Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Tusen Takk posted:

Oh hey good to see Michigan is still poo poo

Super Aggro Crag posted:

loving ghettos. I am working next to a pile of needles, used condoms and chicken bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

I've had only one tire go flat, and it was within my first year of driving 14 years ago. Are the roads made of nails where you live?

I won $200 on a scratch off. Aw yiss, bagels for the office!

Indiana's roadways that are not toll roads are indeed crumbling.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hilariously, the area that incident occurred in is relatively well to do (Royal oak)

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

kastein posted:

it's probably snow tire removal day next weekend, so I'll teach her then.

Might want to hold off on that.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My mother in law is the kind of person who refused to even put gas in her own car until her husband passed away, so my wife learned from that example. I'm pretty sure her stepfather taught her to replace a spare tire, but she had no interest in learning how to hook up a trailer the one time she had the opportunity. I love her, but I don't see how people can be so uninterested in the world.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Safety Dance posted:

My mother in law is the kind of person who refused to even put gas in her own car until her husband passed away, so my wife learned from that example. I'm pretty sure her stepfather taught her to replace a spare tire, but she had no interest in learning how to hook up a trailer the one time she had the opportunity. I love her, but I don't see how people can be so uninterested in the world.

This is what gets me. I get not knowing how to do something because you've never been taught, but to actively avoid learning? I don't loving get it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I understand actively avoiding learning about poo poo that you don't care about and have a husband who will do it for you, though

I mean I'm sure there are things that your wife knows how to do that while you could learn to do, you shrug and say gently caress it I'll let her handle it

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Tusen Takk posted:

I understand actively avoiding learning about poo poo that you don't care about and have a husband who will do it for you, though

I mean I'm sure there are things that your wife knows how to do that while you could learn to do, you shrug and say gently caress it I'll let her handle it

I can't think of anything my wife knows how to do that I either don't know or would refuse to learn. There's plenty that she's better at than I am and so she takes care of that stuff, but I still know how to do it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Magnus Praeda posted:

I can't think of anything my wife knows how to do that I either don't know or would refuse to learn. There's plenty that she's better at than I am and so she takes care of that stuff, but I still know how to do it.

I refuse to learn how to use Pinterest.

For real, though, my wife is significantly better at meal planning. When she has the time, I let her make the grocery list, and then we go shopping and I stand around while she improvises and changes things around on the fly. When she doesn't have the time, I fall back to a handful of standard meals that I can remember, or else I wind up buying like twenty things of frozen bagel-hotdogs.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

For real, though, my wife is significantly better at meal planning. When she has the time, I let her make the grocery list, and then we go shopping and I stand around while she improvises and changes things around on the fly. When she doesn't have the time, I fall back to a handful of standard meals that I can remember, or else I wind up buying like twenty things of frozen bagel-hotdogs.

Yeah exactly this, my wife rules at shopping lists and meal planning and if not for her we would live off of pizza rolls and eggs instead of rice lentils and chicken

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Having recently changed a tyre with a scissor jack, I can empathise with those who would rather wait for AAA to come and do it for them.

I immediately went out and bought a trolley jack and would happily change tyres all day with that. But only the fear of losing my mancard would make me use a widowmaker instead of getting a pro to do it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Safety Dance posted:

pinterest is loving terrible. my wife uses it of course and when she tries to send me a recipe, the site almost always tries to force me to log in or use their drat app just to see what the loving link is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My wife cooks tacos and chili by heart and runs our accounts, yet lets me buy car parts like a mad man.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

pinterest is loving terrible. my wife uses it of course and when she tries to send me a recipe, the site almost always tries to force me to log in or use their drat app just to see what the loving link is.

As someone who recently got married in a very DIY wedding, I never want to see a pinterest page ever again. Ever.

