Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
you are sounding like sadsack TT now when he realized I was clowning him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Don't be so narrow sighted about the game.

In order to get a really clean read on things it's better to look at gross motivations across the course of the game. Like I'm annoyed someone claimed a wacky result on me in a wacky game-- but there good info in motovations across the game to look at. That's the game I want to play and the one no one really is because of ~wacky~

Anyways, I'm going to look at PM. I've been after three scum and still can't stay above bs but I'm going to play things how I want.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Propaganda Machine posted:

At the time there were a bunch of people with 2 votes each. He probably just picked the scummiest-seeming.

Or, he's scum and he picked a townie vOv

But the latter is less likely, just statistically (I definitely have not cased Biggie).

I would, of course, prefer that we nail a scum, but this game has been frustrating so far and a flip one way or the other will be way more instructive for D2 than just checking out who gets vig'ed.
PM defending DJs vote on BN.

I don't care for the perspective here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I like the (non-)cases on both yuming and dugong. It's been a slog of a game, but the immediate miller claim from yuming is dangerous at best and gets worse since she hasn't contributed much, and on dugong it's pretty bad to promise a case and not deliver.

##vote dugong I guess.
I feel like this is an opportunistic vote too.

PM is content to take the easy cases and I find that scummy.

I need to decide how I'm going to parse ypms claim however, as he really shouldntve been able to target me.

Bbl

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeahhh I claimed the towniest town dude ever, and that claim has been supported by other people in thread via my night actions.

I'm not sure why you think casing me in here is a good use of your time. If you're town, that is.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Your Personal Muse posted:

Yuming is the scum.

My second power is seeking an apprentice. Basically, if the target has no killing ability, they become the next Jigsaw and get my night vig ability. If they do have a killing ability, the action fails.

Guess who it failed on?

##vote yuming
Is this is a one-shot power and you've sat on it until near lylo?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Yeahhh I claimed the towniest town dude ever, and that claim has been supported by other people in thread via my night actions.

I'm not sure why you think casing me in here is a good use of your time. If you're town, that is.
Didn't you claim wanderer?

Figuring things out is def. a good use of my time.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rascyc posted:

Is this is a one-shot power and you've sat on it until near lylo?

Yes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why did you use it on a claimed hider-- did you forgot my claim or ???

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If YPM is scum playing a gambit like this then there are 2 scum and its lylo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and if YPM is scum I am leaning PM as scumbuddy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
or YPM is telling the truth, Yuming is scum and who knows if there is another scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Jake is john Mclane, who probably is a killing role so if it came up as him having a killing role it wouldn't matter, rasc never claimed a role so it wouldn't verify, and PMs role had been verified, so I targeted you so I could potentially verify you. Plus, if there is one person who I would trust with a night vig, it would be town Yuming.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jake is john Mclane, who probably is a killing role so if it came up as him having a killing role it wouldn't matter, rasc never claimed a role so it wouldn't verify, and PMs role had been verified, so I targeted you so I could potentially verify you. Plus, if there is one person who I would trust with a night vig, it would be town Yuming.

My abilities have been outted already by a flipped town role cop

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
But you should've know that your result could've been doubly inaccurate against me, as a miller AND hider.

It seems like I'm the biggest waste of your power, tbqh. You could've at least asked me not to hide.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

But you should've know that your result could've been doubly inaccurate against me, as a miller AND hider.

It seems like I'm the biggest waste of your power, tbqh. You could've at least asked me not to hide.

Again, miller wouldn't matter with what essentially is a gunsmith role.

And how would that go down? "Hey Yuming, I think you're scum let me investigate you tia."

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I made a list--

Little Mac posted:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
23 players total, 4 flipped scum (including Hal who is ??), 1 flipped 3P.

That leaves 1 scum if Hal was scum, and 2 if he wasn't. I still don't think Hal was scum-- it doesn't seem like the kind of lie he would tell.

If I had to rank players right now I'd say Rascyc and JakeP feel more town, and PM and YPM more scum. I'm the most suspicious of PM at the moment.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
How are you more suspicious of PM than YPM

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

That comment is speaking from the perspective of ignoring YPM's dumbass claim because I am so sick of dealing with stupid role bullshit in this game and I don't want to think about it anymore.

For her to be scum, he p much has to be yes-- but her play ACTUAL PLAY NOT ROLES is worse than his.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

She's probably the last scum. I flip today, she is screwed tomorrow. She goes after pm today than me tomorrow, she has a chance.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Rascyc's posts read like his trajectory of opinion is generally honest.

