bad!! it's impossible for it to be fixxed!!!

Yeah, Americans have a really hard time understanding the phrase is “a few bad apples spoils the bunch” and not “oh don’t worry about those rotten apples the good ones underneath will push their goodness back into the rotten apples and soon you’ll have a basket full of big, beautiful reds!”

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

No fun allowed on page 69, folks. Do not express any satisfaction with this EVE game.

Wow, didn't take us long to get here.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

SHISHKABOB posted:

Its like im a child again!!!!!!

Only we can eat as much cake as we like because there is no one to tell us not to :haw:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Frank Frank posted:

Better than the slapfight bullshit tbh

...huh.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, Americans have a really hard time understanding the phrase is “a few bad apples spoils the bunch” and not “oh don’t worry about those rotten apples the good ones underneath will push their goodness back into the rotten apples and soon you’ll have a basket full of big, beautiful reds!”

yeah i'd rather oust people who did the yucky stuff instead of people who did nothing wrong who were openly against mittani as soon as they started learning about this stuff, and people who've already been against mittani for over a year now ( see: asher )

stackofflapjacks posted:

Also love to see Globby white noise false equivalence'ing and white knighting the unrepentant coverup machine for sex pests

they're completely repentant, they acknowledged what they did was wrong, the leader is now a guy who hates the formal leader, there is a new mechanic to prevent what happened wrong, and the pedo and the 2nd in command are gone.

what else do you want to happen, ( i guess ban the old leader from the guild or something lmao, but if he never plays whats the big deal )

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you wouldn't rather do any of it

you're posting in israd discord about how all of your posting is to rile up people i t t

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

you wouldn't rather do any of it

i love this implication that i would want a pedophile and sexual harasser in my space guild, because i don't want to kick the people who didn't do any of those things

i'm completely fine with the pedophile being kicked, and the other people doing the bad stuff qutting the game and no longer logging in again, that's probably the best case scenario

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Feliday Melody posted:

Am I jaded for not considering asking for a name change in the first place? I just linked the station as an example for an old reference. That station has always been an eyesore. I just get so tired of taking these fights.
No. I thank you for pointing it out. We all sometimes let things go by without action. Together, as a community, we can make it better. I remain in GSF and will work to make it become the best place to be. Some have moved out to goosefleet which from what I hear has renewed their enjoyment. And they deserve to have a good time, look at all the creativity, it's awesome. I do hope one day they rejoin us, but for that , we need to be good (or goon?) enough. Like in the movie "On deadly Ground", one could ask "What does it take for a human to change?" well, "It takes time". Time and experience is required. Talking to people and informing people takes a lot of effort. And yes, this is certainly not the only or the best or worst way. But it's my way, how I believe I get the best results. I want to enjoy being with my friends in EVE Online, and that will take an effort, for some a bigger one than others. Keep on keeping on. And if you need a break from GSF, you have a warm nest in goosefleet. And I am sure, one day we will be united again, one way or another.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Nice, so for one you're resting my case.

Second, I'm only saying you should keep making those jokes instead of posting on Reddit whether I take them serious or not is a different matter.

Funny you can throw a hissyfit over the name of a war, I remember someone else doing the sam- oh, yeah that was Mittens during WWB1.

As for third, for very obvious stated reasons I am not going to name names of people that have been victims of Delta's previous antics.

Like I said, if public opinion was swung in your favor that Delta wasn't toxic to begin with, you guys would've been back already, unfortunately the opposite is true.
Delta isn't just a scapegoat but rather part of the problem and I'm sure those who were part of Delta that haven't been toxic are still part of us today.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

i love this implication that i would want a pedophile and sexual harasser in my space guild, because i don't want to kick the people who didn't do any of those things

i'm completely fine with the pedophile being kicked, and the other people doing the bad stuff qutting the game and no longer logging in again, that's probably the best case scenario

Ok

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

did you ban mittani yet

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What slapfight could I possibly have been talking about? I guess it will forever remain a mystery

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Feliday Melody posted:

Am I jaded for not considering asking for a name change in the first place? I just linked the station as an example for an old reference. That station has always been an eyesore. I just get so tired of taking these fights.

No, the contextual affiliation with that name is a nod towards the early 2000s edgy-ness most everyone's come to outgrow. As someone mentioned before it still had it's roots with "jewing" or "jew" which was slang for making money and inappropriately associated with the Jewish peoples. I think it had just been there for so long it was overlooked / unintentionally neglected.