Jesus that was a year of pain.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah exactly this, my wife rules at shopping lists and meal planning and if not for her we would live off of pizza rolls and eggs instead of rice lentils and chicken

Admittedly, I would probably live on some pretty questionable "food" if not for my wife forcing me to eat real food. That's more out of laziness and a love of things like pizza bites, ramen, etc.

BraveUlysses posted:

God I hate Pintrest. My wife just started sending me links to stuff on houzz. gently caress that site and gently caress the people who designed it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pinterest rules because it gives my wife fun ideas and new recipes

Also I would live off of ramen, chicken curries, and pizza if not for my wife

Oh and Mac and cheese :yum:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

My wife can not cook for the life of her. She regularly ruins pots trying to make popcorn.

I do all the cooking, which I'm happy with, as I'm pretty passionate about it.

gently caress pinterest for recipes though, it just redirects to food blogs, go right to the source. One of my favorites is Budget Bytes.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Noise Complaint posted:

As someone who recently got married in a very DIY wedding, I never want to see a pinterest page ever again. Ever.

My wife was a huge fan of pinterest a few years ago. I like to call that "my weekends are loving shot era." I'm with you, I never want to see pinterest ever again.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is pinterest the one that doesn't let you look at anything if you don't have an account? F you pinterest.

And f you forbes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cage posted:

Is pinterest the one that doesn't let you look at anything if you don't have an account? F you pinterest.

And f you forbes.

Forbes is facing a decrease in income and readership due to their ad-block firewall

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my wedding was super pinteresting and on a farm, to the point that coca cola used one of our wedding pictures in one of their adverts

:3:

pinterest is cool even if it makes some things unoriginal because who gives a gently caress as long as its cute

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Did they pay you for using it

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
TT I mean this in the nicest way possible but you give me hope that I can find a smoking hot wife as a kind of goofy looking dude.

edit: like the fake jon lovitz story

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

Did they pay you for using it

they sent us a bunch of coke, I was okay with it.

Cage posted:

TT I mean this in the nicest way possible but you give me hope that I can find a smoking hot wife as a kind of goofy looking dude.

i got really, really lucky and it's deffo been said before

tbf i look way less goofy as a baldy now though

not to spam pics of me and my qt wife everywhere but shaving off all your hair and gaining 40lbs helps make some people look way less dweeby

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Your dog knows whats up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

Your dog knows whats up.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Adorable pupster!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I forget, which stage of decline bench press is "don't fall off the drat bench"?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

shaving off all your hair and gaining 40lbs helps make some people look way less dweeby

So are you going to try that?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

So are you going to try that?

I'm already at 200lbs!!!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Hansolio posted:

I just had to help one of our techs with this last week. In his case the DNS record for autodiscover was never created. We made an A record for it with the Exchange server's IP and everything just worked after that.

Autodiscover already works for previous Office versions in this case. The issue is the removal of the ability to manual config an account so I can see just what the gently caress is going on.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Has anyone used the Duplicolor wheel paint? If so what is the coverage like (I.e. How many cans needed for 4 wheels)? Pothole season wheels are too boring in black.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm already at 200lbs!!!
Oh, to need to get up to 200lbs... :btroll:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

InitialDave posted:

Oh, to need to get up to 300lbs... :btroll:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm right there with you, buddy. Down to 308 currently.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Hmmm, first time I've seen the Mr. Clean look make someone look less manly. Maybe pick up a weight sometime.:v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Who cares about looking objectively manly if you have a wife and dog that think you're p cool?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

Who cares about looking objectively manly if you have a wife and dog that think you're p cool?

exactly :3:

that being said i've been using this semester to """bulk""" since i've been so busy with uni and hopefully I'll have time to hit the gym and Get Swoll before I get my tattoo :3:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
We may want to cancel lunch. If the Gorester gets a whiff of you it'll probably try mounting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have a meeting with my professor at 11:30a then it'll take me around an hour to get out there so I'll keep in touch with you to see where you guys are/if you're wrapping up before I head out

• Locked thread