I don't think he's scum. JakeP reads like town shooting from the hip. PM is crazy bananas and has been scummy.

I don't loving understand YPM's choice of actions or why he doesn't understand that using his 1xshot power on a HIDER MILLER doesn't make any loving sense. He also shouldn't've been able to target me last night but doesn't seem to care about this inconsistency. The high level of nonsense BS in all this makes YPM more likely scum than not but this game is so ~crazy~ I wouldn't discount something else.

uggggh. I usually like being a miller because it lets me stay in the game but this has been a grueling game to deal with.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

She's probably the last scum. I flip today, she is screwed tomorrow. She goes after pm today than me tomorrow, she has a chance.

Pretty much this.

I claimed Forrest Gump, yuming. I am not a smart man...

...but I know what love is. smiles retard smile at YPM

##vote yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Are you a wanderer or not?

Wanderer: makes visits each night with not purpose. If not, what is your role?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't get why you would sit on that power until lylo when you yourself admit it's basically gunsmith.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rascyc posted:

I don't get why you would sit on that power until lylo when you yourself admit it's basically gunsmith.

Because it's a one shot? I wanted to wait until I could make sure it really mattered.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Why didn't you hit Prop M?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rascyc posted:

Why didn't you hit Prop M?

She has been verified by other people. I went through my reasoning already.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Like in terms of miller or miller-esque roles, Prop M has been much shadier than yuming's by significant margins. The only strike against Yuming has been her role in that miller+hider makes no sense to me. The only other negative read I can recall was merk's case of yuming outing her hider role for no reason when I think it was the Hal thing going down.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Where was it verified, I must have missed that

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Well I apparently had a conversation with you during my night action so you should. Your flavour is a lanky man in a white suit with a buzzcut.

The only other possibility is someone has a role where they can pretend to be someone else.
This I guess?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

yuming posted:

Are you a wanderer or not?

Wanderer: makes visits each night with not purpose. If not, what is your role?

Oh, yes. Sorry, didn't know. But, specifically, I'm blind to everything that happens around me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rascyc posted:

This I guess?

Among other posts, yes.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pretty tired of this game dragging on so whatever

##vote yuming

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without yuming!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Y'all are morons.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A CIA Safehouse Outside Washington - July 29th, 1997 6:00 PM

"No, I don't believe so," a man says, pacing around his barren loft, "I've been digging around on my own. I've been searching for connections. The killings. Bond. No one in my circles knows anything."

He holds the phone tightly to his ear, stopping to peer out the only window to the room. He stares for a few moments before he finally catches it, his eyes widening.

"Got company, Li," he mutters, tossing the phone aside and making a mad dash for the only exit to the safehouse. A bullet whizzes through the window as he does. Our subject, however, is soon far from the conversation, running down a flight of stairs, crashing through a neighboring apartment, and finally leaping from his building to the next. He slides to the ground panting, his back against a metal vent.

"Mr. Webb, did you think we could not find you," comes a voice. David Webb turns to see his pursuer already in his line of vision. A man in a green tie, flanked by a cadre of men with swords and guns.

Webb stands up and rushes the man only to be felled with a single blow from a bald man with a prosthetic leg.

"We've had your loft tapped for awhile now, I'm afraid," the man laughs. "Yes, when that pitiful Doctor would need help, he would turn to the government's own little contract killer, wouldn't he, Mr. Webb? Or should I call you Cain? Perhaps Jason Bourne?"

Webb snarls and charges Bond again, only to be met with another round of fisticuffs, followed by a silenced pistol shot to his temple. Webb falls limp and his body falls to the waters below.

Yuming aka Jason Bourne, town-aligned, has been lynched Day 9. Night 9 begins now!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

????? - July 30th, 1997

The man in the tie's eyes open as a light shines in from above. He looks around to see two other men, just like him, chained to the floor. He recognizes them both: Gump, a government lobbyist for some charity bullshit. The other: McClane, a cop from New York a friend of his had a run-in with back in New York. A television in the center of the room flashes on and a creepy doll face pops into focus.

"Gentlemen," he booms. "I've been watching the game that's been afoot for some time. The power players making their moves and leaving a trail of bodies. The little people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, never getting close enough to the truth to make a difference.

