Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

Man they sure loved their creepy puppets in the mid 20th century.

But enough about US foreign policy.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Kill this page with fire. Kill it!

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
A DIY solution for cleaning a stylus is a cut down Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Dip the stylus into it dry and it’ll pick up any dust and dirt, including small stuff. It’s what i use since the onzow knockoff wasn’t worth it. Just don’t be too aggressive or you can knock the tip off the stylus.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

VladimirLeninpest posted:

A DIY solution for cleaning a stylus is a cut down Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Dip the stylus into it dry and it’ll pick up any dust and dirt, including small stuff. It’s what i use since the onzow knockoff wasn’t worth it. Just don’t be too aggressive or you can knock the tip off the stylus.

And it’s worth noting that Mr Clean are just branded melamine foam, which can be bought much cheaper and works the same. Because it is the same thing. But without Proctor and Gamble taking a big chunk of your cash.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/we-put-these-cheaper-generic-magic-erasers-to-the-test-against-mighty-mr-clean-246801

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

dorium posted:

Kill this page with fire. Kill it!

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Yeah, that's what I was using previously, good to hear it's not a terrible solution.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

pwn posted:

And it’s worth noting that Mr Clean are just branded melamine foam, which can be bought much cheaper and works the same. Because it is the same thing. But without Proctor and Gamble taking a big chunk of your cash.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/we-put-these-cheaper-generic-magic-erasers-to-the-test-against-mighty-mr-clean-246801

cool tanks!

I have scored some world class schmertz over the past few weeks, probably want to photo some of it. For now though, cheers from the Disco Light Orchestra!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
How does one do a disco version of Lay Down Sally?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Some of the more interesting 1950s-60s album covers on my main shelf.

I'm here to encourage everyone to own more Ventures albums.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFpTyem-xOY

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Cemetry Gator posted:

How does one do a disco version of Lay Down Sally?

i assume the same way you make a disco version of follow you, follow me: lots of strings and horns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGbV_KWDudI

more importantly, the house of the rising sun cover loving slaps and i need a copy of this record now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPCqOxwKwaE

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh my god, these rule

elevator genesis is absolutely next level

I should try and get some shots of some of the weirder stuff/covers in my collection, possibly later in the week

I'm still disappointed "discoteque for polka lovers" is just a polka album, but gently caress it, I'm keeping it, it's a ridiculous artifact

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Holy poo poo I love that Puff the Magic Dragon cover. Too bad I have an extraordinary dislike of the actual song.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

As a child I was deathly afraid of uncanny dolls, so it's a good thing I didn't grow up with that era of vinyl records. :gonk:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Some of the more interesting 1950s-60s album covers on my main shelf.

This sounds like some kind of riddle or logic puzzle, and now I'm very curious to know how four freshmen manage to play five trombones between them. I know how the guy from Morphine played two saxaphones at once, but for the life of me I'm not sure how the mechanics would work to play more than one trombone at a time.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

System of pulleys

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

McCoy Pauley posted:

This sounds like some kind of riddle or logic puzzle, and now I'm very curious to know how four freshmen manage to play five trombones between them. I know how the guy from Morphine played two saxaphones at once, but for the life of me I'm not sure how the mechanics would work to play more than one trombone at a time.

They just have five trombones. Nothing about them actually playing them.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I could look at crazy rear end covers in collections all day.

I didn't know this was a thing, it's amazing and cheap on Discogs!

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

While we are on cool record covers, the covers from Savoy Records done by Harvey are really surreal and wonderful:

http://www.harveyalbums.com/

https://www.discogs.com/artist/2482235-Harvey-15

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yay my bartees strange finally shipped this morning

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The Walrus posted:

yay my bartees strange finally shipped this morning

lol I literally just looked at Rough Trade and saw it was sold out, sigh

every album I loved in 2020 is impossible to get. I was waiting until I got my record shelf and had room, but now I can't get Jessie Ware, Bartees Strange, Roisin Murphy...

the only albums I can still get are ones that are like tiny labels on Bandcamp based in Europe that need $15 for shipping and I can't find enough records from them to buy at once to justify an order :v:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

They just have five trombones. Nothing about them actually playing them.

Yeah, Four Freshmen and Five Trombones have been ignored by history but they were a huge influence on John Cage.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

If you like imagine those little orbs are fart bubbles coming from her magical cyberbutt

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

petit choux posted:

If you like imagine those little orbs are fart bubbles coming from her magical cyberbutt

There's no way those underwear were even remotely comfortable.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CPL593H posted:

There's no way those underwear were even remotely comfortable.

I think it would chafe my dick.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think it would chafe my dick.

I'd be very impressed if you could cram the whole thing in there.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I LOL mightily at the paucity of your sexy underwear wearing lore.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

JAMOOOL posted:

Q for all you vinyl freaks and freakettes

I have a record that I bought new and have played 6-7 times which, for some reason, plays kinda crackly right now - consistent surface noise

not sure why this is, maybe it's just a bad pressing and I didn't notice until now (its my first time listening on headphones) but I think it might be because the paper inner sleeve is scuffing it up. are paper sleeves known for doing that?

Anti-static sleeves are relatively inexpensive and worth it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn, EVERYTHING about this. :aaa:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

petit choux posted:

I LOL mightily at the paucity of your sexy underwear wearing lore.

I also bought this from a thrift store because of that excellent cover and was very disappointed that the music doesn't at all sound like this looks.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CPL593H posted:

I also bought this from a thrift store because of that excellent cover and was very disappointed that the music doesn't at all sound like this looks.

I never got to find out. Turned out it had a different record inside. Ah well, another 50 cents down the tubes. ED: I inspected it for scratches and dirt, but apparently not to see if it was the correct album, LOL.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 27, 2021

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hey y'all remember this? Do we still want to do this?

Using sporklift's template and the only text that really matters.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ballz posted:

Hey y'all remember this? Do we still want to do this?

Using sporklift's template and the only text that really matters.

hmmmm

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Can we make it so the thing spins?

at exactly 33 rpm please