Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

I got a thing in the mail.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kduk9QL

(Yes, I went about as crazy as I get. My oldest kid lost his mind, he remembered watching the episode together. )

I've been keeping an eye out for one of those prizes since they usually don't go for a premium above the game itself. Congratulations!

Rochallor posted:

Congratulations! No idea what the odds were, but I assume every episode gets swamped with entrants. That's really cool.

They go up on Yahoo auctions from time to time if you want to try for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That's freaking awesome. I might have to keep an eye out as well.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Whoa! Congo rats!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

They go up on Yahoo auctions from time to time if you want to try for one.

I was thinking I've never seen one for sale, and that the letter promising punishment if you do try and sell it might be the reason why.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

I was thinking I've never seen one for sale, and that the letter promising punishment if you do try and sell it might be the reason why.

The person who runs Gaming Alexandria bought the Battle Formula cart a few months ago which made me insanely jealous.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

The person who runs Gaming Alexandria bought the Battle Formula cart a few months ago which made me insanely jealous.
Do you have a link? I can't find anything on the site and I'm curious.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I saw this bit about the upcoming episode on the GCCXGENERAL pastebin: "This episode includes the first installment of Tsuri Zanmai (Fishing Fanatic), featuring a variety of fishing games."

Super hyped, can't wait to see this.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Kakaricho posted:

Can they legitimately do anything about it though?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Explosive Tampons posted:

They send Abe after you.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hi thread, I found your banner and would love to dive in on Game Center, but the naya for season 3 (at least) doesn't have any seeders. Is there another place it's hosted?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Arino will cast a hex on you

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hi thread, I found your banner and would love to dive in on Game Center, but the naya for season 3 (at least) doesn't have any seeders. Is there another place it's hosted?

There's a megatorrent on Nyaa which has all the subbed episodes updated Jan 2024, which has lots of seeders, so bite the bullet, download 220 gigabytes of Kacho and Kacho on.

My own folder is 250 Gb at this time!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

TeaJay posted:

There's a megatorrent on which has all the subbed episodes updated Jan 2024, which has lots of seeders, so bite the bullet, download 220 gigabytes of Kacho and Kacho on.

My own folder is 250 Gb at this time!

Hadn't thought to check that, thank you!

E: Still stalling, is it registered users only? :thisagain:

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 22, 2024

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hadn't thought to check that, thank you!

E: Still stalling, is it registered users only? :thisagain:

I was able to start it from the magnet link just fine, try to force start if it stalls.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

TeaJay posted:

I was able to start it from the magnet link just fine, try to force start if it stalls.

I got it thanks! It was a combo between that and some network settings I needed to update.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I've got all of the translated + all of the non-translated episodes up on my MEGA too, for those of you who don't do torrents.

https://mega.nz/#P!AgDa3lQQAtnjIUlm5FgKF71JDkEEzUSCrmvwWPoiv2JS8m2qxgtc3bWgIGzOElgEHRbMIcI6c0VbeDauyG-8g7GT7kV4ncTFuLoIKpKT1R5WKfviIYqY0Q

PW: Fj02147-&fd8

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

They've given it to you, so it's your's now, but there might be some clause in the entry saying you agree not to sell it. I suppose they could try to have the auction site delist it?

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Random Stranger posted:

Yes, that's me. I even talk about GCCX in a few episodes. The Famicom project was completed in November and then I did both of Epoch's consoles and currently I'm working through the FDS library.

I had a video about a stupid game go viral last month and it's been an annoyance since what I really want to do is just talk through game history and system libraries while explaining how to play obscure games which is a concept that has no actual appeal.

This post alerted me to your channel @Random Stranger. And just a few minutes ago, I finished episode 1041. I've watched every minute of every episode, save for skipping one or two seconds of Ikinari Musician at the beginning and a few seconds after the blurb at the end.

I really need to thank you for a lot of things.

First, thank you for your work in helping to bring GCCX to a wider audience. I stumbled upon the tv-nihon translations who knows how long ago and have watched every episode since then. I'm an old man now who grew up with the NES in my formative pre-teen years so being able to enjoy the other half of the Nintendo experience through Arino and his crew has been infinitely enriching. My wife has also seen pretty much every episode with me, and now, my daughter is enjoying them too. Your (and everyone else who was involved before and since then) work may not look like much of a legacy in the grand scheme; but it's meant a lot to me, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Now, you've given the English speaking world the definitive Famicom retrospective. Thank you for providing context, insight, humor, and universal appeal towards closing that crazy gap that still sits between our NES experiences and those from Japan. The amount of information you packed into each episode, under your self-imposed restrictions, is frankly unbelievable. And the cherry on top is that I can watch these episodes with my kiddo (when she doesn't roll her eyes and leave the room), making them that much more enriching.

I still need to sit down and watch The End; and I'm looking forward to starting The Year of Yellow Floppies, but I wanted to take a break to come and say thanks. You really made something special.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PlanetFlavor posted:

I wanted to take a break to come and say thanks. You really made something special.

Aw, thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

And don't overlook all of the people who worked to get those GCCX episodes into English. Kakaricho and zari-gani and Gutcruncher and Univbee and the goose crew now and so many more. It took a lot of people to get those episodes out.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

Yes, that's me. I even talk about GCCX in a few episodes. The Famicom project was completed in November and then I did both of Epoch's consoles and currently I'm working through the FDS library.

I had a video about a stupid game go viral last month and it's been an annoyance since what I really want to do is just talk through game history and system libraries while explaining how to play obscure games which is a concept that has no actual appeal.

My spouse (bobservo on here) puts on Youtube videos about retro games while he's working sometimes; he started watching yours and I recognized your voice! Congrats on your cool channel and recognition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

PlanetFlavor posted:

And the cherry on top is that I can watch these episodes with my kiddo (when she doesn't roll her eyes and leave the room), making them that much more enriching.

What sort of episodes/games would make her eyes roll?
I like seeing the hot mess platformers with tinny music and that just show off all the limitations of the Famicom and the common design blunders everyone seems to come across. I also like the context around the completely forgotten toy or manga tie-in games. But I can't stand looking at any of these Koei strategy or board games.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 28, 2024