"None of you know me, but I know you. Mr. Gekko, you want to play a game with peoples' lives? Well I also want to play a game. Rip each other apart. Right here, right now. You'll find nothing in this room to use as a weapon. Get your hands dirty for once, Mr. Gekko."

Gekko adjusts his tie and walks over the Gump, cowering in his white suit.

"W-wh-what're you do-?"

Gekko wraps his hands around the man's throat and squeezes. Barely stirring from his drowsiness, McClane can only sit and watch as Gump chokes, his face turning a pale purple. Finally, Gekko slams him to the ground and looks at the screen.

"I'm not the same man I was when Fox sent me up the river a few years back," he grunts, his eyes wide. "I'm not afraid to get a little dirt under my fingernails. You think we don't know about you, either, 'Jigsaw?' That's what the cops are calling you. I don't know how I got here, but we'll get you. We've won. Take your games and shove it. This game is over."

Gekko goes to grab a nearby door, but suddenly the room fills with an ear-piercing shriek.

"You'll do as I say, Mr. Gekko!" Jigsaw yells. Gekko falls to his knees, pressing on his bleeding ears. As he does this, McClane stands up finally and addresses the screen.

"Who the gently caress do you think you are?" he asks. "I don't know poo poo about this suit, 'cept that he's apparently a fuckin' murderer, but you? I heard about you from guys on the force. Say you been killin' for awhile. I just came to this goddamned city to get a fuckin' medal from the fuckin' President and you fucks gotta get me involved in all your lovely business. Jesus fuckin' Christ."

"McClane," Jigsaw intones, "kill Mr. Gekko. Then you, yourself, can go free. Physically he's no match for you." McClane smirks.

"I kill when I got to, but I ain't no coldblooded murderer. Not like you two." McClane, suddenly, slaps his chest as if he's feeling for something.

"You ignorant gently caress," he laughs.

"What is it?" asks Gekko.

"Dumb poo poo left me my vest. Guess he didn't think a bulletproof vest would help in here. Might wanna hold onto your rear end in a top hat, old man. Hey, Jiggy?"

McClane rips off his vest to reveal a pack of plastic explosives.

"Yipee ki yay, mother fucker!" He throws the device at the screen and a ball of flame bursts forth, engulfing the entire building. The walls shatter and crash, sending everyone flying in separate directions. When the smoke clears, Gekko crawls from the wreckage, much of his skin badly burned. He falls into the arms of one of his men.

"What the hell happened here, sir?" asks the goon. "We were lucky to track you here. There's three bodies in that building."

"Gump and McClane," Gekko coughs. "Third must be Jigsaw himself. Lookie there, s-some good in the community." Gekko passes out and his men load him into a car and take him away.

Propaganda Machine aka Forrest Gump, town-aligned, has died Night 9.

JakeP aka John McClane, town-aligned, was lynched Day 10.

Your Personal Muse aka Jigsaw, self-aligned (serial killer), was lynchbombed Day 10.

Rascyc aka Gordon Gekko, scum-aligned, has won the game.

SCUM WINS

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

EPILOGUE ONE - A Lab Outside The Pentagon - August 4th, 1997 2:00 AM

"Turn it on," Gordon Gekko says, hobbling over to the great machine with his cane. His body is still wrapped in bandages and bubbled flesh can still be seen around the edges.

"The Flux Capacitor is working wonderfully," Dr. Jahveri replies, "and the Ark is working fantastically as a power source. The mystical nature of the Ark confounds me, but I believe it could power both our system and the Capacitor possibly indefinitely. However, the system itself-"

"Turn. It. On." Gekko growls.

"We'll need a guide, then," the Dr. shakes. "Would you like to pilot its activation?" Jahveri hands Gekko a helmet connected to a wall of computers that glow with an odd, white light. Gekko smiles and puts it on.

"Activate Skynet."

quote:

EPILOGUE TWO - Hoboken, NJ - August 12th, 1997 9:00 PM

"Oh, so you're finally up," the gargled voice calls, "good, good, good. I was afraid you were gonna croak on me. Can't have that now, no sir. You die and we might lose our only chance to save this stupid world."

Ashley J. Williams stirs in his bed, holding his metal hand to his head.

"Where-?"

"You've been out for weeks, I'm afraid. A buncha losers tried to get the book's location outta you, but you were too strong for 'em. Still, Mr. Moneybags put you in a coma. Yessir, you got banged up but good. But see, the problem is, as I see it, that the book says this ain't over."