I would like to ask the community here, a genuine feedback / discussion request, that in the case where an inappropriately edgy contextual atmosphere of the "jewing" was not associated with it or nodded at, would JU-Rusalem be acceptable as a play on a notable world location?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

what else do you want to happen, ( i guess ban the old leader from the guild or something lmao, but if he never plays whats the big deal )

1- For leadership to publicly disavow Mittani.
2- For leadership to state plain simply: this is what Mittani did wrong.
3- For leadership to state plainly: those who made a fuss and got banned did nothing wrong and were actually instrumental in getting a pedo kicked.
4- Blanket pardon & unbanning of those involved

Its not much to ask.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Alternate #4: leave everyone banned, and ban even more people (everyone)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

1- For leadership to publicly disavow Mittani.
2- For leadership to state plain simply: this is what Mittani did wrong.
3- For leadership to state plainly: those who made a fuss and got banned did nothing wrong and were actually instrumental in getting a pedo kicked.
4- Blanket pardon & unbanning of those involved

Its not much to ask.

yeah i mean they did 1

for 2, everyone i know stated that

for 3, i agree, but i'd also keep some of them kicked because they're insufferable people in general, has nothing to do with the sitch (situation, for short)

4 nah, you got scammers, robbers, theives, people who made death threats, the guy who leaked mittani's address, etc, those people can stay banned

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

3- For leadership to state plainly: those who made a fuss and got banned did nothing wrong and were Hezzy was actually instrumental in getting a pedo kicked.

Give credit where credit is due.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Give credit where credit is due.

God it pains me to say you're right... so ill say youre not wrong.

But if we hadnt made such a stink about the harassement and pedo, Xenuria would not have had the bright idea of immolating himself the way he did.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

yeah i mean they did 1

link to this please

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

But if we hadnt made such a stink about the harassement and pedo, Xenuria would not have had the bright idea of immolating himself the way he did.

well... about that

E: In case you missed it the first time:

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 1, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

spazzhole posted:

he ran off into the vegas desert, never to be seen again

honestly with how things have been going; I may do the same

stackofflapjacks posted:

After reading the goldmined and this thread, maybe you all should keep playing Eve, it's seems to be the Pandora's box of some real Gamers and we should keep this nice Icelandic biohazard box locked and full of shitposters until the heat death of the universe.

Eve Online
What's dead may never die

"Well only the literal capstone of the poo poo pyramid was orchestrating victim blaming, pedo sheltering, and oh Mittani is a known sexual assault groper in his local town... NOT ALL DIRECTORS"

Like we've just had 300 pages in a week about how it was very specific directors, that are easily identified and have specific credible allegations, which have been rehashed ad nauseum and verified, now you wanna play this

" Well the imperioum is cool akstually and those people who got fed up with repeated malicious bad faith from directors are nerds with an empty killboard, I'm not mad ur mad"

:cripes:

It's a great troll, 11/10

It seems like he got his heads on Pikes and you are waving your whole rear end out in the wind, being drummer boy for the Imperium when the organization itself decided to accept Mittani-land version of the whole series of events from the jump and have never backed down from that stance since. When it's the literal lying gaslighting minimizing playbook

this is a good post

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 1, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

link to this please

idk just talk to any of them, all the directorate posts itt are pretty good where they say what the people did suck

i don't have links, but they're everywhere lmao

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

NtotheTC posted:

link to this please

on the fireside he did the week after, adj was like "part of this whole problem was mittani not knowing how to shut the gently caress up", which is not an admittance of fault or guilt in my book tbh and it's also not a loving apology - keeping misogyny quiet is not the correct outcome, not having it in the first place is the correct outcome, and then there was still no apology (I thought most people's parents taught them as a child to say they're sorry when there's a fuckup, apparently not because getting an apology is like pulling teeth or trying to send a mission to mars)

some people posted in the forum thread that what mittani did wasn't good, but

1. that's a forum thread, that most people will not read or acknowledge, and many who read it will not acknowledge it,
2. it's not a public/coalitionwide sphere, it's a personal opinion on a dead forum called goon fleet dot com,
3. as per number 2, it's not an official stance for the org; unless it comes out on an official channel it does not matter - and it must be from the heads of the alliance, adj, now asher, or anyone else of significant importance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Postin on page 69