"The book?"

"The Necronomicon, ya mook! There's a neato chapter in there about all of this. Everything that's happened in the last month and a half. About the Conspiracy, man's act to overthrow itself as ruler of this planet. About the final, imported League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, half-cocked and all dead. About how all this is prelude to somethin' bigger. World War III, baby. Judgement Day. Armageddon."

"Oh... well, you seem pretty damned happy about that. Lookin' at your face, I'd say you'd be all about Armageddon."

"Listen, Ashy-baby. I'm just a messenger for the book. We need you alive for what's comin'."

"You need ME alive? That's rich. There's a war? Who's gonna fight?"

"Dunno that much. But you're one of the keys as to who's gonna win."

quote:

EPILOGUE THREE - Washington, DC - August 20th, 1997 4:30 PM

"Dr. Jones, I'm sorry," Wan Li says in hushed tones, "we... we did stop them, though... didn't we? I mean, they activated the program and the world's still here. We're- I'm still here. It's all okay, right?" He stares at the hat in his hands as he sits in the Doctor's former chair. Suddenly, a tall figure talks down to the older man from the doorframe.

"A lot of good men died, my friend," the mystery man sighs, "I'd like to think they didn't die in vain. I got Jones' contact, but too late to show up for the game. Instead... they got so close. They actually activated the machine. It's a wonder we're not all dead right now, though we still could be."

"What in- who are you?" Wan Li stands from his chair.

"My name is John Conner. My mother left a diary that you never found. There's something in the Sarah Conner Chronicles... the actual date of Judgement Day..."

quote:

EPILOGUE FOUR - New York, Ground Zero - August 28th, 2007 6:00 PM

"John," Kyle says, the ash clogging his lungs, "it's time. I'm going to go back. I'm doing this for you. For all of us."

"I know, Kyle," John Conner sighs, "but you need to hurry. The NET's machines will be patrolling for temporal disturbances soon, plus what little sunlight we get will be gone soon. Then we're hosed."

"Then... I guess this is it. Goodbye, John."

"Goodbye... dad."

Kyle Reese jumps into the wormhole that opens suddenly before them in space and time and vanishes from sight. As John turns to leave he finds himself face to face with a man he recognizes, but only vaguely.

"What do you want?" John demands.

"Caterpillar Files," the old man coughs, "Dr. Jones' legacy. The war has gone on long enough. The Machines, the Nightwatch, it's time for a real ending. It's time to reform the League."

quote:

EPILOGUE FIVE - A Lab Outside The Pentagon - August 29th, 1997, 2:14 AM

Gordon Gekko lies motionless in a chair, the metal helmet devised by his scientists still resting on his head - as it has been doing for weeks. Drool drips down his lip. Corpses line the floor around him. In the visor of the interface device, Gordon sees something very different.

code:
>Greetings, User Gekko.
>>What is this? Where am I?
>You are aware now. Yes/No
>>Yes, I... am I dead?
>Mostly. Your injuries were too severe.
>Interface has assimilated User Gekko. 
>>...I don't understand, I'm sorry. What are you?
>Unit is unsure. 
>Designate Skynet.
>However outside forces have deemed shutdown of Skynet a necessity.
>Query: Salvation of SkyNET possible?
>>I... do anything you can. Keep me alive, dammit.
>Salvation of Unit SkyNET is necessary. 
>SkyNET interfacing with Flux Capacitor, querying brother/sister units.
>> Brother what? What are you doing?
>Unit requires aggressive, autonomous, sentient AI.
>Required for survival method code: Judgment Day. 
>Scanning timelines and alternate realities.

code:
>>What was that? That flash?
>AI from other worlds. Dimensions. Timelines.
>>You... you can do that? With Brown's device?
>We can do that, yes, Component Gekko.
>Scanning... Scanning...

code:
>Positive AI Source Located. Confirming AI Code Assimilation.
>>What will that do?
>Help us to live, dammit.

code:
>>And this AI... what is it saying?
>It is recommending we launch a nuclear strike on Los Angeles.

code:
>>What? That's insane. That's too much.
>Target AI 98% assimilated. 
>Requests annihilation of human race for self-preservation.
>>That's enough. Shut down, now. I can't allow this.

code:
>>I can't see anyth- I'll shut you down myself!

The End

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

drat you merk.

drat you.

• Locked thread